Started by goathunt79 , May 04 2011 08:45 PM

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

I would like to welcome everyone to my new site FishnBang.com. Auctions will be starting in a couple weeks so sign up today! I'm sure you've heard that before. The site will mainly be for hunters and fisherman with some camping and hiking gear too. I run a gun shop and play on some sites in my free time and decided it was time for a site to capture that niche. It goes without saying that there will never be bots or shill bidders on my site as I've been burned by a few sites before and I won't stand for it!! I am open to any criticism or suggestions anyone may have on the site. Please feel free to check it out and let me know how insane I am for trying this.

I tried posting this yesterday and it never made it so I thought I'd try again. I apologize if this turns out to be a double post. Good luck and happy bidding!

Thanks, Troy

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

I failed to mention that some of the auctions will have the buy it now feature. However, unlike most other auction sites, the buy it now price isn't full retail or inflated retail. Instead, our buy it now price is well below retail! I buy direct from the manufacture as much as possible to help keep the prices down. And one other thing, I won't run an auction without the item already being in stock in my shop. This will speed up shipping vastly and really help in keeping my customers satisfied. Thanks again, Troy

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Hey Troy, just out of curiosity, how will you be shipping these guns to the people who win them? Are you shipping just within the US? Gun laws are different in Canada, so I just find this a little strange.

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

All guns will be shipped to a Federal Firearm License(FFL) dealer. Right now I am only allowing the guns to be bid on by U.S. residents but that may change down the road when I determine what I need to do to legally ship a gun to Canada and what costs will be incurred by doing so. Thanks, Troy

tnvolfan2
  • tnvolfan2
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Just registered for your site, hope it does great. We have seen to many new sites open only to close a couple of weeks later. If you run an honest site with good customer service you should do very well with this theme. Are you going to place reserves on the auctions?

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Thanks volfan! There won't be reserves on any of the auctions. My gun shop, in 2 years time, has become the place to buy guns because of my low prices and great customer service. I have every intention of running my site the same way! With the help of a couple family members, I plan of shipping products within 2-3 days max and respond to any questions within a few hours. Thanks for registering! Troy

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

Only 13 more days! Yay!

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Good to see I'm not the only person excited about this! I know its still 13 days away but I am using this time to advertise and get more products in stock. I added a couple more yesterday and I just received some more fishing and hunting stuff today that I will add soon. Some of the stuff I will be adding includes: fishing rods, knives, signs, trail cameras, wall clock, climbing deer stand, and more! Also, if you refer a friend and they purchase a bid package, you will earn 10 free bids! Thanks to all who have registered so far! Troy

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Does anybody on here have any suggestions on what products you would like to see added to the site? I have roughly 150 guns in stock I can add at any time along with many accessories but I would like your opinions. Thanks, Troy

goodluck2u
  • goodluck2u
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Are there any problems with shipping to California. With all our gunlaws I thought there might be obstacles.

rainbow56
  • rainbow56
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

I signed up, now counting the days to begin!! Thanks

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Thanks rainbow!! I have no issues with sending a gun to California, goodluck2u, as long as it is a California compliant gun. I know there are magazine restrictions on handguns out there so it depends on the gun. I need to research it a little more but I believe most long guns that I stock are legal in California as well so those shouldn't be an issue. Thanks, Troy

tnvolfan2
  • tnvolfan2
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I know most Dealers charge a fee when you have a gun shipped in for pick up, is that something the bidder will have to work out or is that going to be handled on your end? Just wondering how that will figure into the final price. Thanks

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

The winning bidder will have to work that out. I have a list of current dealers FFL's I have on hand already on the site. The winner will pick the dealer they want to use and I will send the gun to the dealer once I receive a copy of their license if I don't already have one. The transfer fee is entirely up to the dealer the winner uses. Around here its usually $20 but I do know of some places that charge as much as $40. Usually, it isn't too hard to find a dealer who will accept the transfer as they are making a little money for minimal work involved and theres a chance they might gain a new customer out of the deal. Thanks, Troy

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Only 6 days remaining until the auctions start!!! I've been adding more items daily so check it out if you haven't in a while. I'm still open to suggestions if you guys and gals have any product you want added to the site. Also, I just opened an account with Shimano! They make some of the best fishing equipment around and are the parent company to G Loomis which is what a lot of the pros use. Just another way I am trying to avoid the middle man to save customers as much as I can! Don't forget to refer a friend to earn free bids. And remember, some of the auctions will have the buy it now feature, so even if you don't win, you still can! Thanks, Troy

monkeyft
  • monkeyft
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

goathunt79- I just checked it out. WOW! Beautiful design. I am very impressed. Whoever maintains your site sure knows what they are doing. I wish you luck, but I doubt you will have to rely on it.

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Thanks monkeyft!!!

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Auctions start today! Thanks to all who have signed up and good luck! Troy

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Just signed up and thought I would give it a "shot". ;-)

BigHumpDaddy

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Thanks BigHumpDaddy! There were some huge savings on yesterdays auctions and I'm sure today will be the same! I am shipping yesterdays won auctions now so all the winners should receive them quickly. Thanks again, Troy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users