Started by BidShark , Nov 21 2010 12:49 AM

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

BidderMan
  • BidderMan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I also received a call from the so-called Willie, but never got to speak to him live. I've called back several times and left messages, but have not received any return calls. I'm glad that Candy had a chance to chat with Willie, but I am still not at all convinced that Zaneybid has any intention to start shipping any goods to their winners.

If Willie really had any good intentions for Zaneybid and their business, they would have communicated it to their customers. They could easily put something, anything on their Facebook page, They could send out an email newsletter explaining everything that has happened, They could offer up some sort of explanation to their customers.....Instead, they choose to stay silent.

To those who received calls, I'm sure Willie had a "NICE" script full of empty promises. It's their way of keeping their SCAM going and keeping hope alive in their customers while they laugh all the way to the bank.

I'm sorry, it's time to take some legal action. I am in the process of reporting their business to IC3.gov I've been doing some research on Zaneybid and their business and owners. I've documented all of my experiences, bidding, won items, payments, etc. I'm submitting everything over to IC3.gov I will also post a link once the case has been submitted and you'll all have a chance to add any of your additional feedback and evidence.

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

It's time to fight back!

BidderMan

nancy1
  • nancy1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I am owed 17 things and when he called last Saturday he said I would hear from them by mid week and this didn't happen. Has anyone received anything?

nancy1
  • nancy1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I thought he would send our wins out but I don't have any yet! Has anyone heard anything yet?

BidShark
  • BidShark
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I thought he would send our wins out but I don't have any yet! Has anyone heard anything yet?

Nothing. I email them at least twice a day and call them at least 4 times a week...you'd think they could respond to one of us...
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
Mark Twain

gary789
  • gary789
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Everytime I call I talk to a nice girl, but the responce is they will call me back. I told her today I am tired of calling everyother day and if their was someone I could speak to she said no that someone would call back, yeah right, who are they kidding.

flostradamos
  • flostradamos
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Everytime I call I talk to a nice girl, but the responce is they will call me back. I told her today I am tired of calling everyother day and if their was someone I could speak to she said no that someone would call back, yeah right, who are they kidding.

its like that discovercard commercial.

(peggy is a dude by the way)
PEGGY: hi my name is peggy (with slovic accent)

BLONDE GIRL: hi i need to speak with a supervisor

PEGGY: one moment while i transfer you, transfer (peggy hands phone to dude1)

dude1: transfer (dude1 hands phone to dude2)

dude2: transfer (dude2 hands phone to dude3)

dude3: transfer (dude3 hands phone to chcik1)

chick1: transfer (chick1 hands phone back to peggy)

PEGGY: hi my name is

BLONDE GIRL: I know PEGGY GAWSHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (she slumps in frustration)

the commercial YouTube - Hi my name is Peggy? How can I help?

i hate customer service like that :mad:
My mom got in an argument at the car wash other lady said "get out of my face i don't know you" my mom said "google me b%tch" rofl she's 65 LOL

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Last time I talked to Willie, I really had hope that he was going to send out items. I even posted about that here. That was a week ago, and still nothing. Please disregard that previous post of mine! There is no excuse any longer for his silence. It would not surprise me if he used the excuse that his grandma got ran over by a reindeer.

nancy1
  • nancy1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Last time I talked to Willie, I really had hope that he was going to send out items. I even posted about that here. That was a week ago, and still nothing. Please disregard that previous post of mine! There is no excuse any longer for his silence. It would not surprise me if he used the excuse that his grandma got ran over by a reindeer.

When I talked to him he sounded so assuring we would get our auction wins but haven't heard from him.*huh*

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Hey everyone..I received this email today from Willie. Some of you probably got the same..

Dear Costumers,

We would like to apologize for the huge delay in shipping we are
expecting to have shipping caught up by the Dec. 25th. We have had
several issues which put us behind. We would like to assure you that
we are not trying to scam anyone things just did not go as planned and
caused us a major setback that we have been working desperately to
fix. We will have everyone’s wins shipped to them even if the chance
we have to shut down our website. We would like to thank everyone that
has participated in our auctions. We look forward to getting
everything back up & running like it should be .We hope you will come
back and try our auctions again as we get our issues corrected.

Thank You,
Willie Stanford
ZaneyBid.com

Uh huh and I'm gonna win the lottery tonight. :wacko:

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

I didn't get that email????? :(

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

I didn't get that email????? :(

I did. Check SPAM.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

For some reason, I never did get any e-mails sent to all members?? Only individual ones. Glad it's posted so I know!

Also, I want to know what the "issues" were that prevented any communication with members?? Also, how does the date by 12/25 coincide with chargeback time frames I wonder?

Edited by candy, 15 December 2010 - 11:32 PM.

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

For some reason, I never did get any e-mails sent to all members?? Only individual ones. Glad it's posted so I know!

Also, I want to know what the "issues" were that prevented any communication with members?? Also, how does the date by 12/25 coincide with chargeback time frames I wonder?

No matter what...I think he is full of...poopoo. No way am I canceling the chargebacks. Let him ship and then I'll cancel. This is just another stall tactic. :mad:

BidderMan
  • BidderMan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hey everyone..I received this email today from Willie. Some of you probably got the same..

Dear Costumers,

We would like to apologize for the huge delay in shipping we are
expecting to have shipping caught up by the Dec. 25th. We have had
several issues which put us behind. We would like to assure you that
we are not trying to scam anyone things just did not go as planned and
caused us a major setback that we have been working desperately to
fix. We will have everyone’s wins shipped to them even if the chance
we have to shut down our website. We would like to thank everyone that
has participated in our auctions. We look forward to getting
everything back up & running like it should be .We hope you will come
back and try our auctions again as we get our issues corrected.

Thank You,
Willie Stanford
ZaneyBid.com

Uh huh and I'm gonna win the lottery tonight. :wacko:

Yep, got the same piece of poop email from zaneybid.com! And I dont believe a word of it.
I just saw iPennyauctions comments on the Zaneybid Facebook about the zaneybid email...and i fully agree with him!

iPenny's comments:
"Got the same email. DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF IT...he's been telling the same story since October. First he promised shipments by the end of the month, then by Thanksgiving....and now he's saying Christmas.

IT'S ALL PART OF HIS SCAM. He sends... out these same emails that give absolutely zero explanation of the so called "shipping issue" and then promises to get things shipped by XXX Date. He uses the email to create a false sense of comfort and hope that you'll actually be receiving the items you've won and paid for. This, in turn, causes some folks to continue buying more bids on Zaneybid and winning items and paying for them. DID YOU NOTICE that his email was sent on the same date that he listed more live auctions on Zaneybid.

STOP PLAYING ON ZANEYBID.COM: Beware of this site! Here's what you need to do if you've been scammed by Zaneybid.com:
1. Stop playing on their site. Don't give them a single dime.
2. File a criminal complaint at : Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home
3. Warn others of the Zaneybid scam.
"

-BidderMan

berrybare
  • berrybare
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Why do owners think they can just start up a penny auction site and then scam people of their money? I just don't understand this!!!!

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Why do owners think they can just start up a penny auction site and then scam people of their money? I just don't understand this!!!!

Because there is hardly any reprecussions to these scammers. Something needs to be done about this.

bidwarfare
  • bidwarfare
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I looked at their site:

"Due to some setbacks we have fell behind and are working on getting shipping out by Dec. 25th"

That was at the top.

That is why I prefer to be in control of the gifts by having everything on the site already bought. Having the gifts before hand and ready to go! Once you establish that your suppliers can be trusted (about 6 months) then let them ship your items.

AND....

Since this PAW is giving away free bids, there are no back up funds to "make sure" you get your items. Which means you probably won your items with free bids, the bid pack you bought is tied up with paypal for 180 days and they don't have any money to go somewhere else to get your stuff! (they probably do, but don't want to due to one important reason or another) If they are using paypal they don't have your credit card --paypal is an escrow company, they can't see your financial information and you can't see there's, so you can get your money back, eventually.

Sometimes, not always, other PAW sites will open a dispute with paypal just to shut down the competition, for example: if a large seller is selling LCD's for $200 and I come along and sell the same ones for $125 I become a threat to them, so they make a fake account using a $250 pay as you go credit card, buy the item from you, then open up a dispute with paypal---then bam! The seller is out of business. By the time the seller sorts stuff out, they have become the "Scam."
Everything was tied up in paypal, phone, website, email....

In conclusion...

Free bids for an established PAW is Great, because they have reserves and can ship your items no matter what problems arise (and problems seem to "arise" alot) But a start up penny auction website??? (needs to be the first question you ask when signing up) should already have the items on hand.

So if you want something for nothing get an EBT card, the government is giving them away for free. (not really, its your money from taxes!!)

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I looked at their site:

"Due to some setbacks we have fell behind and are working on getting shipping out by Dec. 25th"

That was at the top.

That is why I prefer to be in control of the gifts by having everything on the site already bought. Having the gifts before hand and ready to go! Once you establish that your suppliers can be trusted (about 6 months) then let them ship your items.

AND....

Since this PAW is giving away free bids, there are no back up funds to "make sure" you get your items. Which means you probably won your items with free bids, the bid pack you bought is tied up with paypal for 180 days and they don't have any money to go somewhere else to get your stuff! (they probably do, but don't want to due to one important reason or another) If they are using paypal they don't have your credit card --paypal is an escrow company, they can't see your financial information and you can't see there's, so you can get your money back, eventually.

Sometimes, not always, other PAW sites will open a dispute with paypal just to shut down the competition, for example: if a large seller is selling LCD's for $200 and I come along and sell the same ones for $125 I become a threat to them, so they make a fake account using a $250 pay as you go credit card, buy the item from you, then open up a dispute with paypal---then bam! The seller is out of business. By the time the seller sorts stuff out, they have become the "Scam."
Everything was tied up in paypal, phone, website, email....

In conclusion...

Free bids for an established PAW is Great, because they have reserves and can ship your items no matter what problems arise (and problems seem to "arise" alot) But a start up penny auction website??? (needs to be the first question you ask when signing up) should already have the items on hand.

So if you want something for nothing get an EBT card, the government is giving them away for free. (not really, its your money from taxes!!)

I don't know what you're talking about here, but I paid for my bids. Not through Paypal either. His Paypal account was cancelled. Believe me, chargebacks have already been filed for this scammer.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

OMG! I am shocked to see there are MORE auctions up!! :-27-: Come on now! AND, I do NOT like the "are working on getting shipping out by Dec.25th." Eight days til Christmas and not one shipping notice. They have been "working" on shipping since October/November. So let's see..... Dec 25th is a holiday, so this will take them thru Jan.3rd. What will it be then???? :evil:

BidderMan
  • BidderMan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

OMG! I am shocked to see there are MORE auctions up!! :-27-: Come on now! AND, I do NOT like the "are working on getting shipping out by Dec.25th." Eight days til Christmas and not one shipping notice. They have been "working" on shipping since October/November. So let's see..... Dec 25th is a holiday, so this will take them thru Jan.3rd. What will it be then???? :evil:

Personally, I don't think Willie is planning to ship out anything. I've already filed my criminal complaint....but I am thinking about doing MORE, since seeing Colleen's Facebook comments about Zaneybid.com. I saw that Colleen had commented on your posting on the Zaneybid.com facebook page...She posted all of Willie's info. It looks like Willie's wife and some others may be involved in this scam. Check it out:

HERE'S COLLEEN'S FACEBOOK POSTING:
Colleen Spence Yep, I filed my criminal complaint report. AND HERE'S MORE INFO ON OUR FRIEND WILLIE! SEND HIM A NICE XMAS CARD...

HOME ADDRESS:
Willie E Stanford
935 W 11th St
Sulphur, OK 73086-4433
WIFE: Raysha Stanford (also promoting Zaneybid on Facebook)
Raysha Stanford | Facebook

MARION HAMM: is also connected to this Zaney scam since she was the one who first posted Zaneybid in PennyAuctionWatch forum:
http://www.pennyauct....html#post76852

MARION on Facebook: http://www.facebook....5834785&sk=info

I've filed ALL of this information and more in my criminal complaint report at ic3.gov I'll let you know if I find any more info.

Let Justice Reign!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users