Started by jack11 , Dec 22 2010 06:58 AM

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

They are live. Jack says they lost their database from a hacker so it looks like we lost our auctions that we won and the bids you had accumulated. I also have to reregister since it lost all our information. There are now live auctions and looks like the auctions cost you bids now. Happy bidding.

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

He said to not register.

kat2u
  • kat2u
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

PennyWatcher, I too got the same email early Sunday morning. So I tried to come here first to see if anything was posted and PAW was down. Next, I did an internet search to see if I could find any validity to that accussation, nada.
So I assumed they were hacked. My question now is, how much of my personal information was compromised? Was the hacker/hackers able to access any of my information--address, phone number, etc?

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

PennyWatcher, I too got the same email early Sunday morning. So I tried to come here first to see if anything was posted and PAW was down. Next, I did an internet search to see if I could find any validity to that accussation, nada.
So I assumed they were hacked. My question now is, how much of my personal information was compromised? Was the hacker/hackers able to access any of my information--address, phone number, etc?

Well....I would say yes. They obviously had access to all of Freezula's info, they sent the message from Freezula's email address. My computer is ok for now....I just wish Freezula would respond to my questions....apparently they are not concerned about us or their own site.

Lorne
  • Lorne
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I received the same email and assume many or all did. As a featured auction winner, I received an email that stated I met all requirements and my item would be shipped, I pretty much have given up on that. The site was gradually going down. Only my opinion but I think all of this is by design. I do believe "Jack" owes everyone an explanation of his intentions. If he is not going to ship out anything, so be it, at least let us know. Have we not been patient long enough?

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Well, I still can't get on the site.....I had a bunch of bids....they have not returned any of my emails....I don't know what their problem is. I know they got attacked too, like PAW did, same time too...but I don't want to reregister and lose all the bids I had.

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Jack also told me that the database was destroyed by the hacker and it erased all our wins. Not sure what to think but I still hold on to the fact it was all free and I am not out any money. I had at least 10 cards still owed but it is fine. It was just fun bidding against some folks I would never stand a chance against. :wink:

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

My time is worth something to me. I also don't like being lied to. I am SO shocked that a glitch caused all of you to not get your wins. I'm sure you would've gotten them if that mean ole hacker hadn't come along. /sarcasm.
You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy.

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

My time is worth something to me. I also don't like being lied to. I am SO shocked that a glitch caused all of you to not get your wins. I'm sure you would've gotten them if that mean ole hacker hadn't come along. /sarcasm.

My time is worth something to me too but this is my free time and this is how I choose to use it.

berrybare
  • berrybare
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Isn't it odd that now the freezula site was hacked too? weird...

notagain
  • notagain
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I haven't been on PAW much lately and just found this thread. I, too received the email. I just went to the site to cancel my acct and I am no longer accessible-can't log in or have info sent via email in case I was not entering correctly (not possible after 3-4 tries). So, my user name and password are invalid as well as my email on the site. *shrug* I just hope my info is somewhat safe, gonna check my credit history periodically to see if something was shanghaied.

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

Spens, what e-mail address did you use to contact Jack? I didn't receive the mass e-mail. I went on vacaction for a few days and everything has changed!

RuthieJeayne
  • RuthieJeayne
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I never got the email either, with that info in it. doesn't surprise me at all, and if you ask me its just a continuation of the scam he has been doing all along. convenient that we don't get any wins now isn't it.

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I am very disappointed with Freezula. I notified them when I got a bad email about the owner...thought I was doing the right thing. I emailed them 3 times telling them I couldn't get back in and that my bids I had earned (a lot) were gone....and they didn't respond. They obviously don't care about their customers. I wrote very nice notes and was patient in between each one. If they don't care...then I'm not going out of my way. And I was posting an add too. I sold my house. I don't know if it was because of them...but I don't care. I have enough sites that I trust, and when a site does not communicate with me...then why should I trust them. Burned by PennyTarget....Very careful now...and not going to put up with it. So....I haven't gone back.

singlemom4kids
  • singlemom4kids
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Well before they said "they were hacked" they have only 2 major auction for the rest of the week , no minor auction is listed (odd isn't it), and when the opportunity comes when PAW was hacked (bec. im pretty sure jack always check on PAW to read our complains/msgs daily)... He got a great timing to shut down the server and claimed that they were also HACKED....
Then 1week later the site was up with improved GUI and bids are now on sale!
Is this another form of SCAM?!

i never received any reply for my won ipod.... so i guess that means i will never get it!

Edited by singlemom4kids, 25 March 2011 - 01:42 AM.

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

Singlemom and others. I haven't received my featured auctions wins either. I've also not received replies about when to expect my or your wins, although I've asked about both numerous times. I've given up on getting a response and have moved on. It's a bit frustrating but at least money wasn't lost. Furthermore, nothing seems to have happened to my personal information, so I will focus my energy elsewhere.

Perhaps, Jack will respond one day.

waterview6
  • waterview6
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Still waiting on the Panasonic Plasma TV I won. Jack - Just in case you lost the info when you were hacked - it was me that won it!!!

For the past two days, I have been getting ad expiration emails on things I did not post.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I want to know why their site activation emails come from:support@pennyvacations.net

Put that addy in your browser and brings you to what appears to be a PA site that is in the beta testing phase...test auctions are being run but there is no info on the site. The testing site has the same 4 auctions running as the auctions currently on Freezula..they are identical sites

Edited by caveninit, 03 April 2011 - 10:09 PM.

Scammers suck :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users