• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Posted Image

It's been over 30 days and you still haven't received your item from ____ penny auction site. Tell us about it here!

Know your rights as a consumer!

"Complying With The Rule

By law, you must have a reasonable basis for stating that a product can be shipped within a certain time. If your advertising doesn’t clearly and prominently state the shipment period, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days.

If you can’t ship within the promised time (or within 30 days if you made no promise), you must notify the customer of the delay, provide a revised shipment date and explain his right to cancel and get a full and prompt refund.

For definite delays of up to 30 days, you may treat the customer’s silence as agreeing to the delay. But for longer or indefinite delays – and second and subsequent delays – you must get the customer’s written, electronic or verbal consent to the delay. If the customer doesn’t give you his okay, you must promptly refund all the money the customer paid you without being asked by the customer."

Let's work together to STOP shady penny auctions. :mad:

Think you've been taken for a ride? See our fraud reporting directory: Scam Reporting Directory

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 11 May 2011 - 05:44 PM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

This should be a sticky!!!!!!!

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Oh... I REALLY want to reply on this post for one company in particular that has been giving me the runaround for quite some time. I will wait until later this week to see if I actually get my products. I do not want someone to have to go through what I am going through with this company.

Ever feel like Candace from Phineas & Ferb, and just want to do some busting?

;-)

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

What timing!!!:wink:

I just signed in to post on the fact that BidTwister owes me 13 items from April 9th thru April 28th. It is the ONLY PA site I am waiting on wins from prior to April 18th. I have sent numerous emails regarding these items and I received one response - which said my items from April 9th and 10th "should" be mailed out yesterday. Did not receive any tracking information yesterday. I offered to take an Amazon credit based on their cost of these items.

IMO there is simply no legitimate excuse for shipping to fall behind like this. It changes my perception of a PA site. I liked this site alot. I liked the look of the site, the variety of products offered, the timers, and the excellent communication (until I started asking when my items were being shipped). The shipping issue sours my perception so I have stopped bidding (and buying additional bid packs) until they catch me up.

Canes2010
  • Canes2010
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

What timing!!!:wink:

I just signed in to post on the fact that BidTwister owes me 13 items from April 9th thru April 28th. It is the ONLY PA site I am waiting on wins from prior to April 18th. I have sent numerous emails regarding these items and I received one response - which said my items from April 9th and 10th "should" be mailed out yesterday. Did not receive any tracking information yesterday. I offered to take an Amazon credit based on their cost of these items.

IMO there is simply no legitimate excuse for shipping to fall behind like this. It changes my perception of a PA site. I liked this site alot. I liked the look of the site, the variety of products offered, the timers, and the excellent communication (until I started asking when my items were being shipped). The shipping issue sours my perception so I have stopped bidding (and buying additional bid packs) until they catch me up.

I am with you, They seem to be a little slow - Quote from the site "Although the delivery time can vary based on the products, most of them will take between 14-21 business days to get there". It has been 14 business days and 9 of mine are still sitting there "Processing" while 2 others won on 4/24 and 4/25 have supposedly shipped. Keep us updated on when you get them and I will you. I will also not buy any more bids until they get on track. I wil use what is left and see what happens.

I also have another issue I will wait to see if it is resolved since it involves a significant amount of bids.

zabomar
  • zabomar
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

For10cent.com has not shipped our item it has been since March 20th so what can we do? they said shipping is 21-28days...They send a email back after the 5th one we sent it said shipping could be 4-6wks it has now been 50days over 6wks more like 7wks...so what can we do? we spent alot to win the item. Thanks for any advice

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

"...will take between 14-21 business days to get there".

I have seen many sites recently using "business days" in their verbiage. I think they are trying to indicate a Monday thru Friday count, BUT business days is actually defined by the days of the week your business is open. So, if you are open 7 days a week then "business days" for that company is 7 days a week.

I also have another issue I will wait to see if it is resolved since it involves a significant amount of bids.

I had a separate issue with them on an auction and they were pretty quick to resolve it.

Also, I just received a "form" email from them stating I had 2 options: (1) I could wait up to an additional 30 days, or (2) I could take a refund for the bids used on the items won.

This really p*sses me off further. What about the value of my time?

For10cent.com has not shipped our item it has been since March 20th so what can we do? they said shipping is 21-28days...They send a email back after the 5th one we sent it said shipping could be 4-6wks it has now been 50days over 6wks more like 7wks...so what can we do? we spent alot to win the item. Thanks for any advice

4-10 has had a horrible record on shipping for some time. They have, however, always eventually shipped or settled (at least to my knowledge). Start up the chain of command or, better yet, jump directly to the top. Be very, very persistent. Good luck to you.

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

Also, I forgot to mention that their email says wins after May 1st are shipping on schedule and this "offer" applies to wins between April 3rd and May 1st. WTF???? Why would later wins be shipping on schedule (not that they have reached their shipping times on those yet)? Could it be that a lot of people had "great" wins using discounted bids from their last bid promotion at the beginning of April? If you take option 2 you would be losing bids. If you take option 1 you are left hanging and potentially going past your charge-back window. This sooo reminds me of what I went thru with iticketbid in January.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Also, I forgot to mention that their email says wins after May 1st are shipping on schedule and this "offer" applies to wins between April 3rd and May 1st. WTF???? Why would later wins be shipping on schedule (not that they have reached their shipping times on those yet)? Could it be that a lot of people had "great" wins using discounted bids from their last bid promotion at the beginning of April? If you take option 2 you would be losing bids. If you take option 1 you are left hanging and potentially going past your charge-back window. This sooo reminds me of what I went thru with iticketbid in January.

I have ben receiving items on a steady stream the ship time has dropped about two weeks but items are in order of won and communicaton is good. So far they have done everything they told me they would this is a bit different than Iticket, This company has alot more depth also. From what I can tell this is not some husband and wife working out og thier home. WHo knows though i could be wrong so I do reserve the right to change my mind, but I am still in. I am only like 30 days out and they have been averaging with me about 20-24.

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

Hey RB2W,

One can only pass on one's personal experience.

However, you said something very similar to me both in late January and early February when I posted problems I had with iticketbid's shipping and their seemingly preferential treatment of some bidders (which at the time was you). I am sorry to see some of the posts now that are focusing more on people's interpretation of you as an individual than on the actual problems with iticketbid - it is the wrong focus.

Did you receive the generic email this evening?

rhsikes
  • rhsikes
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Hey RB2W,
I am sorry to see some of the posts now that are focusing more on people's interpretation of you as an individual than on the actual problems with iticketbid - it is the wrong focus.

Did you receive the generic email this evening?

I completely agree. What's up with that? RB2W, I appreciate the info you have posted and feel like you were at least trying to post your experience and debating the facts while others were only hurling personal accusations and name calling.

What generic email? from ITB or Bidtwister? Can you post it please?

jets5000
  • jets5000
  • Members
  • 758 posts

What generic email? from ITB or Bidtwister? Can you post it please?

From BidTwister:

[FONT="]Hello,[/FONT]

[FONT="]We are sending you this email to keep you informed concerning the product(s) that you have won on the BidTwister site.[/FONT]

[FONT="]While we have been contacting you and you may have inquired about the shipping status, we want to get you up to speed on where things are at and also give you two options.[/FONT]

[FONT="]First, we want to thank you for being a member, and we appreciate you being part of the BidTwister family. Please understand that BidTwister is a site that opened on February 15th of this year and not even our analysts anticipated the explosive growth we've had. Because of this, and some programming issues on the site, this has caused a shipping gridlock for items won between the dates of April 3rd to May 1st. Orders after May 1st are currently shipping in our normal shipping timeframe as per our terms and conditions.[/FONT]

[FONT="]So, your win(s) in this timeframe are delayed and we want to give you two choices in order to help get this issue resolved and make sure you continue to be a happy bidder! Here are the two options to clear this up.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Option 1:[/FONT][FONT="]Just be a little more patient with us (We know you have been!), and we'll get your win(s) out to you within the next 30 days or sooner. We are shipping everyday and getting this issue resolved.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Option 2:[/FONT][FONT="] You can elect to get a full refund posted to your Credit Card for the bids you placed on this auction. This refund will be calculated at the bid price you paid.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Please understand that we are doing everything we can to get this situation resolved quickly... but with hundreds of orders to be filled daily from April 3rd - May 1st, it is taking some time to do all the fulfillment with our shipping companies.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Action:[/FONT][FONT="]All you have to do now is simply respond to this email and just say "Option 1" or "Option 2"... That's it. We'll then notify you of a target ship date or calculate your refund and apply it to your Credit Card![/FONT]

[FONT="]But, our main goal is to keep you as a happy bidder, and make sure you know how important you are to us. Let's get this situation cleared up, and we want you to continue to keep bidding, and winning, on BidTwister.com![/FONT]

Canes2010
  • Canes2010
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I have seen many sites recently using "business days" in their verbiage. I think they are trying to indicate a Monday thru Friday count, BUT business days is actually defined by the days of the week your business is open. So, if you are open 7 days a week then "business days" for that company is 7 days a week.

I had a separate issue with them on an auction and they were pretty quick to resolve it.

Also, I just received a "form" email from them stating I had 2 options: (1) I could wait up to an additional 30 days, or (2) I could take a refund for the bids used on the items won.

This really p*sses me off further. What about the value of my time?

4-10 has had a horrible record on shipping for some time. They have, however, always eventually shipped or settled (at least to my knowledge). Start up the chain of command or, better yet, jump directly to the top. Be very, very persistent. Good luck to you.

Agreed on all points. I got the same letter and of course I chose option 1 since I got some pretty good deals. Secondly, they came through yesterday and corrected my other problem. I will watch them and when I start receiving items, I will consider buying more bids. They have been attentive, but nothing in the mailbox. Thanks!!!

BTW, the picture is PRICELESS!

Edited by Canes2010, 12 May 2011 - 02:56 PM.

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

I know the thread has turned to BidTwister, but is anyone having trouble with UltimatePennyBid? I won the following items on March 29 and April 4, respectively:

UltimatePennyBid.com - Online Penny Auctions!

Still haven't received them...
:-37-: "Banjo dude" in honor of Schmoop!

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I know the thread has turned to BidTwister, but is anyone having trouble with UltimatePennyBid? I won the following items on March 29 and April 4, respectively:

Still haven't received them...

He owes me 15 cards, some dating back to February. Here is the reply I received from him...

To:
Sent: Tue, May 10, 2011 6:02 am
Subject: RE: Shipping

Hi

Sorry for delay responding. I was away this weekend and out yesterday. I am going through hundreds of emails now. I am getting you all caught up with everything this week.

Thanks for your patience.

Thank you,

Rob

nixnutz7897
  • nixnutz7897
  • Members
  • 627 posts

Thanks "C"...I'll wait some more. :wink: Keep me in the loop, k?
:-37-: "Banjo dude" in honor of Schmoop!

Joycee Anderson Nielsen
  • Joycee Anderson Nielsen
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Well all I know is that Beezid.com is legit and My brother in law got tons of stuff from there and cheap too! So if you want a different PA site then I say go to Beezid.com!!!

charoge7
  • charoge7
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

pennytravelauctions has not shipped an Ipod shuffle I won on April 3rd. I have sent several e-mails amnd recieved 2 replies. One saying THEY were ripped off from a supplier. The second I recieved 3 weeks ago saying it was being shipped that day. Nothing since. Also under my win catagorie it has been deleted.

chippy
  • chippy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Hello all,
I’m curious- has anyone received “wins” from Bidtwister yet?

As I see it, the time-frame mentioned in their mass mailing is, drawing very close. It would be appreciated if fellow PA’ers chime in!

chippy

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hi Chippy, Great question! What was the mass mailing about?

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 09 June 2011 - 02:36 PM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fake, fraud, ftc, items, penny auctions, review, scams, slow shipping, win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users