Started by CashCow , Jan 28 2011 02:19 PM

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

CashCow
  • CashCow
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I just got an email from Penny Target apologizing for their recent website issues. The problem is they included the email addresses of all their members in the header of the email. I don't know about you guys but I don't want my email address distributed to other bidders. Especially those of you that use your username in your email, Penny Target had just given everyone a direct line to you. Thoughts?

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

Its happened before so its not a huge deal....They def should not be doing that but mistakes happen.......Just email them and let them know....Alot of people may have not known if there was not post...Just shoot them an email..
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!!:iamwithstupid:

CashCow
  • CashCow
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

With all due respect, isn't that the point of this forum? To inform people so they can make wise decisions?

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

Oh yeah it is dont take it like i was coming after you.......Wow i just noticed it but i don't think they did it on purpose.....I just didnt want people going to intentionally look for it now to find emails when otherwise they wouldnt have.......Alot of pa's have done this before......I apologize if you took me wrong

Edited by TyWin7, 28 January 2011 - 02:46 PM.

CashCow
  • CashCow
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

No problem and I do understand your point. The only reason I noticed was it took a while to scroll down through all of the names to read the message on my iPhone.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

yes i got the email to but the funny thing is they have user names on 4 and they all end @pennytarget

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

yes i got the email to but the funny thing is they have user names on 4 and they all end @pennytarget

I noticed that as well, but wasn't going to say anything just yet.

"notyours@pennytarget.com"
"onemoretime@pennytarget.com"
"jansays@pennytarget.com"

Anyone ever bid against these names on PT?

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

yes and there is other auction sites bidding on this site one from the uk yes i have[ one more time] ran me up thats why i took another look

amcoffee
  • amcoffee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Anyone ever bid against these names on PT?

Good question...

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

That was the first thing I noticed when I got the email. I only bid on the site once, before they went down, and haven't been back because they still have such major problems and a crappy script. I HOPE those user names were not bidding on live auctions..

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

That was the first thing I noticed when I got the email. I only bid on the site once, before they went down, and haven't been back because they still have such major problems and a crappy script. I HOPE those user names were not bidding on live auctions..

I'm almost certain I've seen all of them.

TyWin7
  • TyWin7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 921 posts

Wait a minute i bid against notyours.......When i won the 25 you pick and took a screenshot and then it sarted back up she was the "winner".....WOW

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Wait a minute i bid against notyours.......When i won the 25 you pick and took a screenshot and then it sarted back up she was the "winner".....WOW

Surprise, surprise!

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I think I had bid against Jansays once.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

I think I had bid against Jansays once.

I have, too, because I thought "Hm, weird name". Busted............

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

This is NOT good...

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

This is NOT good...

Nope. I just sent them an email saying they better refund my money before I take legal action.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

looks like we can add to the scumbag list

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks for your keen eye, rexter!

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

With all due respect, isn't that the point of this forum? To inform people so they can make wise decisions?

Exactly the point! :welcome:!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

flykel
  • flykel
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

I would like pennytarget to address this! I put 50 bids or so on the TV auction the other night against notyours. Diva74 jumped in and I backed out cause I had some family issues to take care of. I went back to check and saw Diva74 won the auction. So is notyours a shill bidder that kept me from winning the TV? I have also went against onemoretime. SO are these shill bidders by pennytarget? Someone explain and PT please address this! Thanks, flykel
Stay Thirsty my Friends!!! :cheers2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users