Background Image

iPad 2 is here at SmartBid - Go get yours now!

Started by SmartBid , Mar 04 2011 11:05 AM
ipad 2 smartbid

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SmartBid
  • SmartBid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

iPad just got even more amazing! Two cameras for FaceTime and HD video recording. The dual-core A5 chip. The same 10-hour battery life. All in a thinner, lighter design! Get your iPad 2 in SmartBid before any one else! We just opened an iPad 2 auction with early bids back - bid now!

Win a brand new iPad 2 and use the "iPad2" coupon for a 10% bonus!

Winners will receive Apple gift card which can be redeemed for iPad 2 in Apple Store starting Mar 11th.

Good Luck!
SmartBid Team

lukescooto
  • lukescooto
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Cant say im too crazy about thesmartbid.com. Ive tried to figure it out, but i must be a dummy. Seems to me its like going to the carnival and trying to get those rings on the bottle to win an ipod. Anyone ever seen someone get a ring on the bottle? Of course not. You never will either. If you do, its 1 out of a million. I seen one thing I thought was interesting, take it for what its worth, but the person who just won thier Ipad2 today, also just won a iphone 4, recently, among other items. Seems he, or she, has easily won over $1,000 in prizes in just a couple days. Interesting site, and interesting that you can win those type of prizes so close together.

SmartBid
  • SmartBid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Hey lukescooto,

Welcome to SmartBid! We know it might seem a little bit complex when you first try out - did you check out our how it works video and help page ? - Our help page and hints page has been rewritten by one of the PAW members recently just for beginners like you!

Check out our official PAW thread where lot of PAW members who are our regular users have posted their experience - Ask them for help and strategy too! Most of them are super helpful and super nice!

if you spend a litle bit of time - it will pay you big dividends!

Good Luck!

Edited by SmartBid, 05 March 2011 - 02:14 AM.

muchomaas
  • muchomaas
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

lukescooto:

There is actually quite a bit of strategy that goes into it, and lots of different ways to play the auctions. And Smartbid has two cool features that give you a lot more value for your bid dollar. One, when you lose an auction your paid bids (as opposed to your free bids) are returned to you as reward bids. Check out the reward page. You can either play the reward dollars on the auction pages or use the reward money, dollar for dollar, for discounts on merchandise or gift cards. I was a total novice at this a couple of weeks ago, and thanks to some pretty bad moves in an ipad auction, I had a fair amount of reward money to play around with. I more or less figured out the lay of the land in the reward auctions.

The other feature is the Bid Back auctions, where your early bids are returned to you as free bids (they cannot then be converted to reward dollars). What is great about this is that you can modify and adapt strategy with respect to your auctions and your opponents (many of whom are PAW members as well; contrary to urban legend, we compete fiercely against each other), and have a decent idea of what the board looks like before committing to an auction or not.

By way of example, you may find after you and everyone else who places early bids, that you do not have a good position on the board. It could mean that you do not have any unique numbers. Or it could mean that you just don't like the feel of where things are. If that happens. It's simple. You just sit out the auction, and you get all your money back.

Or, you may love your position. If that happens, then you need to be very strategic in how you place your remaining bids. You can bet that the regulars (look at who wins, and with how many bids, to get some idea of playing styles) will be watching every move closely. While the auctions move slowly at times, it's not that they're not paying attention. It's often more like three or more sharks circling their prey, waiting for the other to make the first move. The fact that nobody will move for a day or so often tells me quite a bit about where they are.

And once the auction gets to the last phase, when the notice that approximately 20% of the bids are remaining, well that's when things genuinely happen really fast, when the leaders change position quickly, and where you try to pull the string on a game plan that may be hours or days in the making.

Smartbid has adapted the lowest unique format to make it really interesting and challenging. Also, as you are starting out, my suggestion is you take full advantage of the bid for free features so you can watch auctions in action. Place your to-be-returned bids all over the board so you can better see what we're up to, so when you decide to jump in in the closing moments, you are jumping in with your own strategy.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the site. Good luck if you decide to give it a try.

SmartBid
  • SmartBid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Thanks Muchomass! We couldn't have said it in any better! He recently helped us rewrite the how it works and hints page and we would recommend all PAW members to look over them and then start playing in site.

Spring is almost here, are you ready for it? Then you will find the perfect gift for the season - $150 Lowe's gift card at SmartBid! Lowe's invitation to you is, "Let's Build Something Together", and Lowe's promises everyday low prices and the brands you know and trust. Give the gift of home improvement and imagination with the Lowe's Gift Card.

Win Lowe's Gift Card and use the "SPRING" coupon for a 10% bonus!

In addition to the Lowe's gift card, We are auctioning off a bunch of gift cards from Overstock.com, our choose as you wish $200 Super Gift card and last but not the least the all new Apple iPad 2 gift card!

Bring in spring in style at SmartBid! Good luck!

Edited by SmartBid, 12 March 2011 - 08:07 AM.

Igotmoneytoburn
  • Igotmoneytoburn
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Just wanted to say this a great site. Lots of strategy involved.. Make sure you stick with the beginner/intermediate auctions when you first start or you're probably just wasting your money (as always.. learned that the hard way)

I joined w/ a different name, but I'm gettin better everyday!

PS: I already won my Ipad2 from here, waiting for delivery.. now go and get yours :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ipad 2, smartbid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users