Started by triggertre , Dec 30 2010 06:17 AM

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

So tonight I decided to once again try and bid on an actual item only to witness the same users "bots" coming in and out of an auction. An 8 GB nano goes for $12+ on a site that only has the same 5-7 users and I am the one winning all the largest bid packs.

I made it a point to win all the 100 bid packs so others could not. I ended up with 1500 bids by tonight.

So I watch the nano from the beginning and slowly it escalates the entire time on bidstar with the same users popping in and out.

I decided I had had enough and started filing my claim with paypal. Ironically as soon as I started filing the auction ended. Funny how that is.

This site is a scam and PAW should Red Flag this once and for all.

I am escalating my claims as we speak.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

Although there are many penny auction scams are out there, you can never absolutely tell that they have bots. I have personally won a $25 Amazon Gift Card from them with 1 bid and received it about 2 weeks later, and I have also seen other users play and win too. Another thing to keep in mind is their based in Austraila so their could be many people who bid on the site that are located over their. You cannot just base your assumptions as facts and that their bots and that just because you lost an auction, you need your money back, that's not how it works.

However, the continues pattern of bidding could be suspicious, however, I have yet to make any of them out.

I hope everything goes well..

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Although there are many penny auction scams are out there, you can never absolutely tell that they have bots. I have personally won a $25 Amazon Gift Card from them with 1 bid and received it about 2 weeks later, and I have also seen other users play and win too. Another thing to keep in mind is their based in Austraila so their could be many people who bid on the site that are located over their. You cannot just base your assumptions as facts and that their bots and that just because you lost an auction, you need your money back, that's not how it works.

However, the continues pattern of bidding could be suspicious, however, I have yet to make any of them out.

The only auctions that I lose are the ones that magically malfunction. I setup autobidder that has no chance to lose because its setup with 400 bids up to $8 on an ipod shuffle. The auctions end under a dollar but I am not the winner. Then I get email oh sorry we will refund your bids. This has happened numerous times. However, Autobidder works perfectly fine went its a bid pack that I win and pay for. Just not on anything materialistic.

They have tried to put the blame on me for reasons why their autobidder did not work when clearly it was documented in my bid history. I just find it ironic that its the exact same people bidding in and out of auctions. Plus if you look at the site. Those same 5 people don't seem to bid on auctions until someone else does.

pbiddy
  • pbiddy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Oh, dear, that sounds like a site I once bid on and got screwed royally. Be careful.

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Oh, dear, that sounds like a site I once bid on and got screwed royally. Be careful.

Lol yea. Funny part is if it was a few bids I would just toss the account or just waste them on an auction. My dilemma is that I have like 1500 bids which is close to $1000 worth of bids but I didn't spend close to that in acquiring them.

Mike
  • Mike
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

I too have never won anything but a few bid pack, it seems everytime I bid the price is higher then what they show on closed auctions, but maybe I am not lucky. Tonight, I also bid on the 8gb ipod, I got home from work late and turned on the computer, the ipod was at about $4.50 or so and I just watched it for a while, I had 352 bids and was waiting for something good to bid on, this was also my last time to bid on this site and just wanted to get rid of the bids, win or lose, it was alright, I am done here. I loaded up the bid star with 300 bids, the other bidder was on bid star as well (jade) it was just her and me (Mike) at that point.

I think that person must have put at least 600 bids on that auction, because we went back and forth for over a hour..............then she ran out of bids, but all of a sudden a new bidder showed up (Neha) and put on no more then 2 or 3 bids, then I ran out of bids...........I still had 50 bids left and put one more bid on, except it would not take my bid (this has happened many times on bid pack auction) and I LOSE....Neha wins with a total of 7 bids I believe. It seemed funny to me that Neha came on as soon as Jade ran out of bids, 20 seconds later I was out of bids, I don't know about this site. I have 50 bids left and after that is gone so am I.

Pointnbid
  • Pointnbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

So tonight I decided to once again try and bid on an actual item only to witness the same users "bots" coming in and out of an auction. An 8 GB nano goes for $12+ on a site that only has the same 5-7 users and I am the one winning all the largest bid packs.

I made it a point to win all the 100 bid packs so others could not. I ended up with 1500 bids by tonight.

So I watch the nano from the beginning and slowly it escalates the entire time on bidstar with the same users popping in and out.

I decided I had had enough and started filing my claim with paypal. Ironically as soon as I started filing the auction ended. Funny how that is.

This site is a scam and PAW should Red Flag this once and for all.

I am escalating my claims as we speak.

* We have no control over who does / does not participates in an auction. Auction needs a minimum and maximum of 2 people to keep going! Currently there are no win limits and we are planning to introduce it in the near future as per our news feed.

* Again, we have no control when an auction ends. When bids ends - auctions end!

* Attached is a proof of one of the similar iPod nano order shipped. Attached File  order pnb.jpg   34.03KB   19 downloads Amazon is one of our distributors in USA (Personal and some shipping details have been removed due to privacy reasons and we will not reveal it under any circumstances).

If you are not winning someone else is! The users decide if they wish to participate in an auction and how many bids they wish to place and not us!

Pointnbid
  • Pointnbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

The only auctions that I lose are the ones that magically malfunction. I setup autobidder that has no chance to lose because its setup with 400 bids up to $8 on an ipod shuffle. The auctions end under a dollar but I am not the winner. Then I get email oh sorry we will refund your bids. This has happened numerous times. However, Autobidder works perfectly fine went its a bid pack that I win and pay for. Just not on anything materialistic.

They have tried to put the blame on me for reasons why their autobidder did not work when clearly it was documented in my bid history. I just find it ironic that its the exact same people bidding in and out of auctions. Plus if you look at the site. Those same 5 people don't seem to bid on auctions until someone else does.

"I setup autobidder that has no chance to lose because its setup with 400 bids up to $8 on an ipod shuffle."

Quotes from our news feed

*please note that we are currently working towards upgrading our system so to ensure all our auction timers and bid star runs smoothly. ** bid star -> autobidder **
* please note that we are still experiencing some issues with the functionalities of our auction timers and the bid star. We are working to resolve the issue and most of the auctions have been temporarily suspended.

* You and other users were refunded bids in problem auctions as a good will gesture and we acknowledged the problem in public forum. If our intention was to cheat you we would have not acknowledged the issue in public forum (other post) and would have completely denied any refunds.

*"I just find it ironic that its the exact same people bidding in and out of auctions."

There are currently no win limits and we are working on it as per our news feed. Its our users and not us who decide when and what items to bid on and we cannot control it.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

"I have personally won a $25 Amazon Gift Card from them with 1 bid and received it about 2 weeks later"

Congrats on the win!

"just because you lost an auction, you need your money back, that's not how it works."

Thanks. It is a very valid point. When we had technical issues we refunded bids to many users without any questions (note: like every other auction site we have a no refund policy but we acknowledged the issue and still refunded bids). But we cannot offer refunds to the users just because they could not win an auction.

Edited by Pointnbid, 30 December 2010 - 10:53 AM.

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

"just because you lost an auction, you need your money back, that's not how it works."

Thanks. It is a very valid point. When we had technical issues we refunded bids to many users without any questions (note: like every other auction site we have a no refund policy but we acknowledged the issue and still refunded bids). But we cannot offer refunds to the users just because they could not win an auction.

If I lost an auction I probably lost 3-5 bids which is peanuts to me. Its not that I can't win an auction. I win plenty of your bid pack......I have 1500 bids. Its just that all goes haywire when I try to out your actual items. I chose not to go against your bots. I find it REALLY odd how since I sent in my claims all those 5 users disappeared and almost NO ONE is bidding on your auctions. And 1 new name finally won an item. This just all seems very odd to me.

Your site has been less than honest. If paypal does not reimburse me so be it. At least I spoke out and other will be weary of your site. I have a feeling I am not the only one with suspicions about your site.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I chose not to go against your bots. I find it REALLY odd how since I sent in my claims all those 5 users disappeared and almost NO ONE is bidding on your auctions. And 1 new name finally won an item. This just all seems very odd to me.

I noticed that too! Where did those bidders go that have been bidding up all the auctions every day??
I've seen it happen on another site too...all the auctions had all the same "people" bidding and winning daily, (names I had never seen anywhere else) until I posted about the site in PAW. All of a sudden, every one of those "people" just disappeared, never to be seen again on the site. It was really weird!!

GoingGoingMine
  • GoingGoingMine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Every time you guys lose an auction to someone that isn't a member here you cry "Bot" and you demand a refund. What a bunch of bullys.

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Every time you guys lose an auction to someone that isn't a member here you cry "Bot" and you demand a refund. What a bunch of bullys.

OMG. geez people I have NOT LOST. I HAVE 1500 bids I WON. Its only on the materialistic auctions that things go haywire.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

i just refuse to bid against the bots

Pointnbid
  • Pointnbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

If I lost an auction I probably lost 3-5 bids which is peanuts to me. Its not that I can't win an auction. I win plenty of your bid pack......I have 1500 bids. Its just that all goes haywire when I try to out your actual items. I chose not to go against your bots. I find it REALLY odd how since I sent in my claims all those 5 users disappeared and almost NO ONE is bidding on your auctions. And 1 new name finally won an item. This just all seems very odd to me.

Your site has been less than honest. If paypal does not reimburse me so be it. At least I spoke out and other will be weary of your site. I have a feeling I am not the only one with suspicions about your site.

If a user has saved their bid packs to bid on popular auctions e.g iPod Nano. Once the bidding is over and the same users do not wish to bid on the next product e.g. Apple mouse then do you expect us to chase them that they must bid 24 x 7 on everything that appears on the site?

Also since your message only 4 auctions have ended since then and all auctions were 3-4 hours apart.

It is very easy to throw mud and bully others. Interesting that you did not comment anything on the Apple iPod shipping proof we produced!

Edited by Pointnbid, 30 December 2010 - 07:59 PM.

Chris @ Penny Purses
  • Chris @ Penny Purses
  • **Forum Sponsor**
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts

A third party verification could fix this. Someone to ensure the other bidders really bought bids. Its early on so its hard to know what exactly is going on.

Would have been a great job for PI.
PennyPurses.com The ORIGINAL penny auction site for purses.

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

If a user has saved their bid packs to bid on popular auctions e.g iPod Nano. Once the bidding is over and the same users do not wish to bid on the next product e.g. Apple mouse then do you expect us to chase them that they must bid 24 x 7 on everything that appears on the site?

No, I just find it interesting that for the last week+ those same users have been on 24/7 in and out of auctions. I know this because I have been on your site almost 24/7 watching, videoing, taking pictures. I have more time on my hands then I know what to do with right now and I made it a personal goal to investigate your site. Then after I put in a claim last night they ALL miraculously disappear. Do you smell that? Yeah, I think it stinks too.....and I don't think its mud.

Interesting that you did not comment anything on the Apple iPod shipping proof we produced!

If you direct me to the comment then I will address it. I am not saying that no one has ever won an item. I AM however accusing you of using bots. If someone wins after you bot them a bit to squeeze a few more bids out of them then, it doesn't make it right just because you let them win afterward.

You can deny all you want. I think in the end your only hurting yourself. Once I leave you won't be generating much money. How long will your site last with those same 5-10 users? Most of whom are bots. Just curious.

Pointnbid
  • Pointnbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

No, I just find it interesting that for the last week+ those same users have been on 24/7 in and out of auctions. I know this because I have been on your site almost 24/7 watching, videoing, taking pictures. I have more time on my hands then I know what to do with right now and I made it a personal goal to investigate your site. Then after I put in a claim last night they ALL miraculously disappear. Do you smell that? Yeah, I think it stinks too.....and I don't think its mud.

You are welcome to carry on any investigation(s). Our question to you is do you expect us to decide for our users which auctions should they be placing bids on or when should they be come online? (Something to be noted - our users are from 4 different countries, few with totally different time zones.)

If you direct me to the comment then I will address it. I am not saying that no one has ever won an item. I AM however accusing you of using bots. If someone wins after you bot them a bit to squeeze a few more bids out of them then, it doesn't make it right just because you let them win afterward.

You can deny all you want. I think in the end your only hurting yourself. Once I leave you won't be generating much money. How long will your site last with those same 5-10 users? Most of whom are bots. Just curious.

This is a completely false claim. Earlier a user has clearly mentioned an example of winning $25 Amazon card with a single bid. Here is one good example of us selling iPod nano for 1 single bid - Pointnbid Pty Ltd - Product Details

We do acknowledge that after getting feedback from our members we decided to introduce a winning limit in the future so that everyone gets a fair chance at winning and not just "power bidders". Pointnbid Pty Ltd - In News

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

(Something to be noted - our users are from 4 different countries, few with totally different time zones.)

All I got from this is that your open to 4 Countries and yet you still have a user base of less than 10 users (real users). I think that alone speaks volumes for itself. More than a month in business and 10 users. Were did they all go. My guess is that they noticed the same suspicions as me an left.

This is a completely false claim. Earlier a user has clearly mentioned an example of winning $25 Amazon card with a single bid. Here is one good example of us selling iPod nano for 1 single bid - Pointnbid Pty Ltd - Product Details

Your showing me a link to an auction thats closed OVER A MONTH AGO. My guess here is that things didn't turn out the way you intended so your company turned to plan B which was cut your losses by using bots. I can't speak for what happened a month ago because I only joined about 2 weeks ago, so I can only express for certain what I have seen since then.

We do acknowledge that after getting feedback from our members we decided to introduce a winning limit in the future so that everyone gets a fair chance at winning and not just "power bidders". Pointnbid Pty Ltd - In News

If your referring to me as a power bidder, thanks but I am not. It was just really easy to win bid packs. Ironically, the materialistic item auctions were what confused me. My thinking on that is that by letting user win bid packs easily your giving them false sense of security only to take it away with the real auctions for actual items.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I still find it interesting that today this site is almost silent with "bidders" where as yesterday before my claim around this SAME time it was booming. I just find this very peculiar. Any one else think its odd? How convenient that is for you when paypal investigates your site.....

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

very weird

Pointnbid
  • Pointnbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

All I got from this is that your open to 4 Countries and yet you still have a user base of less than 10 users (real users). I think that alone speaks volumes for itself. More than a month in business and 10 users. Were did they all go. My guess is that they noticed the same suspicions as me an left.

Your showing me a link to an auction thats closed OVER A MONTH AGO. My guess here is that things didn't turn out the way you intended so your company turned to plan B which was cut your losses by using bots. I can't speak for what happened a month ago because I only joined about 2 weeks ago, so I can only express for certain what I have seen since then.

If your referring to me as a power bidder, thanks but I am not. It was just really easy to win bid packs. Ironically, the materialistic item auctions were what confused me. My thinking on that is that by letting user win bid packs easily your giving them false sense of security only to take it away with the real auctions for actual items.

These are nothing but false and misleading statements purely based on only assumptions / guesses.

Also, If our aim was to make money out of certain auctions we would have never refunded bids for auctions with technical problems to start with.

[/COLOR]I still find it interesting that today this site is almost silent with "bidders" where as yesterday before my claim around this SAME time it was booming. I just find this very peculiar. Any one else think its odd? How convenient that is for you when paypal investigates your site.....

This is because the next auction is in 1 hour and there is nothing to bid on currently. Also, it is very normal and usual to have high traffic on popular (gadgets) auctions compared to smaller item(s).

Also, we welcome the investigation.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

This was just 10 days ago i.e. after you joined - Pointnbid Pty Ltd - Product Details

Edited by Pointnbid, 30 December 2010 - 11:26 PM.

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

I feel as though I have said my piece. I will leave it up to paypal. Good luck with your site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users