• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

pennyprizes
  • pennyprizes
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Hello All,

Pennyprizes would like some input on what your opinions are for a new auction format we are giving a test run to.

It is a "No Earlybird" auction (aka 'peak auction').

What is a "No Earlybird" or "Peak Only" auction you ask?

A "Peak Only" auction, otherwise known as a "No Earlybird" auction, is an auction where bidding can only occur during certain times. These auctions are designed to discourage 'claim staking' or 'stamping', which allows all bidders a fair shake at winning. On auctions marked as "No Earlybird", the bid button will appear anywhere from 2-10 minutes prior to the auctions scheduled end time. Once the bid button appears, members can begin bidding on the listed item.

Thoughts? I am all ears :smile1:

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Interesting concept! I think it's definitely worth a shot. Saw your post on the other thread. You know I'm your biggest fan (;)), but the PB's seem to have found the site. You see someone bid 1,000 bids for a 100.00 gift card, you are unlikely to bid against them if they "mark" something. Like the concept!

pennyprizes
  • pennyprizes
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Awww shucks, thank you :)

Glad you like the idea, can't wait to see how it rolls!

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

Interesting concept! I think it's definitely worth a shot. Saw your post on the other thread. You know I'm your biggest fan (;)), but the PB's seem to have found the site. You see someone bid 1,000 bids for a 100.00 gift card, you are unlikely to bid against them if they "mark" something. Like the concept!

Also, like the concept in theory but I do not think it will change outcomes. Once the same bidders enter the fray (which I prefer to be earlier versus later so I can at least make an informed decision) you will probably have similar results. It does eliminate bidders stamping auctions that they can not participate in once they have reached their win limits - so I like the idea from that standpoint.

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

I think dealdash did this and actually its kind of boring now. And the PB are still their. Maybe try it on a few items but not all. I tend to bid on items either that are a must have for me or that no one else is really bidding on. So its a turn off on dealdash to wait so long to finally be able to bid on an item only to find that the PB is too. It has honestly been a waste of my time on dealdash and is turning me away from it. With the open bid at least I know early on how many people are interested in the item.

pennyprizes
  • pennyprizes
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Thanks for your input.

We are really trying to make things better for everybody, and we hope this helps.

We don't intend on running a whole bunch of the "No Earlybirds" auctions, just enough to try & help the little guys.

One thing we noticed in beta testing of this auction type: The timer starts & shows up automatically, but the bid button does not for some reason, so you may have to refresh the page to see the bid button.

We sincerely hope that this helps, & feel free to post to the forums or e-mail us if you don't like it. We are always looking for ways to try and improve things for the bidders!

Hope to see you guys in the future! Good luck, and happy bidding !

Steve
Attached File  LOGO JPEG.jpg   10.04KB   1 downloads staff

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Thanks for your input.

We are really trying to make things better for everybody, and we hope this helps.

We don't intend on running a whole bunch of the "No Earlybirds" auctions, just enough to try & help the little guys.

One thing we noticed in beta testing of this auction type: The timer starts & shows up automatically, but the bid button does not for some reason, so you may have to refresh the page to see the bid button.

We sincerely hope that this helps, & feel free to post to the forums or e-mail us if you don't like it. We are always looking for ways to try and improve things for the bidders!

Hope to see you guys in the future! Good luck, and happy bidding !

Steve
[ATTACH=CONFIG]641[/ATTACH] staff

Yea I think this is a great idea IF you don't make the entire site that way. At this point I can't wait to just finally use up all my bids on dealdash.com But I think one or two a day or even some kind of beginner auctions are really nice.(as long as the beginner auctions aren't always bid packs)

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

hey triger this ios a good site to join great service i dont see to many begginer auction on there and they dont flood it with bid packs so thats good 25 and 50 and once in awhile 100 so thats good ya give it a try

pennyprizes
  • pennyprizes
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Thanks for the props Mike!

Marie
Attached File  pennyprizes logo.png   15.68KB   1 downloads

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

hey triger this ios a good site to join great service i dont see to many begginer auction on there and they dont flood it with bid packs so thats good 25 and 50 and once in awhile 100 so thats good ya give it a try

I plan on starting friday.....payday, lol. Any big PB's in there. Im feeling lucky thought I would mess with a few on pennyprizes lol

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

lol there is some names there you noand see good luck

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

lol there is some names there you noand see good luck

I think it will be fun