Background Image

GetAwayBids.com is LIVE - The First Travel Penny Auction Site!

Started by getawaybids , Jan 03 2011 05:10 PM

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

IAmHere2Stay
  • IAmHere2Stay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Well, I love travel auctions and want to give this one a try. I'll be a guinea pig. Getawaybids, I have a problem. I did register last night and haven't received a confirmation email. Therefore, I can't login and/or purchase bids. My user id is: Siddhartha. I emailed via your contact form but haven't heard anything back yet. Can you please help me get set up here?

marker228
  • marker228
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I was actually thinking of doing this myself, but of course I was looking at doing it right and getting the LLC setup and all licenses (travel agency etc.) You know what they say though you snooze you loose. Im hoping this is a scam site so I maybe can move forward with mine. If not maybe I can win that x

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 17 January 2011 - 06:06 AM.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

Its amazing to me how familiar bidders are actually still buying bids their and then losing the auction to a bot. There hasn't been a SINGLE real winner, everytime someone wants to win, the bot wins. I am reporting this site to the FTC immediately and it WILL be taken down sooner or later.

flostradamos
  • flostradamos
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

glad i was not on my comp to bid on anything the last few days looks like the sh$t hit the fan on this site this weekend
My mom got in an argument at the car wash other lady said "get out of my face i don't know you" my mom said "google me b%tch" rofl she's 65 LOL

LordVader
  • LordVader
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Here is the Latest......
Dear Customer,

As we ran our first auctions this past weekend, we have come to the decision that we are suspended all other auctions until this Friday 1/21/11. From here on out, we will only be auctioning off one travel auction per week so that we are able to continue to do business. We are also crediting each user that has registered 20 free bids and will still be auctioning off gift cards as well. Please check our site throughout the week for any new updates.

Regards,

GetAwayBids.com Staff

toolate
  • toolate
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

I was watching this site also, registered but didn't buy in yet. Thisonesmine said it right off when she questioned how they could offer soo many high end items on the first day! :S I would love hear :bigear: from the people who won! I recieved the same email as LordVader and checked my account. 20 bids were added, hope the site is around long enough to use them. I can not buy bids until I am sure this is a legit site and right now, to many ???????'s:wacko:.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

First of all, you have 5k worth of auctions up on the first day. (And similar items throughout the week). What happens if you take huge losses? Most sites start with 25 and 50 dollar gift cards. Hundreds of dollars is much easier to sustain than thousands.

I love being right.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

We are not like other auction sites that start out small as we are going for more unique and high value auctions.

I see that went well for ya.

hizluckygem
  • hizluckygem
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You know, I was weeks away from opening a travel site until yesterday when we discovered that the script company I was going to use appears to be up to no good. Now, I am frantically trying to find a reputable script that I can get asap. Any suggestions would be GREATFUL! I am not looking for the cheapest of scripts but did plan on putting some money into it. The script is the foundation of the business so I can't foresee not using a quality script.

However, I personally could and will answer all the questions you have to ask when the time comes. I did go the extra mile to become a travel agent, and do things on the up and up. I have nothing to hide. (That I know of ;o) My reasoning to do a site like this is to make travel dreams, reality for everyone. We will have a unique yet very rewarding structure and though I am busting at the seems to let it all out. I CAN'T YET! Ugh!

These sites really upset me. They make it very hard for people like me to open a LEGITIMATE site. My own intentions are very high for my site and with every fly by night scam that comes through it makes it that much harder to secure anyone's trust. I do expect new sites to have a few bugs that need to be corrected and you won't necessarily find them all until the site goes live, however, no legitimate company would evade answering simple questions. Sounds to me as if this site will go under quite quickly. I am not going to claim I know it all, because I am far from it, but I do know the difference between good and bad business. Although, I would like to believe they are here for the long haul they seem to be here attempting to get rich quick and appear to be failing at that. Maybe a lack of proper planning on their part as I have been researching for months and this is the first I have heard of them.

Hopefully this is not the case, as I hate to see anyone RIPPED OFF! As far as them being a competitor of mine...All I can say is NO WAY! We are on completely different spectrum's and besides being a penny auction travel site, our business practices and platform extras will surpass what is offered.

Please, if anyone can advise me of a competent script let me know.

Thanks

Smithfield
  • Smithfield
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

One of the closed auctions I went to was being translated from Malaysian to English? That's what my computer was telling me :S :oops::suspicious::notrust::detective:

LordVader
  • LordVader
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

I got an e-mail from them with a UPS tracking number that says an auction I won was shipped and should be here tomorrow..........we will see......

mojo
  • mojo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

getawaybids.com = gone = registrar landing page .. itsybid.com = closed but still hosted with a maintenance page .. there never seems to be any follow up to these sites that created a lot of interest ..

Edited by mojo, 07 November 2011 - 12:44 AM.
live links :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users