Started by denote , Jan 31 2011 01:47 AM

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

They sure have a lot of activity for a brand new site, not too sure about this one.. Look at the link back article on this, they apparently stole someone's image and made a fake testimonial NOT ok in my book.

V and Co.: cool and not cool

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

airborne22
  • airborne22
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I just wanted to say I called while they were in beta and requested my money back and it we refunded to me. I never got a chance to use it. But the customer service was pretty nice!

cmali
  • cmali
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hmm, was wondering about this because I supposed to have won an IPad and an IPod Touch, this was when they first started the site so figure I got off lucky....if they ship. I did get the IPad waterproof cover that I won, so hopefully!!!

Tina9994
  • Tina9994
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Where is the BUY IT NOW located on this site?

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Look at this BidRack.com Allegedly Stole Images to Create Phony Testimonials | Penny Auction Watch

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Tina9994
  • Tina9994
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Is there or is there not a Buy It Now option. I can't find it so someone please let me know where it is. Thanks

thisonesmine
  • thisonesmine
  • Members
  • 2,165 posts

I've won some stuff. We'll see if/when they ship. I'll let ya'll know.

LipFusion 2XL Plump Kit
3.5mm Phone Stereo Headset
Zebra Print Handbag

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

I've won some stuff. We'll see if/when they ship. I'll let ya'll know.

LipFusion 2XL Plump Kit
3.5mm Phone Stereo Headset
Zebra Print Handbag

I've hit my limit again today... Still on the original bids i bought up about $400.. Hope they ship!

Tina9994
  • Tina9994
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Can someone please tell me if this sits offers a Buy it Now or not. I have asked a few times. I was told they do, but I can't find it.

Tina9994
  • Tina9994
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Folks, please disregard my lost post. As I have been just told, there are no Buy It Nows if any kind on this site.

resetjet
  • resetjet
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

There is a buy it now but not unless you bid. It is in their print and I have exercized it. Go to your bid history and then you can buy it now on anything you have bid on. Works great. I have won a ton, but nothing in the mailbox yet. Customer service is good, they had alot of problems and gave me a million bids to look the other way. So I just bid on stuff(hard to win good stuff) and I don't win as it goes to high and then BIN when it ends. Anyone got anything in the mailbox besides the IPhone cover????

mlstew99
  • mlstew99
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi there. My Name is Melissa. I wanted to post my experiences with nomorerack.com and bidrack.com.

I bought the first two items from nomorerack & couldn't have been more pleased. They were processed & shipped, and I was given a tracking number. No problem. Since then, I have placed two more orders that have remained in limbo for weeks. I've called numerous times & emailed SEVENTEEN times, only to be told the same thing. Finally, a representative named Dan advised me that the items were not available & that I can receive a credit or a refund. Um, REFUND, PLEASE. It's my belief that they grew too big too quick and simply don't have the manpower to keep up with demand. I'm going to give them a try in the future, only if they give me MUCH store credit to use.

Now, onto bidrack. This, I believe, is 100% bull. I also noticed the "testimonials" of the people that won, before it was even launched. These were also up there for the beta period. HRMMM....yeah. I purchased $60.00 in bids because the site read that you could "bid all you want" because the bids are replaced each day and you also get a spin for additional bids. WELL, they are not replaced. I quickly called for a refund, which they tried like hell to talk me out of. They would double, yadda yadda...no deal, Juan. I had to call back THREE times to get them to refund. Now, I have won a total of SEVEN (7) auctions. Three on 02/03/2011 and four today. When I called today to speak with the 24/7 customer support ((JOKE-TASTIC)), the woman, Shandra, knew nothing. She kept putting me on hold to peruse my account...that she ultimately had no way to check on. Huh? "Would you like the transaction number to pull it up on your end", I asked her. Well, she had no way to look it up.

SIXTEEN (16) minutes and a migraine later, I decided to wait until tomorrow to see if I could speak with someone sober. She said that she would forward my info ((after spelling out my email addy four times)) to "someone" who would get back to me. Yeah. I'm thinkin I'm out some cashola. Lesson learned.

Long story short (too late), STAY AWAY FROM BIDRACK.COM. You're welcome. Where's the Tylenol...

Chelelee
  • Chelelee
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have been using bidrack now for 2 weeks. I have won 17 items. Yes they do have some software glitches but they have only been live since the last week of January and as any company will have to fix whatever issues come up. I was getting skeptial that I would ever recv my items especially because I won a 1400.00 gucci purse i wanted my stuff. BUt Friday afternoon I did get my first item I won in the mail. They are having problms with the site as far as it says that your items are still being processed when you are suppose to recve a confirmation that your item was mailed out. but... the only thing I care about is getting my stuff. I have done alot of penny auctions and despite the little problems, I like it, am getting my stuff. Their customer service also has been good. I was bidding on a item I had spend alot of bids on, the screen froze and someone won the item, I was upset and I emailed them and they put all of my bids back on my account. I have been ordering from their counterpart nomorerack and have never had any issues with them. Hope this helps anyone who has any questions or concerns. WIll let you know if my high dollar purse arrives.

Chelelee
  • Chelelee
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I just posted i was wondering same thing, I got my first item Friday, so so far so good and I have won 16 things. Good luck.

Chelelee
  • Chelelee
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

fyi-its funny after I saw your anme i have battled back and forth with you on auctiosn lol.. you dont want to do it but so addicting. and cant help but to keep bidding.

resetjet
  • resetjet
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

The site went bezerk today and was posting auctions by the millions ending in 15 seconds....I won my four items for the day in 30 seconds....Now I see there is nothing running. I hope everything turns out, this is a great site if they can overcome the technical issues. Wish they had more things for guys.

Mwhit45
  • Mwhit45
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Spinner? Wonder where they got that idea? haha
Guess the buzz is out and sites are trying to copy the idea, but trust me, it doesn't even compare! ;)

Stickybids.com
StickyBids Insider

GSmoke Spp
  • GSmoke Spp
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Anybody here got the items yet from this place?

abejareina
  • abejareina
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello everyone! This is my first time on this forum and I am new to the penny auctions. My first and likely last experience with penny auctions has been through bidrack. In the beginning, I was impressed because there was always a live person on the customer service line and they always seemed helpful to credit back my bids after I lost them. But, after winning, I have had nothing but trouble, lies, and problems. I won 6 auctions on Feb 2nd - before they changed the limit of auctions you could win. I received "Buysafe" confirmations. Their website says that they will send you a confirmation email after your items ship and that you will receive your items in 2-3 weeks. It also says they will post tracking numbers under your orders on your account page. My credit card was immediately charged for the auctions I won and two weeks later, I hadn't heard anything. I called them to ask for a confirmation or shipping tracking number to verify that they had actually shipped the items and they told me they didn't have access to tracking numbers, but my items would be there by the end of three weeks and they were sure they had shipped. A few days later, I tried again by emailing customer service and was told "I'm very sorry but there is no way for me to get your tracking numbers. I know that it will be there in the next two to three weeks. Thank You!" The website STILL said my auctions were processing after three weeks. I started doing research on bidrack.com and found that there are many people who never received their items. I even read where some people requested refunds, were told they were processing them, but never actually got their money back. When I called them yesterday to ask for a refund, they told me, "He says the gift cards are going to ship out first thing tomorrow. We can't guarantee the other items though." No thanks! I want ALL of my money back. I had to ask them for a confirmation email that showed they had refunded my money and was told it can take up to 5 business days to show up. Of course it hasn't showed up yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to show up on a debit visa? From my experience, it was usually immediately. To make matters worse, after learning that they forged their verisign badge and aren't even a member of verisign (Nomorerack Reviews - SiteJabber Consumer Reviews of Nomorerack.com) and that they stole people's pictures off of personal blogs and photoshopped them to use for their "winners testimony's" (BidRack.com Allegedly Stole Images to Create Phony Testimonials | Penny Auction Watch ) I'm worried that this is a complete scam and I may never see my money again. I contacted my bank and they said, if in 5 days the money is not returned to my account, to call them (the bank) back and they would dispute the charges. I feel like such a sucker. How could I have been so stupid! I am wondering if anyone has ever received all of their orders or actually gotten their money back. I'm pretty convinced they are selling things that they don't actually have in stock. Is that legal?
Thanks!

berrybare
  • berrybare
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

The site seemed to go to be true. I debated buying bids on the site and good thing I didn't! Recently, they announced 10 free bids to all users. I used all 10 and won this junky hat. I'm not even going to pay for it because it seems like a fake hat anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users