Started by mongsta , Nov 29 2010 05:40 PM

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

mongsta
  • mongsta
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

hey mongsta have to your pretty tuff seen you on a couple 200 dollar gift cards felt bad watching youjust went threw a tuff battle and then you got jumped agian that sucked but you did win nice one

Thanks Mike! Overpaid for it, but those jumper will get what's coming to them. You're not doing to bad on that site. Just make sure you read the fine print when bidding on the phones.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

y a i did read that .thats why i have not bid on the phones the one auction it said 3 seconds i must had some lag time on my end pressed it it has over i was pretty pissed but o well what you going to do next time i get it .ya no auto bidder there thats the only thing i dont like but everything else i like

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

hey mongsta wanted to ask how are they if you win a card and you would like to exchange it for a differnt card are they cool about that or you never asked that . and i was going to go after this one card tusday but i seen the guy who over bid me looked up his history i geuss i will let that one go after i seen he spent 900 bucks to win a 2oo dollar card and seen he s done that a couple times i will pass lol

wickedbidder
  • wickedbidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Hi Mike, I'm truely not sure what you are referring to? What did I jump in on? It was an honest mistake if I did! Its not always obvious who has been bidding for along time on an auction unless you've been watch from the first moments. Had I known you had invested alot of $$, I definitely would not have joined in. I am happy to see folks who put in alot of time and $$ win in the end, so my apologies!
Any hints for how to tell this other than if you are there from the first moments? I have seen some high end auctions go on for a long time with several bidders spending alot of $$ each (including myself) so it isn't clear to me when its considering jumping. I certainly don't remember winning any high end items for just a few bids. Your comments are welcome and again it was not intentional if I overstepped.

Edited by wickedbidder, 20 December 2010 - 01:58 PM.

wickedbidder
  • wickedbidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Clem, Jetranger, Mongsta, you need not worry anyway. If I didn't know who you were then and I bid against you, I certainly do now. I have seen you all on several sites and know you are notorious for winning at all costs. I VERY rarely bid agressively. I want good deals. I'm not a gammer and don't need to win just for the win although yes, of course it feels good when you do!
I talked to my son, who's twenty and daughter-in-law about this "jumping" thing you all talk about. They both told me that there should be no such thing and any strategy to win is fine as long as you don't cheat and use bots or something.

And FYI - I'm not a "dude" as you guys implied. Guess you got your butt whipped by grandma here!

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

Hi Mike, I'm truely not sure what you are referring to? What did I jump in on? It was an honest mistake if I did! Its not always obvious who has been bidding for along time on an auction unless you've been watch from the first moments. Had I known you had invested alot of $$, I definitely would not have joined in. I am happy to see folks who put in alot of time and $$ win in the end, so my apologies!
Any hints for how to tell this other than if you are there from the first moments? I have seen some high end auctions go on for a long time with several bidders spending alot of $$ each (including myself) so it isn't clear to me when its considering jumping. I certainly don't remember winning any high end items for just a few bids. Your comments are welcome and again it was not intentional if I overstepped.

thats what going to happend to you.your going to get 000 respectand do not think you are not going to be watched buy somone that is wating to get even. i read 4 or 5 post were bidders have done it ive watched you in 2 so far you lost both besides if thats your tatic you will lose more then you win you may catch pb off guard once but they will be ready the next time do not think they do not remmeber all the money they have into it . good way to go threw life is treat otheres the way you want to be treated. so ask your self how pissed off you would be if someone did that to you:cuss:

wickedbidder
  • wickedbidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Mike, really disappointing on your part. And here I even apologized to you. So again I ask, who are you go decide what strategy one should use in bidding? How do you all answer to the fact that some of you "bully" many others out of even attempting to try an auction because they see your name stamped all over the place and know that you will own it! Not necessarily because you are a clever bidder, but just because you are willing to spend more. If you simply want to spent the most money on something, why not just buy it for retail? I just don't see what you are all pissed about. I'm not cheating. I am simply competing with you. I don't go looking for people to screw over as you seem to imply and I have spent a great deal of money to win high end stuff just like you! I have NEVER won anything significant for a few bids, not ever.
Anyone who wins over me whether with a few bids even late in an auction, or over a good long battle, is worthly. I don't hold any grudges. They were simply the bidder opponent that time. As I already said to you, once I know who you are I will very rarely, if ever bid against you. Finally, I really hope you are kidding. If not, you are very much out of line Mike!

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

guy really dont care if you want to go threw life that way good for you you will have alot of pissed off bidders at you and it there is a thing called revenge bidding im being nice and telling you this you say you are new and maybe you dont no but when it gets down to 2 bidders and its comming to end and come in you will not make no friends here or anywere

wickedbidder
  • wickedbidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Yeah, well again I dont recall ever doing that so if you have an example of an auction with me please post.

mongsta
  • mongsta
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

hey mongsta wanted to ask how are they if you win a card and you would like to exchange it for a differnt card are they cool about that or you never asked that . and i was going to go after this one card tusday but i seen the guy who over bid me looked up his history i geuss i will let that one go after i seen he spent 900 bucks to win a 2oo dollar card and seen he s done that a couple times i will pass lol

Yea...he's a pretty tough cookie. I think he's been on that site longer than me, but they just change the rules. I hope he knows, believe he screw up today. I don't know if they allow you to change the gift cards. It never hurt to ask. Good Luck!

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

ya i asked him and they said rite now there not but in the new year there going to have your choice cards so that will be cool and ya i seem that and its like his 9 win in lees then 30 days and its his second time he tried to win 2 in one day

wickedbidder
  • wickedbidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

So... See I respected Clem. Even though I was an early bidder I left Clem his/her run with bandit56 and then later biddonkey I even had over 700 bids available on boostabid so I might have had a chance against Clem. But you guys cant always hog all the high-end stuff....

mongsta
  • mongsta
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------[/SIZE]

ya i asked him and they said rite now there not but in the new year there going to have your choice cards so that will be cool and ya i seem that and its like his 9 win in lees then 30 days and its his second time he tried to win 2 in one day

Yea...they just changed the rule last week or this week. Good thing, they give you a warning first. Suck to lose everything when you win. Thanks for the info!

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

lol grama has some fight in her you go girl lol

mongsta
  • mongsta
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

So... See I respected Clem. Even though I was an early bidder I left Clem his/her run with bandit56 and then later biddonkey I even had over 700 bids available on boostabid so I might have had a chance against Clem. But you guys cant always hog all the high-end stuff....

Hi wickedbidder,

If you want something you should go for it and stick with it especially if you were the early bidder. Just be prepared for a long hall. Good Luck with your future auction and have a happy holidays.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

and wicked you have 700 bids you no i was new once and didnt no and went head to head with pb and it cost me alot and i have witness these guys take it to 20 or 30 dollars so were just giving you friendly advice now if you dont care about money and you have deep pocket knock your socks off mow you say your new to this you came out here l0oking for advice jumping is not good. go to a site tag want you want and defend it.everybody wants to win the big stuff you no someguys do this for a living start of little and work your way up.you will gain respect threw time and wins

mongsta
  • mongsta
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

I swear...trendypenny watching out for me. Every time I bid on an item it seem be be costing me...urgh!!! O well, my wife deserve a nice pair of shoes.

wickedbidder
  • wickedbidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Why thank you gentlemen. That is more like it!! Merry Christmas everyone. Good health and many wins among us all!

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Mongsta, yes I say watchout for trendy too. All the sudden very few names I recognize bidding stuff way up. Yes to be very easy wins just a couple weeks ago. Nothing wrong with working for your win as long as these are real bidders. Very odd. By the way, I saw on a forum they have their website up for sale now starting at 20k. Did you guys know that?

Chris @ Penny Purses
  • Chris @ Penny Purses
  • **Forum Sponsor**
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts

I swear...trendypenny watching out for me. Every time I bid on an item it seem be be costing me...urgh!!! O well, my wife deserve a nice pair of shoes.

Have you ever bid on penny purses?
PennyPurses.com The ORIGINAL penny auction site for purses.

mongsta
  • mongsta
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

and wicked you have 700 bids you no i was new once and didnt no and went head to head with pb and it cost me alot and i have witness these guys take it to 20 or 30 dollars so were just giving you friendly advice now if you dont care about money and you have deep pocket knock your socks off mow you say your new to this you came out here l0oking for advice jumping is not good. go to a site tag want you want and defend it.everybody wants to win the big stuff you no someguys do this for a living start of little and work your way up.you will gain respect threw time and wins

Highly agreed!!!! Well put Mike. Be the first, and try to be the last one standing. Your respect will be gain by others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users