Started by denote , Jan 31 2011 01:47 AM

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

denote
  • denote
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

has anyone heard or tried this one out? Supposedly i won an item and I went to go pay for it but I kept getting an error then all of a sudden it showed someone else as a winner. This happened twice. I also noticed the auction would disappear or the timer would change. the only good thing is you can spend a wheel to get free bids, so I'm glad I didn't make a purchase. Let me know what you guys think.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Wow very bad software glitches...

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Just says I won but I don't see the item to pay for either... Don't see a PayPal option.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

I saved a screenshot, now it shows someone else won the same item.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Also, notice how the gift cards have handbags for the photo?

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Also, I watched it take numerous bids in a row from multiple bidders including myself.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Oh now it shows another bidder won (gucci makeup case).

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Also looks like they're running a sample sale site "NoMoreRack.com."

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

I don't like the fact that they ask for your CC number & don't use PayPal.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Anyone see the testimonials page? bidrack.com - The Fun Way To Save ! What's your impression?

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I just found complaints on Bidrack's NoMoreRack.com sample sale site, see Getslimpackage.com Complaints - Rip off 99$ without proper notice
and also: http://cheatingnetwo...-site-scam.html

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Nomorerack Retail Group Inc. Nomorerack Retail Group Inc.
Nomorerack Retail Group Inc.
#154-1917 West 4th Ave
Vancouver, BC V6J 1M7
Vancouver
BC
V6J 1M7
CA
Phone: +1.6047641459

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Nomorerack Retail Group Inc. Nomorerack Retail Group Inc.
Nomorerack Retail Group Inc.
#154-1917 West 4th Ave
Vancouver, BC V6J 1M7
Vancouver
BC
V6J 1M7
CA
Phone: +1.6047641459

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Hey! I don't know anything about BidRack, but I've bought a ton of things from NoMoreRack.com. Just sayin'.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hey! I don't know anything about BidRack, but I've bought a ton of things from NoMoreRack.com. Just sayin'.

Really? Did you get any items? But, are you sure you don't mean BeyondtheRack.com (I love that site!)? :)

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 31 January 2011 - 02:30 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

denote
  • denote
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

"Purchase Bids Risk Free! Today Is Launch Day! Buy and Bid All You Want! We Give You All Your Bids Back At Midnight EST Tonight!"

OK now I'm a little confused. Where you purchase your bids at states that today is their launch day, but where did they get all those "winners" from? Maybe they are from when they were testing their site out, but then I thought to myself, "if they ran test auction, why are they having so many problems?"

I don't want to make any make any false claims or anything , but I'm having some issues with this site. I do hope that they are legit and just having glitches.

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Really? Did you get any items? But, are you sure you don't mean BeyondtheRack.com (I love that site!)? :)

Never tried BeyondTheRack! I'll have to look at that. No, definitely No More Rack - Daily Deals. They have some awesome deals, and only 2.00 shipping on each item. I've always received everything pretty quickly. My last order was a 1.00 tie (3.00 after shipping), and it was sort of a "mystery" auction, in that they picked the tie and you had no choice. I got a really nice Van Heusen one that I'll be giving to my dad. I've also ordered some jewelry and toys.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Never tried BeyondTheRack! I'll have to look at that. No, definitely No More Rack - Daily Deals. They have some awesome deals, and only 2.00 shipping on each item. I've always received everything pretty quickly. My last order was a 1.00 tie (3.00 after shipping), and it was sort of a "mystery" auction, in that they picked the tie and you had no choice. I got a really nice Van Heusen one that I'll be giving to my dad. I've also ordered some jewelry and toys.

Good to hear that, thanks for letting us know! According to the complaints for NoMoreRack it's bad news, but we'll see.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

Good to hear that, thanks for letting us know! According to the complaints for NoMoreRack it's bad news, but we'll see.

Hmm. I just Google'd "NoMoreRack Reviews" and I see what you mean. Odd. I've never had any issues, but may be more cautious about what I order now.

xmacom33
  • xmacom33
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I shop at nomorerack all the time. I love the site, they always ship fast and customer service is amazing!

I called customer service and asked them about bidrack, apparently the site is in beta testing and they are working out glitches before they release the site.

airborne22
  • airborne22
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I just bought $x worth of bids. The only reason I even bought any was that it seemed like there were not a bunch of people on. As soon as I bought the bids they did not show up. I called and they said due to tech difficulties it would be awhile and would double my bids.

I think I saw that you won, weird that it did not show up! i think I may just dispute it with the bank.

dawnmax
  • dawnmax
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Exact thing happened to me, but I doubled my purchase because I didn't think my first purchase went thru as my 'account' showed 'no bids' so I resubmitted it, then got charge twice, and after an hour waited for both purchases to show up, and when they still showed up as being 'processed' even though my credit card showed they had been charged I called, I got same exact same response and site went down, and now been down for more than 24 hours, they have 2X my $ and my sole purpose was to get it on opening day when there was little interest, just like when other penny auctions get started.

cmali
  • cmali
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I've been on this site for awhile and one a few items. What do people here think of this site and has anyone received any of their wins?

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

I hit my win limit in 10 minutes, lets see if they ship.. It's a very nice looking site, I don't know why they would spend the money to dev it, only to scam people.. We shall see...

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I have heard that their other site NoMoreRack was on The View, have not yet tried their site again yet after it was undisclosed beta.. I found it odd that they showed photos of people and testimonials when they were in beta.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

That is odd.. Very easy wins on the smaller items.. I saw Day2Night on there, not sure if it's really them. I won about $180 worth of items in about 10 mins.. The site let me pay for the items and everything is $2 flat shipping which is awesome.. They auction alot of purses which I know nothing about but won a couple for the wife to surprise her, she may just donate them LOL.. Who knows?

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hmm.. just tried, won 2 cheap items valued at $30 with a $30 bidpack way different than the Gucci I thought I won when it was undisclosed beta (they didn't even respond to me back then btw) that I don't really want but the bidding activity is a bit crazy over there... Especially on the higher priced items. Notice how all of the items are pretty much relisted after they end, wonder how many they have..

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 18 February 2011 - 08:03 PM.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

The high end items are nutz.. I am guessing it's people loaded on won bid packs.. I tripled my bid pack purchase in the first 2 mins.. It would be easy to load up and go for a high end product at this point. So are you the girl that stole the necklace??? LOL :P

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Nope what I won wasn't even that exciting :D...

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

It says they have Buy it Now but I don't see that after I bid?

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

It says they have Buy it Now but I don't see that after I bid?

I found it under bid history, they give you 1 bid= .30 towards purchase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users