Background Image

Whats The Best Time To Bid At PA Sites - Early In The Morning When Everyone Sleeping!

Started by highbids , Dec 26 2010 06:45 PM
bidding

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

highbids
  • highbids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I'm trying to find out if any of you pro's have found an edge
and have had success at bidding real early in the morning at
say between 3-7 AM or is there a better time to bid!

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

if somone really wants somthing they set there alarms do what ever lol

highbids
  • highbids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Thanks for the reply, this is off topic but my default font size for posting is bolded
and extra large do you know how to make the default font size normal it's annoying.

Scooby2003
  • Scooby2003
  • Members
  • 659 posts

[quote name='highbids']Thanks for the reply, this is off topic but my default font size for posting is bolded
and extra large do you know how to make the default font size normal it's annoying.[/QUOTE

I don't think there is a best time to bid! In the PA world, people are up bidding at all times! It is a hit and a miss!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

It really depends, it's hard to say when a good time is... I started bidding on an item Fri night at 7 and didn't stop til 7 am.. ack.. once it hit 6 am tons of bidders came in (they must've woken up!)

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Scooby2003
  • Scooby2003
  • Members
  • 659 posts

I wanted to clarify my earlier post. The popularity of an item is what sets the trend for bidding. If you are looking for an easy win, you might want to check the bidding history or the current auctions and pick a less popular item. Time has little to do with it.

highbids
  • highbids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

That makes sense & doing a little research before hand would probably be good to &
then go after those less popular items at a smaller site that you can trust.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

To a degree you may find that you will also be quite limited with options to bidding at the hours you mentioned. Most PA sites generally run during the evening hours... I find anywhere from 6pm to 12am EST is when many of the auction sites run. The sites that run outside of those hours are generally very busy sites with high amounts of traffic. By the time you have offset one with the other, you will probably find it is actually more beneficial to bid during the "busy" hours on a site with a smaller volume of traffic, than it would be to bid during the "slower" hours on a site that has a higher volume of traffic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

To a degree you may find that you will also be quite limited with options to bidding at the hours you mentioned. Most PA sites generally run during the evening hours... I find anywhere from 6pm to 12am EST is when many of the auction sites run. The sites that run outside of those hours are generally very busy sites with high amounts of traffic. By the time you have offset one with the other, you will probably find it is actually more beneficial to bid during the "busy" hours on a site with a smaller volume of traffic, than it would be to bid during the "slower" hours on a site that has a higher volume of traffic.

agreed.

highbids
  • highbids
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

That does make sense but it's finding those new PA sites that we can trust thats the problem.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

There are many sites that are honest and trustworthy... Bargainsandfun.com, Pennyprizes.com, Nailbidder.com, Pennyauctionscanada.com, Nightcents.com, Cheetahbids.com, Sellmoo.com, Pongow.com, Yuzzit.com, Rockdawg.com, Nitrohawk.com, Plundr.com, Shopbig.com, Bidbanditauctions.com, Bidpigs.com, Bullionbuyz.com, Bidfire.com as well as many others that you will find here on PAW...

In fact, there are so many that I would pretty much say, "Problem Solved" ;) LOL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

kat2u
  • kat2u
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Early in the AM, when the east coast is sleeping and the west coast is going to bed on a weeknight used to be a good time, but with all kinds of bid butlers, and bidding assistants, I find that to be no longer the case. I find the worst time to bid is on the weekends and unless there is something I really want that isn't regularly put up for auction I tend to stay away on the weekends.

BOOMbidz
  • BOOMbidz
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

I would do research and check out the past auctions section on a site and see what time/day had the lowest auction ending auction prices and go from their to get an idea of how many bids it usually takes.

Dave
BOOMbidz
Chief BOOM Officer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bidding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users