Background Image

Congratulations! You have Just won an iPad & iPhone.. RIGHT!.

Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Dec 05 2010 04:43 AM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hm I don't even go to megaupload.com, but I got this link in my toolbar where the popular news articles usually come up:Congratulations! You Have Just Won an Apple iPhone 4 and iPad!
http: - // weeklyprizewinner.com-net.info/winner/?sid=megaupload.com

"Congratulations!

You've just won an instant prize!

Every Saturday evening, we randomly select a visitor to our site to be our lucky weekly winner. Based on today's random draw, you are the winner!

The following prize will be yours:

Apple iPhone 4 and iPad

Act fast! Please respond within 00 min and 00 sec. Else, we may award the prize to another visitor.
"

Notice on the bottom in VERY light grey text, watch out for this kind of stuff, not cool!

We are not affiliated with Megaupload. All Megaupload trademarks are the property of Megaupload and we do not, in any way, claim to represent or own any of the Megaupload trademarks or rights. Megaupload does not own, endorse, or promote this promotion.
We are not affiliated with Apple. All Apple trademarks are the property of Apple and we do not, in any way, claim to represent or own any of the Apple trademarks or rights. Apple does not own, endorse, or promote this promotion.
Participation may be required to claim your prize. This page, and any page on this website, are not to be taken literally or as a non-fiction story. This page receives compensation for clicks on or purchase of products featured on this site.
Excerpt From Prize Terms & Conditions:
By entering your email and continuing, you certify that you are a US resident over the age of 18 and that you agree to the Privacy Policy, Redemption Instructions and Gift Rules and Terms & Conditions. You agree to receive promotional emails and special offers from trusted 3rd parties
Excerpt From Skill Test Terms & Conditions:
After completing the quiz, we will calculate your score and ask you to enter your cell phone number to gain access to your puzzle IQ results as well as a mobile content subscription. Depending on your carrier and cell phone manufacturer, the mobile content may include ringtones, games, wallpapers, or fun text messages. This content ranges from $9.99 - $19.99 per month and will be sent to your cell..

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 05 December 2010 - 04:45 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

PaulaHucka
  • PaulaHucka
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I get tons of emails saying I won something from a laptop to a mp3 player yet when you click on the site it has you enter a email address then you read the print and you have to complete 2 silver 3 gold and 5 platinum offers to go on and then you may or may not get it then. I never go any further then that. Also the ones that claim you won a Gift card have turned out to be false as well I read somewhere that when people get these cards there is nothing on them. SO beware!!! :mad:

Georgiana
  • Georgiana
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

f course what gets to you at first is to see you are the lucky "insert regional area" winner for today. Then you see other lucky people holding up their prizes and their cute little quotes. I mean I had won a "Apple iPhone 4 and iPad"?? Sounded too good to be true.

Then as I scrolled down I wondered about why I had to scroll so much especially when there was so much white space (I have a very small screen). It soon became apparant when I highlighted the text. In small pale grey writing it was written:

By entering your email and continuing, you certify that you are a US resident over the age of 18 and that you agree to the Privacy Policy, Redemption Instructions and Gift Rules and Terms & Conditions. You agree to receive promotional emails and special offers from trusted 3rd parties.

So how could someone like me (who does not live in America) win this prize. How could anyone not in America win (as they claimed on had done so originally on the page where they said I had won?

When I clicked on the link there were other terms and conditions for me to consider like:

By signing up to this service and by sending a keyword to short code 19750000, you acknowledge that you are subscribing to our service. “3” Customers will receive Amazing Facts club at $6.60 two times per week. All others will receive the Amazing Facts club at $6.60 two times per week plus one off club joining fee at $6.60 .

You may stop this Amazing Facts subscription service at any time by sending a text message with STOP, to short code 19750000.

All plans are subject to the Terms and Conditions.

So I would be charged $6.60 a week for a bunch of text I really don't care for until I say stop. Still it sounds easy. Just claim the prize and then click "stop" right? Maybe not. The fact that this is only open to US residents and their sites are claiming that non US residents have won plus the fact that their orignal terms and conditions were covered in such a decitful way (the palest of grey colouring was used to write them in making it virtually invisble) leaves me saying "BEWARE"!!

condra
  • condra
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Actually, there are websites out there that ship you stuff and it's much simpler than 3 platinum 2 gold offers etc. There are also forums that do what it's called freebie trading. Check FIPG. You can actually make money from the fact that advertisers pay owners, who pay you to complete one offer and refer ppl to do the same. And no it's not a pyramid or MLM, there's no real ''residual income'' coming in. Each trade makes you money.
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users