Started by triggertre , Dec 30 2010 06:17 AM

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

VEEJAYB
  • VEEJAYB
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I can only win [pay for shipping too] on bid packs. Cannot ever win a tangible item.
Consistently outbid no matter if it is 23 bids or 230 bids. Bots for sure.

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

I can only win [pay for shipping too] on bid packs. Cannot ever win a tangible item.

Tried to warn you guys....perhaps when a dozen or more of you attempt to drop your hard earned money on this site then it will get flagged permanently.

tnsko123
  • tnsko123
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

For what its worth, I signed up for the site when I found it a while back and after looking over the site and watching it, I immediately emailed them and asked them to cancel my account and delete all information I had provided. Something just didnt look right so I didnt even use my free bids......this doesnt suprise me at all though I hate that some of you are having a bad experience there. Good luck if you continue to play there.

tnsko123

Pointnbid
  • Pointnbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I am escalating my claims as we speak.

We helped PayPal in all ways we can with the investigation and PayPal has concluded the investigation of all the claims made against us and has decided in our favour.

Thanks

Edited by Pointnbid, 25 January 2011 - 10:26 PM.

Pointnbid
  • Pointnbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

We will try and take time out this weekend itself and will email you the shipping proof of some items big and small to the auction winners (including the auctions that you have participated in).

*We will remove all personal details for privacy reasons and it will not be shared under any circumstances*

Thanks

DONTDOIT
  • DONTDOIT
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Hi Everybody,
I have been on Pointnbid for about a month & while it did take some getting used to the timer I am pretty comfortable with the site. I have won lots of bids but also 3 non-bid items worth up to $50. It's true that there are few bidders on the site. That could be because of the newness of the site. I have seen a few new names pop up lately. So far this site, while a little different then most, seems to be ligit.......

prettypink75
  • prettypink75
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I need to bring up a new site that I think is a scam. If you haven't heard of it, it's called centsnag. I won a 15 Sub.way card and a 10 walmart e-card on Jan.5th. I paid for them both through PayPal on Jan.7. I have sent numerous emails to the owner James and to this day have not recieved my winnings. I had to prove to him that I did pay for them almost a month ago. He continues to have more auctions and his answer to why I haven't recieved my winnings was his debit card through PayPal wasn't working. That was last week. And he still insists on sending out the winnings. I honestly don't believe him now. I discourage anyone from buying bids from there. I should have recieved the e-card three days after paying and the Subway card 2-6 days after payment. Please don't buy from there!!!!

Pointnbid
  • Pointnbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Hi Everybody,
I have been on Pointnbid for about a month & while it did take some getting used to the timer I am pretty comfortable with the site. I have won lots of bids but also 3 non-bid items worth up to $50. It's true that there are few bidders on the site. That could be because of the newness of the site. I have seen a few new names pop up lately. So far this site, while a little different then most, seems to be ligit.......

Thanks for your feedback! Very much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I need to bring up a new site that I think is a scam. If you haven't heard of it, it's called centsnag I won a 15 Sub.way card and a 10 walmart e-card on Jan.5th. I paid for them both through PayPal on Jan.7. I have sent numerous emails to the owner James and to this day have not recieved my winnings. I had to prove to him that I did pay for them almost a month ago. He continues to have more auctions and his answer to why I haven't recieved my winnings was his debit card through PayPal wasn't working. That was last week. And he still insists on sending out the winnings. I honestly don't believe him now. I discourage anyone from buying bids from there. I should have recieved the e-card three days after paying and the Subway card 2-6 days after payment. Please don't buy from there!!!!

Sorry, it does not seem to belong to this thread as we are not related to Centsnag in any way. Admin, kindly move this post.

Edited by Pointnbid, 28 January 2011 - 12:02 AM.

DONTDOIT
  • DONTDOIT
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Hi It's me again,

I just won another item, $15 itunes. It took a lot of bids & if you are not aware that there are many bid paks available to win & it being relatively easy to win them you might think your giving up too many bids but in my case they are almost free. I have been bidding on various sites for about 3 months & will try to answer any questions that anyone might have. My user name on Pointnbid is tony. Strange using names instead of made up user names. I hope they change that.......

bidpenny
  • bidpenny
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've bid on Pointnbid and won a iTunes gift card. I won the iTunes gift card very easily and got it in the mail less than 2 weeks later. I like Pointnbid because I don't see any bots on the site. It is one of the easiest sites I know of to win.

I think the TRIGGERTRE is just a sore loser. That's the game of penny auctions, some times you win some times you lose. You can't expect to go on any penny auction site and win every single auction. I've had a good experience on Pointnbid. Don't make a good company look bad just because you didn't win everything on their site.

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

For those that think I am a sore loser.....lol....I am far from it. I have lost many times and I find it FUN (win or lose). Battles are great even if you lose. I had lost to many big players before..

Look if this site is legit then so be it. I do not have too much pride to admit when I am wrong but I still have my suspicions and I am allowed to have those. Considering the circumstances of NEW PA sites it is fair to say that they SHOULD HAVE TO EARN OUR TRUST. Unfortunately, I am stuck with a ridiculous amount of bids and I will eventually use them because I have my money invested in them.

I would just like to see a user post about their wins who has like more then 10 posts on this site. All these praises come from people I never hear of and seem to have just recently joined.......??????

Pointnbid.com if you truly are legit then you will succeed and I will have no regret in admitting I was wrong. Until then know that users here are NOT stupid and if your deceiving them then eventually karma will come around and bite you in the arse. Take a look the the many sites that have tried pulling the wool over customers and ended up failing in their business venture.

However, with that said their have been many that have come back and earned the trust of their users once again and are making strides to be successful. I think of tintinmonkey and yourpennywins as good illustrations.

Good luck in being a LEGIT site. Its few and far between these days in the PA world and only time will tell.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Also, can you fix your closed auctions so that it shows ALL your closed auctions and not just like the last 10 or so. I think this will help users to trust your site and will increase your userbase when they can compare the history is auction prices. This should not be hard at all to implement.

As a rule of thumb PAW members tend to be suspicious when they cannot view the closed auctions history...just a thought>>>.

DONTDOIT
  • DONTDOIT
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

That's an excellent suggestion, Triggertre. I have also learned to use the "closed Auctions" history. It gives you great insight into the company.

I must admit that in the beginning of trying out Pointnbid I probably would have agreed with you about your skepticism. My suggestion, since you say you have so many bids, would be to study the bids on an item or two then start bidding. That's what I did. Remember, there are others that got there bids cheap as well so don't be surprised if the bidding goes a little higher then seems normal.

Good luck........

chibrook
  • chibrook
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Well, I'm not too sure what I think about this site for other people, but have decided it's just not my cup of tea. It is true that they auction SO many bidpacks that many players are playing with practically free bids. Couple that with the recent PAC coupon and PAC promo and people don't care how far they take a $10 gift card. What is weird, though, is that I decided before I placed my first bid that I just wanted to use my bids and close my account (no offense - like I said, just not for me - I don't like the "real" names - I want to see bidder names to really know who I'm against). So I decide to throw my very very cheap bids against a $10 card (against Jade, btw, if that even matters). Now this is the strange part - it seems (to me) that it's difficult to edit or redo your bid butler if it's not "done" yet with your initial setting. I tried time and again to extend it without letting it "finish" and ended up having to let it finish and then was able to set it again (even though there is an "edit" button?). I did this several times. Nothing odd about that, but my opponent never ever put in a bid single - she was on auto all the way. Could she have gone into this auction initially setting her autobidder for over 50 bids when she had been winning so much stuff for very little? That's the part that didn't seem quite "right" to me - although she may very well be real and very well do that standardly. Again, I am not accusing anyone of anything. And I'm not a sore loser at all - I really didn't care if I won or lost - just wanted to "un-bookmark" this site. For me, the negatives of this site are way way too many bidpack auctions, the "real" names, the "uneditable" (lol) autobidder, and the site is dominated by a handful (six or seven maybe?) people who evidently will win at all costs.

triggertre
  • triggertre
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

The reason I had issues was when I first joined this site I was the one to dominated almost all the 100 bid packs for about a week. Accumulated a great deal of bids and even watch $100 items for pennies for a few days before I chimed in on auctions and low and behold goes well above retail. It was the fact that I assumed bots so I just triggered them then bailed early on. So I would only lose a handful of bids at the auctions I bid on because I would bail. Then I would watch the next $50 or more item go for pennies. Trust me this went on for awhile before I had had enough. I never really lost any bids because I never had to I could just miraculously trigger other "bidders" against each other. This is why I haven't really lost but haven't really won. I will continue testing and probing. I want to give this site the benefit of the doubt its just sooooo hard.

But like I said before, if I am wrong then I am wrong and I have no issues admitting that I just think I will continue to be cautious.

Pointnbid
  • Pointnbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I've bid on Pointnbid and won a iTunes gift card. I won the iTunes gift card very easily and got it in the mail less than 2 weeks later. I like Pointnbid because I don't see any bots on the site. It is one of the easiest sites I know of to win.

I think the TRIGGERTRE is just a sore loser. That's the game of penny auctions, some times you win some times you lose. You can't expect to go on any penny auction site and win every single auction. I've had a good experience on Pointnbid. Don't make a good company look bad just because you didn't win everything on their site.

Thanks a lot bidpenny for your positive feedback! Very much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Thanks to everyone for providing the feedback. We will look into each and every point and will make necessary changes wherever possible.

As almost every Penny Auction site may work differently. So we've decided to write articles to help all users provide a better experience and up their chances of winning on our site. The contents will be added to our site in the near future. There are common mistakes that mostly new users make and the most common being not familiarizing oneself with the site. Some users may end up spending all the bids in one auction (for example) losing all the cash to end up with nothing at the end and decide never to come back. Of course we want our members to come back and participate in other auctions and not just leave after not winning their first auction.

How bid star (auto bidder) works:

A user wishes to spend 20 bids on an auction.

Scenario 1: The auction has started. The user wishes to increase the number to 50. The user may press ‘edit’ and change the number to 50 at anytime.
Scenario 2: The auction has started. The user wishes to decrease the number to 10. The user may press ‘edit’ and change the number to 10 at anytime. If Bid star has already used 15 bids on your behalf it will advise you that you have only 5 bids left (20-15).
Scenario 3: The auction has not started and the user wishes to cancel the bid star bids. It can be done anytime by going to my account -> bid star -> and pressing the red cross ( X ) sign.

We understand that may be a bit confusing. We will try and update it reflect real time numbers (for example 5 bids left in bid star for scenario 2).

Also, the primary purpose of bid star is to place bids on user’s behalf when you cannot be around. Hence, it a very common for majority of our users set bid star and go away as auctions currently are 1 or 2 hours apart (sometimes more).

Bidding Pattern:

Scenario 1: Recently a same member won 2 auctions - 50 Bids for $1.76 and a 100 Bid pack for $0.03.
Scenario 2: Two different members won the auction 100 bid pack i) Auction ended $2.11 ii) Auction ended $0.02.

It is entirely up to our users to decide how much they wish to spend and on what auctions. The closing price is determined by our users. Additionally, there are users who have won items with 1 FREE bid that we give at signup and there may be users who have not won anything even after spending 200 bids for example.

Bid Packs:

We will look into reducing the number of bid packs and will replace it with more tangible items.

Username

We will speak to our technical support team to see what can be done to resolve the issue.

Win Limits

The development team is working on win limits and it will be enforced soon (may be this or next week, although the time frame is just a guideline). As easy as it may sound but there is lot of background work involved. Once enforced the win limit will be maximum 4 auctions per 24 hours and maximum 20 auctions in 30 days.

Again, although our standard hours of support are 9AM - 5 PM AEST and we try to be available outside support hours as much as we can and will appreciate any constructive criticism anytime at service@pointnbid.com.

Thanks

Edited by Pointnbid, 31 January 2011 - 12:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users