Started by goathunt79 , May 04 2011 08:45 PM

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

We are happy to introduce buy it now feature into our auctions!!! Didn't win? Don't worry about leaving empty handed anymore! Any user who places at least 1 bid in an auction can use the buy it now feature.
Buy it now requirements:
users must place at least one bid in the auction to be eligible to buy it now
users can buy the product if they don't win by contacting us within 3 hours of the auction closing
bids used will discount the price of the item by $0.30 per bid placed
buy it now is only available after the auction ends and within 3 hours of the auction closing
items purchased through buy it now do not count against any win limits
some items will have a discounted buy it now price listed in the item description (less than retail)
even if the item isn't discounted, users can still purchase the item at the set retail price listed for the item

Example of the buy it now option:
a user places 100 bids trying to win an item
user will receive a $30 discount from the set price if they would still like to purchase it

If you would like to utilize the buy it now feature, simply email us using the contact us form within 3 hours of the auction closing. We will then send you a Paypal invoice for the remaining balance plus shipping for that item.

Thanks,
Troy

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Along with the buy it now, I put a couple free bidding auctions on the site to try out. If they garner interest, I will list them regularly. I discounted 3 of the bid packs for the weekend as well. There's close to $5000 worth of product selling this weekend along with 4 great handguns so, be sure and stop by to check them out! Thanks for all the continued support! Troy

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

To commemorate the St. Louis Cardinals improbable NL Wild Card Championship, we are offering 10% free bids on all bid pack purchases for the next 4 days! 10 World Championships = 10% free!!! There are some really nice guns selling this weekend as well, so stop by and check them out! Thanks, Troy

learning
  • learning
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi, Troy

Please have a look on the auction 1607 (Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow Package).

I bid on it yesterday. Strangely the auction was ended when my Bid Butler still had bids available.

Thanks,
learning

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Hi, Troy

Please have a look on the auction 1607 (Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow Package).

I bid on it yesterday. Strangely the auction was ended when my Bid Butler still had bids available.

Thanks,
learning

---------------------------
PAW Members:
This may seem like a simple honest request above, however I feel differently about it because I question WHY "Learning" would post this here
when he has already told Troy he thinks there was an issue with that auction... How do I know this? Because "Learning" lost the auction to ME!
I was informed by Troy immediately that there may be an issue with a buddy malfunction and that he would be investigating the issue and would get back to me Today!

So if "Learning" already informed Troy -- why the need to Post in PAW? It makes it look as if he had not told Troy yet and asking him about it here first...

That is... unless his intentions are no more than an attempt to gain public outcry against a site when the site comes back and tells him there was no real error.
This and this alone is the reason for my post. I'm trying to attempt to block any negativity between the Public and an Honest Site Owner doing his best for all -
when I truly believe the error was in the Player and not the Buddy Malfunction as claimed.

---------------------------

To "LEARNING", REALLY? I have to question Learning why you would post openly in the forums asking this question when you know Troy is already investigating your so called Bid Butler problem.....
Hmmmmmm
Strangely enough I was watching the entire auction from start to finish for all those hours and Strangely enough around the $7 - $8 mark your bid buddy went off just enough time for me to
join back in, place a few bids until let's see.... Oh my your bid buddy starts back again? So I remove mine again and watch you for more hours until Titlest1 had enough or used the BIN to save the loss,
then let's see again.... I join you to continue the battle and you claim there was a Bid Buddy error because you LOST........

I think NOT!.... You are complaining I think because you LOST, however it would not have mattered..... I had my buddy loaded so high you would have lost anyway!

I can play nice - but when you come into my playground and start acting like some Alpha Doggie.... trying to prove something -- i.e.: Several other occasions you jumped in with me in the past
going super deep... I felt it is time for this little LADY to BITE BACK...... Payback is a PAIN is it not? I don't bite very often but when I do --- it stings a little.... In fact it may sting a Lot!!!!!

Just to clarify why I think this is a bogus attempt at a public outcry for you to get Troy to VOID the auction.... Is after I WON the Crossbow, I PAID for the Crossbow as I do with all the items
I win... Immediately following the WIN... I receive an Email from Troy letting me know there was a question in regards to the Buddy and that he was INVESTIGATING the issue and would get back
with me TODAY... (Mon) with the conclusion of his find.

SO.... If you already notified Troy of the issue and I know he told you he was investigating it... Because that is the type of owner he is.... an HONEST ONE...
WHY oh WHY do you need to come to PAW and post like you have not told him anything before?

Unless... It is because you are just trying to recoup the loss from MY BITE!!!!!

In my honest opinion, you thought you had the auction won against Titlest1.... you had not set enough bids in play during his run with you and had to set more... Then I come to BITE BACK
and you obviously didn't have enough to cover me either..... So you cry FOUL.........and then cry FOUL HERE..... Most likely in hopes that if it does not go YOUR WAY... You will come back
here and start screaming to try to get other PAW members to stand with you....

Now to me that STINKS big time.... I'm a PAW member too and I rarely post anymore unless it is really something that I feel compelled to speak out about.... but don't use PAW to try to
HURT an honest site because you may have made several errors in your game play.

Troy runs a honest site and if he investigates and determines there was an issue... He corrects it for all to be fair. If he investigates and finds no issue and let's things stand.. that is fair too!

We both know you wrote Troy soon after the auction was over - only because I got my notice of the investigation AFTER I PAID which was shortly after the auction ended....

If there really was an issue... He will Find it.... and it was good of you to notify him.... if he finds the error no problem!

However I do NOT appreciate you using PAW to try to HURT him if that is your intention because you know deep down he most likely will NOT find an issue with that auction as it was
player error not site error..... Troy has an honest site an honest reputation to do the right thing for all concerned parties. It is my gut feeling that you know the outcome and are preparing to
do a public outcry and slam him for your error.

This is my attempt to prevent that for other PAW members whom know me, and know I do not post unless really compelled.... This is one of those times!

It seems to me you were trying to play like a Big Fish in a Big Pond and in fact just a little minnow.... We Larger Fish do BITE when irritated and I had enough and decided it was time to BITE BACK...
Now you are mad beacause you lost and want your bids back... It does not work that way.

On another note.... If I am completely wrong and there really was an error.... I'll be happy for you and I'm sure Troy will Void it and return all bids to all players.
However I do still strongly believe there was NO REASON for your post here. It makes me suspicious of the intention and felt the need to give my PERSONAL opinion on the
real reason for the post.

I'm only attempting to try to keep a GOOD SITE online because good sites have been shut down for less in the past by disgruntled players...even if it was their errors and not the sites!

---------
PAW Members:
Thanks to all whom took the time to read this far down.... you all know when I start a rant it turns into a novel.... Before posting please take both of our sides into consideration
I did not intend on this to become another fight on a different playground. I only wanted my OPINION on the POST heard so that if the auction is found NOT to have any ERRORS
that "Learning" would not attempt to make an ugly situation become a Mountain when it is really only a mole hill...

Thanks for allowing me to comment....

LK
Bidding4Deals = Entertainment Shopping!

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Notice of post in another forum topic;

Learning posted in Newbie Questions the same question here.... I did reply there and wanted you all to know I did...

Maybe Learning is a newbie and I over stepped my bounds by posting prematurely above but if not... I still wanted to share my opinion...
I don't know this player but with the way Newbies can start stuff by using the forums and Seasoned Players can shut down legit sites...
I wanted to stop the buck here...

This is what I posted in the other forum topic: Newbie Questions

As for the Bid Buddie issue on FNB... If there is a problem Troy will find it and Void the Auction and return all bids to all the players. He is an honest man with an Honest Site
and there have been only a few issues in the past and he made it right for all the players concerned.

I will add that I posted in the FNB forum about this issue. It may come across negative because I was involved in that auction but I only wanted the PAW members to know
my reason for the post. It may be out of line but from not knowing the "LEARNING" player by chatting in forums with him/her... I could only go off my own opinion of the situation
do to the way this player has been playing lately. Don't know if they are New or Just found FNB but I'd hate to see negativity happen as we have seen in the past by posting on forums
and I was only attempting to stop it in it's tracks before it got out of hand.

Sorry Learning if it is a legit request and Troy will find the error if there was one. But I need to share my side of why I thought you posted!...

LK

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Opps.. I forgot to say the post was in this particular forum..
http://pennyauctionw...sue-before.html

learning
  • learning
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi, LadyK

Thanks for your reply first!

I didn't have any problem at FishNbang until this one. They have fast shipping and good customer service at least. I was just asking question at PAW. When I found this thread then I sent request to support again. Couldn't I do it?

I believe you are wrong for this particular auction at least. My Bid Butler wasn't stopped around 7-8 as you said. If you believe so you are going to point out error on BidButler actually.

Focusing on the topic about jumping, which is quite interesting for me. I try to learn and understand the definition of jumping at PAW.
And I did research about the definition of jumping also.

I don't understand what you said I was jumping after I reviewed my bid history at FishNbang as below.
learning on FishnBang.com

For my understand, you were jumping on the auction 1607. You placed a few signal bids when the price over $7, and you placed a few signal bids when the price over $12, then you jumped in when the price over $13 after the user "Titlest1" quit. I was wondering whether you were bidding as group. I would rather believe it is not true.
Auction Details

Regards,
Learning

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Hey Learning and PAW Readers...

Update from Troy.... First I do apologize for assuming that Learning was going to... and I say GOING TO as from PAST HISTORY things like this happen
and I was trying to head things off from the get go.... I was assuming Learning was setting up to make a stink about an auction that had no error.

Troy investigated as I mentioned he would and as the honest PA Owner that he is... He clarified that there was indeed an error in the auction..
All bids have been refunded to all users of the auction and I was refunded my final price fee and shipping.

All is good I knew Troy would do the right thing... Either in Learnings Favor and Void the auction which was what happened ...
Or Let it stand....

And the Letting it Stand issue was what I was preparing to avoid in the forums...

Learning as you are a NEW PLAYER unless you have been around the forums and I'm not just talking about PAW's forums
but there are a bunch of others... Where when something goes wrong... Bidders who lost an auction RUN they don't walk... They RUN
to yell and shout out to other PA Players the misfortune they have been bestowed.

This causes all kind of trouble with the PA Site and has in the past shut some honest, legit PA sites down.... and because the PLAYER
was at fault or trying to cause an up roar for their favor.

I didn't mean to cause you ill will here I as posted earlier was trying to STOP anything like that from happening before we knew the
results of the investigation because I wanted to be prepared to defend a AWESOME site that I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy.

I've had favorites in the past shut down and it just boils my cookies when bidders are able to voice their opinions and no one else
stands up and says anything to help prevent no good.

SO.. I'm very glad there was an error as we ALL - You, Me and Titlest1 got our bids returned to play another day...

However being NEW - which I didn't know until after I posted and could not delete it .... You need to understand WHY I did it the way I did
and for the reasons I posted what I did..

No hard Feelings on this one...

As for the Jumping... I may have used the wrong term because I was heated in my post... but coming into a site with no prior knowledge of bidding
and whom you are bidding against and coming on so strong and hard.... going super deep with no history and doing it over and over and over again..
Well... It just pisses us seasoned long term players off.... We have to BITE BACK to tell you we are not new and we are here to stay and we
will come back to bite if you continue to do it over and over again. Which I'm sorry to say is the style of play you are showing. You may want to
change your bidding habits as they are easy to read. We Daily Players on Multiple sites pick up on that stuff very easy.... You are an easy read.

However because we are genuinely serious when it comes to our own auctions after we Bid First.... and then get taken for a long hard run when if you
have done your research on any site you play on and get to know the other bidders... You would know who and who not to take on a long battle.
Not only do you LOSE A LOT OF MONEY.... We do too and we will bite back later when you are not expecting it.... Like the Crossbow.... I was waiting on you on
that one... I'll be honest..... You hit me hard several times after I know you should have known who you were playing and I was going to make it a point
to tell you -- Back Off or be bitten.

Sorry it's just our way of saying KNOW who you are bidding against.. That's all.... Nothing else... Sorry!

No hard feelings let's just start off fresh from this point on and move forward, shall we?

Let me start first...

Nice to meet you learning... sorry we had to battle a few times and go so deep... Let's try not to let that happen again
but should it - let the best bidder win and be happy!

I'm LadyK.... A daily bidder on many sites for over 2 years.... A stay at home mom who loves the challenge of getting
awesome items for discounts for my family and saving because I consider Penny Auctions "Entertainment Shopping" and I love to shop...

8)

Have a Great Day -

LadyK

learning
  • learning
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi, Troy
Thanks for all the emails from you!

Response and update was very fast and honest from Troy. I believe Troy is an honest man with an Honest Site.

Hi, LadyK
Thanks for sharing your feedback and concern! I agree the honest people and the honest site need to be protected.
It wasn't hard feeling. PA is a new world for me after my friend introduced it to me. I am quite interested in bidder's behavior, owner's behavior and how the PA business mode will go further. But I don't have too much time to watch most auctions. So I was used to place the first bid with Bid Butler set up and leave the auction for a while. I wouldn't know who would come later until I checked the APA.

Nice to meet you too! And you have a great day also!

Regards,
Learning

At the end, thanks for everybody who read my post!

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Shout Out to "LEARNING" ....

If you want some bidding tips because you are new, contact me on facebook... That way we won't take up this thread on the subject...
On facebook I'm "Bidding ForDeals" 8)

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Shout Out to "LEARNING" ....

If you want some bidding tips because you are new, contact me on facebook... That way we won't take up this thread on the subject...
On facebook I'm "Bidding ForDeals" 8)

What's up, girl!? Our DD thread has been dead lately. I think a lot of us stopped playing there as much. I know I did. I can't win sh*t there anymore!

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Hey All,
My tech guy is updating/udgrading some of the coding on the site right now. So, is you see that it shows offline, or don't see any products on there, that is why. He assures me this will be a quick process and it will be back up long before tonight's auctions are set to go. Thanks, Troy

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Due to user requests, we have added some bigger bid packs at a discounted price. Also, we are now giving users full bid credit on our buy it now option. Spent bids will now be credited at a rate of $0.48 per bid placed towards the buy it now! That is also the cost of our bids if purchased in the largest bid pack. Thanks, Troy

pjchelseabri
  • pjchelseabri
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Some higher end fishing equipment. Rods,reels.

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

No problem! Is Shimano/G Loomis high end enough? I am a dealer for them and anything that Bass Pro Shops carries. I'm just trying to get an idea of what you would like to see.

PennyAmmo
  • PennyAmmo
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

troy....
just one little thing I noticed..you may wahnt to dump paypal as a payment avenue..paypal is extremely anti-gun and will lock y9our accout & sieze any and all funds in your account if they find your using their system for payments for ANYTHING gun related, including ammunition

Jeff
Pennyammo.com

goathunt79
  • goathunt79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Hey Jeff,
I've been told that from a few other people too. I've had numerous conversations with paypal and they assure me there will be no issues. I have another processor ready at my disposal if we run into any issues.
Thanks,
Troy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users