Started by YPW , Jan 03 2011 04:53 PM

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

YPW
  • YPW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

So what we are saying is that if the users are not from the "PAW" Click then you do not beleive it is legit? We have had hundreds of users from our local market that haden't even heard of Penny Auctions until we advertised immediately after a local News Channel did a story on Penny Auctions.

One more time, no shill bidding, no bots and you will have a fair playing field if you buy and bid.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Here is my assumption: You removed the bots and are claiming it's because your "regular power bidders" do not visit the site anymore and you quit advertising to your local market. Your auctions will go for just pennies because you are having to restart the way all PA's should- bot free! Some people may join your "new and improved" bot free site. I, for one, will not because it is UNETHICAL to use bots in the first place. Reformed or not, it is wrong.

You know what I think is unprofessional YPW? Using bots to scam people and take their money for your personal gain. Unprofessional and pathetic!

One more time, you're full of BS. ;) Take care!

Oh, P.S., "click" is what your mouse does, "clique" is what you are referring to PAW as, Mr./Mrs. Professional.

Edited by thisonesmine, 03 January 2011 - 09:25 PM.

YPW
  • YPW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Questions and Answers:

1) Has anyone posted that they purchased bids and lost out? NO
2) Has anyone purchased bids and provided positive feedback? YES
3) Have people posted complaining about the site when they either didn't bid at all or win with 10 free bids? YES
4) Did we ship the product brand new as requested to the winners? YES
5) Have we advertised heavily in our local market before even posting on PAW? YES
6) Did we do conescutive Local Radio Ads covering most of Central Kentucky for over 3 months? YES
7) Did we receive many users from our local non internet advertsing? YES

One more time, you are childish and unprofessional.
Thank you again for your acronym cursing, very professional.

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

YPW, may I ask you where in central ky, and what radio station.. I live very close to central ky..

YPW
  • YPW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

They are posted on my website, at the bottom as they have been for quite a long time. However, as I mentioned in my previous post, we stopped our advertising recently with them as it was expensive and we wanted to use that money for capital and continue to try national advertising via the Internet and communities.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

So if advertising in your local market brought you all those bidders and great success, why are you no longer targeting your local market?

Let's take a look at the first page or so of ended auctions, shall we?

PS Move Navigator- .39, .26, .40, .40, .35, .27, .31
LeapFrog- .40, .41, .66, .40, .61, .49
Carnival Games- 2.38, 1.96
20.00 PS Network Card- .39, .67, .42, .67
GoGear- 1.04, .90, .98
Eureka- 3.35, 3.56, 2.39, 3.04
Silicone Cases- .13, .14, .14, .12
Drill- 1.49, 1.28, 1.06

Do these numbers all look to be in the same range? I think so. And the same "person" didn't win a single auction. Show me that on another site.

One more time, you are pathetic and unprofessional.
Thank you again for your bot usage, very professional.
(Can't believe I just posted something so redundant. The things I'll do to make a point! *Sigh*)

YPW
  • YPW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

As I explained, the advertising was expensive and began to slow down after a while. It didn't seem to be a logical expense so we decided to stop with our new business plan. I think we can all agree we can argue all day, but I expect nothing but good feedback when we open back up(as long as people post their experience!).

Also, just for your listening pleasure, I have provided a link to the Radio Ad produced and ran for us.

Oh, and a bit of information to make you happy (I am sure), we did close 2010 with a loss.

Edited by YPW, 03 January 2011 - 10:07 PM.

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

LOL this thread is comedy. I love how over and over and over and OVER again PA owners will try to pull the wool over our eyes and try to turn around the conversation and make an argument based on "professionalism" or something completely pathetic or irrelevant to the topic at hand. We as bidders and members of PAW DO NOT have to be "professional". we can use txt language 2 right a post if we wnt. it doesnt matter what we do. u r the business owner n r supposed to b the 1 being professional. Bottom line though, YPW, thisonesmine has a right to her own opinion there is something called freedom of speech out there and she is using freely just as your are. I can say slanderous things about America, our government, our president, you, etc with no punishment because, it is my legal right. As you can see, trust is easier to loose than earn. You had a chance when you first started off to do what was right, ethical and "professional". You messed up according to thisonesmine's opinion. Plain and simple as that. Your comment toward her just posting to try and have the last word or post is funny because, your doing the SAME THING!!!

At any rate, I cannot comment either way about your site as I have never bid on there, but best of luck to ya with your re-grand opening.

do not read posts by rotary or never while sipping hot liquids

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

Hey rotary guy what about me.....I was pretty right and whats sad is i have bid there before only to get beat by some robot tail.
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!!:iamwithstupid:

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

Hey rotary guy what about me.....I was pretty right and whats sad is i have bid there before only to get beat by some robot tail.

lol sorry buddy. i just used thisonesmine because it was her and YPW having most of the conversation, but yes your comments about "sue me sue me sue me" among others were spot on. :)
oh and congrats to OU for their win on sat. what a beating uconn took! my family drove down from OK to my house to go to the game. i was nervous for you guys to choke given your bowl game record LOL and i LOVE your signature! :smilielol5: that has to be one of the funniest and truest statements i have read in a VERY VERY VERY long time

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

Yea still i think Landry Jones could have played better.....Plus its UCONN, their coach left today for Maryland.....He was smart knew when to get out remember TCU heads to the big east next year...........Oh sorry YPW you were promoting your "bot" free site.....Didn't mean to hijack

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

Yea still i think Landry Jones could have played better.....Plus its UCONN, their coach left today for Maryland.....He was smart knew when to get out remember TCU heads to the big east next year...........Oh sorry YPW you were promoting your "bot" free site.....Didn't mean to hijack

he is a smart man! TCU is going to change the big east. Jones could have played better, but all that you will remember next year and the year after that is that they won, thats the bottom line. :) i always end up hijacking threads...it happens LOL

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

Heres is an interesting fact of why OU fans are so hard on Jones....He has 15 ints....8 have been returned for TDS

rotaryguy
  • rotaryguy
  • Members
  • 1,368 posts

Heres is an interesting fact of why OU fans are so hard on Jones....He has 15 ints....8 have been returned for TDS

ouch, didnt know that. that hurts

YPW
  • YPW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

You placed 6 bids on a PS3 game and 4 Bids on a Playstation Move Nav Controller, your 10 Free Bids. You call that getting beat by robot tail? Again, people complaining they can't win with a 3, 5 or 8 or 10 bids.. and they were Free! I have used more than 6 bids before and never won, but I never complained because you can't always win.

I want to thank those who have already purchased Bid Packages, you will be happy and I hope you post your feedback here after we Re-Open!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users