Started by AuctionJunky , Dec 23 2010 02:28 AM

• Please log in to reply
1099 replies to this topic

neverstopin
  • neverstopin
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

I have heard of that also neverstopin. What if you take the number on the ecard though and go ahead and put it into your account could they cancel it then or would you be okay then, just wondering.

From what I have read it is when you put the card in your account that it freezes your whole account. I don't put my cards in there, I use my exchange balances 1st. Hope that helps

Edited by neverstopin, 18 March 2011 - 01:04 AM.

gary789
  • gary789
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

I didnt know that thanks.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

I received the No Funds e-mails too. They keep filtering in. I used a debit card, so I am going to contact the bank issuer. If there is a chance of getting bid pack money refunds, it will have to be thru the bank. I really doubt if PP will take the hit for bid packs. I am really surprised Durmax bank rejected the bid packs. Keep trying!

Next , on the list of to do's: Call Attorney General, Federal Trade Commission and Internet Crime Complaint Center:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

AG - File a Complaint

:fuming: :fuming: :fuming: :fuming: :fuming: :fuming:

Duramax
  • Duramax
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

I received the No Funds e-mails too. They keep filtering in. I used a debit card, so I am going to contact the bank issuer. If there is a chance of getting bid pack money refunds, it will have to be thru the bank. I really doubt if PP will take the hit for bid packs. I am really surprised Durmax bank rejected the bid packs. Keep trying!

Next , on the list of to do's: Call Attorney General, Federal Trade Commission and Internet Crime Complaint Center:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

AG - File a Complaint

:fuming: :fuming: :fuming: :fuming: :fuming: :fuming:

Thanks Candy for the info - think I will file complaints too! Not sure why the credit card is giving me problems, but I am re-disputing. This is not for Penny Target - at least not yet and I sure hope it doesn't come to this again because it is SUCH a pain. I have a Chase card and disputed charges for another site that has given ALOT of people trouble (Bids..ce). When I first started doing PA's that was the site I started on. I got my first wins quick and then nothing. So, I disputed bidpacks and the shipping fees. Credit card credited everything, then yesterday I got a re-instatement of the bidpacks on credit card. I called and explained it was fraud that they did not send items won (from September) and that the bids are attached to the items won which I have yet to receive. Credit card is not working with me well and saying bids were given and they can't tell what is attached and what isn't. I am re-disputing and in BIG CAPS CLAIMING FRAUD (which I didn't originally claim in quite that blunt terms)!!! I am just concerned that this is going to happen again with the Penny Target bid claims as I have had to send them paperwork for the dispute. The card did automatically credit the shipping and win prices for items won, but those were not much $$ in comparison to the bidpacks.

Unfortunately with Penny Target, I got in and won the first item on 2/8. I won 12 items and never received a single item. I guess really bad timing for me. I know I won't sit back and have my $$ taken though and will continue to dispute charges until it is settled. Hopefully everyone else isn't having this much trouble.

SaveDemBids
  • SaveDemBids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

What sucks for me is that I paid for all bid packs with paypal funds and not a cc.... So I have to hope filing Fraud with paypal works since I have nowhere to turn for charge backs. Anyone have the working email for the scam artists? I guess we could just send them facebook messages all day long

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

We may never recover our losses from PayPal and/or the credit card companies, but if we continue to pursue it and report this crime to all the agencies who protect us from internet crime/fraud..... The worst possible scenario will be we lose our money, but Kurt & Rob may lose their freedom to scam. At the very least, I want them to pay with time. This discourages other low life's from entertaining the thought of a get rich quick & run with the money scheme too.

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

This really does seem to be BLATANT fraud. Amazing that PayPal would just let them get away with it. I filed disputes via my CC company and haven't heard back yet.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

I saw all of this coming right from the start... Rexter had nothing but trouble and they accused him of lying etc... then they were constantly having one kind of problem or another...how many times did they shut down to upgrade their script?

I was never going to spend any money on a site like that, and I am now feeling fully justified in my decision not to do so. What did you guys expect? these guys were "FULL ON" bidders... what is worse is that they are also registered and playing other P.A sites and are now doing so with your guys money :( ...I think if you guys have these scammers names and addresses then should email their details to all of the other sites in which you all use, in order to prevent them from spending the money they stole from you, against you on the battle field.

One thing is for sure... I wish every single one of you that lost money to these guys, every success in retrieving your funds. Good Luck Y'all :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

Guys, I will tell you this: if you are truly wronged and you don't give up you will get every cent you deserve back from Paypal. I say this as someone who has been on both sides of the chargeback. Let me assure you that since I've learned the Paypal ropes, each time I got my money back.

I've already gotten my money back for items owed. I am now waiting for the bid packs to clear. I'll keep you updated.

In conjunction with something that Neverwalks said: When a site falls behind on my shipping, I stop putting money into it now. I don't accuse it of cheating or anything like that, but I do sit back and see if my items come in and where the chips fall. Because my items were coming in steadily until last week, I really didn't think the PT would go south and planned to buy more bids soon but I did want to be on the safe side and not invest more money until everything was caught up. Turns out that was a good thing.

Finally, NW, the owners are bidders? How do you know this? Is it on their facebook page? I'm out of the loop.

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Finally, NW, the owners are bidders? How do you know this? Is it on their facebook page? I'm out of the loop.

If you look at the very first post, you'll see that Rob calls himself an "auction addict" and that he got his brother-in-law hooked. He's made several references to bidding.

gary789
  • gary789
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

I had all my won items from pennytarget approved by paypal, then recieved the emails that they do not have the money in their account, imagine that. Then today I was rejected from paypal on all the bid packs. I have talked with my cc and filed all the complainst but of course their answer is that since I recieved the bids and used them then they are not responcible. I will fight them to the end hope it alll works out. And yes Savvy he did say he was a bidder, he used to bid on skoriet all the time and talked about how he would always reach his win limits every month. Bet he recieved all his won items.

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I had all my won items from pennytarget approved by paypal, then recieved the emails that they do not have the money in their account, imagine that. Then today I was rejected from paypal on all the bid packs. I have talked with my cc and filed all the complainst but of course their answer is that since I recieved the bids and used them then they are not responcible. I will fight them to the end hope it alll works out. And yes Savvy he did say he was a bidder, he used to bid on skoriet all the time and talked about how he would always reach his win limits every month. Bet he recieved all his won items.

He could be bidding against you right now? Look for a user name like "Ikeptyourstuff", or "Youcantcatchme". Seriously though, call your bank, did you use your bank card? From what I have gotten is that you have to say Fraud...if you were fraudulantly sold bids to bid on an item you would not receive, than the bids never had worth. It's all in the wording. Good luck. My bank said I had to wait up to 30 days.

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Guys, I will tell you this: if you are truly wronged and you don't give up you will get every cent you deserve back from Paypal. I say this as someone who has been on both sides of the chargeback. Let me assure you that since I've learned the Paypal ropes, each time I got my money back.

I've already gotten my money back for items owed. I am now waiting for the bid packs to clear. I'll keep you updated.

In conjunction with something that Neverwalks said: When a site falls behind on my shipping, I stop putting money into it now. I don't accuse it of cheating or anything like that, but I do sit back and see if my items come in and where the chips fall. Because my items were coming in steadily until last week, I really didn't think the PT would go south and planned to buy more bids soon but I did want to be on the safe side and not invest more money until everything was caught up. Turns out that was a good thing.

I will take credit for him shutting down his facebook page....I wrote him...the next day his face book page was gone.

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

Guys his name on Skoreit is AutoBidBot1011........I will post the email that was forawrded to me from another bidder he sent it to..
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!!:iamwithstupid:

gary789
  • gary789
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Thanks Ty thats good to know. I did recieve all my win money from paypal last night. Still have not recieved for all the bids though.

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

If you look at the very first post, you'll see that Rob calls himself an "auction addict" and that he got his brother-in-law hooked. He's made several references to bidding.

Thanks, Clem. I definitely missed that--or I forgot about it. I'm not sure which one!

I will take credit for him shutting down his facebook page....I wrote him...the next day his face book page was gone.

Well, there goes that. If I can at least reach a site owner, I can normally get him to send out a few more wins.

Guys his name on Skoreit is AutoBidBot1011........I will post the email that was forawrded to me from another bidder he sent it to..

Good thing I left Skoreit behind a while ago but at least now I know his bidding name there, although I suspect he may have more.

Mary J
  • Mary J
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

"Anyway, I have a new policy "TRUST NO NEW SITE OWNERS, LET SOMEONE ELSE CHECK THEM OUT.....SCREW ME ONCE SHAME ON ME.....SCREW ME TWICE....SHAME ON YOU. DONE...DONE....DONE....DONE.....I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE. PLEASE BE CAREFUL....GOOD NIGHT!" Penny Watcher

Hi, PennyWatcher. I just got in on this discussion today after reading elsewhere about an Amazon acct. being closed because of a canceled gift? card. I got taken by a couple of different sites that went south on me, too. But NOW I need to know how a new site can show integrity/honesty/& financial responsibility from the get-go? Does membership with EEA help? Is there any monitoring agency besides them? What can a new PA do to bring in bidders and prove their site? Thanks! Anyone can answer this! I'd love to hear ideas.
Msredcat aka MsRed

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hi MaryJ! Great questions, these would actually be good in a new thread too if you want (just so more users see them). There isn't a real monitoring agency or any oversight, the EAA however is a trade organization that has guidelines for members and requires audits of sites and confirms no bots, shills, items shipped basically. Also see: Guidelines for Penny Auction Site Owners | Penny Auction Watch Please let us know if you have any other questions!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

thepenmaster
  • thepenmaster
  • Members
  • 772 posts

Just an update. I've gotten every penny of my money back from PT, including bid pack purchases with which items were won but never shipped. If you calmly explain that the seller never shipped items you won and that you've tried to communicate with them, once Paypal checks their logs they should rule in your favor.

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I think the only way to trust a site is to go to an established one. One that has been around a while, and that a lot of folks go to. I won't go to a new site again. I guess if they are with the BBB they have made the effort...but all the places like score etc....they bribe people with bids to write good reviews, so I don't trust that as a source.

Thanks for letting me know that you have gotten all your money back penmaster, I am still waiting on my bank...they said 30 days, all the paper work is in so now I'm just waiting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users