Started by goathunt79 , May 04 2011 08:45 PM

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Just registered. Looking forward to bidding! Much success to you!

tnvolfan2
  • tnvolfan2
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Troy, received my knife already, very nice. Thanks for the super fast shipping.

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Thanks 824! You're welcome tnvolfan! I appreciate everyone's patience during the server upgrade. After making this change, we are having a problem with the license for some reason. I am hopeful that this gets resolved yet today so the auctions can resume tonight as planned. Unfortunately, I can't even log into the site to send out a newsletter or change the message the site shows. Bear with us and with any luck we will be up and going later today. Thanks, Troy

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Finally, the site is live again! Due to this just happening, we have pushed back all auctions 24 hours. All auctions will resume at 6p.m. CST on Saturday June 11th. Thanks for your patience during this transition. Thanks, Troy

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

I just wanted to pop in and say Thanks for such fast shipping. I've received all my wins with the exception of the one I just won...hehehe Looking forward to more of the goodies you put up..

Oh and by the way - that Facebook post was from ME.... (check the name against my email addy)

8)

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Hey lady k, just wanted to say that, if you haven't found a dealer in Houston, Carter Country off of Katy Freeway will help you out. Their contact person is named Sandy. I believe she coordinates for all of their stores in case there is a store closer to you? You might also try the place you got your CHL...They may do the transfer for cheaper.

Good luck!

Ps...you totally stole my gun safe! Lol. Congrats on the win! I'm hoping fishnbang will offer another soon!

Edited by 824addiction, 15 June 2011 - 03:48 PM.

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Hey LadyK, I realised the post was from you shortly after I said it wasn't, my bad, lol! I've been getting auction wins shipped the next day and I think that is going to be a big key for me to keep customers shopping on our site. 824addiction, that was a steal on that safe! We will be putting another one on in the near future. I just added some guns as well so keep checking back and you might see that safe on there pretty soon. Thanks everyone, Troy

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Hey lady k, just wanted to say that, if you haven't found a dealer in Houston, Carter Country off of Katy Freeway will help you out. Their contact person is named Sandy. I believe she coordinates for all of their stores in case there is a store closer to you? You might also try the place you got your CHL...They may do the transfer for cheaper.

Good luck!

Ps...you totally stole my gun safe! Lol. Congrats on the win! I'm hoping fishnbang will offer another soon!

824... Sorry about the safe but it looked like something my hubby could use while traveling to the rigs! As for Carter Country... Thanks for the input I had already spoken with Sandy at our location in Spring... However I have found my sons gun range is a lot closer and family oriented... (Very Friendly) also where he got his CHL... It's Thunder Gun Range in Conroe... well 1314...

You must be near Katy.... I'm up 59N in Kingwood! Thanks again for the helping hand...

FnB.. That was a steal as are a lot of your products right now.... THANK U... I'm enjoying myself alot and I know the guns listings will increase as you get the site going... If we are lucky maybe Philly will go on vacation and give us all a chance to steal a bargain on a firearm...LOL ::::::: Just kiddin Philly ::::::

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

I've asked that user to take a break on the featured auctions until next week so everyone has a fair chance. I am going to implement a change in the win limits in the coming days. I'm still trying to decide but I'm thinking something like: $0-$100 5 in a 7 day period, $101-$300 2 in a 7 day period, and $301-up 1 in a 7 day period. I am open to suggestions on this if anyone has some input for me. Thanks, Troy

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Well I think those are great limits but when you put them into affect tonight it really messed up my bidding.

With the old limits and our limit page still up this morning I had 2 slots left.

With the NEW limits you put up and now our limit page gone.... I would have still had ONE SLOT left to be able to bid on the bidpack tonight but
I got a red message that said I had exceeded my limits and was unable to bid.

The new limits allowed 2 wins in 7 days for items $101 - $300 and I only have one item I had won in that value... leaving me with one slot open to go
for the bid pack valued at $150...

So something you did to put these in place is messed up... I sure hope you can figure out what went wrong and fix it.

It was not fair tonight for me that I was unable to bid... when I had a slot open... especially since I would have had a slot open with the OLD and the NEW win limits... I'm bummed... might not have won but I would have given it a shot...

Now I'm concerned that I can't bid at all...

I'm thinking the system thinks 1 item in 7 days with out the dollar amounts attached.... Check it out Troy and get back to us!

Thanks...

LK

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

UPDATE: Got an email from Troy... he asked me to place a bid on the GUN tonight to see if I could.... NOPE the system locked me out...

For those of you that get the same message no fear Troy is on it... woot

Edited by LadyK, 18 June 2011 - 02:49 AM.

Just1Penny
  • Just1Penny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

good luck with the new site Troy. Hope all works out great. sounds like a great idea. i work as a mechanic and most my co-workers are fishing NUTS. ill drop your name to couple of them and see if i can get them to join :)

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

LK

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

UPDATE: Got an email from Troy... he asked me to place a bid on the GUN tonight to see if I could.... NOPE the system locked me out...

For those of you that get the same message no fear Troy is on it... woot

10:00pm another Update: Troy sent this out to all if you have not seen it in your email as of yet...

Hey Bidders,

All auctions are canceled effective immediately. Our new dedicated server has malfunctioned. We will be switching to the best server there is available over the weekend. This will be completed on Monday and we are planning to resume auctions on Tuesday if all goes as planned. We apologize for any inconvenience. All bids from the 250 Bid Package auction will be refunded due to the server malfunction. Thanks for your patience as we try to make the bidding experience the best and most fair for all bidders.

The FishnBang Team

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Lol! I read your post earlier that you were having trouble logging on to the site. I was jumping on to let you know that you could rest easy as the site was refusing to let the auction proceed without your participation. :-). Looks like you got the memo. You suppose the server is holding out for Philly too? Lol. Jk.

No worries Troy. Growing pains. This time next year, you'll be able to look back and laugh

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Lol! I read your post earlier that you were having trouble logging on to the site. I was jumping on to let you know that you could rest easy as the site was refusing to let the auction proceed without your participation. :-). Looks like you got the memo. You suppose the server is holding out for Philly too? Lol. Jk.

No worries Troy. Growing pains. This time next year, you'll be able to look back and laugh

Can't stop laughing.... Good one!!!! 8)

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Thanks Just1Penny! Hey LadyK, I am working on the limit issue. The reason it wouldn't let you bid on the gun auction last night is tricky but I'll try to explain it. You have the leading bid on the Mossberg. Until someone outbids you on that auction, you can't bid on any big auction prior to that because the program sees you as the leader in that auction and thats a potential win which would be the limit on the over $300 item. I guess it kind of takes away the tag and defend method a little because you can't tag an auction a few days in advance and be the leader and still try to win an auction prior to that one that you tagged. Does that make sense? Now, the middle range win limit hasn't been figured out yet as you only have 1 win in that category in the last 7 days and weren't leading any future auctions in that range at the time you tried to bid. It's going to take some time but I'll figure it out and get it set right. Once this is working properly, I will notify all of the users and let them know that is how the limits work. Fingers crossed, this will be resolved by the time the server change is done on Monday. Also, I am working on setting the bid butlers to fire randomnly in the last 5 seconds instead of a set time. I think this will make for a better bid butler and user experience. Thanks, Troy

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Troy I also realized the bid would not be accepted after I tried it and then thought oh yeah... I have already bid on another item valued in the same category... as the lead bidder. However you are right it still does not explain why the bidpack auction would not let me bid when I only used one of my two slots for that one.... Thanks for working on figuring it out... hope it's fixed by the time the site is ready to go again... As for the butlers firing off at random... That would be a give and take... some like it timed, others don't... so that one could make you money or lose it for ya... I guess only time will tell from your side. 8)

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Well, fingers crossed, we are ready to start selling again!! We've done some testing and things are working great. The new server seems really fast and the bid butler is functioning smooth as well. Also, I believe the win limits are now working properly. Auctions start at 6:30p.m. CST tonight with the feature, Mossberg 500 JIC, selling at 8p.m. CST. Thanks for everyones patience during this time. As a thank you to our awesome users, we are running 3 featured auctions this Friday and Saturday nights! Thanks, Troy

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

We are running a bid pack special all weekend starting today. The 50 bid pack and the 100 bid pack are both discounted. Also, there are some great featured actions all weekend including 3 pistols and a garmin! Thanks and good luck, Troy

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Thanks for keeping us updated here Troy.... Woot!

TristanMAC
  • TristanMAC
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Troy,
I would just like to say you have an outstanding customer base, they are loyal, well mannered, patient, and just all around great people.

I would like to thank you for allowing me to work alongside you to help build such a great site. We are far from done, in the coming years you will expand, redesign, and most likely branch off into other niche markets.

I just want to tell you that I think you are running a great business and if you keep up the great work. You will be one of the sites that are still around when so many others have failed.

I also want you to know that I will be here to assist you every step of the way.

Again thank you for choosing me to play such a big role in this great thing you have.

To all the customers
Happy Bidding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users