bidsell.com bots question

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

segan63
  • segan63
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have mixed feelings about BidSell.com. In my few weeks of experience, I have won(and received a Kindle). But, I have also noticed a lot of "bot-esque" bidding behavior. For example, I was bidding on a Keurig coffee maker this morning and there seemed to be new names(that I have never seen before) come in and bid against me for ten bids or so, only to be replaced by another new name bidding against me in the same manner. This went on for about 7 to 8 cycles. Only when I didn't put in a bid, did the bidding go down and one of those other names won. I have seen similar behavior before. Maybe it's my imagination, but worth keeping an eye on...

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

There sure is a lot of activity on this one.. Thanks for letting us know! Welcome! Glad you joined :).

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Betuiwin
  • Betuiwin
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I won an all expense paid trip valued at approx 10,500 for the superbowl there a few weeks ago and had a blast in Dallas I also won many other things over last few weeks and received everything very quickly but I do see the behavior you describe...so sometimes I'm not sure what to think. regardless thanks to bidsell I had an unbelievable weekend. I'm rooting for them to do well....

segan63
  • segan63
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I don't care for the new pop-up screen introduced today that comes up if you leave your screen unattended for awhile. This forces me to click that I am still bidding and updates the screen. I then cannot see what other items ultimately sold for.

Also, I believe the site is getting more popular as the prices seem to be going much higher than just a week or two ago.

EndofLine
  • EndofLine
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have mixed feelings about BidSell.com. In my few weeks of experience, I have won(and received a Kindle). But, I have also noticed a lot of "bot-esque" bidding behavior. For example, I was bidding on a Keurig coffee maker this morning and there seemed to be new names(that I have never seen before) come in and bid against me for ten bids or so, only to be replaced by another new name bidding against me in the same manner. This went on for about 7 to 8 cycles. Only when I didn't put in a bid, did the bidding go down and one of those other names won. I have seen similar behavior before. Maybe it's my imagination, but worth keeping an eye on...

There is for sure something very wrong with this site. Have have witnessed the same thing over and over. I just bid on a auction with over 230 bids. Everytime I would do a bidbuddy the counter bids pick up. I saw activity like crazy. Once my bidbuddy stopped the next bidder won with no counter bids. I have seen this on countless auctions. They are playing with some bots for sure. I don't think half of the bidders are real. Test it out if you would like. I think the auctions that close at .47 are only bots bidding for the most part. Auctions that go longer have some real bidders and bots. Once the auctions get above a certain cost point they are letting some people win. I am sticking with Skoreit. They are honest. Stay away from Bidsell.com. I think the winner of the Superbowl was a allowed to win for marketing reasons. The majority of this site is ripping people off.

EndofLine
  • EndofLine
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

BidSell is doing some funny business. I had done multiple auctions where I was bidding with a bid buddy. Once I start my bid buddy the activity picks up. You will see multiple other bidders and once you run out of bids the auction closes. I used 200+ bids and one auction and sure enough as soon as my bids ended the auction ended on the very next bidder who didn't bid before.
I can see the betuiwin won this great trip but I think it was just a marketing deal. They do let some people win if they get the money they want but if there is not a lot of real bidders it appears they won't let you win.

Stay away from this one.

chippy
  • chippy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

BidSell is doing some funny business. I had done multiple auctions where I was bidding with a bid buddy. Once I start my bid buddy the activity picks up. You will see multiple other bidders and once you run out of bids the auction closes. I used 200+ bids and one auction and sure enough as soon as my bids ended the auction ended on the very next bidder who didn't bid before.
I can see the betuiwin won this great trip but I think it was just a marketing deal. They do let some people win if they get the money they want but if there is not a lot of real bidders it appears they won't let you win.

Stay away from this one.

I’ve witnessed the same thing COUNTLESS times. Even allpennyauctions.com won’t bother to track them. Did a lot of homework and the domain is rather checkered on its own. Enjoy my couple of bucks and your Karma. Rot away Bidsell!

chippy
  • chippy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Odd- they no longer maintain a Facebook page and have all of one (1) “Tweet”. Keep the bad humans at bay!!
I maintain the right to an opinion – In my opinion- Bidsell shills and bots without shame”.:puke:

Dale302
  • Dale302
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Odd- they no longer maintain a Facebook page and have all of one (1) “Tweet”. Keep the bad humans at bay!!
I maintain the right to an opinion – In my opinion- Bidsell shills and bots without shame”.:puke:

I posed the question to the site. Is there a time limit on how long the bid time will increase They said, depends on how persistent the bidders are. I countered, you mean a bid that was suppose to close today could go on for 5 days. They said, well probably not for 5 days, but some do go on for long periods of time.

What a crock. I sure wont be purchasing additional bids.

rich687
  • rich687
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The site seems good on the surface, but it's a scam. I watched several items list and end before signing up. Once I did and bought bids I found out what really happens. There were four times that I wasted many bids until getting down to the last 3 seconds, bidding and having NOTHING HAPPEN. Meanwhile the clock runs out and the item goes to "someone" else. Makes you wonder who the other bidder really is. I could see it happening once, maybe twice, but four times is a scam for sure. STAY AWAY

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Interesting observations. The company appears to be owned by
Company Profile
Nexus Media Ventures LLC

Address: 27068 La Paz Road, Suite 491
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Tel: (877) 424-3735
Fax: (949) 266-9368

» See more photos on TrustLink
Web Site: http://www.bidsell.com
Business Start Date: 6/1/2004
Company ID: 100100124 Nature of Business:
This company's business is providing online auctions.

-Source BBB.org

Also,
http://www.linkedin....ufman/4/b66/396

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 16 May 2011 - 11:45 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

lvgilmour
  • lvgilmour
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Do you know if they own any other sites? The reason I asked is I just received an unsolicited email a few hours ago from them that made it through my junk mail filter. I just wonder what penny auction site gave out my information. I never heard of them until then.

nit2winn
  • nit2winn
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Anyone can buy email list for anything including penny auctions online from several places. A lot of times it is affiliates of a website that sends them and not always the website.

Most sites will sell your email information if you sign up for their news letter. You always have to read their private policy to see if they share your information. If you agree to it and you get emails from other sites they are not really unsolicited because you agreed on the original site.

lvgilmour
  • lvgilmour
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Thank you nit2winn, I must have. I try to avoid newsletter but it seems anymore the 'do you accept' buttons are turning into novels. I may have gave away a first born child and didn't realize it.

qnospade
  • qnospade
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I joined bidsell several months ago and was very pleased! I won several electronic items for very few bids...so, they had me hooked. Then there were problems where I would attempt to place a bid and they prompted me to purchase bids as I didn't have any, but in fact I had over 100. By the time I could place a bid, the auction was over. I complained and they gave me some bids. Then they went through a few weeks of having nothing to bid on but bid packs and gift cards. Lately, they seem to have great items and almost all auctions are ending around 83 cents. So, sucker that I am, I purchase more bids and dive back in. I can't win a thing! I will either watch the clock count down after I place a bid and award the previous bidder the item, or I find myself in a bidding war with 4 other bidders, but they don't seem to bid against one another...just me! I've got 74 bids left and will bid on one more auction, then I'm out! I do not trust this site, nor do I recommend it.

chippy
  • chippy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

R. I. H. thiefs!

Edited by chippy, 29 July 2011 - 10:41 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bidsell.com, bots, question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users