Background Image

Stickybids.com - Is it really sticky or just icky?

Started by berrybare , Mar 02 2011 11:53 PM

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

phnx
  • phnx
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

I filed a complaint with the Georgia Governor's office this evening against stickybids.

(1) They are blatantly using wavee's code. Last Friday, references to wavee were all through it, but over the weekend, they took it out.
(2) They claim that they do not have any affiliation, contact, etc with wavee (though they use their code)
(3) Their ownership/founders have yet to have revealed their identities. (Are one or more of the founders associated with wavee)

They have already misrepresented themselves. They have already lied about the code they use. They have already lied about knowing anything about wavee.

Stay away from this site, as well as wavee.

As Wavee is under investigation by the Georgia Governor's Office, and this site may have some ties to it (same base code for the site, close in physical proximity, ownership/founders not revealing who they are), I would be very leery of spending any time and money here, as well.

dustyrose55
  • dustyrose55
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

I am unable to log in....why?

flykel
  • flykel
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

I won the first day they opened (maybe second, can't remember) anyway... I have sent 2 emails about shipping and they say it has been sent to their shipping department, If I owned a new site, I would ship asap, maybe I am missing the boat on something. I will keep you posted
Stay Thirsty my Friends!!! :cheers2:

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

I am able to log in now - but I wasn't able earlier today. The spinner is not coming up. Also, no auctions are listed. Anyone know when they are going to list auctions again?

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

I am to lazy to read everything in here, so.. With that being said, is this company Wavee, their site is identical and they are also from Atlanta,Ga.. Pretty odd..

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

I am to lazy to read everything in here, so.. With that being said, is this company Wavee, their site is identical and they are also from Atlanta,Ga.. Pretty odd..

LOL. They have stated they have no affiliation with Wavee. Same website developer.

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

LOL. They have stated they have no affiliation with Wavee. Same website developer.

Crazy! I wonder what their address is, I'm going through Atl in a few days, headed towards Jacksonville

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

4132 Atlanta Highway, Suite 110-200, Loganville, GA 30052 (or at least that is what is registered with the GA Secretary of State) :wink:

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

That's off of 285.. No thanks. Maybe sometime when I'm heading towards athens..

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

All Greek to me .....

BidBuddy
  • BidBuddy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

4132 Atlanta Highway, Suite 110-200, Loganville, GA 30052 (or at least that is what is registered with the GA Secretary of State) :wink:

Suite 100 at that address is a UPS Store... the "-200" is the box number assigned to StickyBids....or the registered agent Bryan J. Lazaroff.

wyzguy88
  • wyzguy88
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I'm an Atlanta Local...wavee is a few Emory computer nerds. I would stay far far away from anything that has to do with wavee. If it smells and looks "sticky" it is. Bots everywhere.

flostradamos
  • flostradamos
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

they went back up today, and timers are still jacked
My mom got in an argument at the car wash other lady said "get out of my face i don't know you" my mom said "google me b%tch" rofl she's 65 LOL

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

That is a generous understatement!

vrebel10
  • vrebel10
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Tell me about it. Timer was on going twice with me shown as highest bidder and closed with two bidders above me suddenly. Bummer.

Mwhit45
  • Mwhit45
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Suite 100 at that address is a UPS Store... the "-200" is the box number assigned to StickyBids....or the registered agent Bryan J. Lazaroff.

You can spend all of that time researching, and still can't find out that we have NO connection or affiliation with Wavee? Yes, we have a box for our mail, is that against the law? I am just amazed at how vicious people want to be just for the sport of it. We have hundreds of members who have supported us, and been very positive during our beginning stages. We would like to make everyone happy, and belong to our site, but that is never going to happen, but I hope that when you do uncover the truth, and find that we have no connection to any other site, you will be as free with that information as well.

BidBuddy
  • BidBuddy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Whitney...sorry...Michelle, my only purpose for posting the fact that the address is a UPS Store mail box was in response to a forum poster considering a drive-by; I was simply helping to avoid a fruitless road trip. My wish is for you any any other legitimate start-up to be successful at their mission.

In my opinion (and I believe shared by many), the Entertainment Shopping sector has serious reputation issues - Wavee is contributing to that in large part. The start-up period for SitckyBids and how management has chosen to remain silent and unknown, other than you as their spokesperson, has those abused by Wavee on the offensive; mostly to rid the Entertainment Shopping sector of the scourge to prevent others from financial loss. I imagine you've seen the news clips of one Wavee member waiting on over $10,000 of auction wins - not me, but I am one of those waiting for products since November and with the money I've given Wavee, I could have purchased them outright.

State Investigates Online Bidding Site - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

StickyBids is starting up in a swamp of negativity, adding the look and feel of Wavee, the swamp is deeper than you may imagine. The technical start-up problems will eventually get resolved and the marketing machine will get rolling; however, none of that will matter unless management comes out and deals with the negative press issues - the masses management would have join StickyBids won't materialize without it.

The simple fact that the StickyBids website, looks, runs, and is operated much the same as Wavee has those with the unpleasant experiences and financial losses making the connections between the two websites. I'll be the first on-board touting the positive aspects of StickyBids - should there be positive and proven indications that the two, as you say, aren't connected - however, loosely.

If not connected, then a suggestion to StickyBids management - close now and cut their losses - excuse me, your members losses. Perhaps they went forward with the business plan without a through understanding of the state of the business sector - here's a link to a Bloomberg article published in August 2010 with a quote from Pavel (aka Paul) of Wavee fame. Not a very bright picture and the current state of Wavee is proving the article to be accurate.

Penny Auction Sites Hurt by Glut of Competitors - BusinessWeek

Have a Sticky day.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

i have to say this is one of the biggest flops i have seen in awhile

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

You can spend all of that time researching, and still can't find out that we have NO connection or affiliation with Wavee? Yes, we have a box for our mail, is that against the law? I am just amazed at how vicious people want to be just for the sport of it. We have hundreds of members who have supported us, and been very positive during our beginning stages. We would like to make everyone happy, and belong to our site, but that is never going to happen, but I hope that when you do uncover the truth, and find that we have no connection to any other site, you will be as free with that information as well.

How about providing us with an actual office address?? Don't have the money for an office? You are doomed already! Eta's new rule to bidding, No office address and no phone number to call.. NO BIDDING! Maybe the more experienced bidders could make up a guideline sheet. It would work better than people always asking what sites are safe to bid on.

bigdad
  • bigdad
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Sticky Bids is just plain icky!!! If they were legit and not connected to Wavee then they would be more forthcoming in their own defense. They claim to have hundreds of members who praise them. Okay where are they???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users