149 replies to this topic

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Ok Admin delete this if you wish

I can hold my own duster 1,000 + auctions won triple 6 figures spent

Want a cookie?

See, the funny thing is, I may have only spend a couple of thousand and tripled my investment, BUT I am happy and content with my life and don't get my rocks off starting crap on forums and being a bully. But hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself, by all means continue.

Duster
  • Duster
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Oops Admin! sorry if I said something wrong, delete if I did. sorry for not thinking before hitting submit reply.

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

Thisonesmine your not mad at anything i have said correct? I respect you and the way you bid. You just got to remember that B2W is just unhappy with his life so he hides behind his computer to make him feel better. He is probably one of the kids who got picked on his WHOLE life

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Thisonesmine your not mad at anything i have said correct? I respect you and the way you bid. You just got to remember that B2W is just unhappy with his life so he hides behind his computer to make him feel better. He is probably one of the kids who got picked on his WHOLE life

No, no. I'm referring to B2W. It makes me sad to see people that act like him with such disrespect for anyone else. Pitiful, really.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

it blows me away that many of you have been complaining about bidfather including you tywin and I had to take it to extremes to get them to respond and now you are bidfathers best friend, is'nt that crazy. Im guaranty there aer still countless bidders empty handed who will not get the priority status you all have recieved due to your voice here. Sad truely Sad. It is also clear tonight that they are shipping items to some when others who won long before are not recieving theirs, and you all support that!!! call me whatever you wish I am not buying they are only shipping now to save their butts.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

it blows me away that many of you have been complaining about bidfather including you tywin and I had to take it to extremes to get them to respond and now you are bidfathers best friend, is'nt that crazy. Im guaranty there aer still countless bidders empty handed who will not get the priority status you all have recieved due to your voice here. Sad truely Sad. It is also clear tonight that they are shipping items to some when others who won long before are not recieving theirs, and you all support that!!! call me whatever you wish I am not buying they are only shipping now to save their butts.

I'm not suddenly pro-BidFather, I'm just anti-B2W.

I'm missing wins from them, too. At any rate, your responses are inappropriate, harsh, uncalled for, and just downright rude.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I'm not suddenly pro-BidFather, I'm just anti-B2W.

I'm missing wins from them, too. At any rate, your responses are inappropriate, harsh, uncalled for, and just downright rude.

Ok I am listening what part was inappropiate?

onceinnvrout
  • onceinnvrout
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

i am not understanding here. i read earlier that bidfather did just send you some wins or are in the shipping process, and you now are not happy with this? so what are you after? if the problem was them not shipping to you and they just sent some items then are they not making an attempt to catch up whether it is because you acted with your complaints or not why still battle with them. i am not sticking up for them and saying they did no wrong because they did ( i think it is more the way they did it that was wrong ).
my question is again, what are you after now? by continuing this charade, you are putting other peoples wins at risk too. if they close or this forum prevents people from joining it hurts them and you and i along with others. some can afford it some can't. they are still shipping albeit slowly, they are shipping. am i owed product? sure i am. around $175 (oldest being last week of oct). am i pleased about it? no, but i have keep a civil tone with them and have communicated with them every couple of weeks and have recieved some items along the way, and i have posted here about them and still get shipments. last items received was an amazon card for $85. a week or so ago. i absolutely do want my wins and i want everyone else to get theres too. but this attacking will do no good. your point has been made. everyone noticed. if i was that concerned i would have taken the short drive across the state border and gone to the AG or the PD and filed. i am not that concerned yet as they are shipping to me and others and you are included also in that mix.
i think there problem was they tried to put to many big items up for auction and the final prices were not that great. they are doing smaller items now and seem to be getting better final prices. have you ever thought that maybe the PB bullies running over everybody maybe contributed to the low prices? because nobody wants to bid if no chance. i would be more than happy to take a 15-20% cut in my wins if it helps them get caught up with others and myself and especially you so they can get on with things and get back on track. would anybody else do that? would you? they were a good site and can be a great site if they can get over this bump in the road. i will e-mail them and offer the discount to them after this posting.

onceinnvrout
  • onceinnvrout
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

the more i think about it, i would like to make it a challenge everyone especially you B2W to all to follow suit with an offer of 15-20% discount to help them get caught up. they have always been good with everyone. i have fallen on bad fortune many times as has everyone else. i also would like bidfather to be a bit more active with posting here on the forum and letting people know how they are doing catching up. as long as everyone is civil. any takers?

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Most of those bidders have been taken care of already and if they haven't they're more than welcome to email us at shipping@bidfather.com and we'll have things taken care of for them.

Why in the hell do we need to send them anything to this email, didn't get enough on the other address. They know who they owe. Why wouldn't they contact the bidders who they haven't in weeks. Just something to think about.

Members before everyone gets on the bidfather band wagon no one from bidfather has contacted me and I doubt everyone has received their items also and until then bidders still need to be proactive.

They have shipped items even to me but the 160.00 worth of items last week or when I posted about it is nowhere close to what they owe me and Mrs rwb. They seem to think this is good enough and proves they have been taking care of it all along. Well since paypal only gives 45 days for chargebacks their are probably many who are well past that time by now.

I hope bidfather does work this out and get their site back to the way it was and should be, but until it up to us the customers to make sure they take care of their business.

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

the more i think about it, i would like to make it a challenge everyone especially you B2W to all to follow suit with an offer of 15-20% discount to help them get caught up.

Please know, I'm not trying to be argumentative here onceinn, but I have already "settled" for less than I was owed from BidFather...this was a couple months ago...the first time they had slowed shipping. I should have never gone back....

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

They have not contacted me either. Nor have they shipped out any of the items that I posted about earlier. I did as asked and sent an email to the shipping email address. Still NOTHING.

Why are they just shipping to a "select" few??

BidFather
  • BidFather
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Hi itsMINEnow,
I apologize, I think I was writing you a reply at the same time you were writing this post...
As far as things being sent out to a "select" few, that's not the case... We're just trying to spread things out as best we can..

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

i am not understanding here. i read earlier that bidfather did just send you some wins or are in the shipping process, and you now are not happy with this? so what are you after? if the problem was them not shipping to you and they just sent some items then are they not making an attempt to catch up whether it is because you acted with your complaints or not why still battle with them. i am not sticking up for them and saying they did no wrong because they did ( i think it is more the way they did it that was wrong ).

1st off they only claimed to have shipped a few of my items and with that said some are not even scheduled to arive for another month. I still have items owed that are over 1.5 months old. You guy are simply a bunch of hipocrits. The only reason bidfather has showed up was because of my efforts to take them down others wise all of you wuold still have no communication. I have been at this a long time, how many defunct PA's have you dealt with?

To date bidfathers actions or lack there of have been neglagent, they have lied to you, avoided you, it is clear that they cannot afford to catch up but they continuee to offer auctions.

Here is a question for everyone, do you think it is right for a PA to run actions when they do not have the money to pay for the item???

my question is again, what are you after now? by continuing this charade, you are putting other peoples wins at risk too. if they close or this forum prevents people from joining it hurts them and you and i along with others. some can afford it some can't. they are still shipping albeit slowly, they are shipping. am i owed product? sure i am. around $175 (oldest being last week of oct). am i pleased about it? no, but i have keep a civil tone with them and have communicated with them every couple of weeks and have recieved some items along the way, and i have posted here about them and still get shipments. last items received was an amazon card for $85. a week or so ago. i absolutely do want my wins and i want everyone else to get theres too. but this attacking will do no good. your point has been made. everyone noticed. if i was that concerned i would have taken the short drive across the state border and gone to the AG or the PD and filed. i am not that concerned yet as they are shipping to me and others and you are included also in that mix.

Let me ask you this instead of them owing you $175 what if they owed you $1000 0r $3000 or more would you still have the same attitude, now add that you have spent well over $1,000 maybe more. I guarantee you would be singing a different song. Now lets compound this and say this has happened to you 6-10 other times from other PA's are you simply going to lay down with your above attitude? Many here who are only out a couple giftcards simply do not comprehend the reality of this, bidfather collectivly owes bidders 10's of thousands of $$$, I am sorry but shipping a few giftcards while still running auctions they cannot pay for is a crime and unethical. Again I cannot imagine a single bidder who would spend their hard earned $$ on a PA that knowingly could not pay for the won item. It is that simple. Note: considering their financial shortcommings they may only be shippiong to the ones that are proactive here on PAW what about all the other bidders that are not on PAW do you really think they are being treated fairly? They have already demonstrated that they ship selectivly.

i think there problem was they tried to put to many big items up for auction and the final prices were not that great. they are doing smaller items now and seem to be getting better final prices. have you ever thought that maybe the PB bullies running over everybody maybe contributed to the low prices? because nobody wants to bid if no chance. i would be more than happy to take a 15-20% cut in my wins if it helps them get caught up with others and myself and especially you so they can get on with things and get back on track. would anybody else do that? would you? they were a good site and can be a great site if they can get over this bump in the road. i will e-mail them and offer the discount to them after this posting.

I have been offering them a discounted settlement for 2+ months now they ignored all emails.

Have you realized that in the last several months 80% of the high end auctions the PB's were shut out of those auctions. Did you see the Macbook pro that went for pennies becasuse there were no powerbidders, also a fact the highest profit auctions were from powerbidders. fact collectivly the auctions I bid on as a whole were profitable for bidfather. Before anyone starts pointing fingers you better know the facts. I can tell you why they are in financial trouble, they went out and spent a ton of money on marketing, unfortunatly they clearly did not have the marketing strategy or experience and spent the money with poor results, this is a very common problem and a catalyst for many PA failures.

Not matter how you slice it, there was no excuse for lieing and/or avoiding the emails of their customers. Clearly many of you have no clue to the reason this forum exist, it is here to police the PA indistry, Bidfather has broken laws , infact the State of MA does not even show them as a legal business entity, I have asked bidfather many time to clarify this, but all I got was the same thing everyone else got it fell on deaf ears. This is about principal, if you want to side with a alledged ilegal company that has totally disrepected you go ahead I am not asking you to like me. For the last three months it has been emailed to them, it has been pointed countless times on PAW asking them for answers and respond to emails do you know how many times we recieved a response ZERO what we did get was empty promises time after time.

I have already filed my chargebacks my money is no longer in jepordy they either prove they shipped the product to prevent the recourse from visa and Paypal or they don't and visa reimburses me either way I am ok, however this battle was made public to help others, again had I not did this nothing would have changed everyone would still be complaining about bidfather and no communication.

Like I said before Bidfather is currently running auctions they cannot pay for that has been proven here, that is unacceptable, unethical and that is why this crusade continues. Bidfather could have responded to me many times over the last several months but they chose to ingnore and hide, it is too late now.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

the more i think about it, i would like to make it a challenge everyone especially you B2W to all to follow suit with an offer of 15-20% discount to help them get caught up. they have always been good with everyone. i have fallen on bad fortune many times as has everyone else. i also would like bidfather to be a bit more active with posting here on the forum and letting people know how they are doing catching up. as long as everyone is civil. any takers?

I have been offering them a discount settlement for two months now they have ignored all request

bradjar
  • bradjar
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

I just wanted everyone to know that they are shipping some. I did receive a auction win. As some would say it is just a frickin gift card but nevertheless it was an auction win with bids purchased with my money!

The worst thing is not knowing, so they are now communicating has to be considered a positive step.Indeed they are a considerable amount of bidders owed auction wins which does not seem to be denied by BF, I think it is in the best interest of those that are owed auction wins that BF stays aloft. This would not be the first time a business has had a successful re-organization. (And I am not calling it successful yet.)

They could be listing their site for sale for new investors. A way some businesses try to influx new capital into their venture. A way to sort of prospect for new money without selling the entire site.

This is just my take on some of this. I truly know that we all deserve our auction wins but I am appreciative that we now hear from BF and they have not just disappeared overnight like so many others.

Patience with a plan seems like what the Penny Doctor ordered. Sorry that was lame but I just had to post.

Edited by bradjar, 13 December 2010 - 12:32 AM.

onceinnvrout
  • onceinnvrout
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Let me ask you this instead of them owing you $175 what if they owed you $1000 0r $3000 or more would you still have the same attitude, now add that you have spent well over $1,000 maybe more. I guarantee you would be singing a different song. Now lets compound this and say this has happened to you 6-10 other times from other PA's are you simply going to lay down with your above attitude? Many here who are only out a couple giftcards simply do not comprehend the reality of this, bidfather collectivly owes bidders 10's of thousands of $$$, I am sorry but shipping a few giftcards while still running auctions they cannot pay for is a crime and unethical. Again I cannot imagine a single bidder who would spend their hard earned $$ on a PA that knowingly could not pay for the won item. It is that simple. Note: considering their financial shortcommings they may only be shippiong to the ones that are proactive here on PAW what about all the other bidders that are not on PAW do you really think they are being treated fairly? They have already demonstrated that they ship selectivly.

you sure do like using that red color in your posts
like i said, bidfather was wrong in the way they have handled this situation, that is for sure. but you do have the ammunition that you need if your items do not show up. but, you need to remember just because you say you have all these dollars ( i say that because you make it a point that you have all this money) does not mean a $25 or $50 giftcard is not the same effect to them as your $1,000 - 3,000. if someone makes $20,000 a year versus $100,000 a year obviously $25 giftcard is about the same impact as $125 for the higher earner. so if you can put in more than 6 figures into auctions compared to someone who can put in say 3 to 4 then your $1,000 is the same to you as their $100. it sure does seem as you are putting these smaller guys down. they don't deserve to be put down becuase they are only owed a $25 gift card, it is just a hard of a hit to them as you. now with that being said. i do hope you get your wins, i think you will get your wins along with everyone else. maybe i am wrong, but they have communicated with me over time. do i get wins every time i send an e-mail? no i don't. i am waiting my turn like others, and much rather see the smaller guy get theirs first. i can hold on. it is not a financial crisis to me. but, all this is ruining their chances of possibly getting their items, which i think would be a bigger impact to some of them than you are i. i think that you are fully aware of the risks of the penny auctions. there are many risks, but you still play them, so i am assuming you are prepared to take a hit every now and then.
i have taken hits from other sites, yes i have. am trying to get one resolved right now. i have been burnt by sites before, that have closed out of the blue, that have had bots etc. its a risk that you take.
now can you prove they owe 10's of thousands of dollars? thats all i am going to say about this subject. and stop the red color geez

as far as powerbidders being block on bidding that i have no knowledge of. but i can tell you this, there are still powerbidders bidding on items everyday on their site. so if they were that worried they would not be there. maybe they are using up bids maybe not. but some new PB have joined recently i see. that is their risk and anyone trying to work with bidfather that is their risk.
good luck with your bidding and everything else

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Received a email from Tom Sunday saying there was no excuse for not contacting customers and will honor their wins.

That being said glad there was some communication, but at this point actions speak louder than words and until me and my wife receive our items owed to us we will not support this site until then. There is no way I will bid or by bids until then with what me and my wife are owed right now it would be crazy for us to use this site and get even farther behind.

Also there was nothing said of when or how any of the items owed to us will be shipped. Hopefully this will be the start being worked out for all of us who are owed items and we will be able to move forward.

I hope it works out for all and will update readers if anything new comes up, but until then I will continue to work on taking action against the site a email just doesn't fix this now they are in to deep and it's been going on way to long now.

As I have said before this is a great site and Tom and Steve seem to be good people now it's up to them to fix it soon.

kimbers
  • kimbers
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Just to throw something out there. On these forums the people crusading and complaining the most are so called 'powerbidders' Now please don't take me wrong as i am just philosophising out loud. I personnally have lost on a couple sites that a couple of these PBers are solely responsible for shutting down. But my philosophy is not with just this site but many of them. These pbers are well known and go after big items. OK so they get a great deal. the site loses a couple hundred per big item. How many ipads, nintendos and xboxes does one person need. Selling them is suppose to be a nono. So are these pbers unethical?
So maybe these sites are paying the little people their wins and slowly trying to recoup to send someone their fourth xbox.
Maybe a limit on one item of a kind for six months or a year may help the bidding a little more and the revenue for the site.
Just trying to throw out something as i have received all but one gift card from this particular site but like i said i have no love for some power bidders as they cost me money by closing sites.

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Received a email from Tom Sunday saying there was no excuse for not contacting customers and will honor their wins..

I too have also received a reply from Tom stating the same. Since then, one of my items shipped. woot

Still a ways to go. I hope my faith in Tom is not misplaced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users