Background Image

Stickybids.com - Is it really sticky or just icky?

Started by berrybare , Mar 02 2011 11:53 PM

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

berrybare
  • berrybare
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

I've seen a lot of PAWers on this site bidding. Just wanted to get your thoughts as to whether bots are enabled? Not sure what to think. Their FB page has over 1,000 followers so it could be just good marketing.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

I mentioned this in the Wavee thread but I'll mention it here as well. StickyBids is pretty much an exact ripoff of Wavee.com and I was wondering if they were in fact one separate company that is totally not related to Wavee or if they another company that Wavee owns.

If they are a separate company, then they are violating some major copyright laws, but if they are part of Wavee, then I am not quite sure why they didn't mention it to us before.

Someone posted saying that Wavee is closing down and reopening under StickyBids, now whether this is true or not, I do not know.

However, I would like to find out what the whole deal about it is. Anyone know?

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

Nothing that I have seen on the site would lead me to believe there are any bots or shills. But their timers have really bad ending problems - not sure if they can't handle traffic or perhaps users are throttling. Whatever is causing them to end abruptly, locking out further bids, needs to be fixed.

Both companies are based out of Georgia - but different addresses. Both have private registrations - but through different companies. I sincerely hope they have no association with Wavee. If they do, I am going to be very annoyed for having bought bids.

opa
  • opa
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

i think its icky....seems like everything goes for so much for just opening.

Mwhit45
  • Mwhit45
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Michele here with StickyBids.

At this point we are deciding to make a major decision to pause the action today to fix the timer & autobidder issues we are having. We understand your frustration. We value your business and this has been causing us to literally be up for ...the past 3 days straight.. We absolutely care and that is what you want from a company, I hope.

These issues were not anticipated. Our site was tested and we are terribly upset and will be crediting bids for the trouble.Due to these major glitches we would rather take the site down than have it cause more trouble for you. We do not anticipate being offline very long. We really hope you just decide to hang in there with us.
Thank you for our patience. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

Michele here with StickyBids.

At this point we are deciding to make a major decision to pause the action today to fix the timer & autobidder issues we are having. We understand your frustration. We value your business and this has been causing us to literally be up for ...the past 3 days straight.. We absolutely care and that is what you want from a company, I hope.

These issues were not anticipated. Our site was tested and we are terribly upset and will be crediting bids for the trouble.Due to these major glitches we would rather take the site down than have it cause more trouble for you. We do not anticipate being offline very long. We really hope you just decide to hang in there with us.
Thank you for our patience. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I sent a support ticket on this a 2 days ago and never heard back. How are the bid returns going to be accomplished?

Also, your T&C states the following:
Charges are as follows:
Gift card and Bid bundle auctions: $1.99
Retail value ($10.00 -$50.00): $4.99
Retail value ($50.01 - $100.00): $6.99
Retail value ($100.01 - $200.00): $7.99
Retail value ($200.01 + ): $9.99

When I went to pay for a bid pack auction I noticed I was being charged $4.99. Sent a support ticket and received a response that did not address either my question or the discrepancy. You might want to look into this as well.

Thanks.

toolate
  • toolate
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

I hope communication gets better. I have submitted support tickets and emails and have not received any response. I won 250 bids last night when the spinner came up. Bids were not credited to my account and no reply from Stickybids when I asked about them.

chibrook
  • chibrook
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

So Michele from Stickybids saw this thread and totally did not address the fact that they are using wavee's script. The html source code has wavee in it all over the place. So what's the deal with this? For now I will stay away in case it's a re-birth of wavee.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

So Michele from Stickybids saw this thread and totally did not address the fact that they are using wavee's script. The html source code has wavee in it all over the place. So what's the deal with this? For now I will stay away in case it's a re-birth of wavee.

Sure beats me.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Site is down?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

PennyDeluxe
  • PennyDeluxe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Michelle is also from Atlanta, Georgia which is where wavee is from.....

Mwhit45
  • Mwhit45
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I am not interested, or trying to get sucked into the drama of negative comments being posted about our company. But I do feel the need to make a post in defense of the things being said about us.
We are a new company, and all of these statements are unfounded and untrue!! So let me clear up a few things, even though I understand that for the few that are dead set on giving us a bad name for some reason, this post will do nothing but fuel the fire, but I am going to post for those who legitimately have concerns about us.

We are NOT affiliated, connected or own any other penny auction company. We did NOT steal any other auction sites software!! We have a license for the software that is hosted on our own dedicated server.

All penny auction sites have some similarities due to the way auction sites have to be designed. That’s like saying Home Depot should be sued by Lowe’s for looking similar, or Lowe’s should be sued by Home Depot! When you walk into these stores they basically look the same inside. Or maybe Staples should sue Office Depot, and Office Max, or vice-versa.

We have hired PennyAuctioSoft to CUSTOM design our site, and have been working with them for months on custom design which we OWN the license to. If you look around this site, you can find them being slammed for things that are not true. I have never had a problem getting them on the phone, or dealing with any issues immediately, however to read through the threads, you would think that PAS goes weeks without returning calls. I personal have been on the phone with everyone over there, and I know for a fact, they are not out of India, yet people post, and others believe it because it easier to believe the bad things being said than to believe the good things.

We have had some issues, glitches and spinner problems. We apologized and as with any new site, they were unforeseen and we tried to handle them as fast as possible.

Let me address the person stating that we don’t respond to support tickets. We have had tons of positive feedback, and support. To those of you who have given us a thumbs up. THANK YOU! We ARE going to be an awesome site, and we will be rolling out new ideas that will make us second to none.

For those who are complaining. We have apologized and are trying to get to the tickets as fast as possible. We had hundreds of support tickets, but most of them were people who kept sending them over and over and over about the same issue. That backed up our support team for hours trying to respond and determine if the support ticket had already been answered previously. We have been working around the clock to try and provide customer support.

We have tried to accommodate everyone. I think some people are being very brutal. Is there not a decent bone in some of you who can say..Hey look, this is a new site, and they seem to be trying to roll out some pretty awesome things. They have some glitches but have promised to make things right. Why don’t we step back and give them a shot.

I know some of the powerbidders (not all) that are saying negative things. I don’t know if that is to run people off, or intimidate the new bidders. But I know for a fact that some of you powerbidders have won BIG on our site. How about the one who got the Coach purse for $0.94? We had bots running? Really? Well if that’s the case, that was a really bad bot wasn’t it? We had a new bidder that sent a thank you email to us because she won Netbook for $0.14!! That doesn’t happen if you’re running shills or bots!

We want to support the powerbidders, but would appreciate fair play by everyone. We are going to be having auctions on the site exclusively for Powerbidders, and for beginners. We hope that will appeal to both groups, and eliminate some of the negativity, and appeal to everyone.

I am flabbergasted at all of the things being said about us, and yes, I do take it personally because we are trying to be a great site with great things to offer, and I always try to believe that there is a common good in people who will understand. Obviously not, as I’m sure I will see when the backlash of posts come in after this one.

For those who are hanging in there with us, we will be back soon, and look forward to having you play on our site.

Michele
President and CFO

jinkswinks
  • jinkswinks
  • Validating
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

go look at there auction it says under construction but if you go thru your claim area you can see there auction that are going on now and see there 2 robots fighting over a shake weight and blender current price for shake weight is 42.87 and going strong and blender is 27.03 and still going bot names well some are iwineverytime,backkofthisonesmine,bidzilla,plzletmewin,bidbandit99 and more,,what a bunch of morons beware

Mwhit45
  • Mwhit45
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Those are not BOTS those are some of our members from our database that offered to be beta testers!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mwhit45, 04 March 2011 - 07:09 PM.

Mwhit45
  • Mwhit45
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

We are PAMA certified. In order to be certified, you have to purchase the software that removes any admin 'bots'
http://www.pennyauctionassociation.org/

We have members of our database and even members of PAW that are gracious enough to help us test the site to make sure all glitches have been fixed prior to going live again.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

We are a new company, and all of these statements are unfounded and untrue!! So let me clear up a few things, even though I understand that for the few that are dead set on giving us a bad name for some reason, this post will do nothing but fuel the fire, but I am going to post for those who legitimately have concerns about us.

We are NOT affiliated, connected or own any other penny auction company. We did NOT steal any other auction sites software!! We have a license for the software that is hosted on our own dedicated server.

All penny auction sites have some similarities due to the way auction sites have to be designed. That’s like saying Home Depot should be sued by Lowe’s for looking similar, or Lowe’s should be sued by Home Depot! When you walk into these stores they basically look the same inside. Or maybe Staples should sue Office Depot, and Office Max, or vice-versa.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]We have hired PennyAuctioSoft to CUSTOM design our site, and have been working with them for months on custom design which we OWN the license to.

Michele,

I'm not sure if you are answering this directly at me or others, but since I feel it was me, here is my reply.

First off, you're right, you are a "new company", so with that said, I personally think it's perfectly fine and normal for everyone to question absolutely anything about your site, especially with the amount of fraudulent/malicious sites that have come and gone.

I don't get whenever there's concerns about a site, PA owners come on here and lash out and reply to the concerns so angrily and unprofessionally. I have my thoughts/concerns about your site, but I don't care to bring them up, because I don't bid on your site. In fact, I pre-registered with your site, and am unable to sign in now with that account. Not sure what the issue is, but it's things like these that make me not even want to re-register again. Anyway, this is besides the point.

I came on here to ask about your software "license". I completely disagree with your analogy example that you've posted about Home Depot vs etc... How can you possibly copyright the way you set up merchandise inside a store?? Here are several pieces of the definition of copyright from Wikipedia:

Copyright is a set of exclusive rights granted to the author or creator of an original work, including the right to copy, distribute and adapt the work. Copyright does not protect ideas, only their expression. In most jurisdictions copyright arises upon fixation and does not need to be registered. Copyright is literally, the right to copy, though in legal terms "the right to control copying" is more accurate. Copyright are exclusive statutory rights to exercise control over copying and other exploitation of the works for a specific period of time. The copyright owner is given two sets of rights: an exclusive, positive right to copy and exploit the copyrighted work, or license others to do so, and a negative right to prevent anyone else from doing so without consent, with the possibility of legal remedies if they do. The types of work which are subject to copyright has been expanded over time. Initially only covering books, copyright law was revised in the 19th century to include maps, charts, engravings, prints, musical compositions, dramatic works, photographs, paintings, drawings and sculptures. In the 20th century copyright was expanded to cover motion pictures, computer programs, sound recordings, choreography and architectural works.

Now before I state anything else. If Wavee owns the copyright to their website designs and functionality, and if you have purchased a software license from Wavee, then it is a done deal and case closed. If this is the case, then this was the exact answer I was looking for. There was no need to be so angry in your post and certainly no need to "add fuel to the fire".

However, if you have purchased this license from PAS, and if they do not own the rights to Wavee's designs, then this is definitely copyright infringement. But let's say they do own a legal copy of Wavee's software license, and if they chose to resell a second copy of that same license, then this is also against copyright regulations.

Others on here have claimed (not me) that Wavee is soon to be closing and reopening as "StickyBids". I really don't care if this is the case because I never bid on Wavee or Sticky, so my interest in none.

As you will see in the definition above, placement and positioning of merchandise inside a store is NOT considered to be a form of copyright, because if it was, every company in the world would be sued, which is foolish. If you visit Home Improvement Made Easy with New Lower Prices | Improve & Repair with The Home Depot and Lowe's Home Improvement: Appliances, Tools, Hardware, Paint, Flooring you won't really see much similarities at all (in terms of design). Of course, because they offer similar products and services, some of their functionality/features will of course be the same, just like penny auctions mostly work the same. Now if you visit your site and Wavee's, there's no doubt in anyone's mind that they are identical. Only difference is that a new logo was slapped on, along with a few different colours (mainly green).

It is none of my business if you stole or bought the license, or if you bought an illegal copy of the license. I was just simply making a statement of my findings and since I have no affiliation with either site, I just wanted to see what others thought. If you don't own a legal copy of the license, then I'd say just prepare yourself for a future lawsuit, that's all.

Here's just some examples of simple lawsuits that could happen:
Apple Sues God, Says Fruit Too Similar to Logo
Apple Sues Canadian School for Similar Logo

Anyway, like I said, if you own a legal copy from Wavee, then great! All the best to you! I just came on here to clear the air on my end, because I felt your post was targeted at me.

chibrook
  • chibrook
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

We have hired PennyAuctioSoft to CUSTOM design our site, and have been working with them for months on custom design which we OWN the license to.

I wish I had taken screen shots - because when I right-clicked on the main page and chose "view page source" - the html code was riddled with the word "wavee" throughout. So it doesn't appear to be "customized" at all - perhaps you need to take this up with PennyAuctionSoft then, if you believe your script is custom.

I personally love the layout - the colors - the spinner - the little frog. I don't care if you bought the script from wavee - I was just looking for assurance you were not affiliated with wavee. And right now, I feel like the sign on the outside says "Home Depot", but everything inside has a "Lowe's" price tag on it. So I'm not convinced that this site is not affiliated with wavee as of yet and I think we have a right to question things when it comes to investing our money into something.

I'm not questioning these things to deter other people from trying your site (and many may not even care) - just trying to decide for myself if it's right for me. And with all that's happening with wavee, I'm blatantly curious as to whether they are selling their script to bring in money to ship wins or what??? Or, worse case scenario, letting their current company go bankrupt while starting another.

I don't mean to offend, just have honest questions based on what I've seen.

vlking77
  • vlking77
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Nothing that I have seen on the site would lead me to believe there are any bots or shills. But their timers have really bad ending problems - not sure if they can't handle traffic or perhaps users are throttling. Whatever is causing them to end abruptly, locking out further bids, needs to be fixed.

I think that there are quite a few people on there throttling and that may be causing some of the timer issues. I'm not sure if there is a way for StickyBids to prevent that or not. I'm still a little wary of this site. I'll probably do alot more watching than I will bidding for a while.

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

I think that there are quite a few people on there throttling and that may be causing some of the timer issues. I'm not sure if there is a way for StickyBids to prevent that or not. I'm still a little wary of this site. I'll probably do alot more watching than I will bidding for a while.

The best defense against throttling, for a PA site, is for the script to allow bidders to outbid themselves...that will stop it quickly. :)
:-37-: "Banjo dude" in honor of Schmoop!

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

so your members did beta for you about 6 hours and it was all the pb that were there opening day and the names went from tester 1 tester 2 then to names that you google and nothing and anybody that is throwing that kind of cash around has a history wins or lose but i didnt see these names for the second opening just saying what i see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users