• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

save_yourself
  • save_yourself
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks Nicole and The Smart Bid,

What I like most about this auction site, is knowing the owners are not making extravagant amounts off of each auction. Do the math, and you will see many of the other auction sites are making thousands of dollars off of each auction. The Smart Bid does not gouge the customer like this, and assumes a percentage of each auction.

Strategy is everything here. Learn the game. I have won multiple items here. Customer service is prompt and top notch.

Very fair company. You guys are great.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hi save-yourself, :welcome: to PAW! We're glad you joined us and hope you like it here!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I have to say...I started at TheSmartBid.com, and like life...I have come full circle. This site is fun, different and exciting. They have great customer service, and shipping is awesome. But, by full circle I mean....I started here, Smartbid had just opened....I went and looked for bigger, better sites. I recently was burned by PennyTarget....I gave up on auctions, except two I trusted, then I remembered TheSmartBid...ah a faithful old friend, never let me down...so why did I ever leave? I don't know. But now I'm back. I don't forget the sites I once trusted, and so now I have gone full circle. Thank God they are there for me. My user name their is Smartypants!

vermon1112
  • vermon1112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

This site is outstanding. It is so much fun. Here it is all about strategy, you don't have to worry about powerbidders. You play the way you want to, and it's all a fair playing field, because anyone can win, you just have to have strategy and time. I've had so much fun since I started playing just yesterday, and I'm already winning :) I hope more people find out about this site and enjoy it just as much as I do. Customer service is great, and Nicole answers all of my questions. I think everyone that is looking for a new and fairer way of bidding should come here, trust me when I say you WILL have fun. One thing I do recommend is do your research, make sure you understand all the rules, and if you have any questions just contact support and I'm sure Nicole will do a superb job at addressing your questions. If your new to the site, I hope you have fun and good luck! :)

"No one can make you feel inferior
without your consent"
Eleanor Roosevelt

straycat239
  • straycat239
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I have been playing on Smartbid for a couple of weeks now, I haven't won anything yet, but I am learning. I must say that they have great customer service, now I just need to get the hang of it, but so far I like it

flyingostate
  • flyingostate
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I did have a question and an opinion (for whatever it matters)...

Question: Is there anyway to scroll the bid board using apple products such as iPhone or iPad? They seem to be the only devices that don't display a scroll bar so I can see more than just 1-40.
Opinion: I don't like bids ending in .99 cents. Account ends up with dollar figues and cents now and just seemed easier when everything ended in 00's. I don't mind bid risk free went from half to just over ( 1.5 to 1.99) but why not just make auction $2 bid risk free and $3 closing soon?

Don't get me wrong still love the site!!!

COSTdriver
  • COSTdriver
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

I did have a question and an opinion (for whatever it matters)...

Question: Is there anyway to scroll the bid board using apple products such as iPhone or iPad? They seem to be the only devices that don't display a scroll bar so I can see more than just 1-40.
Opinion: I don't like bids ending in .99 cents. Account ends up with dollar figues and cents now and just seemed easier when everything ended in 00's. I don't mind bid risk free went from half to just over ( 1.5 to 1.99) but why not just make auction $2 bid risk free and $3 closing soon?

Don't get me wrong still love the site!!!

I know this is late and you probably already know, but you have to use both hands and kinda stretch the screen down. hold the board with one finger and scroll down with the other

I havent posted on this site in a while, but I do want to say that I have done pretty well on this site, and as far as shipping and customer service goes, this site is top notch! The owners send out ALL winnings in a timely manner, and when there is an issue the company is organized enough to have different areas that deal with different issues.

My advice to new people, start out small and get a feel for how you want to play. Everybody has their own strategy and like some one else said, the playing field is level, so anybody can win.

I recently won a cruise and I had a frivolous request with it (in my opinion) and the site actually took it into consideration and honored it. that was pretty cool.

dip your feet in the water to see what its about!

TadaClurl
  • TadaClurl
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hello I want to say hi all of you. I'm first here
-
obraczki slubne books parenting books parenting

SmartBid
  • SmartBid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Thanks TadaClurl! For bidding strategy hints, check out an awesome article muchomaas wrote on PAW Tips to Win on SmartBid

Also we are running All bids back auctions starting tomorrow - win or get all your bids back on seasons hottest gifts inclusinf ipad 2, iphone 4S, LED HDTVs and many more - Good luck!

Ian Fisher
  • Ian Fisher
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hello everybody!
Wanted to share with you guys my (great) experience with a penny auction site thesmartbid.com!

Registration took 2 mins. Went very smooth and received 3$ bonus sign up credits!

To my surprise I actually won a beginner's auction (for a 10$ amazon GC + 10$ in bids) with the bonus dollars!

Tried paying for it but paypal always gave an error! I will admit I was suspicious about the site at this time! But the customer service was great and they understood the genuineness of my problem and gave me an extension on the expiration of the win. Few days later the issue got resolved and I finally paid ($0.09) for my auction win!

My account was immediately credited with 10$ in bids. Now i thought that the amazon GC would be sent electronically (normal on other sites) but I was wrong. They send it via free ground shipping. So i had to again talk to te customer service to let me change my address to the correct one. They say they will have it fixed for me (which even I am sure of).

Overall a great experience considering the misunderstandings!
Will update on what finally happens!

PS: They are BBB accredited!

Ian Fisher
  • Ian Fisher
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Please reply!
username: ianfisher

Ian Fisher
  • Ian Fisher
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

PLEASE REPLY SMARTBID!

Hi
Its been about 3 weeks since my order was supposedly put in the shipping log. A week since I tried to contact you about why my order is still pending. I have also tried to contact you via the PAW forum keeping aside multiple emails to your support. But unfortunately neither have i received a response nor my order.

Please let me know what is going on and please be fast about it.

Hooping for a quick reply!
Thanks!

username: ianfisher

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks for sharing this. Look fwd to seeing their response.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Ian Fisher
  • Ian Fisher
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I cant seem to understand whats wrong with SMARTBID!
I tried to contact them on facebook but just realized that they have hid my comment from public! So they have seen my comment but chose to hide it instead of answering.
Just raising more and more RED FLAGS!

Here's the proof that i posted my comment:
http://i47.tinypic.com/n187cl.png

Try going on their FB page and see for yourself that they have hidden it!

Ian Fisher
  • Ian Fisher
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hello everyone!
First of all SMARTBID IS LEGIT.

They finally replied and sent me a 10$ paypal credit instead of the 10$ amazon.ca card. This was requested by me and they were also more comfortable with paypal since Amazon Canada does not ship gift cards below $15. Yes there was a big delay in getting my order shipped but I feel there was a genuine problem which has now been taken care of. The only thing is that the customer service could have been better. Otherwise i can give them a 9/10.
Overall, I can vouch for Smartbid and guarantee that this is a legit site. Below is the proof of me receiving my won auction:
http://i49.tinypic.com/10crdhd.png

PS: Their BBB rating is A-

laurakeppel
  • laurakeppel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi SmartBid participants. Has anyone else noticed a huge decline in quality of service with the site over the last couple of months? I love this site and Nicole is tremendous, but lately the site is down as much as it is up and all my emails are now being answered by folks other than Nicole. Don't get me wrong, they seem nice enough, but when Nicole was involved, issues were resolved quickly and very much to my satisfaction.

Any comments out there?

godfather1971
  • godfather1971
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

DO NOT become a victim in this bidding system.
You will see some "power bidders" winning iPad or $700 Amazon gift card spending 12 bids or 30 bids.
However, No matter what you do, this will never happen to you..
It apprears that there are a group of bidders engaging in collusion with another members to take advantage of winning the game with less bids.

Let's check more in details. Here is how they do..

1. The group in Collusion - Let's call the players in that group A, B, C, D & E -will start to block the available spots.
They block most of the available spots using free bids.
For example, New iPad($500) has total 347 bids, "Closing soon" stage at 190 bids, and "Last call" stage at around 110 bids.
A-25 spots with free bids
B-25 spots with free bids
C-25 spots with free bids
D-25 spots with free bids
E-25 spots with free bids
YOU - 25 spots with free bids

2. At this point, the auction turns into the "Closing Soon" stage.
From here, there are two options.
Option A - The group starts to reserve the rest of available spots using minimal bids. Let's say, Player A will use 50 more bids to make you outbid, and reserve 50 more spots. Player B will use 50 more bids to reserve even more spots. When this happens, people will think that they are competing each other, but they are just reserving more spots so they can ensure thier winning. Let's check now.. They already reserved 125 at Free bid stage, and they reserved 100 more spots(This will actual their cost to win. 100 bids X $3.00 = $300. Why? that's because the free bids will be credited back to the players if they don't win). Ok.. now they reserved around 225 spots, and you were outbidded(no more unique bids). If you want to win, you will need to place 200 more bids which will cost $600 which is more than the price itself($500 is the price.. If you still want to pay this, go ahead). Furthermore, you can't even place that many bids, since the group already placed 100 bids which leave you to place only 120 more bids.
Now, A,B,C,D,E will be just waiting until "Honest bidders" fill the rest of bids. and the winner will be one of A,B,C,D,E. If A or B wins, only spent 50 bids. If C,D,E wins, WOW they spent only 25 bids. They can share the profit now, or they don't have to if one person or family has all that accounts. :)
But, again this will never happen to you unless you do the same way how they did.

Option B - They will just wait until "Honest Bidders" palce the bids until the auction goes into the "Last Call" stage. In that stage, there will be only 50 to 100 bids can be placed before the auction ends. But, remember, they already reserved most of spots and easy to outbid you using 50 - 90 bids even though you reserved/outbidded from 1 to 200 since they already have 125 and just need 76 more(56 bids, and 20 last bids at a time), right? IF that bidder wins, he will only spend 50-90(Less than $300). Even though he can't, the other member will win at 25 bids. You will still be the loser after spending $450.

I observed this auction for a while, and concluded that there is no way to win any good looking items competing these players.
I stopped playing in this site any more, but it was after I lost lots of money.. I just wanted to let everyone knows how can this site might be a legit site they don't do anything with these players even though they know all this cheating..

Lastly I want to list and share the suspicious Players (aka. Player A,B,C,D,E). Please check how they play, and let everyone know your thought..

Barbeedoll, DumbBlonde, KvakSki, LittleBids, MeGrokYou, ckOne, warrior_csm, deft.

Edited by godfather1971, 26 June 2013 - 04:14 AM.

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

DO NOT become a victim in this bidding system.
You will see some "power bidders" winning iPad or $700 Amazon gift card spending 12 bids or 30 bids.
However, No matter what you do, this will never happen to you..
It apprears that there are a group of bidders engaging in collusion with another members to take advantage of winning the game with less bids.

Let's check more in details. Here is how they do..

1. The group in Collusion - Let's call the players in that group A, B, C, D & E -will start to block the available spots.
They block most of the available spots using free bids.
For example, New iPad($500) has total 347 bids, "Closing soon" stage at 190 bids, and "Last call" stage at around 110 bids.
A-25 spots with free bids
B-25 spots with free bids
C-25 spots with free bids
D-25 spots with free bids
E-25 spots with free bids
YOU - 25 spots with free bids

2. At this point, the auction turns into the "Closing Soon" stage.
From here, there are two options.
Option A - The group starts to reserve the rest of available spots using minimal bids. Let's say, Player A will use 50 more bids to make you outbid, and reserve 50 more spots. Player B will use 50 more bids to reserve even more spots. When this happens, people will think that they are competing each other, but they are just reserving more spots so they can ensure thier winning. Let's check now.. They already reserved 125 at Free bid stage, and they reserved 100 more spots(This will actual their cost to win. 100 bids X $3.00 = $300. Why? that's because the free bids will be credited back to the players if they don't win). Ok.. now they reserved around 225 spots, and you were outbidded(no more unique bids). If you want to win, you will need to place 200 more bids which will cost $600 which is more than the price itself($500 is the price.. If you still want to pay this, go ahead). Furthermore, you can't even place that many bids, since the group already placed 100 bids which leave you to place only 120 more bids.
Now, A,B,C,D,E will be just waiting until "Honest bidders" fill the rest of bids. and the winner will be one of A,B,C,D,E. If A or B wins, only spent 50 bids. If C,D,E wins, WOW they spent only 25 bids. They can share the profit now, or they don't have to if one person or family has all that accounts. :)
But, again this will never happen to you unless you do the same way how they did.

Option B - They will just wait until "Honest Bidders" palce the bids until the auction goes into the "Last Call" stage. In that stage, there will be only 50 to 100 bids can be placed before the auction ends. But, remember, they already reserved most of spots and easy to outbid you using 50 - 90 bids even though you reserved/outbidded from 1 to 200 since they already have 125 and just need 76 more(56 bids, and 20 last bids at a time), right? IF that bidder wins, he will only spend 50-90(Less than $300). Even though he can't, the other member will win at 25 bids. You will still be the loser after spending $450.

I observed this auction for a while, and concluded that there is no way to win any good looking items competing these players.
I stopped playing in this site any more, but it was after I lost lots of money.. I just wanted to let everyone knows how can this site might be a legit site they don't do anything with these players even though they know all this cheating..

Lastly I want to list and share the suspicious Players (aka. Player A,B,C,D,E). Please check how they play, and let everyone know your thought..

Barbeedoll, DumbBlonde, KvakSki, LittleBids, MeGrokYou, ckOne, warrior_csm, deft.

do you think the collusion happens amongst a group of friends or did random players, who didn't know each other's true identity, figure out a way to team up?
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

godfather1971
  • godfather1971
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It could be either case.. It looks like that they are communicating somehow..
They used to target at higher price auctions($200+), but they all together are attacking lower priced items($50) starting about 2 weeks ago since the site was running slow.. they are sweeping out pretty much all the auctions now.

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Thanks for the update. Can you tell if there is any way they could learn each other's identity on the site? I ask because we are working on similar site and want to prevent collusion as much as we can.
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customer service, free bids, great site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users