like to see what they have to say!!:cuss:

Chris_pp
  • Chris_pp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Can you say BUSTED!!
like to see what they have to say!!:cuss:

They can't answer yet... They are probably thinking about what they'll say to explain this ;)

flykel
  • flykel
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

I agree Chris. This pisses me off (sorry admin) but son could have really used that TV!
Stay Thirsty my Friends!!! :cheers2:

tashamom3
  • tashamom3
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Well i want be biding on there site anymore sites like that give the good penny sites bad name

houla
  • houla
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Wow, I had a weird feeling earlier this week about this site, which is why I have tried to email them several times. I'm definitely a very unhappy camper right now. :fuming:

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

you guys are welcome

houla
  • houla
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

So, you're the messenger-should've have read top posts better. Thanks for the heads up, I received the email, but after working all night I didn't pay attention to the 'entire' email

tnsko123
  • tnsko123
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

I just got home and found this thread! I am emailing Kurt right now to see what he has to say about this.

tnsko123

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

What a shame. Just another rookie whose karma came around and slapped him/her in the face. Honestly, how embarrassing is this?

Prediction: They'll be gone in a month.

AuctionJunky
  • AuctionJunky
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

First of all I haven't responded because I was at my day job.

We have installed and deleted and installed again numerous programs to get our site running right. Tech support for our new program said we are getting a ghosting effect from all the old software we had and it needed to be reprovisioned and then everything reinstalled. I backed up our sql file and downloaded it to my computer. Tech support was handling the reinstall this time. When everything was coming back up I wanted to send an email to let everyone know an update. I opened up the database and found that several emails, phone numbers, addresses etc were blank or they had garbage in their field. So I thought to myself, "How do I flag these members so when I upload the member list into the new data base I can tell which members I needed to contact?" And I thought the best way was to use their username@pennytarget.com for an email and to fill in any phone numbers, addresses and DOB etc with mine. I wasn't trying to hide anything or swindle anyone. I thought it was a great idea. I couldnt leave anything blank because I thought it would throw one of those dam big red sql errors that I kept getting the last time I tried uploading to the data base. If anyone knows php they will know what error I am talking about. I dont't know php so I thought I was doing the right thing to avoid everyone having to re-sign up. AGAIN. There was no dishonesty here folks. I do apologize from the bottom of my heart to give out everyones emails. The only bright side is that was only one page and I planned to send out the rest of the emails tonight so I thank you for letting me know about this.

The people you mentioned are real people. I think one of them is a member here, although I don't know for sure but I have seen some of the posts and it makes me think that. Taking the advise from someone in this post I will make contact with the other two and invite them to join PAW. I would like to see if they update their account first and then email them so it may take some time. I do have addresses though.

So do what you want with my reply. I cannot reply to all the responses here. I felt I was doing the right thing with the database. I could not send a newsletter from the website because I was waiting on a response from tech support asking if he was going to upload the memeber list or did he want me to. That why I had to send it the way I did. As far as sending us emails we did not get any emails while the server was being reprovisioned.

As far as the TV the winner was a real person to who also plays on other sites.

Rexter I haven't anything to say to you except you claim that you have never received any of your wins from us and filed a dispute with PayPal. We received your paypal dispute and sent them tracking numbers for your items you won plus contacted the gift card company and forwarded paypal with your purchase history of where and how much you have spent on each card. You had to sign for your purchases Mike. If you want to accuse people of being dishonest please look in the mirror first. The first day we went live we had two other penny auction sites email us warning what kind of scams you run. We gave you the benefit of the doubt. Well we live and learn don't we.

I am going to upload the member list now on our new server. Any people that wish to be deleted off of our data base just send me an email with your user name and I will take care of it. You will still be shipped your wins so don't think you have to stick around until they arrive. We will miss you but wish you the best.

Those of you who would like to stay I say thank you for believing in us. We plan on being around for a long time. We have shipped out many wins in the little time we have been open to many of you people on here. And look forward to sending out a lot more.

Once again I am sorry for everyone knowing everyones emails. I wasn't trying to do any harm. And I really thought I had a good idea for the lost data problem to. I wasn't trying to hide anything just trying to work my way through the issue I was having.

-AuctionJunky

angryraccoon
  • angryraccoon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

We have installed and deleted and installed again numerous programs to get our site running right. Tech support for our new program said we are getting a ghosting effect from all the old software we had and it needed to be reprovisioned and then everything reinstalled. I backed up our sql file and downloaded it to my computer. Tech support was handling the reinstall this time. When everything was coming back up I wanted to send an email to let everyone know an update. I opened up the database and found that several emails, phone numbers, addresses etc were blank or they had garbage in their field. So I thought to myself, "How do I flag these members so when I upload the member list into the new data base I can tell which members I needed to contact?" And I thought the best way was to use their username@pennytarget.com for an email and to fill in any phone numbers, addresses and DOB etc with mine. I wasn't trying to hide anything or swindle anyone. I thought it was a great idea. I couldnt leave anything blank because I thought it would throw one of those dam big red sql errors that I kept getting the last time I tried uploading to the data base. If anyone knows php they will know what error I am talking about. I dont't know php so I thought I was doing the right thing to avoid everyone having to re-sign up. AGAIN. There was no dishonesty here folks. I do apologize from the bottom of my heart to give out everyones emails. The only bright side is that was only one page and I planned to send out the rest of the emails tonight so I thank you for letting me know about this.

The people you mentioned are real people. I think one of them is a member here, although I don't know for sure but I have seen some of the posts and it makes me think that. Taking the advise from someone in this post I will make contact with the other two and invite them to join PAW. I would like to see if they update their account first and then email them so it may take some time. I do have addresses though.

So do what you want with my reply. I cannot reply to all the responses here. I felt I was doing the right thing with the database. I could not send a newsletter from the website because I was waiting on a response from tech support asking if he was going to upload the memeber list or did he want me to. That why I had to send it the way I did. As far as sending us emails we did not get any emails while the server was being reprovisioned.

Rexter I haven't anything to say to you except you claim that you have never received any of your wins from us and filed a dispute with PayPal. We received your paypal dispute and sent them tracking numbers for your items you won plus contacted the gift card company and forwarded paypal with your purchase history of where and how much you have spent on each card. You had to sign for your purchases Mike. If you want to accuse people of being dishonest please look in the mirror first. The first day we went live we had two other penny auction sites email us warning what kind of scams you run. We gave you the benefit of the doubt. Well we live and learn don't we.

I am going to upload the member list now on our new server. Any people that wish to be deleted off of our data base just send me an email with your user name and I will take care of it. You will still be shipped your wins so don't think you have to stick around until they arrive. We will miss you but wish you the best.

Those of you who would like to stay I say thank you for believing in us. We plan on being around for a long time. We have shipped out many wins in the little time we have been open to many of you people on here. And look forward to sending out a lot more.

Once again I am sorry for everyone knowing everyones emails. I wasn't trying to do any harm. And I really thought I had a good idea for the lost data problem to. I wasn't trying to hide anything just trying to work my way through the issue I was having.

-AuctionJunky

Thanks for the explanation. I am very sorry that you have so many issues. You are going to have to deal with the shadow of doubt for a while. The good thing is that there are many venues that your bidders can come from. You can also redeem your name here as others have. Run an honest site , communicate , send out winnings quick and soon you will hear no complaints.

As I have said before I have won at your site and received everything . -except for the wins in the last week ;) I am willing to give it another go.

Just be aware that people are watching every move and every auction. With so many sites going out of business , using shill bidders and practicing other shady tricks how can you blame anyone for being skeptical and highly suspiscious . Anyways best of luck and cheers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Images allowed is what makes angryraccoon HAPPY!!

tnsko123
  • tnsko123
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

-AuctionJunky

Thanks for the response and the update Kurt. I too hate that you have had so many problems but that is the nature of the beast sometimes. Everything the Angryraccoon said in the above post, I second. Come back strong and continue to be up front.

I, for one, will attest that you have communicated with me as well, and actually better, than some sites I play on that have been around a long time and are honest so I have no complaints about that. Also, I thank you for sending me all of my wins from the first go around and do not doubt you will continue to ship quickly in the future.

BTW, remember I will need my email changed through your site when you are back up and running so post here please when you are able to receive emails and work on changes in the accounts. Thanks Kurt and hang in there.

tnsko123

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hi AuctionJunky - Will those 3 real people consent to letting you prove they bought bids/items?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

If Kurt/AuctionJunky is the real owner of pennytarget, and if he is telling the truth, then I think I owe an apology. That being said, I apologize Kurt for being so direct in my post above. I'm usually not so quick to believe suspicions until further proof/evidence has rised, but just like angryraccoon said, with all the fraudulent activity going around lately and so many PA sites closing up shop, it was a fair conclusion to jump to. I am not a member of your site and I don't have anything against you, so if you're telling the truth, then I'm sorry. However, there will be others who won't believe what you are saying, so in order to clear your name completely, I recommend going about doing something that Amanda has suggested above. Just a thought. Hope you get everything sorted out!

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

thanks for my winsi received this week, you've been great in my dealings with you, i hope you turn out to be honest.
You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy.

AuctionJunky
  • AuctionJunky
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Thank you for the nice comments. I have been sick to my stomach over this whole thing. I appreciate giving us the benefit of the doubt. Nobody owes us an apology though. I would have thought the same thing. I was one of the biggest complainers on the TinTin thread and I never even played there before. I just hope my explanation made a little sense. Anyone on here that worked with phpmyadmin probably understood it a little better.

Amanda, I will try contacting them tomorrow after my sons wrestling tournament. What do you want me to ask them though? I don't know what you meant in your post. I thought one of them was a member here already but I'm not sure.

I hope everyone will stick around with us. We are looking forward to the little things in life. Like timers that work and a program that actually matches up our winners with what they won.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks AuctionJunky, well - not sure you can provide proof of payment or shipment, but we all find it odd that your paying customers had e-mail addresses @ pennytarget.com.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

AuctionJunky
  • AuctionJunky
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

That was the whole problem. They had emails but there were fields left blank when I backed up the data base. So what I did was opened it up and went through and filled in all the blanks or some fields just had a bunch of junk like numbers, letters and symbols. I thought that when I uploaded it back to the new data base it would give me a red SQL data error message that I have run into a hundred times from doing it before. Thats why I did what I did. So when I went through the member list my information would stick out like a sore thumb for me. I was trying to make it like a reminder list or to-do list for me. So when I seen bogus info I new I needed to follow up on it. I don't think I'm explaining it right but it makes sense in my head.

angryraccoon
  • angryraccoon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

I understand what you are saying. What Amanda is asking is when you contact the bidders if you could ask them to come on here. That way they can confirm whom they are and if they are legit and not shill bidders. While it is not a simple task to prove that they bought bids and won auctions there is still a few things that they can answer to help with any doubt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Images allowed is what makes angryraccoon HAPPY!!

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

-AuctionJunky

no get this i said i got 2 cards from you the rest is all bull **** i mailed and got a song and dance from you and if you go back read the threads all the same thing you never gave me back the bids or put up the bids in likee you said you tried once and it crashed thats the last song and dance so i also called mastercrd just to let you no and they will charge paypal so after 20 somthing emails and you coming out here saying you took care of it is a lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie liel

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

dude you are so ful of it yes and if it is the 2 sites you are talking about they are gone because they were scumbags owners that got caught pulling bs and the funny thingin 2 years you are the third claim i ever did one a site was up one day and gone the next the second was bidwat and you and i did drop the on agianst bid wat because they did the rite thing read the thread post after post your just bs everybody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users