Background Image

Shillo.com Is Now Closed - I was ILLEGALLY sold software!

Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Dec 17 2010 08:25 PM
illegal software jonathan smith midpenny penny auction community stolen

• This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Well, Shillo.com has now closed. I was sold software illegally by Jonathan Smith (formerly of MidPenny.com) now of "Penny Auction Community"

Jonathan told me he was authorized to transfer license rights/resell, he lied to me. Now I'm out $500 and am in trouble with PhpPennyAuction.com.

Word to those of you that think you can sell your script, read the terms, if you're not authorized to, don't do it. it's illegal.

What else is odd: Is Bill of MidPenny said the server that Shillo was on, was his and he blocked me out after he thought I had banned him. Yet I had never talked to Bill about Shillo. Jonathan let me host it on his server temporarily (BAD idea) sorry guys... He says he didn't but I have a bad feeling that he e-mailed shillo users (over 100 members) and invited them to his new, copycat forum.

Jonathan said PAC was his cousin's but at times tripped up and said it was his.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 25 December 2010 - 07:21 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Well, Shillo.com has now closed. I was sold software illegally by Jonathan Smith (formerly of MidPenny.com) now of PennyAuctionCommunity.

Jonathan told me he was authorized to transfer license rights/resell, he lied to me. Now I'm out $500 and am in trouble with PhpPennyAuction.com.

Word to those of you that think you can sell your script, read the terms, if you're not authorized to, don't do it. it's illegal.

What else is odd: Is Bill of MidPenny said the server that Shillo was on, was his and he blocked me out after he thought I had banned him. Yet I had never talked to Bill about Shillo. Jonathan let me host it on his server temporarily (BAD idea) sorry guys... He says he didn't but I have a bad feeling that he e-mailed shillo users (over 100 members) and invited them to his new, copycat forum.

Jonathan said PAC was his cousin's but at times tripped up and said it was his.

OMG!!!!! Where did all the honest people go? *huh* Really sorry to hear that & I do hope you are able to get your money back from Jonathan, one way or another. :(

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks Candy

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

It's sickening to see the amount of dishonesty going on, both within and surrounding the PA industry. It seems it is quite literally riddled with crooks from top to bottom. You have some of the biggest sites out there pulling dirty tricks and misleading their customers, you have some of the smallest sites out there pulling dirty tricks and misleading their customers, we have to regularly deal with sites that blatantly steal our money from us, we have to deal with sites that never ship our wins out until months have passed, we have to deal with sites that do not respond to customer service enquiries and all of this on almost daily basis.

Is it any wonder that there are so many negative posts on forums such as this? Geez!!!

Sorry to hear that you got scammed out of $500.00 Amanda... it could be worse though, I was speaking on Skype video with a new site owner (which has proven to be top notch and honest) who was scammed out of almost $15000 on the first script that he purchased. Maybe you should do a feature on scripts? the dos and don'ts when it comes to purchasing, what is legal and what isn't, what are good and what are crap etc etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Great idea NeverWalks! If anyone has any suggestions for such article, please e-mail me or even discuss here!

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

jon
  • jon
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

You are such a LIAR! BARELY ANYTHING YOU SAID on your post is true.

True colors come out!

Tell everyone the real truth Amanda. Emails will be posted soon. Waiting for attorney approval. I keep myself free from the opportunity of being sued by sue happy people like yourself. I helped you so much and you even helped me sending me a western union when I was stuck in GA! My cousin and I both own the site but I do not see where it is any of your concern. HE IS REAL and no I did not lie about anything. I will not comment about any other parts of your post without attorney approval.

YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR! I cannot believe these people believe you! Did they know that about half the people they talk to are you on these forums. Also did they know... never mind. I will post that later.

Again stop lying about stuff. Emails may be posted later.

Have a nice day!

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

This thread needs to be deleted with my name on it for sure.

I am about sick of the drama that you and some of the others start. When does it quit. This is supposed to be a community not a litigation.

I rest my case!

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Well, you're just NOT having a good week, are you? I am so sorry sweetie. I really feel bad for all the crap you are dealing with.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

You are such a LIAR! BARELY ANYTHING YOU SAID on your post is true.

True colors come out!

Tell everyone the real truth Amanda. Emails will be posted soon. Waiting for attorney approval. I keep myself free from the opportunity of being sued by sue happy people like yourself. I helped you so much and you even helped me sending me a western union when I was stuck in GA! My cousin and I both own the site but I do not see where it is any of your concern. HE IS REAL and no I did not lie about anything. I will not comment about any other parts of your post without attorney approval.

YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR! I cannot believe these people believe you! Did they know that about half the people they talk to are you on these forums. Also did they know... never mind. I will post that later.

Again stop lying about stuff. Emails may be posted later.

Have a nice day!

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

This thread needs to be deleted with my name on it for sure.

I am about sick of the drama that you and some of the others start. When does it quit. This is supposed to be a community not a litigation.

I rest my case!

Excuse me, Jonathan!? I am not a liar, ask ScriptMatix, they told me you were not supposed to resell that license now I am legally in trouble. "Half of the forum posters are me" Are you kidding!? That is libel. "Also did they know... never mind. I will post that later." When you make it up?

Yes, tell everyone, you did contact me and asked if I'd loan you $600 Western Union when your car broke down and I did it.

Don't even think about re-adding your signature for your PAW copycat site.

Thanks Cave, don't worry I'm way too used to it by now.*hug*

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Date: 16-Dec-2010 - 21:17 GMT

===========

Dear Sir/Madam,

I work for and represent Scriptmatix Ltd, developers of the phpPennyAuction software (phpPennyAuction » Powerful Penny Auction Script Clone Software). You are using our software at http://www.shillo.com (sometimes referred to as "Shillo") which may be unlawful, as:

- We have reason to believe you have acquired, exchanged or purchased this software, which is a direct breach of our Terms of Use:

1. Personal/Non-Developer Commercial Use: You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, one-person license to utilize phpPennyAuction.com Products for Your website(s) upon replacement and insertion of Your imagery and content, and after completed and accepted payment of Your membership registration fees and/or single item purchase fees.

Full Terms of Use available at Terms of Use | phpPennyAuction » Powerful Penny Auction Script Clone Software.

As you are in breach of this, please consider this email our official request to remove and permanently erase our software from this server with immediate effect. If we do not receive confirmation within 1 (one) business day of receipt of this email that you are happy to comply with these requirements, we may, at our discretion, take further action which may include (but not limited to): contacting the website's hosting provider, initiating legal proceedings against you in a civil court, recovering damages, and/or, obtaining an injunction against you.

I await confirmation by email of your anticipated compliance with our request.

Please review the FASTIis website to find out more on how software theft harms those who dedicate their time and resources into creating software. Many software companies are small with limited customer bases. The release of a new product is an important event on which many jobs may depend. It is not only the publishers that suffer from piracy, but the distributors, retailers and finally the consumer or business that does not have the genuine product. Theft only benefits the thief, nobody else. Read more: https://www.fastiis....software_theft/

Please do not hesitate in contacting me if you have any questions on mark-at-phppennyauction.com.

Regards,

Mark Carter
Scriptmatix Ltd

I never agreed to their terms of use, you did - unless you didn't even OWN the script. It was in Bill's name.
Hmm?

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

"I hope that you can trust me. I know you don't know me but I am not out to screw
you over"

Moral of the story, NEVER trust anyone. Especially a penny auction site (ex?)-owner.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

"I am not sure about that (TRANSFER OF RIGHTS) How can I not I paid for it. I will show you proof with log in info and everything.

I originally bought for a client (THE SCRIPT) they decided not to go through with it. I paid them to keep the script what they paid for it. Then I was going to use it for midpenny but now I am not! I wanted to because the new features are fanaminal. "

I was foolish to assume you had resale rights, but you told me you did.

"It was sent. I placed the agreement in there too saying that I am not the legal right holder of the license or the script. That means that it belongs to you now and I am not able to use it unless I purchase again from PHPA."

"This constitutes the entire agreement. There will be no revisions.

Jonathan Smith is transferring license to the software located at Shillo.com to Amanda Lee. This is a permanent transfer and Jonathan Smith does not have any rights to the software any longer.

Amanda Lee now owns the license and the script to be on the domain Shillo.com.

Jonathan Smith will host the site until Amanda decides to have it moved to her own server or hosting account. Hosting will be provided free of charge.

By placing the last four digits of my social security number I am agreeing to these terms - Jonathan Smith"

:I will not charge you to host it. I suggest that you add some google ads to it though so that you may be able to add your own server down the road. Being free it will attract lots of attention and bidders seeing othe penny auction ads will generate a load of cash. I am good at that stuff. I make most of my money with google ads on my websites.

I am ok with hosting it free of charge. Will not take up any space at all. All you have to do is point your domain's dns to ns1.ulipa.com and ns2.ulipa.com.

Also I understand the money situation. Take $100 off. I would like to get some of the investment back lol. Not trying to profit at all which is evident. Consider the difference a donation from Midpenny.com.

I await your reply."

Bill says the server was his, not yours.
"Anyway, the script and license is legit. I would not lie to you. I will make a contract with you if you need me to. That way you are comfortable. I will send you a paypal bill and include what the payment is for and the license info and number."

Also:
Your Message
Date: 17th December 2010 - 11:08 GMT

---------------

RE: Shillo.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to our recent email message dated 16-Dec-2010, we thank you for your prompt co-operation on this matter. Scriptmatix note that the Shillo website (http://www.shillo.com/) is currently inactive and our 'phpPennyAuction' software appears to have been removed.

Given the nature of the content posted previously on the Penny Auction Watch website (Penny Auction Watch), Scriptmatix consider it appropriate that you show the following corrective statement on the Shillo website (http://www.shillo.com), and/or on the Penny Auction Watch website for a period of minimum 30 (thirty) days:

"The software previously in use on the Shillo.com website (http://www.shillo.com) that Penny Auction Watch(SM) procured and operated, was acquired through unlawful means. We did not have the right to purchase or obtain the software from the software vendor. We were in breach of the Terms of Use associated with that software, apologize for any wrongdoing, and as a result have erased it from the server permanently."

As indicated above, this unabridged statement should be displayed to all visitors, in a prominent position for the duration of the suggested length of time.

For your convenience, a copy of this email message and all previous correspondence & undertakings, will be sent by recorded mail from our legal representatives to: removed by admin

In the event that you have any questions or comments about our requirements, or anything further, please do not hesitate in contacting me on mark-@-phppennyauction.com.

Regards,

Mark Carter
Scriptmatix Ltd

I've opened up a PayPal dispute (Scriptmatix even told me to ) because you failed to respond to my e-mail about a refund.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Jonathan Smith stole Bill @ Midpenny's script and sold it to me I did not know that.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 18 December 2010 - 01:49 AM.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Attached File  shillo 12 18 10.jpg   10.4KB   6 downloadsAttached File  shillo 12 18 10.jpg   10.4KB   6 downloadsToday I went to Shillo.com and found that the statement that PHPPENNYAUCTION SCRIPTMATIX told me I had to post was there, I have no access to the server that Shillo.com was on "Ulipa." I did not and will not comply with their wishes. I did not knowingly purchase illegal software, I was sold a bill of sale for goods that Jonathan Smith had no rights to. Had I known that he did not legally own the script & that the script could not be exchanged or resold, I would not have purchased the script from Jonathan Smith.

As soon as I saw the statement on Shillo.com I wondered how it got there, then I checked my domain account and saw that the nameservers weren't changed (I thought I had changed them a few days ago but I didn't do it right. ) I called 1and1 and asked how to change the nameservers and updated them today as soon as I saw the published statement that I did not make nor will I comply with.

12/18/2010 3:36 PM

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 21 December 2010 - 10:54 PM.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

You know, I've gone through a few scripts I bought and haven't had much luck, but maybe I can get one of them to work and bring Shillo back. What do you guys think? It's been my idea to have a practice/free penny auction + illustrate bots since at least August '09, and I still have inventory... :)

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 25 December 2010 - 05:55 AM.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

You know, I've gone through a few scripts I bought and haven't had much luck, but maybe I can get one of them to work and bring Shillo back. What do you guys think? It's been my idea to have a practice/free penny auction + illustrate bots since at least August '09, and I still have inventory... :)

It's a good idea to bring back Shillo :) ...I hope it's under new management though... the previous owner was a bit sneaking with "Time Shifting" :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

It's a good idea to bring back Shillo :) ...I hope it's under new management though... the previous owner was a bit sneaking with "Time Shifting" :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

Yes, that auction will have to be resumed :)

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Yes, that auction will have to be resumed :)

I hope so... I just hope that I don't have to go through a blackout in the mean-time... I would really miss that head torch ;)

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I hope so... I just hope that I don't have to go through a blackout in the mean-time... I would really miss that head torch ;)

yeah... but maybe your wife will thank me.. :D

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

http://www.pennyauct...=wife#post99219

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

LOL... You remembered ;)

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

LOL... You remembered ;)

I remember everything ;) er.. except for iwontstop's name, and a few other things hehe

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I remember everything ;) er.. except for iwontstop's name, and a few other things hehe

But at least you remembered not remembering ;) :smilielol5:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

But at least you remembered not remembering ;) :smilielol5:

Of course! haha! and I'm going on 3 hrs of sleep and have been bidding/watching an auction for the past 7 or so hrs!! :o

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: illegal software, jonathan smith, midpenny, penny auction community, stolen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users