fraud house auction scam yayabid

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

pmaemenag
  • pmaemenag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Yayabid.com needs to be stopped!! Investigated and prosecuted! I have already reported them to the Attorney Generals Office, BBB, and The Online Crime Center. I first found out about Yayabid.com though your Fox 31 news broadcast.
Link to broadcast on youtube:

I trusted Yayabid because I figured a news station wouldn't air it unless it was legit. Currently Yayabid owes me over $1,500.00 worth of auctions I have won and they refuse to answer their phones, email, or return any messages as to where or how I can get the items I won. They continue to sell bids and run auctions. The house auction has FAILED over and over to work properly since it started before the first of the year. They have made over $38,200.00 dollars on people like me in hopes that they have a fair chance at winning this $200,000.00 dollar home in Aurora. They have NOT refunded or gave back any bids on their failed auctions including the house. I feel that the public should be aware so no one else gets scammed by Yayabid like me and many other people. The owner stated to my husband the last time the house auction "crashed" again that he did not want the house to sell because he did not make enough money on it then it shut down that night when it started to get closer to someone winning it. It showed I won the house and they said it was a glitch in their system and I did not win and it would restart at a later date. They are stealing money from thousands of people and it's not right! PLEASE help the public be aware of this. They have the right to know!!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hello pmaenenag. Welcome to PAW! I'm glad you warned and posted about your experiences with Yayabid.. How long ago has it been since you won your items? This is definitely NOT good. The owner is a Realtor but last I checked they don't even disclose this. They told you they crashed it so it wouldn't end? I know they had reserves and kept changing things and putting the house back up. Wow it showed you won the house? Did you get a screenshot?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

yayabid.com
  • yayabid.com
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

pmaenenag,
As a representative of yayabid.com, I would like to apologize for the issues you have been encountering. We do ask our users to allow 10-14 days to process and receive auctions won. Normally we get all items out in 2-3days. There is one item on your account that was not delivered within that time frame (sent out 15 business days after win), shipping costs have been waived on that item. Other items on your account have been scheduled by you to be picked up in person at one of our open houses, which is how you have picked up a majority of the other items that you have won with our site. I believe that your concern was generated because you did not hear a response from us on these matters in a timely enough matter and for that we apologize. We look forward to you announcing that you have received all of the items that you have won. As far as the technical issues with our site, we acknowledge that they have been ongoing, which guided our decision to have the site reprogrammed. Any issues that have come about due to these issues have always been dealt with in the most ethical way possible, which may not always benefit one user in particular. We look forward to the new site being available to our users, as we want to deliver a product that is reliable. We appreciate your understanding that we are a young company, and are looking forward to the day that we will be able to move a happy family into the house we are auctioning. We will also ask that you please do not make untrue accusations of our company, as it is unethical as well as illegal. Thank you and good luck!

pmaemenag
  • pmaemenag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Yayabid,

In my opinion Yaybid is a SCAM and it is FRAUD. When you don't let your users know about changes you made to the Terms, when you violate your own FAQ and Terms, when you have so many contradictions in your Terms, FAQ and emails, when you don't let users clearly know if there is even a reserve or not, when you violate users rights to dispute, and most important when you DON'T award auctions your users have won, specially when they have proof of such winning! If you wanted to be a legit comany and not scam people like this you would have taken all their money for bids and told them that you thought the house was going to go that night and to watch it close as that is what you told me and I did, and not being aware of such a reserve at all until it ended and said Reserve not met. If your really okay with taking a hit on the house and that be your big showcase then you shouldn't have put a reserve on the house! But instead you put a reserve on it and pause it and start it over and over so people don't have a fair chance at winning it and waste so much of their time and money when the auction was never really going to end!

Yayabid still does not make it clear to your users that the reserve is in fact removed as that is not what it states in the Terms & Conditions. Sounds like Fraud to me. (fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual)

Yayabids requirements for me to continue to be a customer are completely impossible, and you can't leagally make me retrack valid and true statements I made to the media and such as stated in your emails. Yayabid refuses to take responsibilty for your faulty programming and the problems it has caused it's users. I feel you are treating me like this because you have a lot of people complaining that I win to much, and you want me off your site. Your program is at fault, not me or anything I have done or said, and I will not suffer any loss because of it.

I am fully aware of what it says on 7 news and they said to keep them updated as to how you handle the issue with the watch and my account. On the news you admit that it was your fault and that it showed I won the watch. Just because I won a lot on Yayabid is not the issue here. I am one of Yayabids biggest winners, and I know that, but that doesn't mean you don't owe me what your site has said I won!

Also, I would like to know what legal grounds you think you have for suspending my account?

Because you have failed to award me all the auctions I have won and credit the bids you owe me due to your site's malfunctions, and because you are suspending my account, after I have spent a lot of time and money to be able to bid on the House, and for 3 days of the excitement that your site showed we had won the house. Also because you fail to continue to do the right thing. I am filing a lawsuit against Mary Bogeveit as the owner of Yayabid for all of the above and much emotional distress.

The house auction has been a CONTROLLED auction and NO ONE had a chance in the begining to win it. You pull the plug so you can do your advertising to make more money on it before it goes. As Mary's husband stated he hadn't made his money on it and then that night it "crashed".

Please review attached proof, and I have so much more you have no clue what a case I have aginst Yayabid.

7 News link: Penny Auction Website Plagued By Problems - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Attached Files

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

pmae... welcome to the PA world and all of it's craziness. Looks like you have had a little baptism by fire. Sheesh.

I have to keep reminding myself that there is a reason I am told to be content with food and clothing.

I wish you the best pmae, and that this situation can be handled charitably from both sides.

BigHumpDaddy

pmaemenag
  • pmaemenag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

It has been 22 days since I won the Denver Nuggets Dart board and I still have not received it. Also the $100 Chop House gift card I have not received nor the Seiko watched valued at $625 dollars that I have proof of me winning I have not received. It us unethical and illegal for you to state things that are untrue!

findingyou3
  • findingyou3
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Pmae
just so u know the folks at yayabid are still scamming away this time instead of crashing the site they are waiting till 2 days before that house auction is over and resetting the timer for another 10 days...and if you look in their terms and conditions in bold face print it states the reserve is removed.

john32308
  • john32308
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Yayabid.com has reset the time on the house AGAIN! I did some research and found similar house in the area are going for about $160,000. Those homes are actually more square feet than the house for "sale" on Yayabid.

yayabid.com
  • yayabid.com
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

The Lawver Family account was suspended after we received notice that funds were not made available for bid packs, after items won were delivered. She has no grounds to take legal action against our company, nor has she done so. We have attempted to end all business relations with the lawverfamily account due to ongoing issues and fraudulent behavior. It is regrettable that lawverfamily no longer has the opportunity to participate on our auction site.

Ransalon
  • Ransalon
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Quite the contary to pmaemenag, I have had no issues dealing with yayabid.com. I have a stack of saved email correspondance with the company. My issue at the beginning was one with my card I used to try and purchase bids. The company proceeded to check out their entire billing system from top to bottom to find a problem that ended up solely being one of my issuing bank. I have spoken face to face with them on a few occassions at the open houses and found them always willing and able to answer my questions, including how the company does not go bankrupt selling a house as a penny auction. And in doing my due dilengence on checking out the company before doing any business with them, I have found that the loudest voice is pmaemenag, while the BBB has a rating of B for yayabid.com with the ONLY negative on them being the time the company has been in business. No complaints filed with them. Also at the open houses, I have met with and talked bidding stragety with other members and they also have reported no negative comments in their dealings. All I recommend is for others to at least try to talk with the company before taking what others say at face value.

pmaemenag
  • pmaemenag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Yayabid,

No that is not right. I never got the bids that you took money out for, that's why I sent you the email that night saying my CARD wouldn't go through! You told my bank it was because of the auto bid feature. The bids I used on the bid packs I won were with bids I won BEFORE the watch auction that you never credited me until later. I do not know how you think you can do this to me. It said it declined my card twice!! YOUR RECORDS should show that!!! You stole 303 bids from me because you are mad I went to the Media because you ignored me and refused to give me what I had won. The dart board you sent was the wrong one. The watch auction it showed I won you said I didn't and did nothing about your malfunctions. The house said I won and you said it was a glitch too! All the bids I used on malfuntioned auctions you never gave back to me either. I won a $100 John Elway gift card you said you were sending me and you never did. You said you were going to send me my account summary so why haven't I received that yet if you have nothing to hide? Because it will prove unless you alter it that what I am saying it right.

This is their response... I have not heard back from them since!

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 17:25:03 -0600
Subject: Re: My account/Lawsuit
To:

Lawver Family,
Please understand that we are in no way trying to cheat you out of anything that is yours. If you say that you never received the bids for those charges, we will go back and look over those records. If that is the case they will be credited back to your account. We have not deleted your account, it was suspended after we received noticed of the credit card charges that were reversed. It takes some time to go through our database and collect the information for your entire account history as we are running on new software and have to refer to old databases to access that information. We ask for your patience while we get this matter sorted out and assure you that we are working on your account. Thank you and we will keep you updated.

pmaemenag
  • pmaemenag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Yayabid delted my account after I told them I would not LIE as this was a condition to me being able to keep my account. As of today Yayabid has paused the auction due to technical problems again. They are on Craigslist selling all their other properties as we speak. After 6 months of this house being auctioned off and hundreds of hours watching the house I was punished for speaking up after they ignored me for weeks and did not credit me what they owed me and give me what I had won. They wouldn't even aknowledge I won anything until I took it to the media and was on channel 7 news. Yayabid stole 303 bids from me, and they wouldn't credit my account the bids that were used on malfunctioned auctions and I have not received everything I have won. I do not wish to continue to do business with them because they have treated me and my family terrible. They will have to take responsibility for what they have done to people. I know many other people whom I have spoken with are just as upset about this house and how they have run it. As far as Ransalon you are new and haven't had to deal with the crap everyone else that has been waiting for this house to go has. Yayabid said on their site that someone will move in this weekend and then take it off just to pause it again. Now they are charging people $10 per bid is completely crazy and they should have been shut down a long time ago. This auction has been going on since October of 2010! Hello that should tell you that it's been controlled! If you read the Terms and Condtitions they removed their bold print of the reserve being removed it shows again there is in fact a reserve. They make these changes to the Terms very often and I do have copies of every time they have changed it and this will be used in Court to prove fraud. All I am trying to do now is make others aware of the problems and I have very VALID reasons and proof as to everything I have said, they do not.

pmaemenag
  • pmaemenag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

What you recommend is ignorant because you do not know enough about Yayabid or how they do business to make that recommendation. Besides, I have only seen you on the site in the last week. I was Yayabids biggest winner and that's why they got rid of my account and took my bids and refused to give me what I had won because I was making more than I was spending with them. I showed them proof of the watch showing I had won and also the house it showed I had won.

pmaemenag
  • pmaemenag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

The Lawver Family account was suspended after we received notice that funds were not made available for bid packs, after items won were delivered. She has no grounds to take legal action against our company, nor has she done so. We have attempted to end all business relations with the lawverfamily account due to ongoing issues and fraudulent behavior. It is regrettable that lawverfamily no longer has the opportunity to participate on our auction site.

Privacy Policy

"We are committed to protecting the privacy of information we maintain about you. Below are details about our commitment, including the types of information we collect, how we use and share that information, and your ability to limit certain information sharing. This Privacy Notice applies to customers and other consumers with whom we have a relationship, as well as to former customers and participants."

Dear Yayabid,

You sharing your personal opinions on my account violates your own Privacy Policy. You still have not provided me with my account information like you said you would so I could prove to you that what you have done to me was wrong and illegal. You can not just close my account and steal my bids and not award me what I have won just because you don't like that I have spoken out against Yayabid for not doing things right. I tried very diligently to communicate with you and resolve the issues I had before I took it to the BBB and Media and you refused to communicate with me and I HAVE proof of this. Only when the reporter contacted you Mary called me. That is NOT good business and I will get what you owe me and I will take legal action to get it. I was giving you a chance to figure it out like you said you were doing. Obviously you have no intentions of doing what you have told me. What is regreatable Yayabid is that I thought you were good people, now I know you are scamming everyone who gives you money for that house. Also when you sent me the invite for the open house all kinds of people were saying your scamming them so I am NOT the only one who feels this is a HUGE scam. Over 5 months and no house until you make your money on it. What happened to your loss you claimed you were going to take on it? Your selling all your other properties so there will no longer be a Yayabid. It's a lottery not a auction and it's contolled at that!

Edited by pmaemenag, 12 May 2011 - 02:59 PM.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Yaybid.com is GONE?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Update it's still there, the URL forwarded to yayabid_revamp and said page wasn't found..

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

pmaemenag
  • pmaemenag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Real Estate Commission Disciplinary action against Real Estate Broker Mary Bogeveit - Owner of Yayabid.com

http://www.dora.stat...ETVEIT_MARY.pdf

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Real Estate Commission Disciplinary action against Real Estate Broker Mary Bogeveit - Owner of Yayabid.com

http://www.dora.stat...ETVEIT_MARY.pdf

It's also an ethics violation to not clearly display in marketing that the owner is a realtor... I know I've posted it before & even told them on the phone.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

pmaemenag
  • pmaemenag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

It's also an ethics violation to not clearly display in marketing that the owner is a realtor... I know I've posted it before & even told them on the phone.

UPDATE: Yayabid is now stating on the site that their will be a refund issued for bids used on the house auction. The house auction has been canceled indefinitely. I watched as it raised .10 cents every 5 seconds as they charged people $10 per bid the last few times it ran, reaching over $140,000 they made on the house. They have not sent a notification to people only posting it on their site if you want your money fill out a form and you have to prove how much you spent on it. Not every time I bought bids I got a receipt. I have been blocked from viewing my bids used in my account. I also have still not received everything I have won. I hope they give back every penny used on the house! They can't give back people their time and frustration the least they should do is go out of their way to contact the people who gave them money and give it back!

pmaemenag
  • pmaemenag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Now do you respect Yayabid? Hopefully you got all your money back!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fraud, house auction, scam, yayabid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users