peeka.com

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

New reveal auction site http://peeka.com Anyone try it?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

By golly I think I'll try it now with my two free peeks. Girl, you're killin me here with these PA sites! LOL Yeah, that's it....blame it on Amanda! Isn't everything already? Why not another pile of poop to add on! :15:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

:P I haven't tried it so you'll have to and let us know even if its just on your 2 free peeks! :-D

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Okay, just tried it. I think this is how it works. You press peek under an item. It shows you a discounted price. If you like that price you get FIVE seconds to decide if you want to buy it. I pressed on the first $25 Starbucks card and it came up $18(something). Then I clicked on the $50 Chilis card and it came up $48(something). I think that if you buy more peeks and someone presses on those two cards, the price should go down further. Amanda, did you try it? Oh, and I didn't buy the cards.

PS. I have to say it's a cute idea. And the "peeks" are pretty cheap too. $5 for 25 peeks; $10 for 53 peeks; $20 for 110 peeks. I wonder if I use all my peeks on one thing will it keep going down!?

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

:P I haven't tried it so you'll have to and let us know even if its just on your 2 free peeks! :-D

I feel like the official PAW PEEKER! LOL :e2ek:

Edited by BabyFidgette, 03 June 2011 - 03:30 AM.

peeker
  • peeker
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

BabyFidgette, you have it basically right. Each time someone peeks, the price comes down by 10 cents. So if 100 people peek. the price drops $10. The more users we have, the more prices will drop. At any point you can decide to buy the item (you have 10 seconds from when you peek).

Unlike other penny auction sites, our site wont give you an ipad for $40 but you will get a guaranteed discount on the product. The only question is whether you are ok with saving $2 dollars, or if you want to save $200.

I want my site to be a first stop shop for everything. Starbucks, Nordstrom, Red Robin, Olive Garden, Best Buy, etc. Everything you want, we will provide at GUARANTEED DISCOUNTS!

If you have any feedback, email me at adam@peeka.com

Thanks for you support.

Remember, the more users we get...the more prices will drop. So spread the word!!!

ccassa68
  • ccassa68
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Save your money, people. This site is terrible. The only good deal is the daily dollar deal, which EVERYONE is doing and in the long run you will spend $20 bucks trying to win it. Adam Trent founded this company and it was great! The customer service was impeccable. Now there's a new CEO-Aresh, who will ignore you for days (along with his 1 customer service person). When you do get a card, it will take 10 days to get to you, with no tracking. I had to file a report with the BBB because I never got one of my gift cards. 3 weeks later I still don't have any resolve, Aresh has re-scheduled 3 conference calls about the issue AND last night just never called in or answered my email afterwards. Professional, right? They have no phone number so immediately that should be a red flag. You also cannot comment on their facebook page anymore because they restricted it due to all the negative feedback. Save yourselves from the annoyance and un-professionalism. Such a shame that such an innovative, fun company is going down the tubes because of bad ownership.

stanford1
  • stanford1
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I love that site! it actually gives a card away for 1 buck everyday. Pretty cool, won it twice.

ccassa68
  • ccassa68
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Aresh (the CEO) contacted me to try and make amends after I reported them to the BBB. He emailed me and said they had some great customer service team going and that he would mail me the card I was shorted. He asked me to take down my negative comments and he would restore my account. I agreed on the basis that he said my emails would be answered in a timely manner and my cards would be received in a timely matter as well. I couldn't figure out how to remove my comments on this site, so I didn't, and I'm glad I didn't. This conversation with him took place via email on December 5th. It's now January 17th and I still don't have the card. He emailed me a tracking number on December 30th when I complained and there has been absolutely no tracking available.

I've probably emailed him 10 times-haven't received one response. I am no longer doing business with such a corrupt company with a terrible CEO. I suggest all of you do the same. Save yourselves the frustration and the money!

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

They have no phone number so immediately that should be a red flag.

I would just like to know how not having a phone number for an online business is considered to be a red flag? Please do explain...

ccassa68
  • ccassa68
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Not having a phone number where you can speak to a human being in a timely manner is a total red flag for me and hopefully for most educated consumers. Email and chat can be great, but they should never be the only option. Especially when no one will answer back for days! If I'm giving someone my money, I want to be able to contact them and speak to a human. Do you do business with anyone that doesn't have a phone number? I can't even think of one place I do business with that only has an email...

The BBB ratings for peeka speak for themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users