Started by CashCow , Jan 28 2011 02:19 PM

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Anybody know the email to use for contacting PT? I e-mailed twice but no response, so I think he may be having email problems? I never did get the Patient bids? Anyone else still without them too?

HelpDesk@PennyTarget.com maybe

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I did send several emails with no response, and after everything I read...honestly I started getting worried. But then I heard from Kurt this morning, and have been talking to him off and on all day. I had one item from back when they first went live that I have not received. He sent it out immediately. He also went over all my wins with me and explained everything that was going on. I was upset, but he quickly reassured me and calmed me down. I feel they are good to go now, and once they get everyone's items out, things will be great. I ended by telling him, that even though I enjoy talking to him, I hope I don't have to for a while, meaning that there are no more questions or problems. I won again tonight. I Love this site, I hope ya'll give them a chance, things have worked out great for me. I know it is hard to be patient with a new site, especially when they keep having to go down, but at least they come back! I am sticking with them and have faith that I will get all my items. I'll let you know. I have 7 items as of now that I am waiting on and two I know were sent out today.

AuctionJunky
  • AuctionJunky
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Hi Everyone,
I figured out today the email problem. For some reason we were getting a lot of emails sent to our Junk Email folder. I have noidea why either. It's strange because some will end up there with the same email provider as someone else and theirs goes to the inbox. So now I check the junk folder all the time and when I get them sent there I tell Outlook it's a safe sender so it doesn't happen again. I responded to a lot of those emails today to make sure their questions were answered. Looks like our site isn't having any issues. Usually by this time we are shutting it down again to fix a bug or to change scripts again. I think were golden now.

tnsko123
  • tnsko123
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Hi Everyone,
I figured out today the email problem. For some reason we were getting a lot of emails sent to our Junk Email folder. I have noidea why either. It's strange because some will end up there with the same email provider as someone else and theirs goes to the inbox. So now I check the junk folder all the time and when I get them sent there I tell Outlook it's a safe sender so it doesn't happen again. I responded to a lot of those emails today to make sure their questions were answered. Looks like our site isn't having any issues. Usually by this time we are shutting it down again to fix a bug or to change scripts again. I think were golden now.

Things seem to be running smoothly now....knock on wood. Thanks for your persistence and hard work on this. Keep it up and you will have a very successful site. Remember, great things never come easy.....takes alot of hard work, determination, and a little luck here and there. :coolgleamA::coolgleamA::coolgleamA:

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I've been winning my limit each night. Love it. Getting emails that my items shipped to...can't wait to get some stuff!!!!

ford351
  • ford351
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Anybody know the email to use for contacting PT? I e-mailed twice but no response, so I think he may be having email problems? I never did get the Patient bids? Anyone else still without them too?

I didn't get them either, the code would not work for me, I emailed them, but have not heard anything back from them yet.

angryraccoon
  • angryraccoon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

I've been winning my limit each night. Love it. Getting emails that my items shipped to...can't wait to get some stuff!!!!

I am also doing well on this site. Massive deals to be found (but do not feel encouraged to join as I want them all to myself ). People who have passed up this site should give it a second look. (Angryraccoon's Kiss of Death ? )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Images allowed is what makes angryraccoon HAPPY!!

PennyWatcher
  • PennyWatcher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I am also doing well on this site. Massive deals to be found (but do not feel encouraged to join as I want them all to myself ). People who have passed up this site should give it a second look. (Angryraccoon's Kiss of Death ? )

I know right!? It's soooo much fun to win sooooooooo much!!! LOL But, if more people don't come in, they won't make it. So we have to have a few people come. LOL

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Anyone else seen those 3 bidders bidding since the relaunch? Seems odd that they would stop after all the bidding they did beforehand.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Anyone else seen those 3 bidders bidding since the relaunch? Seems odd that they would stop after all the bidding they did beforehand.

LOL get OUT of my head!!!
Scammers suck :(

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

LOL get OUT of my head!!!

:scooter::bigsmile:

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

AuctionJunky...can I make a suggestion? Use a service to send out your emails...constant contact...mailchimp...etc. They all send individual emails and track unsubscribes...as well as clicks, opens, etc. The cost is negligible. And it prevents things like this from occuring.

An ounce of prevention.

Personally I've never been a big fan of wasting money on needless things, but i guess thats part of todays society to just go around a problem rather than fix it. Most (properly written scripts) will not only send separate e-mails to each of the users, they will keep track of who does and does not want the newsletter. It won't track opens or clicks but you can put tracking images in if you really want to do that - the best part is - it's free because you already paid for the script - and the savings could be quite a bit!

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Maybe some new ones have replaced them.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Maybe some new ones have replaced them.

I agree. However, I did win two things last night. I'm not really complaining, just find it quite odd.

LordVader
  • LordVader
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

what 3 bidders?? I was watching for quite a while before I jumped in...so curious if they are the same

AuctionJunky
  • AuctionJunky
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Personally I've never been a big fan of wasting money on needless things, but i guess thats part of todays society to just go around a problem rather than fix it. Most (properly written scripts) will not only send separate e-mails to each of the users, they will keep track of who does and does not want the newsletter. It won't track opens or clicks but you can put tracking images in if you really want to do that - the best part is - it's free because you already paid for the script - and the savings could be quite a bit!

Did you read any of this thread ? It had nothing to do with the script, I used Microsoft Outlook to send the email.

I appreciate the fact that you want to sell your own program but please don't jump in a thread and bash a script because it costs pennies compared to yours. It has it's flaws but I believe with good customer service, great mix of products a site will grow.

According to visualizetraffic.com your fancy script is getting you 1,095 daily visitors and another site I know that uses yours a 1,000.

We use the same script Schew.com uses and they are getting 2,238 visitors a day and were at 714 already.

I like feedback and constructive criticism but to self promote your product by bashing another is just unprofessional in my opinion.

Rob

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

what 3 bidders?? I was watching for quite a while before I jumped in...so curious if they are the same

Two of the 3 people have their accounts back, one is a member here but I haven't seen them on our site. The other created a new account because they felt like they would be ganged up on. The third hates me for asking them to defend us on PAW and told me to do some pretty nasty things to myself and cancelled their account.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

I know right!? It's soooo much fun to win sooooooooo much!!! LOL But, if more people don't come in, they won't make it. So we have to have a few people come. LOL

Well said PennyWatcher. I do have to admit though when I was playing I loved BidSwap and I found it really hard to promote their site because I wanted to keep it a secret. I know now that hurts them in the long run and it was not right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users