Started by BidShark , Nov 21 2010 12:49 AM

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I hate to smear the name of a business, but it seems that this is no business at all.
Zaneybid.com has no problem taking money from bidders hand over fist, yet they lack the decency to send out any wins, answer any calls/emails, or even consider making things right with the people they've wronged.
I'm very close to opening several disputes with my credit card company, contacting the BBB, and the Attorney General.
This kind of activity has to stop. If one cannot provide the service they promise and offer, they should not be open for business.
I have one word for this site: SCAM!:mad:
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
Mark Twain

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Totally agree with everything said!

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I can't remember if these guys shut down on Sundays, but the last 2 auctions are running right now...Perhaps if they take a break from making and taking money the can ship out or credit what is owed!!!!!!!:S:S
Mark Twain

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Bidshark,
How long has it been since you won items?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

My wins range from 11/01 through 11/06...Not very long, but my problem is the fact that they cannot communicate with me/us.

I don't think I would care if it took them 2 months to deliver my items, it's the fact that you absolutely, positively, cannot get in touch with anyone.
It doesn't matter when you call/email/Facebook, nobody will ever respond. It makes me very nervous to know that they have $100's of my dollars and my credit card info and they don't have the common courtesy to even speak with me.
Mark Twain

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Bidshark,
How long has it been since you won items?

I am still waiting on items won from Oct. 29th on. Since they are not answering phone calls, e-mails and not shipping, I believe it's pretty obvious what is happening. If you recall, Zaney closed once before, because of the PayPal issue. Why would you secure another payment processor, come back again & not ship wins???? And... continue to put up TV's & iPhones when you can't even ship items from October? This must be a new way for someone to get the cash they need for Christmas. :o

If you are an honest PA owner & cannot fulfill wins, you do not continue to put up auctions and continue taking your customer's money. Willie & Marion continued to put up auctions & take our money. They shipped out a few items & provided customer service up until they were ready to bolt. Silence is always the final sign that your money & wins are gone.

1undecided1
  • 1undecided1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Oh man!!!...I wish I would of read these before buying any bids.

nancy1
  • nancy1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I was telling yesterday. They owe me 16 things and I received only one. They have no auctions up today!

nancy1
  • nancy1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I hate to smear the name of a business, but it seems that this is no business at all.
Zaneybid.com has no problem taking money from bidders hand over fist, yet they lack the decency to send out any wins, answer any calls/emails, or even consider making things right with the people they've wronged.
I'm very close to opening several disputes with my credit card company, contacting the BBB, and the Attorney General.
This kind of activity has to stop. If one cannot provide the service they promise and offer, they should not be open for business.
I have one word for this site: SCAM!:mad:

I have won 17 things and received only one. They have no auctions up today.

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Well, no auctions today from Zaney.
I've heard from IPenny that Zaney has closed down before because of issues with PayPal...they only issues I could think of would be them not delivering and people asking for their money back through PayPal, then PayPal closes down the account because they are too much of a risk...
I'm still going to give Zaney until Monday, if I haven't heard from them, I'm contacting the fraud departement through my credit card.
:mad::mad:
Mark Twain

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Well, no auctions today from Zaney.
I've heard from IPenny that Zaney has closed down before because of issues with PayPal...they only issues I could think of would be them not delivering and people asking for their money back through PayPal, then PayPal closes down the account because they are too much of a risk...
I'm still going to give Zaney until Monday, if I haven't heard from them, I'm contacting the fraud departement through my credit card.
:mad::mad:

They closed due to a dispute from a vendor who said they did not receive payment, so PayPal gave them their walking papers. Then they re-opened with a new payment processor. Even if you here from them on Monday, what then?? You haven't received your items & they stopped communications with you. If they promise to send your items and you wait for them, just be sure you do not exceed the time frame you have to file a dispute.

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I've won 13 items. Received 0. :mad:

I've filed chargebacks with my credit card company.

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

They closed due to a dispute from a vendor who said they did not receive payment, so PayPal gave them their walking papers. Then they re-opened with a new payment processor. Even if you here from them on Monday, what then?? You haven't received your items & they stopped communications with you. If they promise to send your items and you wait for them, just be sure you do not exceed the time frame you have to file a dispute.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure why they closed down, but I'm glad you shed some light on that.
I've never really had an experience like this with a PA site before.
Thanks for the tips about not waiting too long, I will 4sure keep that in mind. :smile:
Are there other things I should keep in mind? Maybe they're just on a holiday or something??:P
Mark Twain

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure why they closed down, but I'm glad you shed some light on that.
I've never really had an experience like this with a PA site before.
Thanks for the tips about not waiting too long, I will 4sure keep that in mind. :smile:
Are there other things I should keep in mind? Maybe they're just on a holiday or something??:P

Oh yes, they are on holiday! With your money. Did anyone receive an email telling you they would be vacationing? Or any update on items being shipped, prior to their joy trip? File your disputes & consider this your 1st & hopefully last bad experience with a PA :frown:

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Oh yes, they are on holiday! With your money.

lol...looks that way...I really HOPE they do the right thing!!!

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

"
Dear Customers,

We had some issues at the end of this week which caused us to be out.
We will be back in tomorrow & will be getting shipping caught up if
you have any orders over 15 days old you will be receiving a phone
call with a shipment date. We would like to apologize for any
inconvenience we may have caused.

Thank You,
sales@zaneybid.com"

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

"
Dear Customers,

Thank You,
sales@zaneybid.com"

I will believe it when I see items at my door.

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

[quote name='thisonesmine']"
Dear Customers,

Thank You,
sales@zaneybid.com"[/QUOTE]

I just got that email too...I really, really hope they do the right thing...then I'm outta there!
Mark Twain

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

[quote name='BidShark'][quote name='thisonesmine']"
Dear Customers,

Thank You,
sales@zaneybid.com"[/QUOTE]

I just got that email too...I really, really hope they do the right thing...then I'm outta there![/QUOTE]
]

I do too, but they stopped responding to e-mails & phone call, way before this end of the week thing came up. :S

BidderMan
  • BidderMan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

"
Dear Customers,

Thank You,
sales@zaneybid.com"

This email that they sent out is such a cover up for them to buy more time to figure out how to get out of all of this. In an age when we all are connected via internet, smart phones, etc...there's is NO EXCUSE for the ZERO Communication from Zaneybid during the past couple weeks. A 2 second Tweet or Facebook comment, or email would have been much appreciated by all of Zaneybid users. You can't tell me that Zaneybid was "out of town" or "out of office" and couldn't send a single line of communication.

As I had mentioned in my other posting. Zaneybid may have started their penny auctions with good intentions. And they may have started to actually send out items to winners. But soon they learned that penny auctions are not quick cash cows and often start off losing lots of money. I believe they came to the realization that they were going to be operating at a huge loss if they should actually start purchasing the items and sending them to the winners. Don't be surprised...but Zaneybid has NOT purchased any of the items that they auctioned on their site. It's called a "Safety Net"...They don't have to invest any money on the auction items upfront. This way they can still run the auctions, see if they are going to be profitable....if so, then they can purchase the items and send them to the winners. If the auctions prove to be "losses"...such as a $50.00 item selling on Zaneybid for 7 cents....then they can simply scrap the business and give the middle finger to all of their auction winners.

I'm doing my own research on Zaneybid. I'm collecting lots of info (Zaneybid's business info records, owners, domain purchases, vendors, etc)...and I have documentation of all of the money I've spent on the site, all of the items I've won and paid for and yet to receive; also copies of all of their terms & conditions; privacy policies, etc. I am ready to go down the legal channel with them.

-BidderMan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users