ipad 2 launch new penny auction site opening ps3 bundle

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

MyUsername
  • MyUsername
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Is there going to be a daily win limit also? Seems like one person is winning a lot of the auctions. Your shipping costs are very high. I see an alarm clock that says it has a retail price of 19.99 and the shipping is 12.99. Someone is going to REALLY need an alarm clock to justify paying 13 dollars shipping on that.

xpander1216
  • xpander1216
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Looks very fishy. Bidders on different auctions bidding at the exact same time, exactly at 5 seconds. Bidpacks ( Free to bid ) going 15 dollars over what they cost? Was the Ipad cancelled that went for $1.11?

NO because I won the Ipad a Full hour after all this happened I get that bad boy :)

They got the site back as stated in their post above at Apr 29th, 21:25 and I won the Ipad and Ipod at Apr 29th, 22:42:18 and Apr 29th, 21:57:35 bot h were after this time they say the server was down so BOTH my wins are legit and do count ;)

Edited by xpander1216, 01 May 2011 - 05:08 AM.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

Sorry, won't be spending anymore money here, I guess this site just got way to much traffic way to fast. Used up all my bids and couldn't even win a $10 Gift Card...I know many other sites that I can look at...hope the best goes for the other bidders.

xpander1216
  • xpander1216
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Looks very fishy. Bidders on different auctions bidding at the exact same time, exactly at 5 seconds. Bidpacks ( Free to bid ) going 15 dollars over what they cost? Was the Ipad cancelled that went for $1.11?

I would like to also add that even if it was PDT

Business Name:
Triple S Enterprises, Inc (The recipient of this payment is Verified) Email:
payment@bidzang.com
Total amount:
-$26.10 USDFee amount:
$0.00 USDNet amount:
-$26.10 USD

Item amount:
$26.10 USDSales Tax:
$0.00 USDShipping:
$0.00 USDHandling:
$0.00 USDQuantity:
Item Title:
Apple iPad 2 (16GB, Wifi, Black) NEWEST MODELItem Number:
5897Date:
Apr 29, 2011Time:
19:44:49 PDT <<<<<<<<------- Which would be 7:42 EST a full9 minutes before the servers went down ;) { NOTE : this is when I payed for it which means I won it Long before the servers went down.}Status:
Completed

xpander1216
  • xpander1216
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

I would like to also add that even if it was PDT

Business Name:
Triple S Enterprises, Inc (The recipient of this payment is Verified) Email:
payment@bidzang.com
Total amount:
-$26.10 USDFee amount:
$0.00 USDNet amount:
-$26.10 USD

Item amount:
$26.10 USDSales Tax:
$0.00 USDShipping:
$0.00 USDHandling:
$0.00 USDQuantity:
Item Title:
Apple iPad 2 (16GB, Wifi, Black) NEWEST MODELItem Number:
5897Date:
Apr 29, 2011Time:
19:44:49 PDT <<<<<<<<------- Which would be 7:44 EST a full9 minutes before the servers went down ;) { NOTE : this is when I payed for it which means I won it Long before the servers went down.}Status:
Completed

So anyway you want to look at it I got it before the server went down or I got it after the server went back up. They cant say any dif. not now that they posted this----

All auctions that were ending from 7:51 PM EST to 9:20 were actually cancelled and bids were refunded. The server was down for nearly 2 hours last night starting at 7:45 and back up at 9:25. see even at 7:45 as stated here it will not apply to my Ipad win because I paid for it before any of this happens...paid in full at 7:44 PDT but that is 10:44 EST baby. :)

sheeeshhh my math is all messed up lol I won it at 10:44 EST which would be 7:44 PDT anyway its before or after the time they said the servers went down and came back up.

Edited by xpander1216, 01 May 2011 - 05:39 AM.

berrybare
  • berrybare
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

LOL
Logitech S220 2.1 Speaker System
Retail - $29.99
Amazon price - $20.00
Shipping - $19.99
Savings - $0.01

Great site, buddy!

MyUsername
  • MyUsername
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

LOL
Logitech S220 2.1 Speaker System
Retail - $29.99
Amazon price - $20.00
Shipping - $19.99
Savings - $0.01

Great site, buddy!

If you think that's bad. There is an alarm clock that goes for just over $15 on Amazon and the shipping price on Bidzang is 19.99. They actually list the retail price on bidzang as 19.99 and then you pan to the bottom it says the shipping price is 19.99. Hell, the same unit on the same auction site had a shipping price of 12.99 yesterday. So in one day the shipping cost went up by 7 bucks. If you need an alarm clock THAT bad, just buy it direct from Amazon for almost 5 bucks cheaper and you'll get free shipping from Amazon. haha

xpander1216
  • xpander1216
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Just got my email from bidzang......and my auctions are goodwoot... I get my Ipad... woohoo bidzang rocks:punk:

quote:
Just checked your auctions, they are ok! Congratulations on winning our first big ticket item! We will begin processing all won auctions for the weekend on Monday. We will email you once we have shipped the product. Please allow 14 days for the orders to be processed.

Keep Bidzanging!

Team Bidzang!

bidzang
  • bidzang
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

No the iPad was won at $1.11 on April 29. We had a too much load on the server so we had to upgrade 25 minutes after we launched, it took us a bit to get everything calibrated properly. Alls fine now, sorry for the inconvinience.

bidzang
  • bidzang
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Please excuse some of the glitches in our system. After the crash we have had a few holes in our product databases. We have been working around the clock to get all shipping costs and retail prices adjusted again.

Also, the only reason it seems as though 1 or 2 people are winning everything is because they are the only ones bidding. We have provided all members with substantial free bids for a new auction site. Most offer 3-4 bids for registering, we gave all members a chance to start with up to 15 bids.

For you guys who have won items, please post how many auctions you won with your 1st 15 bids. If I'm not mistaken xpander won his Shuffle and Ipad for under 35 bids.

We are also offering bid pack auctions every 15 minutes, and these members are taking advantage of it. Please keep in mind that we have to be able to buy the product as well. You cannot expect to win all items with just 15 free bids. The point of a penny auction site is to give our members a chance to snag items at a substantial discount.

As far as the product prices go, you are talking about an alarm clock (1 item out of the 50+ we have auctioned). We do not search the net for the cheapest place to get it, we list MSRP for you to reference, but we never sell it to you at MSRP, so if you can get it for less than .02 on amazon, go ahead.

We will review and adjust all shipping prices, but keep in mind that amazon may ship for free, but they also do not sell the product for pennies on the dollar, so if you want to shop go to amazon, if you want to save on almost all products come to us!

We want to run a legitimate penny auction site with no bots, when you go to our site we do not have 40 simultaneous auction ending at the same time because we do not run bots. It's a bit frustrating that everyone wants to bash a site that is trying to do right before you even try it. Ask our winner, the ones that actually bid on items, the ones winning $50 Walmart cards for $.03, or the PS3 for $1.47. How is that fishy?

As far as limits, we want to set more strict limits, but unless our 300+ members participate we cannot just shut out the few one's that are. In order to offer a more equal forum we have suspended users that were dominating the boards. Now if you come to the site, the auctions that were going for $.20 are now going for $.10. What more can we do? Give your suggestions, we will listen. But pleae don't knock us on a public forum until you actually try and participate, or at least reach us.

As far as the bid packs selling for more than Retail. All these auctions are still unpaid. We do not appreciate members coming to the site and raising the prices beyond the price we are selling it for just because it is free. Whether you are from another site or just being a pest, you will be suspended if you have more than 2 unpaid auctions for a 48hr period. This will keep other site admins from making us look like we are shilling or running bots.

We gave the free bids so you can try the site, but they do you no good sitting in your account unused. We ran 3 auctions yesterday for beginners, no previous winners could win them, guess how many people bid on them. (3)

So why all the complaining?

The guys who are having a good experience, please help us out here. I feel like we are being crushed unfairly!

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

I didn't see any beginner auctions...are they labeled as beginner auctions? And the same people keep winning..

bidzang
  • bidzang
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

For all our members that may be influenced by posts please check out the following page to see what people are winning items for, we hide nothing...

Closed Auctions | bidzang.com

Thanks and Happy Bidzanging!

citcelsyD
  • citcelsyD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Congrats, expander1216, glad to hear you are getting your wins.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

jusy to give everybody the heads up the rexter65 on this site is a fake i signed up as realrexter65

bidzang
  • bidzang
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Please note the following. We have recently suspended a user for driving up the prices on items. This user has been bidding under goingRETAIL and Bidzangbot3. This user has registered under an alias. We take it very seriously when you come to the site try to tasrnish our credibility. From this point forward any user who:

1) uses BIDZANG or any form of it in their name and/or
2) bids on free bids beyond the retail mark more than 2 times

will be suspended immediately. And we may post a screenshot of his/her information on any and all forums/newletters for other bidders and sites to watch out for.

Sorry all! Not sure why people have nothing better to do than this!

If you are a legitimate user, please complete your information by Monday 11:59PM EST, after which we will be suspending users with suspicious profiles until their identity can be verified.

We are not playing around with this, as it makes the forum unfair and annoying to our "real" members!

bidzang
  • bidzang
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Classified.... We realized that the reverse banner did not show on the page, therefore we credited bids back. If the winner of the auction wants the win, we will still honor it without taking the bids back, but we are assuming they did not know.

Better safe than members feeling duped.

Just one way we are trying to be fair.

yellow0102
  • yellow0102
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

i really want to bring up this new site that i came across called Auctions :: Good2GoGaming

i won an ipod nano the other day for $0.02 (and i have screen shots to prove it). the best part was that they were free bids for registering! at first, i did not think that i would actually receive the item, but after i contacted Josh, the owner, he told me that he would have it shipped to me ASAP. I just got an email from paypal saying that the label was printed, and the item was shipped! i have spent a little bit of time giving him tips and helping him with the site. He is great at service and he wants to help!

By now, you all probably think that i am Josh. If you dont believe me, just go and check it out!

yellow0102
  • yellow0102
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

dont go to bidzang. they suspended my account for NO REASON at all!

yellow0102
  • yellow0102
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

i do think that they shill as well. i can never seem to win an auction, and i have lost lots of money

bidzang
  • bidzang
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Yellow, I am sorry to hear you are having a problem with the site. What is your username so I can look into this. I saw you bidding earlier under Yellow... I think, is this correct?

Did you change your username?

What is it now so I can look into any issues you may have had with the auctions you participated in?

By all means if you have something negative to say about the site, we are all grown ups and we will look into correcting it for the future, but try and refrain from marketing another site on my thread, as there is an entire forum for this. We would not do this on another sites thread. Thank you for understanding.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ipad 2, launch, new penny auction site, opening, ps3 bundle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users