• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hey Nelly,
This is Carlsbadian. It is nice to know you through this forum. I am also on TBL and FB.
Like , everyone else I too am getting the run around. Let me start with the last part of your statement. They are not shipping any merchandise to "CURRENT WINNERS". It was another ruse to make me pay up for shipping on items that I won during that period. I was bidding most recently with free bids that I was given in the interim. I did not pay for them. Now, I have stopped. I won't play even with free bids because it is a waste of time. I keep getting calls from Maciej. that he is still working on getting the financing. Last call was just last week. I don't know what to make of the calls. He seems to be genuine but nothing seems to be working out for him. Is anyone contemplating going the legal way. If so I would like to be part of it.

MyMoneyTreeBids
  • MyMoneyTreeBids
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Good Luck with that... I won items about 6 MONTHS ago and after a dozen emails and phone calls, have still received NOTHING. Being a Penny Auction Owner it really gripes me the scam sites that give us a bad name... I got a bit mad at the last time I tried to get them to send my $400-$500 in wins that a bought the domain... for10centsscam.com and am about ready to lay into them in a not so nice way...

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hey Nelly,
This is Carlsbadian. It is nice to know you through this forum. I am also on TBL and FB.
Like , everyone else I too am getting the run around. Let me start with the last part of your statement. They are not shipping any merchandise to "CURRENT WINNERS". It was another ruse to make me pay up for shipping on items that I won during that period. I was bidding most recently with free bids that I was given in the interim. I did not pay for them. Now, I have stopped. I won't play even with free bids because it is a waste of time. I keep getting calls from Maciej. that he is still working on getting the financing. Last call was just last week. I don't know what to make of the calls. He seems to be genuine but nothing seems to be working out for him. Is anyone contemplating going the legal way. If so I would like to be part of it.

Hey,
The one and only Carlsbadian. I believe you were the 1st top bidder I had to prove myself with. :ack2: Your an avid bidder mi amigo.:cool: Wow, you actually received free bids. How did you receive them? I guess you just asked? I received none. Good job on that one. My last few winnings (well over a year ago, maybe some time Feb. or March 2011) I stopped paying for them because of the obvious reasons of no merchandise received or pay out. I received an attempted update regarding past due payments via email today. Did you as well?

I really don't understand why they still accept payments and with those payments that they are currently and constantly receiving, can at least start using that incoming cash flow to pay us veteran bidders with long over due accounts that need to be balanced out? Not a single penny my friend. I highly suggest someone with the resources start a claim, so we can encourage them to actually be good on their legal agreements on pay outs. I went through multiple notarized agreed upon pay out agreements. This is becoming outrageously out of hand.

jake40
  • jake40
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I got this email Dear Members,
Here is another update regarding payment for past-due products:
As requested by many of our customers, we will be providing you with
weekly email updates about our situation.
We’d like you to know that because of the much prolonged process of
closing our financing, our investor agreed that we work on seeking a
source of bridge financing. Because all of the documentation has been
ready and practically doesn’t require modifications, we should know
the result of our efforts within no more than 2 to 4 weeks.
Again, this is just a back-up plan, and we are constantly being
assured by our original investor that the funds will be deposited
sooner than that. But because it is taking so much time, we had to
look for alternatives.
As soon as we know more, we will inform you promptly. We will be in
regular email contact with you, so that you know exactly what is
happening. In the meantime, if you would like to contact us - please
do not hesitate to call or email.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We have received a lot of
encouragement from many of you, which we appreciate very much.
Yours sincerely,

jake40
  • jake40
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

HERE IS MY RESPONSE TO THE EMAIL
This sounds like another stall tactic on your part to keep your customers holding out hope that you will eventually fulfill your promises and obligations. Your company is deliquent in shipping my wins and those of other customers for two or more years, which is highly unacceptable and disrespectful to all of the customers who helped to build your business in the first place. I have been receiving "we will be shipping soon", "we have almost completed the funding process", and " we will keep you updated" emails for way too long. I have also filled out and mailed back list after list claiming that I would rather receive my items than the cash option. So not only have you failed to keep your promises, you have also cost me more money!! Here's an idea- stop holding auctions because it is clear you are losing money left and right - cut back on the employees that you have- and use that money to do the right thing which is taking care of your customers!! You could easily send one or two items that I have won to show that you are sincere in what you have said all along, so why haven't you done that instead of continuing to offer auctions to new customers?? What happened to paying interest on the wins?? I received one check and nothing more...again, unacceptable business practices. Your latest email to "update" me says to call with questions, but no one has been able to get a customer representative in the past six to eight months. You would be amazed at how much more believable your emails would be if you would attempt to pacify your customers with an item or two from their list of wins, but instead you choose to frustrate everyone to no end. Shame on you!!

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

As stated previously, I'm not (and never was) a bidder on 410, but I'm glad that two prolific bidders came on this thread...carlsbadian and nelly! The reason I was asking about big bidders such as Carl, was that some of the less prolific bidders were using "you guys" as one excuse for still having faith in this company. As in...Well, if they keep bidding the company must be sending wins or else why would they (carlsbadian, et al) keep spending money? I'm glad to know this is not the case. NO OFFENSE, of course! Just glad you were using free wins, then realized not to pay and call it quits.

So for all you NON newbies aka. bidders who are owed wins from years ago...either stop wasting your time with this a@@hole getting your hopes up, and ban together and do something! He's NOT a nice guy. He's a swindler. They are conditioned to sound like nice guys! YOU are the nice guys for believing him. Stop being nice, and start fighting back. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!

timmason
  • timmason
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I would like to thank you guys all as well as PAW for making this resource available. I was about to bid on for10cents.com when I decided to google, penny auction review. This site was in the top 3 results. So glad I came here and read all of your stories. It seems to be that the site has become a pyramid scheme. Basicially, the new bidders are paying for those who has won their items. This is really scary, the second new bidders stop coming, therefore reducing their income, then they are going to collapse.
I have learnt so much from reading your posts. I am going to do my research and ensure that the next site I bid on delivers their items on time and not have to wait for "investments" from investors.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hey Nelly. You did prove yourself very well. I have found quite a few good sites after for10. I did not receive any payments update. I don't know if we will ever get any money.I did ask Maciej about paying off the old dues with whatever he is collecting currently. He gave me some excuse about legal requirements from his investors. Did you stop bidding completely after 410. I am still hoping against hope that Maciej will get his financing and we all get paid. I still love the site. If he ran it properly it will be a moneymaker. If he started delivering his old customers there will be an influx of new bidders. Bidders are always looking for good sites Right now there are very few good sites. Its nice we all can get to know each other. Lets keep each other updated about any news from for10.

Hey,
The one and only Carlsbadian. I believe you were the 1st top bidder I had to prove myself with. :ack2: Your an avid bidder mi amigo.:cool: Wow, you actually received free bids. How did you receive them? I guess you just asked? I received none. Good job on that one. My last few winnings (well over a year ago, maybe some time Feb. or March 2011) I stopped paying for them because of the obvious reasons of no merchandise received or pay out. I received an attempted update regarding past due payments via email today. Did you as well?

I really don't understand why they still accept payments and with those payments that they are currently and constantly receiving, can at least start using that incoming cash flow to pay us veteran bidders with long over due accounts that need to be balanced out? Not a single penny my friend. I highly suggest someone with the resources start a claim, so we can encourage them to actually be good on their legal agreements on pay outs. I went through multiple notarized agreed upon pay out agreements. This is becoming outrageously out of hand.

timmason
  • timmason
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I thnk there is no point beating a dead horse. Just initiate your chargebacks and move on. That guy is operating a pyramid scheme at the moment, using new bidders to pay off the old. Its like a game of musical chairs and when the musics, its going to collapse like a house of cards.

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hey Nelly. You did prove yourself very well. I have found quite a few good sites after for10. I did not receive any payments update. I don't know if we will ever get any money.I did ask Maciej about paying off the old dues with whatever he is collecting currently. He gave me some excuse about legal requirements from his investors. Did you stop bidding completely after 410. I am still hoping against hope that Maciej will get his financing and we all get paid. I still love the site. If he ran it properly it will be a moneymaker. If he started delivering his old customers there will be an influx of new bidders. Bidders are always looking for good sites Right now there are very few good sites. Its nice we all can get to know each other. Lets keep each other updated about any news from for10.

Another Penny Auction Site down!!! Please see link below: U.S Securities and Exchange commission on Forbes, "The website ZeekRewards.com was shut down by the SEC because it was a Ponzi scheme on the verge of collapse, the federal regulator said today."

http://www.forbes.co...t-ponzi-scheme/

I do believe we as bidders fell into the same scheme folks. We are way past due with no refund and still beating the dead horse, and re-living the horse and sadly the horse dies and more sadly re-lives again. One long word "CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT," against CEO, CFO and all partners and alliances and for10cents company to be held responsible. Who sounds genuine? Who gives call backs? How is their customer service? Where are the items? Where is the pay out? Anyways, any bidders who are attorneys that can shed some light in this matter or actually pursue a lawsuit or if anyone out there has already pursued a lawsuit, please subpoena all consumers and lets start or continue this process. This is ludacris.

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hi,
Another Penny Auction Site down!!!
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Forbe's stated "The website ZeekRewards.com was shut down by the SEC because it was a Ponzi scheme on the verge of collapse, the federal regulator said today." 08-17-2012. Google it!

“However, the website fraudulently conveyed the false impression that the company was extremely profitable when, in fact, the payouts to investors bore no relation to the company’s net profits. Most of ZeekRewards’ total revenues and the “net profits” paid to investors have been comprised of funds received from new investors in classic Ponzi scheme fashion,” the SEC claims

for10cents.com?

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

I thnk there is no point beating a dead horse. Just initiate your chargebacks and move on. That guy is operating a pyramid scheme at the moment, using new bidders to pay off the old. Its like a game of musical chairs and when the musics, its going to collapse like a house of cards.

You cannot throw words around without understanding what we are discussing here. No one is beating a dead horse. You are obviously a rookie who doesn't know thr ABC of PA sites. If it was a pyramid scheme we would be laughing all the way to the bank. Think before you speak or don't speak at all. Since it is not a pyramid scheme there is no game of musical chairs or a house of cards here.

timmason
  • timmason
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have read this thread very thoroughly. So the issue with for10cents at the moment is that it lacked the funds to sent items out right? So what are they waiting for? They are waiting for either their investors to come through with the funding, or new cash flow comes from new bidders right? The responsible thing to do is to halt all auctions and wait until their investor's funds clear, send out all of the items which they owe, which it seems date back months then continue trading.

However, what for10cents is doing is continuing to operate, EVEN though they know that they couldn't fulfil new orders because they have had a backlog of won items to ship out already. So, unsuspecting people like me, who bid on their site and won their item, is not going to see my item months and even years down the track. And the money which I paid to get that win, will go to fund items which were owed to previous winners before me. How is that not a pyramid scheme? What's going to happen when the flow of new bidders dry up, because that's bound to happen as the amount of disgruntled customers grow, they are going to vent their fustration on forums as well as initiating chargebacks.

Let me refer you to the follow post from jake, http://www.pennyauct...ll=1#post154730, this was made back on the 6th March 2012. More than 5 months down the track on the 14th August 2012, his account is yet to be settled. What legitimate business wouldn't ship their items out more than 5 months down the track? My suggestion to all those who bidded on for10cents to file chargebacks as soon as possible before its too late. Credit cards have a 6 months period in which to initiate disputes, after which no disputes will be entertained unless you go through legal avenues.

For10cents should really be frank with new bidders, letting them know that they are at the end of a very low line to get their items if they do win. I was about to bid with them until I found this forum. I'm so grateful I found this thread, it has saved me a great deal of trouble. If I was in a similiar situation, I would have waited at most one month before filing my chargebacks for ALL of the payments I have made with my CC.

EDITED due to grammatical and spelling mistakes.

Edited by timmason, 19 August 2012 - 09:34 AM.

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Carlsbadian,
I apologize for the last two postings regarding zeek & comparing it to for10cents, however timing and frustrations gets to all of us. (I will just leave those postings there as well..let it ride). Not to take any side but for what it's worth, all these noobs to outside observers have some Merritt and are what they seem to be attempting to empathize with us knee deep, excuse me, neck deep in with for10cents because I am sure they too want to try or tried temporarily for10cents and to their dismay either found this forum and saved them some grief/money or stopped and cut their losses once they werent receiving any items.

for10cents has a great website, great items, great set up, but if there are no guarantees or results or even a promise then I do not know what to tell ya'. I am trying to be Diplomatic and patient and understanding to the whole situation and would like to see that light at the end of the tunnel grow larger, but there is a BUT. Somebody help me out here. I never rant, so this will be my first.

Good day to you all and happy bidding!
N3

jerrads
  • jerrads
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I can't believe I have been so blind. I totally agree with timmason, this guy is just using the money from new bidders to pay off the old ones. Just like a pyramid scheme. The people who are still defending this site are probably those who are due to be paid next. I have waited 4 months for my items and have spent over $1000 on the site and I have yet to see a thing. I have contacted my bank today and they said I have very strong grounds for a chargeback. Basically when I lodge a dispute, its up to them to show that I have received "value" for the money I have spent. Its very clear that I have received no value, and if they say they have sent items to me, they will have to prove it. I'm going through all my credit card statements now and I'm going into the branch tomorrow. This has got to stop. I can't believe the site is still up. This guys is playing us all for fools. What kind of investor would even though for10cents.com?

I have no idea what N3llyNova is talking about with "for10cents has a great website, great items, great set up", their site is buggy, the interface looks like we have travelled back to the 80s and their "set up" is the worse because they don't send items out. The guy is probably broke, that's the only explanation. Their tiered system is so confusing. The only reason why I bidded on that site was because it was so cheap. Now I know why, its a total ponzi scheme to lure new bidders in to pay for previously won items.

Well, I'm putting a stop to it. I'm out of this ponzi scheme, for all those defenders of for10cents if you want to continue beating a dead horse, be my guest but you guys can beat it without me.

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I can't believe I have been so blind. I totally agree with timmason, this guy is just using the money from new bidders to pay off the old ones. Just like a pyramid scheme. The people who are still defending this site are probably those who are due to be paid next. I have waited 4 months for my items and have spent over $1000 on the site and I have yet to see a thing. I have contacted my bank today and they said I have very strong grounds for a chargeback. Basically when I lodge a dispute, its up to them to show that I have received "value" for the money I have spent. Its very clear that I have received no value, and if they say they have sent items to me, they will have to prove it. I'm going through all my credit card statements now and I'm going into the branch tomorrow. This has got to stop. I can't believe the site is still up. This guys is playing us all for fools. What kind of investor would even though for10cents.com?

I have no idea what N3llyNova is talking about with "for10cents has a great website, great items, great set up", their site is buggy, the interface looks like we have travelled back to the 80s and their "set up" is the worse because they don't send items out. The guy is probably broke, that's the only explanation. Their tiered system is so confusing. The only reason why I bidded on that site was because it was so cheap. Now I know why, its a total ponzi scheme to lure new bidders in to pay for previously won items.

Well, I'm putting a stop to it. I'm out of this ponzi scheme, for all those defenders of for10cents if you want to continue beating a dead horse, be my guest but you guys can beat it without me.

Jerrads: relax....Im not defending for10cents. You should read the prior pages as I am ready to jump on any bandwagon of class action lawsuit. Relax. I do not know which guy is broke, and am hoping you don't mean by me. If so, you have issues. If you continue to read the same sentence I noted how there were no guarantees, results or even a promise. Your barking up the wrong tree. Never ran into into you in for10cents website or any other and suggest for you to read thoroughly this thread as I am one unhappy consumer just like yourself and be what it may as your opinion, the site nonetheless of the cheap price per bid still reeled you in regardless of how 80's set up it is. Other than price the site was functioning and you also was and is a victim.
if you would like to vent out your frustration then do so by not attacking a fellow member. It won't help anyone's situation. Please try reading entire thread then accuse me of having no idea of what for10cents is about.
Chill. Happy bidding.
N3

timmason
  • timmason
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Everyone needs to calmn. Stay cool and collected. However, Jerrads has lost over $1k, that's a pretty significant amount for most people.

n3llynova, you probably never ran into Jerrads, because its an alias, from what I have read in the previous posts, looks like 410 monitors these forums.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Why do you and timmason keep saying, this is a ponzi scheme when you know that this is not the case. Read the entire thread. We have been waiting for 18 months now, to get our wins. They owe me around 59K in wins. If it is a ponzi scheme I and Nelly would not have to come here to complain about for10ents We would be laughing all the way to the bank. People , please read the entire thread before responding or venting your frustrations on members. We are all frustrated too.
No one is endorsing for10cents. In fact we are all worried about getting our win.

Chrismak
  • Chrismak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

So sorry to hear you guys got stung. Sites like for10cents gives us all a bad name.

You will never experience such issues at EasyBidBargains.com as we reserve the item in our inventory before listing the auction. This means our winners ALWAYS get their item. Paid bids are only $0.30 each and Voucher bids can be bought for $0.09.

Register before the 30th Sept 2012 to get 50 free bids and use the code, PAWMEMBER, before the 29th August 2012 to get 15% off bid packs.

Starting 29th August 2012 for one week, ALL Amazon gift cards are beginner auctions. So you have a great chance to score yourself a bargains. We also have iPads and IPods on offer as well. You all deserve better, register and bid at EasyBidBargains where you don't have to worry about not getting your item.

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hi all,
An update, have you noticed on the completed auctions section of 4-10? Items are won at 0.01 cent. Like wow. :-52-:
See below:

http://www.for10cents.com/auction/finished/$N

I smell, a smell. :leaving:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users