Background Image

GetAwayBids.com is LIVE - The First Travel Penny Auction Site!

Started by getawaybids , Jan 03 2011 05:10 PM

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

getawaybids
  • getawaybids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

There are no additional travel fees unless you want to opt for travel insurance which is highly recommended but not required. Most destinations do not have any restricted dates, however if there are they will be listed in each individual auction.

LordVader
  • LordVader
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

I am VERY wary anytime I try to buy a bid pack and the purchase is "Under Review" by the processor???
I know they are new and all but I have had alot of business's and if this happens it is usually a sign of not good credit or business experience!! Plus the fact you may have to wait up to 24 hours for the bids you purchased. Also like stated above you have a HIGH end product and you but the cheapest script available......i would just watch before anyone "jumps" in to deep

getawaybids
  • getawaybids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

We've had bid pack purchases already with no other problems, so this may be an isolated situation. All bid packs purchased are automatically credited to your account instantly upon the payment being approved, which has been the case the majority of the time so far.

LordVader
  • LordVader
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

ok they got back to me pretty quick so good sign, I guess only time will tell....I will post as I see more! :>)

bidclosing
  • bidclosing
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

You have a paypal verified site yet I can't use Paypal to buy bids?

getawaybids
  • getawaybids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Our merchant account uses Paypal, but we have opted not to use it because of all the problems PA's have had with Paypal.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

The "processor" takes forever, and bids aren't instant credited.

Here is the email I got:
"Thank you for submitting your order for GetAwayBids.com ***** using Plimus. Your order is currently being reviewed by our staff for quality purposes, this process is usually completed within a few minutes, however, please allow up to 12 hours to hear back from us."

Who wants to wait up to 12 hours for bids? This is going to be a major disadvantage. What if someone gets deep into an auction and looses because you didn't approve a bid purchase?

getawaybids
  • getawaybids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

We certainly understand your concerns and we don't have any control over this as it's a security feature of our processor. We are working out the issue, but many payments are still going through ok.

flostradamos
  • flostradamos
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

did survey didn't get free bids but watching the 1st auction right now
My mom got in an argument at the car wash other lady said "get out of my face i don't know you" my mom said "google me b%tch" rofl she's 65 LOL

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

We certainly understand your concerns and we don't have any control over this as it's a security feature of our processor. We are working out the issue, but many payments are still going through ok.

20 minutes later and the bids still aren't there. I think I'd just like my money back. It makes me too nervous to operate on a site with that kind of payment processor. Like I said, what if I get into an auction and end up needing way more bids then I have? Then I lose because the payment didn't go through soon enough. I understand you should fill your account before bidding so that doesn't happen, but what if you need even more bids then you originally accounted for?

getawaybids
  • getawaybids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

did survey didn't get free bids but watching the 1st auction right now

Did you email us as instructed with the surveys completed?

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

20 minutes later and the bids still aren't there. I think I'd just like my money back. It makes me too nervous to operate on a site with that kind of payment processor. Like I said, what if I get into an auction and end up needing way more bids then I have? Then I lose because the payment didn't go through soon enough. I understand you should fill your account before bidding so that doesn't happen, but what if you need even more bids then you originally accounted for?

Completely understand. It's an isolated situation, but the nonetheless we'll honor your request.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Completely understand. It's an isolated situation, but the nonetheless we'll honor your request.

But I just read another post that had the same issue, so how is it isolated?

LordVader
  • LordVader
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

I agree with thisonesmine, I just did the first auction and got deep in and no chance of buying more bids, just wasted my money I feel like. Also seems strange the way the bidding is going, I know autobidders and all but when someone leaves for 10 minutes and you know they cant be buying more bids and then pops back in, I'm not saying anything bad just not my place to play I guess.

getawaybids
  • getawaybids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

But I just read another post that had the same issue, so how is it isolated?

We've had people buy bids with no problems, so it's isolated to a few users it appears. Not saying just one user.

I agree with thisonesmine, I just did the first auction and got deep in and no chance of buying more bids, just wasted my money I feel like. Also seems strange the way the bidding is going, I know autobidders and all but when someone leaves for 10 minutes and you know they cant be buying more bids and then pops back in, I'm not saying anything bad just not my place to play I guess.

People can buy more bids at anytime as users are credited instantly. Unfortunately it's not the case for everyone which maybe doesn't make it fair to them, but we have no control over the merchant's security processing. Sometimes it doesn't always work out waiting until the last minute to purchase your first bid pack.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Well if it works for some, that's good. I don't understand why they choose to isolate some users, but I guess that is not on you.

At any rate, I would like a refund. If it is not going to let me buy bids at any time, there is too much at risk.

Looks like the first auction is going well for you so far! :)

Edit: Oops! It just ended! Congrats to the winner.

getawaybids
  • getawaybids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I don't understand either, but we will be asking that to our merchant as well. Please email me your reference number and we'll refund you. Congrats to the winner as they got an incredible deal on this one.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Did you email us as instructed with the surveys completed?

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

This is not isolate and it is consistant with other sites that once used Plimius I HATE that procassor and would never bid with them again, bids are not instant and that is problematic. They happen to be one of the easier gatways to secure these are too high end of auctions to risk bidding with no way to reload. They will selectivly hold the transaction til they call you and verify you and this has happened 4 times to me with this company hence delaying the delivery of the bids. So you better buy a ton of bids just in case...

Also they mention Travel insureance, Travel inurance does not pay you on a percieved value of the trip but the amount you paid for it, Otherwise you are going to get scammers that win the trip buy the insurance get a Dr. note for some ailment that they cannot fly and then collect the cash. What kind of proof of purchase does the winner get? If I win a $4000 auction for say $20 am I going to get a reciept from a licensed travel agency for the $4000?

I know you have avoided my other question lets see if you answer this?

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Well if it works for some, that's good. I don't understand why they choose to isolate some users, but I guess that is not on you.

At any rate, I would like a refund. If it is not going to let me buy bids at any time, there is too much at risk.

Looks like the first auction is going well for you so far! :)

Edit: Oops! It just ended! Congrats to the winner.

it is random thus the problem Bidash used to use them

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

it is random thus the problem Bidash used to use them

I see. I've never bid on Bidash (or any site with the processor, for that matter). Who gives them the right to randomly select payments? Oh well. Doesn't really matter. I would definitely suggest a better processor with the amount of bids you're going to be selling. I'm sure realbidtowin and I are not the only two who feel uncomfortable not being able to buy bids when need be.

SaveDemBids
  • SaveDemBids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Bidtowin is right. I used to run an online company with Plimus (not even a PA) and they are absolutely the worst. Look elsewhere.

getawaybids
  • getawaybids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Appreciate the feedback on Plimus and we will be looking at other options, but my understanding is that many merchants are not allowing PA's. I'll check the other threads on this, but I don't know how up to date they are?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users