Started by markn902 , Jan 12 2011 07:09 PM

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

markn902
  • markn902
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Wow I am new and have spent some time reading threads here and it seems as if there is a whole lot of drama going on! Is this how it is? Today I have read about
1.A dishonest (apparently) or at least incompetent PA site
2.some sort of lie? made against PAW (see sticky post at top)
3. a vague reference to a post being deleted and the OP having it all backed up on word
4.a reminder not to agree to bid or not bid against each other or to egg others on etc...
5. a sticky post about paid sponsors

Seriously? I am new to PAs and was excited there was a forum for people that do them outside of the auctions for honest feedback but golly there is an awful lot of drama associated with this whole thing. IMO at least what I have read so far.

Am I out of line here? this is just an impression maybe I am not used to PAs. Just some feedback from a newer member...
:P
If it was easy everyone would do it!

tashamom3
  • tashamom3
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

I think this site is great it's great people here that helped me out with questions that i had when i sign up

Windrider1967
  • Windrider1967
  • Members
  • 568 posts

LOL - it's not ALL drama. You will find alot of good natured banter, valuable information, tips and tricks and info on different PA sites. Yes there is some drama, but this is a "pass time" that many ppl feel strongly about. Sometimes the drama illicits valuable info, sometimes it is good for a laugh, and sometimes it borderlines on nasty, but I think the overall positives here outweigh the negatives

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Life without drama would be pretty dull.
I don't consider the discussions here drama...there are real issues being discussed and sometimes the discussions can get a little heated.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

this is the best way to find out what sites are good and bad who is not shipping this is a great place to get info and just wait until you are hooked and somthing happends you dont like oryou never recieved your wins or put money into a site and have them close up you will be venting on here to lol

angryraccoon
  • angryraccoon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

On a forum where you vent and report on frustrations and problems with other websites/businesses/Penny Auctions and so on you will always get drama and arguments. They go hand and hand. Penny Auctions are some peoples livelihood (PA Owners) , other have invested money (players) and some may even sell goods that they win to keep the cycle going (wont create a name for them). Money is always a bone of contention so when its involved people will get heated. No one wants to get scammed or feel like they have been and that goes for the auction owners and players. Most of the time here people are level headed but at times anyone can break and go on a rant.

So learn all you can here as this is the best resource for trusted PA's and for getting tips. Ignore the drama but remember when you take a bad beat , score a big win , have winnings that are never delivered , get scammed you can always come here and vent (or brag).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Images allowed is what makes angryraccoon HAPPY!!

markn902
  • markn902
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

well I just did my first PA (with some free bids for signing up) and....this is just gambling...isn't it? I would say it's a form of gambling anyway. I am not judging anyones past-time to each their own. To me though it seems like gambling and what do they say in Vegas? "the house always wins" ...
It was fun though but I have never been much of a gambler.. oh well :)

Windrider1967
  • Windrider1967
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Not gambling in any way. In gambling the "house" is ultimately involved in the ultimate outcome ... through the deal, odds on a slot paying out, etc... In PAs every game has a winner, and it is not the house against the players. Blackjack - either you win, or the house wins. Same in slots. Even the lottery doesn't guarantee a winner in each draw. The only ppl you are playing against are the other bidders, and in an auction with a buy it now option you even get all your bid money back if you purchase from the site.

DEFINATLY nothing to equate PAs with gambling from what I have seen.

markn902
  • markn902
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Not gambling in any way. In gambling the "house" is ultimately involved in the ultimate outcome ... through the deal, odds on a slot paying out, etc... In PAs every game has a winner, and it is not the house against the players. Blackjack - either you win, or the house wins. Same in slots. Even the lottery doesn't guarantee a winner in each draw. The only ppl you are playing against are the other bidders, and in an auction with a buy it now option you even get all your bid money back if you purchase from the site.

DEFINATLY nothing to equate PAs with gambling from what I have seen.

I stand corrected

jassaal
  • jassaal
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I am new person in this forum, i want to advised all members of this forum,
Hitler says"
"I suggest to do war but never love because

in war either you live or you die but in love