Started by denote , Jan 31 2011 01:47 AM

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

wyldunknown
  • wyldunknown
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

This site is a joke. Last time I bid there, the bid buddy function was not working for me. I placed about 120 bids on some small item, and seriously, almost every bidder between my bids was a different name! It was comical. (Because I had such little investment.) I bet I didn't see the same bidder but 2 or 3 times. I finally got bored and quit. I probably should have hung around to watch the rest of the auction, but at that point, I was just done with that site. And, I've had to email them for every win I've gotten. Take it off your list!!!

Geo
  • Geo
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

The site is a joke..I signed up and lost some on the smallest pkg --now they send me 20 free bids in my email twice a week to get me back..Not gonna happen after I see so many ppl having problems with their wins..

rainbow56
  • rainbow56
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Bid Rack went from bad to good to real bad once they got there bidders lured in. They couldn't keep up with all the items being sold so they try to refund, give replacement gift and bid and then they leveled out and now for the past 5 weeks they have added a lot of shill bidding and bots to where it just keeps raising the cost of the item to keep people bidding and then it goes to a Bid Rack Shill bidder that bids once if the cost is to low. They removed their 2.00 flat rate shipping and now you have no idea what the shipping cost will be even after you win it. I was using my free bids they give and the free spin and I won a e-health cigarette kit for $1.23 and went to see what I owed, which it said $1.23 plus $0.00 shipping total cost is $1.23, so I go to the bank and deposit enough to cover it in my Auction Bank account and came back to pay and it said $8.99 shipping for a total of $10.22. WHAT! I then sent them several messages no answers at all, called numerous times and leave messages, never no calls returned so I then go check to see if they fixed the shipping cost and low and behold it went up again to $14.99 for shipping for a grand total now owed of $16.22. They even made the item I won worth more too. When I won it the retail was $39.95 and now it says it is worth $49.99. WOW! Bid Rack is not a good place to spend your time or money!! I can assure you that if they do not remove that climbing shipping charge that they added to it after I had won it, I will not be paying them for it and they can keep their junk. Stay away from Bid Rack there are much better Auctions to use than theirs.

PummelWeed
  • PummelWeed
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Looks like someone should contact Nascar.com. BidRack is advertising on there now. How many more people are going to get scammed?

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

Done, lets see if the ad is pulled.

biddingbyte
  • biddingbyte
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Everyday i received an email from them that 5 bids are added to my account. But when i login i can see only 5 bids. Looks like you wont get more till u finish those 5 bids. Not able to find a single known name and I dont want to spend my money in an unknown territory.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

BidRack.com Allegedly Stole Images to Create Phony Testimonials

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

jodell
  • jodell
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

You know, I just signed up for this forum also. Things are not too good to be true! Seems like all of you were just a bit to eager. Read the rules, take some time to figure out how it works. It is not ebay. It is completely different. And guess what? Just as they advertised, I got my ipad for $27. Now, it did take forever to arrive, but well worth the savings if you ask me.

Markmarkmark
  • Markmarkmark
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

If anyone feels they have an unauthorized credit card transaction from Bidrack.com contact the Attorney General of Delaware's office.

Delaware Department of Justice - Attorney Generals Office

Candice G.
  • Candice G.
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Well, I don't know if I would say to go to be true. But I have been using them with no problem. I've learned it isn't your typical auction though and you do have to pay upfront. But I have got some deals and feel I got my moneys worth.

MarineMom55
  • MarineMom55
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

A Place that ask for your credit card information, without letting you check them out is a RED FLAG!

NYSusan
  • NYSusan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Purse $275, ipod,$89, boots $32. I love them. BUT...I do agree they should allow you to check the site out before buying a package. I just bought their $27 one at first, just so I can get in. The first post said, some get lucky. I guess I'm one of those. (for a change) :)

Thousand Oaks
  • Thousand Oaks
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

has anyone heard or tried this one out? Supposedly i won an item and I went to go pay for it but I kept getting an error then all of a sudden it showed someone else as a winner. This happened twice. I also noticed the auction would disappear or the timer would change. the only good thing is you can spend a wheel to get free bids, so I'm glad I didn't make a purchase. Let me know what you guys think.

The same thing happened to me. I bid on a laptop and thought I won and then it showed someone elses name! The only thing I have ever won was bids. I have spent over 400.00 dollars and won nothing. It is a scam im sure!

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Yes the same thing happened to me. The person that supposedly won it or took it from me was bluejay. I won a dell laptop . well he did... I was very upset and still am!

Emily Moore
  • Emily Moore
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Please also put your experience on scambook.com, that are working on a class action lawsuit so this does not happen to anyone else!

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Please also put your experience on scambook.com, they want to start a class action lawsuit

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

A Class Action Lawsuit is being started, please post your experiences on scambook.com

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

There is a class action lawsuit being started. I have had many issues with bidrack. Please post your experiences on scambook.com so that the attorneys have your story!

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

However, you should add up the amount of the retail of the items that you won...sure they refunded you the money you SPENT, but what about the value of what you won? Example..you buy a $5 lottery ticket and win $5,000...the lottery decided they do not have the $5,000 so they refund you only the $5...in my opinion you are entitled to the full $5,000...or in this case you are entitled to the amount of what you WON (and in money, NOT bids!)..

If you put your experience on scambook.com they are starting a class action lawsuit

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Did you ever get the bag? I did get the ones I won, the 2 coach ones were nice, however, the 2 Fendi's I recieved were replica's, not authentic bags...bidrack has an authenticity guarantee!

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

If you post this on scambook.com they are starting a class action lawsuit against this company.

jp21
  • jp21
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi, I won 4 items with bidrack back at the beginning of June. I won 3 items one day and the 4th the next day. These are all smaller items. I did win a larger item but the website had two winners listed. My name was on the item actual web page as being the winner and the other person's name was listed on the webpage that has ALL the winners listed. Their name was not listed as the winner on the item's auction page. When I called them they said that I had not won even though my bib was shown as the last bid received. This is a scam for certain. I would not have continued bidding on items but I had bids still available. So I bid until I was at zero for bids. I have checked the tracking number on the won items and it said they shipped on June 18th. They are apparently shipping all 4 of my wins together because they all have the same tracking number. However, I have not received anything from them.
Be careful if you bid on the smaller items. They charge shipping costs but they don't state the amount of the shipping until you go to pay for the item. Most items are $7 for shipping. Total rip off. I won't bid with them again. The last time I checked they are charging a transaction fee for the newbies wins on bids
I have called and e-mailed multiple times pertaining the shipping status of my wins, and it has not helped. The one customer rep tried to give me 25 bids free for my frustration, but I refused them since I know it will cost me to use them. I've never tried the other site talked about. Right now I am checking out a new penny auction called bidsbyowner. I only found a hand full of items that had been won there so not sure about it yet..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users