new auction new penny auction schnew.com

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Cleo
  • Cleo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Greetings, My name is Todd C. Robinson and I've just launched Schnew.com, obviously a new penny auction site that will feature all the usual great products, along with magazine subscriptions at pennies on the dollar. My marketing firm has been online for 8 years and specialize in online marketing for small businesses. I have been laying low in the back of the forum just reading and learning about what is important to penny auctioneers. It seems that people basically want what they pay for in a prompt manner. That being the case, we've decided to make that our main focus.

We will strive to ship won items within 48 hours of payment received. Along with win limits that will make it fair for everyone, I personally guarantee that we do not use bots or shill bidders in any shape or form. That being the case we are prepared to take lots of losses ramping the site up with users that we hope will make Schnew.com their main penny auction in the long run. Registration includes 5 free bids which could very easily win a very valuable auction while membership is low on the site. Bids are .75 cents each, higher bid packages include free bids.

Magazine subscriptions will be processed through a standard clearing house, that being the case standard in the industry for the first issue of a magazine subscription is 6 to 8 weeks.

As of today we use Paypal and have been verified with them since 2001. We are also in the works of offer Authorize.net as a payment option.

Feel free to contact me with any questions and/or feedback.

Happy bidding.

Posted Image

jonduke
  • jonduke
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

I just watched an auction here, but don't see this one going anywhere good until you fix your timer. The countdown disappears at 10 seconds and does the whole "going once, twice, yada yada thing. I just watched the 100 bid one and I know I'll hear shouts of "there is no proof of anything", but I'm just going to say my gut doesn't have a great feeling about this one. Just saying

startover4
  • startover4
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I cant even load the site...

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I hope that you guys at Schnew manage to bug fix the many problems that have occurred in the past with that script? It's certainly not one of the better ones for the user... just my opinion of course.

Good luck with your new site :)

I cant even load the site...

Are you sure? thought I just saw you on the bid pack? LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

Cleo
  • Cleo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

@neverwalks Thanks for the well wishes. All of the auctions that have gone today have made a few people very happy. The two gift cards were won with the free bids from signing up.

startover4
  • startover4
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Ya i had to go to firefox it wouldn't work on chrome

AuctionJunky
  • AuctionJunky
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

I like the site so far. Quick email responses. The timer thing I thought was just a different style like Skoreit does, going once going twice thing. The layout is nice to. What do you mean by it's a buggy script? What sites used this before?

AuctionJunky
  • AuctionJunky
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

[quote name='neverwalks']I hope that you guys at Schnew manage to bug fix the many problems that have occurred in the past with that script? It's certainly not one of the better ones for the user... just my opinion of course.

Good luck with your new site :)

I like this script, where do you get it

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

What sites used this before?

a few that i have seen...first one i could think of tho.

Cents2Win | Penny Auction

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I like the site so far. Quick email responses. The timer thing I thought was just a different style like Skoreit does, going once going twice thing. The layout is nice to. What do you mean by it's a buggy script? What sites used this before?

Quite a few have used it... some of them no longer around unfortunately. One bug with that script was the possibility that the bid button would freeze. I had a bit of slammer battle with a user once using that script... we were just firing instantly over and over and then all of a sudden the auction stopped taking bids. I questioned the owner and he took the site down, he was unable to reproduce the fault after many attempts at trying so went live again. The same problem cropped up again. He then took the site down again, spoke to the dev who was helping who informed him that in actual fact, this could happen. The site eventually changed their script if I recall correctly but closed down shortly afterwards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

AuctionJunky
  • AuctionJunky
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Quite a few have used it... some of them no longer around unfortunately. One bug with that script was the possibility that the bid button would freeze. I had a bit of slammer battle with a user once using that script... we were just firing instantly over and over and then all of a sudden the auction stopped taking bids. I questioned the owner and he took the site down, he was unable to reproduce the fault after many attempts at trying so went live again. The same problem cropped up again. He then took the site down again, spoke to the dev who was helping who informed him that in actual fact, this could happen. The site eventually changed their script if I recall correctly but closed down shortly afterwards.

I would like to know where to get it. I like the look and feel and I have a great coder who can fix the bugs. I'm thinking of starting a site.

Any help to hunt it down NeverWalks would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cleo
  • Cleo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted Image

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

I like the site so far. I just bid on a 25.00 Best Buy auction without any problems; I use Firefox. The timer goes to 10 seconds then takes 10 seconds to say "Going Once, Going Twice, Almost Gone, Last Chance" (or something like that, I forgot). It's different, but it's no worse than the ones that go all the way to 0 seconds and then start the wording, IMO. Anyways, thumbs up so far. I'll report once I receive my wins.

dpennybidder
  • dpennybidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

this site has very fast shipping. I got 2 gift cards in the mail today 4 days after i won them. Also customer service is very good. Hopefully they can offer some smaller bid packs for bidding and for purchasing.

Cleo
  • Cleo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

We just added a new 25 Bid pack.

www.Schnew.com

startover4
  • startover4
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Just bought bids here but there not showing in my account?

Cleo
  • Cleo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Just bought bids here but there not showing in my account?

It normally takes a couple of minutes for the payment to process from Paypal to your account.

startover4
  • startover4
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I got them so your all aware.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

I love this site. It has probably become one of my favorites by far. Customer service is absolutely amazing, and they are so quick to help with any problems. I received my wins literally in record time. Thanks, Schnew!

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Received the Best Buy card I won on Dec. 2nd with my free bids...awesome! Thanks Schnew!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new auction, new penny auction, schnew.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users