Bidfather the Gloves are off you effed the wrong bidder

Started by realbidtowin , Dec 09 2010 10:17 PM

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

i am still interested if anybody has or knows anybody who might have filed in small claims court for owed amounts. any experience out there? is this even a feasable thought, is it worth it? would certainly hamper their credit for awhile with a judgement against them.

It is defintly feasable if you are located near them. You can also call the local police and possibly get help especially if they have a internet crimes division. These guys need to be treated as criminals

bradjar
  • bradjar
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Those of you that have experience (unfortunately) with chargebacks, I am asking credit card company for anything I paid BF on won auctions, what about bid purchases? On Credit Card Company I can go back I believe 45 days?

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Unfortunately, I am owed things from early October, and have exceeded the 45 day limit.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Those of you that have experience (unfortunately) with chargebacks, I am asking credit card company for anything I paid BF on won auctions, what about bid purchases? On Credit Card Company I can go back I believe 45 days?

Yes you can claim on bids, I use a Paypal debit card and in the 1st of the two I went back over 100 days (I was too forgiving) I also use BofA and theres are 90 days I have not done a charge back with them though.

Good Luck

Windrider1967
  • Windrider1967
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Sometimes if you can prove through emails and documentation that you have been in contact with the "merchant" and have been unable to satisfactorily settle the issue they may go beyond the stated limit ... particularly because merchants are known to drag things out until the limit is done. Don't just assume that you can't file a claim - you can contact the fraud dept for you CC and see if they can help you

deenie61
  • deenie61
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Another cut and run like Zaneybid? Bidfather website is gone now. I got the Dec. apology letter too, and fell for it. It showed up about 45 days after my wins( coincidence?) which never did show up. Now it's been a little over 60 days. Either the letter sounded totally sincere--or I'm totally gullible. Oh I know I am, I want to believe the best in everyone, but where does it get me? When I take a chance on some that have barely been around, I sort of feel partly at fault. But never dreamt these two would do this, especially Bidfather. I'v written several times lately, and no response of course.

Duster
  • Duster
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Just in case you haven't and you used Pay Pal, I would still file claims even if it is past 45 days. I think I mentioned this a little while back but I had claims that were within the 45 days and couple that were older than 45 days and Pay Pal settled on all claims with me.

For anyone that hasn't filed a claim at this point give it a try you have nothing to lose for trying.

Another cut and run like Zaneybid? Bidfather website is gone now. I got the Dec. apology letter too, and fell for it. It showed up about 45 days after my wins( coincidence?) which never did show up. Now it's been a little over 60 days. Either the letter sounded totally sincere--or I'm totally gullible. Oh I know I am, I want to believe the best in everyone, but where does it get me? When I take a chance on some that have barely been around, I sort of feel partly at fault. But never dreamt these two would do this, especially Bidfather. I'v written several times lately, and no response of course.

JohnnyUtah
  • JohnnyUtah
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have aquired Steves physical address so i will be filing a complaint with the local Police Dept Internet Fraud Division, stay tuned and I will post all the info needed so you to can file this is probably the best leverage.

Please post Steves physical address. I would like the information as I am building my case against bidfather to get my money back and to have him held accountable for his actions.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I only paid bidfather using credit cards. So first thing I am doing is filing charge backs against them. I really hope this will get me my money back. I am also filing claims with the BBB. I would like his physical address to assist in this situation. I will prolly call the local PD and discuss it with them and see who they can help.

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

Sorry for not updating in a while. I've been really busy lately. Here is what I take to be the final outcome of my my experience with Bidfather:

Me: 3 wins owed out of about 15

Other bidder: 9 wins owed out of 12

Other bidder: 0 wins owed out of 5

The wins that I am owed all have estimated arrival dates for mid-December so unless they were eaten by a postal worker they never actually shipped out. I've gotten no response to my last two e-mails. The bright side is that although somewhat peeved, I've at least gotten my investment back.

The other bidder owed money is not so luck and upon calling paypal was told that because she was filing beyond the 45 day limit they could not do anything about refunding her money aside from file a complain with the fraud department or they'd risk BF taking legal action against them which I know is total crap since I've personally filed disputes about 3 months out for items not received and for BF to have legal ground they'd need to actually have been wronged!

Anyway, that's my update.

I will probably send out another e-mail to BF later today and will see about helping the other bidder get somewhere with Paypal, although honestly if that doesn't work she can just charge back via her back and credit cards. It's a little more laborious since she'd have to go through 2 separate entities and overall wait for a longer period of time to see all of her money back but it a viable option.

Edited by thepenmaster, 13 January 2011 - 10:08 AM.

Betuiwin
  • Betuiwin
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I won several items the last from back on Dec 9 and never received anything. I too have filed a claim with Paypal thanks to this forum (still await resolution) Now the website is no longer there...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users