• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Spinne
  • Spinne
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I joined the forum for this reason.
I started really good and won a few auctions and should have quit while I was ahead really but now I just can't seem to win anything. NOTHING. and a few things didn't seem right to me including some interesting user names. So, I decided to put my knowledge to good use and do some digging and this is something I found out about one the things that seemed fishy to me.

I'm knew to this, I just joined QuiBids at the beggining of the month so not to familiar and wanted to know what you guys made of it.
I know their rules say that it's not allowed to have multiple accounts:
Only one account per person, Only one account per house hold but I have found out (Don't ask me how) That there are a few users on QuiBids who have won a few items with a different User ID, each with its own email address but from the same exact IP Address.
That's not all, on each of the Accounts this person has more than 3 wins.
Here's how it breaks down, person has 4 accounts. These are the items won and for how much. What do you guys think? Is it a bot? or just a person with a really good technique and a few accounts. FYI I thought it was a bot at first but this was paid from paypal (don't ask)
Account #1 -
50 Bids Voucher 0.46 50 Bids Voucher 0.46 50 Bids Voucher 0.48 25 Bids Voucher 0.07 25 Bids Voucher 0.23 25 Bids Voucher 0.08 Account #2 -
50 Bids Voucher 0.37 50 Bids Voucher 0.22 50 Bids Voucher 0.06 25 Bids Voucher 0.1 $200 You Choose It! 0.77 25 Bids Voucher 0.08
$200 You Choose It! 0.8 Account #3 -
50 Bids Voucher 0.17 50 Bids Voucher 0.12 50 Bids Voucher 0.34 Account #4 -
50 Bids Voucher 0.11 50 Bids Voucher 0.11 50 Bids Voucher 0.12 50 Bids Voucher 0.11 50 Bids Voucher 0.06 50 Bids Voucher

What do you guys think?:oh::S:mad:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hi Spinne, :welcome: to PAW! I am very curious how you found that the users bidding had the same IP addresses. Can you tell us? Thanks!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Spinne
  • Spinne
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank You! :madface:
I can't post it here how I got that information but I didn't use any bots or or scripts or anything even remotely related to.
Also, I figured out that these are not bots, so, it looks as if me losing was my own fault which is a good thing.
Now I'm wondering if there would be any way for me to report these users though? because I still can't figure out how they're able to win more than 3 daily bids or how they get away with having more than one account?

Hi Spinne, :welcome: to PAW! I am very curious how you found that the users bidding had the same IP addresses. Can you tell us? Thanks!

Spinne
  • Spinne
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

PennyAuctionWatch, sorry I don't know your name, how do I send a private message? I was gonna send you one but can't figure out how

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

We have private messaging disabled to deter collusion.Please send me an email Contact Us - Penny Auction Watch℠ Forum Thanks!!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

nit2winn
  • nit2winn
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I would like to know how you found this out please.

I joined the forum for this reason.
I started really good and won a few auctions and should have quit while I was ahead really but now I just can't seem to win anything. NOTHING. and a few things didn't seem right to me including some interesting user names. So, I decided to put my knowledge to good use and do some digging and this is something I found out about one the things that seemed fishy to me.

I'm knew to this, I just joined QuiBids at the beggining of the month so not to familiar and wanted to know what you guys made of it.
I know their rules say that it's not allowed to have multiple accounts:
Only one account per person, Only one account per house hold but I have found out (Don't ask me how) That there are a few users on QuiBids who have won a few items with a different User ID, each with its own email address but from the same exact IP Address.
That's not all, on each of the Accounts this person has more than 3 wins.
Here's how it breaks down, person has 4 accounts. These are the items won and for how much. What do you guys think? Is it a bot? or just a person with a really good technique and a few accounts. FYI I thought it was a bot at first but this was paid from paypal (don't ask)
Account #1 -
50 Bids Voucher 0.46 50 Bids Voucher 0.46 50 Bids Voucher 0.48 25 Bids Voucher 0.07 25 Bids Voucher 0.23 25 Bids Voucher 0.08 Account #2 -
50 Bids Voucher 0.37 50 Bids Voucher 0.22 50 Bids Voucher 0.06 25 Bids Voucher 0.1 $200 You Choose It! 0.77 25 Bids Voucher 0.08
$200 You Choose It! 0.8 Account #3 -
50 Bids Voucher 0.17 50 Bids Voucher 0.12 50 Bids Voucher 0.34 Account #4 -
50 Bids Voucher 0.11 50 Bids Voucher 0.11 50 Bids Voucher 0.12 50 Bids Voucher 0.11 50 Bids Voucher 0.06 50 Bids Voucher

What do you guys think?:oh::S:mad:

whodatbids
  • whodatbids
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Hello, just to collaborate on this in a different way. There was multiple people complaining about colluding on quibids facebook page and quibids would not answer, then quibids goes and shuts down all posting on their facebook page. You can only comment on what they put up. Also there was an auction I was in where the person, I believed was a shill went over the value price and yes this was using the price at the time and his bids spent, I waited till he won and looked, because I knew that he should have had to buy it now before me. Well quibids said this couldn't be done, then the rep went to her supervisor and come back and said oh it was a technical issue and refunded me my full amount. This I believe fully was a shill I was bidding against and was not set to stop at the value price. Their crooked ways are truly coming out and more and more people are seeing this. They deleted all comments on facebook, which proves they are guilty of it.

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Hello, just to collaborate on this in a different way. There was multiple people complaining about colluding on quibids facebook page and quibids would not answer, then quibids goes and shuts down all posting on their facebook page. You can only comment on what they put up. Also there was an auction I was in where the person, I believed was a shill went over the value price and yes this was using the price at the time and his bids spent, I waited till he won and looked, because I knew that he should have had to buy it now before me. Well quibids said this couldn't be done, then the rep went to her supervisor and come back and said oh it was a technical issue and refunded me my full amount. This I believe fully was a shill I was bidding against and was not set to stop at the value price. Their crooked ways are truly coming out and more and more people are seeing this. They deleted all comments on facebook, which proves they are guilty of it.

Why do you keep bidding there? You have been fussing about quibids for months? There are all kinds of pa's out there.... Quibids sux plain and simple!

muchomaas
  • muchomaas
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Spinne:

These are pretty serious accusations. Making claims like this against an industry leader like Quibids doesn't just give them a black eye, it gives everyone a black eye. Additionally, how could you know that information? I understand how PAW is able to easily determine when penny auction sites are posting bogus reviews, because it owns the server upon which we access the forum. But how would you know?

Personally, I don't like to bid on Quibids, but that's a matter of preference, nothing else. Additionally, if I were to bid regularly on Quibids, I can think of lots of reasons and lots of scenarios in which I would bid beyond the buy in now price. For one, if the auction were just down to you and I, and I thought you were counting my bids, and had jumped me and were hoping to wait me out, I might want to make sure that your tactic wasn't profitable for one, and that you and others understood that if you wanted to win the auction, you were going to have to win it old school.

I read your post, and frankly, I don't know what to think. But I don't think it is fair to us for you to make such inflammatory accusations and then say, "don't ask." I'm asking. And I think many others among us are too.

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

For one, if the auction were just down to you and I, and I thought you were counting my bids, and had jumped me and were hoping to wait me out, I might want to make sure that your tactic wasn't profitable for one, and that you and others understood that if you wanted to win the auction, you were going to have to win it old school.

I have been in this scenario before. One time I needed to buy more bids and I was close to BIN on an item. Instead of buying normal bids I did a BIN on a 250 bidpack auction so I could place bids that do not count towards BIN so that the other bidder would have to go for it old school. It was against a bidder that consistently caused me to have to BIN.

Boby
  • Boby
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

These are the people with multiple accounts bidding on the same auctions on quibids. I have been watching them for months scamming other bidders so I am 100% sure. I even reported them to quibids but it seems like they don't care much. They removed just a few accounts and others are still active.Maybe you should report them too . if you see any of these bidders bidding on the auction watch closely and you will see that they will start bidding with one of their account and jump with other account within 10 bids.
This person uses 2accounts: lovelygirlof, hypertension
This one uses 3 acc:doubleagent, dreamsmasher,illmakeyousuffer
This one uses 7 accounts: portico77,abraekevelt,rustynail4u,buckshot999,wheneverquit2,tmtexpress,unkyrara
This one uses 2 acc:bidngclosed,nvrgonalose
This uses 2 acc:wishu,hduffy201
This usses 2 acc: poorgirl5,uwilllose2
This uses 3 acc: iheartjbk,lilscoopfox,jermda1
This one uses 2 acc: lrjetlag, beldred
This one uses2 acc:crazydust, bidibotc

Rene
  • Rene
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

How do you get that info?

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

How do you get that info?

Good question. I wonder too.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

deenie61
  • deenie61
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

I can't be sure, but I don't think Quibids needs shills. They are so big, advertise everywhere and have a constant influx of new people who bid like their life depends on it. All this info?(don't ask) I think it has the makings of # 11....Top Ten Conspiracy Theories | Moon Landing Hoax, JFK's Assassination & The Roswell (UFO) Crash Cover-Up | LiveScience

JustDoIt
  • JustDoIt
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Not that this is necessarily relevant, but me and a few guys from my college house all signed up from the same IP address and we just talked to them and they said it was fine, as long as we don't refer one another, and dont bid on the same auctions as each other. They never banned us or anything, just took away our referral credits.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I can't be sure, but I don't think Quibids needs shills. They are so big, advertise everywhere and have a constant influx of new people who bid like their life depends on it. All this info?(don't ask) I think it has the makings of # 11....Top Ten Conspiracy Theories | Moon Landing Hoax, JFK's Assassination & The Roswell (UFO) Crash Cover-Up | LiveScience

You know, it's interesting - many people I meet in social settings (offline) seem to have heard of QuiBids (though they can't seem to pronounce the name, they've heard of them.).

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Boby
  • Boby
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I never said that the people with multiple accounts work for quibids. These people are doing more damage to quibids than to us other bidders since they would end auctions much earlier by bidding with several accounts at the same time in the same auction.

Boby
  • Boby
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If you see a bidder using bidomatic and doesn't stop for at least 30 bids and suddenly the new bidder comes in placing only one bid and the new guy wins the auction its not guaranteed scam but it looks like one. I always try to remember both bidders. An hour later in other auction the same 2 bidders are playing and one of them wins again.Now I am 90 % sure its a scam. The folowing day I checked my watched auctions to see if some of them are still going . Found out that ended auctions (2 of them) are won again with the same 2 bidders. Those 2 bidders are always on the top of the bidding list so its easy to see the scam and these 2 never bid against each other. I tested them several times.So I decided to make a list of them. And yes you will never see one of these bidders without the other one in the same auction.
I see that quibids FINALLY desabled all multiple account leaving them with one original they started with.Its been 2 months and I really don't see scammers anymore on quibids.It feels very safe now.

Randomguy
  • Randomguy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I gave up on QuiBids even though I did well. I would have agreed that at one point I felt I ran into 'tag team' people who would bid against each other/stop to see if they could snake the win.

The trap pages are what eventually caused me to leave... My buddy joined after seeing how well I did on QuiBids and would ask questions about auctions and I got upset in seeing how many different auctions he got access to that I didn't.

Haven't tried them in months. Been focusing on other sites and doing pretty decent. Have racked up some stockpiles of gold/silver, ipads and more... wife just shakes her head... ahh the joys of a pennyauction addict.

rogerd61
  • rogerd61
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I thought that quibids had fixed this problem, but there are some folks that have figured out a way around it. In three days I have watched this person use multiple accounts to gain an unfair advantage. Here are the usernames he has (and keep in mind that there are probably more). Watch for any of these names and you will see a couple more pop up in that same auction. This is not a guess, it is a certainty, there is no question.

R9xYsZhQ
Maifai3421
Morganscott
URGONNABUYNOW
OHSHTUBETTERQUIT
GOINGALLTHEWAY99
Giveupnow1985
Abaziro (I'm not 100% certain about this one but the rest are for sure)

Quibids does not care. I have provided them with all of these names and numerous specific auctions where the collusion took place. I got a generic email response back from their compliance dept about their concern. However, these folks continue to bid.

If you are bidding in an auction and one of these users shows up, sit back and only bid with one second left and watch the show. You will see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acounts, bots, cheating, question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users