Background Image

Valueality.com - We launch of Feb. 1st, 2010! We have 2 drawing before we open!

Started by valueality , Jan 02 2011 01:02 AM

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

y2p731
  • y2p731
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Cool. I'm looking forward to it.
Mixed Martial Arts + Poker + Penny Auctions = AWESOME!!!

valueality
  • valueality
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

@ y2p731 Thank you and we hope you enjoy the site. Good Luck!

jewiley
  • jewiley
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

We have setup 10 Auctions for our Launch on Feb. 1st. So we have 6 Gift Cards, 1 Blu-Ray Player, 1 Mr Coffee Tea Maker, 1 Digital Camera and a 26" 1080P LCD TV. We would love to hear any suggestions you have about what else to add or what to remove so please email us @ support@valueality.com or use the contact page.

Keurig single cup coffee makers are nice. (Cuisinart makes a phenomenal unit too.)

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

If it starts right, it will end right. Offer enough to keep folks tuned in and interested, but don't run yourself broke. If you turn out as honest as you seem to intend, it would be nice to keep you around. :)

wyzguy88
  • wyzguy88
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Love the site, can't wait for your launch! Was wondering will you have a referral program? And If I signed up (registered) for the site does that mean I am registered for both of the drawings? Thanks!

valueality
  • valueality
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Thank you for the support. We will have a referral program and who ever refers will receive 5 free bids but only when the person referred purchases a Bid Pack (this is to help prevent fraud), and yes if you registered and confirmed your account you are entered for both drawings.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

jewiley Thank you for your support and we will always be honest now and forever. That is the moral thing to do and the only way to go. Stay tuned on the site because we will be having more surprises coming in the next few months (additional features we are sure people will love). Good Luck everyone and once again thanks for the support!

valueality
  • valueality
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Something went wrong tonight with the auctions. For some reason an auction disappeared and we are looking into what cause it and will be refunding the bids on that auction and are watching the others to see if anything goes wrong with those and will take action accordingly. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

well i was sitting there watching your clock sucks it was at 22 seconds and just ended on the walmart card with 22 seconds while at least 10 bidders were trying to bid from all the names i counted between that card and amx card you were running at that time so not much of and auction if you ask me site needs to have some more bugs worked out and the amx auction was even more a joke what a waste ot time this was the bid button said sold a third of the time

angryraccoon
  • angryraccoon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

It seemed like there was also an issue with the bid butlers all firing at once. The clock also did not reset correctly after bids. I could not tell if that was just with the butler or both.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Images allowed is what makes angryraccoon HAPPY!!

valueality
  • valueality
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

The problem seems to be happening with all auctions ending and not adding time for some reason. We are stopping the bonus auction and refunding all the bids that were placed. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will keep everyone update on here and on the penny auction forums we have posted on. This didn't happen on the test runs we had so we are not sure what caused the problem and rest assured we are going to take care of it.

angryraccoon
  • angryraccoon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Good luck at least you had a good test that gave you some stuff to work on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Images allowed is what makes angryraccoon HAPPY!!

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

didnt even have a chance to place one bid well off to bid on sites that work let me no when its fixed like i said waste of time and should be voided out both of themif you want to be fair to the bidders who stuck around to hepl you with your site only to get the short end

valueality
  • valueality
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

I do apologize and the issues did not appear on the tests before we started these. We are crediting everyone's account that had bid tonight and really do apologize and will figure out what was causing the issued asap. We are also adding 5 Bonus Bids to everyone's account that was bidding tonight. I really do apologize once again and will keep everyone up to date with what is going on.

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

We have finished issuing the bids back to everyone's account the auctions are voided and will restart once the problem we has is fixed. If the Bids in your account is not correct please email us and we will take care of it. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience and will let everyone when we restart the teaser auctions. If anyone has any questions please email me @ support@valueality.com.

Windrider1967
  • Windrider1967
  • Members
  • 568 posts

I appreciate the fact that you did the right thing and voided the auctions. What you may want to do once you think the bugs are worked out is hold some live "test" auctions with your current user base and see how they run. No matter how well a test run goes sometimes the addition of live bidders will show what a system test does not. However you choose to do it I appreciate your honesty and the fact that you are trying to do the right thing

valueality
  • valueality
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Thank you for your comments and that does sound like a good idea on holding some test auctions. Hopefully we will have the bugs worked out in a day or so but with programming you never know. I will let everyone know what is going on and we take pride in our honesty :). We thank everyone for your support and apologize for the inconvenience.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

so thanks glad you told me everybody has 5 more bids then the players who didnt even get a chance to place a bid because the clock was so bad lol so wont waste my time

valueality
  • valueality
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Sorry Rexter, I am placing 5 Bonus Bids in your account

toolate
  • toolate
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Thanks for the update. I stayed up and placed bids and I saw the timmer issues :wacko:. I tried to take some screen shots and was only able to capture 2 on the AMEX card which ended but continued to accept bids and show different winners. I tried to send you an email last night with the screen shots but was not sure if you got them. It appears to be that you are on top of the issue :11:. Let us know if you want to do some live tests with your outside bidder base. I am sure that you will get a number of people interested in helping to work out the bugs before you go live. :cool:

valueality
  • valueality
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Ok everyone, we are running a few more tests and just and touching up some of the programming for the Timers and BidButler's. Would anyone like to help test the modifications with some Live Test Auctions? The Test Auctions will NOT be for real products and we will give out some Free Bids to who helps. Please email me @ support@valueality.com if you would like to help and we will run these on Saturday (1/15/11) starting @ noon CST.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

I forgot to add our that Registration is still open and we are still having our Drawings so Register with us and Confirm your account if you haven't done so!

jewiley
  • jewiley
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Ok everyone, we are running a few more tests and just and touching up some of the programming for the Timers and BidButler's. Would anyone like to help test the modifications with some Live Test Auctions? The Test Auctions will NOT be for real products and we will give out some Free Bids to who helps. Please email me @ support@valueality.com if you would like to help and we will run these on Saturday (1/15/11) starting @ noon CST.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

I forgot to add our that Registration is still open and we are still having our Drawings so Register with us and Confirm your account if you haven't done so!

Just registered. Hoping for good things! Best Wishes!

Jim

valueality
  • valueality
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Thanks Jim for your support and Good Luck for the drawings and once we launch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users