Background Image

Things that are said about my site and about those who say them.

Started by ferencz , Dec 18 2010 02:18 AM

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ferencz
  • ferencz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Now if you think my site is easy pickins, the sharp people reading that about my site would hustle over there to get in on the easy pickins.

Since I have not noticed a sufficient increase in bidders at my site after that was said, I would have to assume that those who said it and those who read it do not belong to the cateogry that I refered to as sharp.
Finally, I can't begin to tell you how much sleep I lost over this.

Alfred Ferencz Marton
Bidzville.com
Owner
You know....slimpickins.com would not be a bad name for a penny auction site.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hey ferencz, what do you mean? Can you tell us more about your site?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Al...I like your site....I like YOU..you seem like a nice person, you ship wins very fast...but I just cant spend the money buying bids to win such low value cards. I have to choose sites to play on very carefully because I am on a limited budget. The auctions you have been running just don't interest me enough that I can justify purchasing bid packs.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

I love this site, and love the owner. I don't even mind the 10.00 cards. However, it seems a couple of people seem to "mark" auctions, and no one wants to bid against them. For instance, if you look right now, the SAME person has bids on ALL NINE open auctions.

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

I love this site, and love the owner. I don't even mind the 10.00 cards. However, it seems a couple of people seem to "mark" auctions, and no one wants to bid against them. For instance, if you look right now, the SAME person has bids on ALL NINE open auctions.

Check the main page again- you might get a chuckle from the user name on the first auction.

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

Due to the marker, the site lives up to its name, no?

Edited by thepenmaster, 18 December 2010 - 10:35 PM.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Check the main page again- you might get a chuckle from the user name on the first auction.

Hahaha! http://www.bidzville...$15.00_751.html

I agree! I wouldn't necessarily call this person a PB, but it is still intimidating to some to see the same name on several (if not all) of the auctions.

ferencz
  • ferencz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I can understand how you feel so I thought I would follow your idea. So I ran a couple of $50 cards, a few $25 dollar cards and one 15 bidpack in one or two nights and this is what happened.
Now this is approximate because I do not have the exact figures with me but I wanted to answer you. I recieved 8 bids on one of the $50 cards, 4 or 5 on one $25 gift card and my 15 bidpack worth 12 bucks got
19 bids. I have over 275 bidders registered but of course only a fraction are actual bidders. I love my people and would do anything for them except go broke.
There is nothing wrong with them, I have not come close to critical mass but I will get there and when I do, I will have stuff that even a caveninit like you will join us.
We're just now quite ready for prime time yet. But as I said before, we'll get there.
Al Marton

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Hi, I'll be glad to. I opened Bidzville.com on October 4th of this year with zero bidders. I started auctioning $10 gift cards which I thought were great gifts, great to use and an inexpensive way to start.
It was a tough month because I didn't have many bidders but that's the way it goes with newbies who do not have millions to advertise long before they start. I run my site on simple premises.
No bots, no shills...they are not build into my script and quick service. What I auction off on Monday will be in the mail monday night or Tues AM. Of course with the holidays now there will be some delays but
I need to get the winners the merchandise they won. The site is simple but neat, and has an American flavor with the colors in red, whie and blue. I am not on vacation till Jan 2, 2011 so I left with 9
reserve auctions. That sums up my site and the way I run it and hopefully I will get enough bidders interested so that I can auction much pricier merchandise in all categories. Thanks for asking and
I invite you to visit my site. I am running my auctions from 5PM to 9PM for now and in that way it accommodates both the west coast and east coast bidders as well as everyplace in between.
Sincerely,
Al Marton
bidzville.com
owner

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Hi, I know how it looks but nobody wins more than 2 auctions per day. I do not know any way of stopping a bidder from puting a bid on any auction he or she wants. If any owner knows of a way to block it, please contact me and let me know how to do so.
All you have to remembers is that at the end of the day, any bids over 2 auctions will not be counted so don't be intimidated by them. I email these bidders all the time, as a matter of fact spending time on emails consumes a great part of my day and one of the things I do is to tell these people to stop wasting their bids. I also post the win limits on the little bulletin board right on the header every few days but there
are people who will not read it. There is nothing I can do about that except hold my head in my hands in frustration.
Al Marton
Bidzville.com

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

You should have sent an email to your members telling about the larger GC auctions. I didn't know about them, and would have bought bids if I did.

Chris @ Penny Purses
  • Chris @ Penny Purses
  • **Forum Sponsor**
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts

Alfred, Its all about risk versus reward for bidders. I visited your site and the items being auctioned are just not exciting to me as a bidder. I personnally do not bid for anything worth less than $300 and here is my reasoning. I spend $20-$50 for a nice meal occassionally, but spending $300 is something I prefer to budget for. The reward of winning a high dollar item is worth the risk for me.

Just my opinion. Also look at your marketing budget. We spend quite a bit of money to get bidders to the site. You would think people would come for the deals but for some reason it doesnt work like that. If your site is full of deals most bidders want to keep it a secret so the site stays cheap.
PennyPurses.com The ORIGINAL penny auction site for purses.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

You should have sent an email to your members telling about the larger GC auctions. I didn't know about them, and would have bought bids if I did.

I didnt know either.

flostradamos
  • flostradamos
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

is this only reserve auctions? cause thats all i see.
My mom got in an argument at the car wash other lady said "get out of my face i don't know you" my mom said "google me b%tch" rofl she's 65 LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users