Background Image

Stickybids.com - Is it really sticky or just icky?

Started by berrybare , Mar 02 2011 11:53 PM

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

Sticky Bids is just plain icky!!! If they were legit and not connected to Wavee then they would be more forthcoming in their own defense. They claim to have hundreds of members who praise them. Okay where are they???

did you get that email to i found that to be very funny i cant find one thing nice being said about this site

madbid700
  • madbid700
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Suite 100 at that address is a UPS Store... the "-200" is the box number assigned to StickyBids....or the registered agent Bryan J. Lazaroff.

I think this must be a common practice, Bidsauce has an address posted on their site which is also a UPS store address in Draper, Utah

bigdad
  • bigdad
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

did you get that email to i found that to be very funny i cant find one thing nice being said about this site

Yes I did

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

Yes I did

the email i recieved also said they dont care what anybody is saying on the forums about there site . well if i was a owner i think i would care if there is unhappy bidders out there lol

bigdad
  • bigdad
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Yeah they are not winning people over on here. I think they are banking on the advertising that they are doing to keep drawing in new people and then just screwing them over. This will catch up with them in the end if that is the case.

lukescooto
  • lukescooto
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Well whoever won that netbook for .14 must be excited. I seen one go for at least $14+, I stopped watching at that point.
I dont have too many complaints about this site yet, I have more positives then negatives, so thats good I guess. I have two issues, and please dont say im complaining michelle like you did before, like I said, ive been one of your biggest supporters, to the point there a couple PAW members accused me of being associated with you guys behind the scenes in some way. But I also have to tell the truth about a site, no matter how much I may like them or win, or else my word will be worthless.
My two gripes if you want to call them that, are the communication issues. The reason I say issues is becuase yes, you do answer emails, it varies widely from a 10 minute response time to 48 hours or longer. Alot of the time when you, or your co-workers, do answer, it rarely address's what the original ticket was even about. Thats why its taking so long to address a legitimate problem with a specific auction.
Lets say I sent a ticket, you reply average about 24 hours later, which isnt bad, and isnt great, just average. Then you dont address my original concern, so I email you back, then I wait another day, and you MIGHT reply, you might not, etc etc. I have had several problems, and yes, you definetly address the last set of them, in about 24-48 hours and I couldnt have been happier with your work on the issue.
But yesterday afternoon, when you went live again at 1pm, I expierenced a problem that wasnt jsut about the lag, I had an autobidder set, I won the auction, the screen refreshed, and someone else was the winner, with the exact same winning amount as I had, $2.13. Then down below, there was a mystery person with $2.14 who i never seen bid, and didnt even win. Very strange and probably related to the problems your having with the three L's, lag, load, and latency. Common. So what I did was not bid on anything other then a bid pack, till you guys had a chance to resolve it, as I didnt want to creat more problems.
You emailed me back today, but never addressed the problem, you just emailed me stating you guys respond to emails quickly. Ok, but how about addressing my ticket please? Maybe you guys should have one person who's sole job is to answer emails, facebook, and forum posts? At least in the early stages of your site's launch. Geez they wouldnt even have to come into the office, you could outsource that to almost anyone. Christ, im sure you could even find people who will do it for just a bidpack a week, and probably do an excellent job at it. Thanks.
www.funnymoneytree.com *Under Construction, check back soon!
http://stores.ebay.com/Parts-World-USA <---Need cheap used auto parts?
I have 2 podcasts under construction, stay tuned.

lukescooto
  • lukescooto
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Sorry, forgot to mention the other concern I have with the site, and it isnt bots or that stuff, its the laggy timer. But they say they're working on it, so thats good enough for me. I just stick to the bidpacks for now anyways. Once things go smoother ill go for the good stuff.
But i did see some strange bidding in a couple of my auctions, and it wasnt bot or schill bidding, it was team bidding, clear as day. I saved the two auction numbers, not sure how far back you can look at the bidding history. But to me it appeared to be team bidding. Funny how after I stopped bidding, it was a 250 bidpack, and I used 200+ bids, went to reset the autobidder and didnt do it in time and lost. To someone who only placed 1 bid, and all of a sudden the group of 4 or 5 people bidding against me the whole time, stopped. Right when I stoped, someone comes in and magically takes the auction with one bid, after 795 bids total were placed. The other bidders werent out of bids, because they followed me to my next auction for 100 bidpack and did the exact same thing. Just my two pennys.
www.funnymoneytree.com *Under Construction, check back soon!
http://stores.ebay.com/Parts-World-USA <---Need cheap used auto parts?
I have 2 podcasts under construction, stay tuned.

chibrook
  • chibrook
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I'm sorry I didn't take screenshots - but when they were first up if you right clicked on the home page and hit "view page source" - the word wavee was all over the code. After being called out on it they went down and when they came back up - the wavee references were gone. That's enough for me to make me not want to come near the site with a 10' pole. Good luck to you that do.

bigdad
  • bigdad
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

lukescooto- I know you seem to like Sticky Bids but why do you continue to bid there? I just don't understand why somebody would bid on a site that has the makings of another site from the EXACT SAME TOWN as Wavee. And it sure looks like Wavee. Do you honestly believe that Sticky Bids is not in anyway shape or form associated with Wavee??

Take all of that aside and it seems like you have had nothing but problems with some auctions and you invested lots of bids into them. So why go back?? There are many other sites that offer a far better experience for your dollar.

Feel free to do what you want I just don't understand.

phnx
  • phnx
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Stickybids site code had references to wavee all through it about a week ago, and it still is the same code with a few modifications. Then, stickybids blatantly lied several times about it.

Also, who are their four founders? If they are legit, we should know who owns the business with whom we want to deal. The only reference we have to one person is likely their lawyer, not actual owners. So, again, why aren't they forthcoming with who owns them.

Then, there is the PAMA certification from an organization that appears to be a front for someone/group from India. Read this: My investigation into PennyAuctionSoft.com | Penny Auction Software Scams
Keep in mind that this is about the only actual penny auction site that appears to be certified by PAMA.

Maybe they are legit and making a large number of rookie mistakes (such as not telling the truth). But, there are too many question marks around them to consider them legit. They still may prove themselves, but they need to completely come clean.

opa
  • opa
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

is it me or is this site full of bots?

berrybare
  • berrybare
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Be careful with this sites' Buy it now option -

The Cuisinart 7-Speed Handheld/Stand Mixer that is up for auction indicates on Sticky that you can buy it now for 129.99. Amazon has the same exact mixer for 66.37 - Amazon.com: Cuisinart HSM-70 Power Advantage 7-Speed Handheld/Stand Mixer: Kitchen & Dining

I'm sure they buy their stuff from Amazon!

nlangley
  • nlangley
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I have been watching and supporting Stickybids since their opening. I bought the introductory kickoff bidpack for $49 and have been closely watching their site. They had some glitches (I helped them beta test) but for the most part seem to have technical issues resolved. I don't see any evidence of bots or shilling, but team bidding is happening some. It is very concerning hearing all this talk of a connection with Wavee. Those !*#&(@ at Wavee have taken a big chunk of $ from me and owe me items from November. I won an item on Sticky on March 14 and it still shows Paid Not Shipped. That is too long in my opinion and smells like Wavee. I will continue to support Stickybids verbally, but not financially until I get the first item I won. I won an e-giftcard today so we'll see how long that takes. I would encourage sticky to make shipping and customer service a top priority to make the Wavee cloud hanging over them go away.

opa
  • opa
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

This site is a scam. Someone always bids at 8 sec.

jlofton01
  • jlofton01
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have won a gift card on July 14 and received it...Also won a set of nice dishes July 13 and still waiting for them to be shipped...They tell me the funds are tied up if they are they should stop the website til they have the funds to mail out what we have won its our money they have got for shipping....SO WHATS THE PROBLEM....I'm so upset that it has been 3 months now and i still dont know when i will get them...As far as them responding back to your e-mails it takes me writing them 2-3 times before i get a response back from them and its always the same one OUR FUNDS ARE LOCKED UP...SOOOO UPSET:-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users