Started by Joncline21 , Jun 06 2011 07:16 PM

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I have won several items to the tune of $20,000 off of for10cents, and I actually really like the site and the format it uses for auctions, however I have not recieved a single item that I have won, several of which are now entering 13 weeks old. What is the deal, and what can be done about this, if anything??? When you ask them you never get a straight answer, it is always "we're behind"! I would really appreciate some feedback....I am starting to get worried!

prettypenny
  • prettypenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Yep I recoginise your ID--bet too so don't they. From my own experience with, they do ship, but thier published policy in terms of time is far off. You really got to be paitent with. Ok so been 13 weeks for you, right? Yikes I have had to wait longer than. & Well if you do a search, of others even here, you will find I am certain others who have had to wait about double that amount of time--or more!!! No not right. But it is how they do business. Best of luck

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Thanks pretty penny!! Makes me feel a bit better, but it really does suck that they're allowed to wait so long to ship items that a person wins without any explanation. I wrote them again yesterday asking to have things shipped and all I got in reply was that due to the "DDOS" attack a couple months back that their shipping was delayed even more. They said that the would ship my prize out, but still gave me no idea what prize or when they would actually ship it. They give really vague answers to everything. Thanks for the reply though. I'll update with progress, if there is any at all.....

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Thanks pretty penny!! Makes me feel a bit better, but it really does suck that they're allowed to wait so long to ship items that a person wins without any explanation. I wrote them again yesterday asking to have things shipped and all I got in reply was that due to the "DDOS" attack a couple months back that their shipping was delayed even more. They said that the would ship my prize out, but still gave me no idea what prize or when they would actually ship it. They give really vague answers to everything. Thanks for the reply though. I'll update with progress, if there is any at all.....

Hi Johncline21.

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Hey NellyNova! You cost me a MacBook yesterday.....lol But on a different topic, maybe you can enlighten me on for10cents shipping habits....what have you experienced with them?? And I'll try not to hold the Macbook thing against ya....lol

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hey NellyNova! You cost me a MacBook yesterday.....lol But on a different topic, maybe you can enlighten me on for10cents shipping habits....what have you experienced with them?? And I'll try not to hold the Macbook thing against ya....lol

Hey Johncline21, ya'..sorry about that, but you got me back on those Oakley sunglasses. Good one. lol.
I guess as a top bidder, the C.O.O. contacted me and will have an answer in two weeks. I spoke to him for quite some time and I was just confirming they were not "flopping" on us bidders and hope they have what it takes to supply our "winning" demands. He said all is taken cared of. I asked all types of questions, but he was just bringing up that web viral attack that you're talkin' about. I guess that is when all the items were put on hold. It sounded like he fluffed it a bit by just saying they are implementing a whole new infrastructure to take in the amount of traffic the site gets. It was quite vague, but he did mention he will give options in regards to some items :rolleyes: I am sure they don't want any legal issues on their hands.

Can you tell, a lot of pro bidders stop bidding for sometime now? It feels kind of shaky..paradigm shift.

You should contact them, since you've been winning lately...Nice win on that ASUS Lambo for a few cents.
:detective:

Edited by N3llyNova, 09 June 2011 - 07:49 PM.

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Thanks NellyNova, A lot of helpful information....I have noticed that some of the best bidders like toertchen and nutterdog for example have either left or slacked back a bunch on bidding on this site, which does kind of worry me. I would just like a couple of items shipped out right now ya know, not the whole list of items that I have won. Have you recieved a lot or any of your items?? And how long has it been since you recieved anything?? lol And how long do you typically have to wait?? Just a few questions I'm wondering about.....OH yeah and about the Oakley's, I stopped bidding as soon as I saw that you had Autobids on it....I did not bid after that....I just won $250 last night and memadonna ran the price on it up...it ended up costing me about 2500 bids, mainly because sirshredalot starting single bidding when he ran out of Autobids.....makes ya mad when that do that huh?? They know they're not gonna put anymore Autobids but they single bid it just to cost you more bids......ANYWAYS, good luck bidding.....and please answer my questions if you will....thanks a lot

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Thanks NellyNova, A lot of helpful information....I have noticed that some of the best bidders like toertchen and nutterdog for example have either left or slacked back a bunch on bidding on this site, which does kind of worry me. I would just like a couple of items shipped out right now ya know, not the whole list of items that I have won. Have you recieved a lot or any of your items?? And how long has it been since you recieved anything?? lol And how long do you typically have to wait?? Just a few questions I'm wondering about.....OH yeah and about the Oakley's, I stopped bidding as soon as I saw that you had Autobids on it....I did not bid after that....I just won $250 last night and memadonna ran the price on it up...it ended up costing me about 2500 bids, mainly because sirshredalot starting single bidding when he ran out of Autobids.....makes ya mad when that do that huh?? They know they're not gonna put anymore Autobids but they single bid it just to cost you more bids......ANYWAYS, good luck bidding.....and please answer my questions if you will....thanks a lot

Hey Johncline21,
Wow...ouch against IDONTQUIT66. Nice win, but ouch. That's what happened to me the other night. Everyone kept taking turns against my autobid, but I was redeemed on top at the end, but did it really have to be that way (lol)?

In response to your questions regarding items. I received a few items, which took two months to be sent. I had to call and communicate with them daily for those two months to get it sent. I believe they have me on a special spot on their board of things to do list (lol). Since then, I have not received any of my winnings. I am sure every bidder is in the same position. I constantly communicate with them weekly to find out if they are still a functioning company. I am just waiting until one these winners file a lawsuit against them, and that's when the band wagon starts. Until that time comes, I will wait patiently, since they told me by next week, they will start giving options to the prolific winners.

I think only a few winners are going irate, while most of us wait, since this type of new way to purchase items is new, we are the trial customers. We definitely have the right to receive our items in a timely manner and what was stated in their policy, which we know we haven't received anything in 25 days or 45 days or whatever it says.

Have you received any items? How long did it take? Did you try calling or communicating with them? If so, what happened in your case? How many items have you received? Funny how we are asking one another the same questions.

In regards to the single bids vs autobids. Those are bidders who keep the item alive until another bidder autobids against the original autobidder, giving him/her competition and a headache. I call them snakes, and I can drop a few names, but whatevz (lol).

Are you a member of other forums? Do you know any other bidders that's on this forum or other forums, if so, who? Maybe they have a better grasp as far as items being sent out, because I would like to have a consensus regarding this messy situation the company got themselves into.

Happy bidding. :hurray:

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I have only recieved 2 items that I won, both of which were cash money that they directly deposited in my bank account. The rest of the stuff they owe me totals about 18500 and none of it has been shipped, and I think the first items that I won are coming up on 90 days each, which is rediculous in my opinion.....30-45 days is plenty enough!! As for IDONTQUIT66, he got what he deserved.....I was the only autobidder and he jumped in, I guess thinking I was a newbie or something......he'll think twice before going against me agian....lol But yea, it did hurt.....I hope you're right as far as for10cents though......I really dont know what happens if a site goes under.....do they have to give you what you have won??? or at least what money you have spent??? I know a few other bidders that use this forum but I never talk to them.....jake40, dutchess69, and Kenshin630......Good luck and keep replying.....I'd like to keep in touch and keep each other informed on shipping statuses.....Thanks NellyNova

citcelsyD
  • citcelsyD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Been waiting for wins that were paid for over 200 days ago. (November)

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Dang CitcelsyD......thats a long time! What have they been telling you, if anything?? What are the prices on the auctions you're waiting for?? Is this your user name on for10cents?? Mine are just now 90 days, and I'd hate to think that I'll have to wait 200+ days.....that really should just be illegal or something...

citcelsyD
  • citcelsyD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Dang CitcelsyD......thats a long time! What have they been telling you, if anything?? What are the prices on the auctions you're waiting for?? Is this your user name on for10cents?? Mine are just now 90 days, and I'd hate to think that I'll have to wait 200+ days.....that really should just be illegal or something...

They are apolagetic saying they are behind on shipping (duh). I won't disclose my username, if you look at other 410 threads you will see a user who was suspended for just making a post about them. They owe me $4000.00 worth of product. They do send stuff to me, about 1k a month. It was my favorite site and I may return after I get everything owed to me.

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I actually really like the site and the way it does stuff, everything except shipping that is.....lol I think if they improved shipping, they'd be better than most other penny auction sites......thats really the only problem I have with them......and I wont do collusion either, I just like to know ppls stories and stuff.....thanks

Curt
  • Curt
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

omg, IMA a newbie to penny auctions. I started on quibids about 3.5 weeks ago, joined BidCactus same week, and 10 cents a week after. Still learning the ropes. But, even being a newbie, I beleive 10cents will go under. I watch and calculate numbers. I understand a new site has to lose money, but this site is not only losing money big time, it does not have the funding to ship on time. They are not behind on shipping. I can ship all the items they sell very easily in no time at all, this is not quibids. They are behind in funding. Just watch and calc and you can tell they are losing way too much money, even if they are paying half price for the items. I believe the day will come when they shut down. And no, nobody will get anything. Creditors come first, not customers.

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Curt, thanks for your opinion, but for10cents has actually been around for about 3 years now.....and not only that, but they dont have any creditors, lol, they buy the stuff from what they make in bid purchases.....everyone has their own opinion, but you need to do some homework first.....

Curt
  • Curt
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey Joncline21, u may be right since I have not watched the site for longer than a few weeks and maybe it is just now that it is losing hecka money. I dont know. But since bids are so cheap, i bid on tons of stuff just to keep track of ending price and winners. And I can tell u for certain, it does not make sense. However, many businesses have been able to kick the can down the road, so that is what my theory was here to explain the shipping. 200 days? That does not even make any kind of sense. Sounds like Ponzi accounting, always at such risk anyway. Even u are owed how much? However, they may be able to make a profit, I dont know, I only know the last few weeks. Have u seen an ability for them to make a profit? I can watch quibids and see people spend 700.00 worth of bids on a 60.00 item all over the place and 4,000.00 on a 1000.00 tv and can see how they can afford plenty of giveaways, but on for10cents, i seldom see a green ending for them. Again, thats based on 3 weeks only but.... anyway, i hope i get what little i have won.

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Curt, I can see your point very well, and they do go in the red a lot with their items, but they do not auction off near as many items a day as Quibids and some other sites, and not only that, but they make most of their money auctioning off bid packages.....if you will pay good attention to them, they are making well over their money back in them, and they dont have to pay a dime for the ones they give away.....but you make a solid point, 200 days on shipping is just too long, and anyone making good return should have the funds to ship on time......

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

@johncline..Pretty bold going against Carlsbadian...nice win tho. lol. No biggie, right? Non-stop incline for cline.

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

NellyNova, you gotta go at them sometimes, or they'll just run over top of ya.....just like IDONTQUIT66.....he was trying to be a bully, so now he wont mess with me again......it can get kind of expensive though!! lol But it'll pay off in the long run....are you going after anything soon or no?? Happy Bidding.....

Cgtseo
  • Cgtseo
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Ive been attempting to have a few questions answered that I am REALLY curious about...
Could some please take a moment and address these?
Hi all
Im new here and wasnt certain where to post a few questions I have... So thought this was as good a place as any... Ive only recently discovered penny auctions... And have been reading quite a few of the threads on here, but Im a bit confused about a few things... Was hoping some, or a bunch on this forum could clear a few things up...
Ive read alot about shil betting and it seems that some here have referred to "erratic" bidding as a way to identify... But watching sites... It ALL seems erratic... I sat and watched a 65" flatscreen sell for a bit over $9.00, 15 minutes later a 100 bid "pack" sold for over $20.00. It doesnt get more erratic than that. And that was on one of the top 2 or 3 sites...
Also... HOW do people "collude" on auctions? I mean... Even if 2 people are sitting side by side with laptops... Hoe does that possibly help them?
Also, after reading the article re: dire state of pa... HOW rampant are bidders that file chargebacks even after winning items? And since there would be a clear paper trail of merchandise, how wouldnthey POSSIBLY prevail? It seems the ONLY time someone could successfully get a chargeback is if they hadnt received any merchandise...
Any feedback regarding these questions would be greatly appreciated

PS...
Why on earth would the owner of a PA care if people are reselling items? Seems to me they would promote it...
Thanks again for any and all attempting to clear these things up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users