Started by Joncline21 , Jun 06 2011 07:16 PM

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

prettypenny
  • prettypenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Sorry to say, but it is more than past time to see this site shut down! Who else is at limits of excuses made......? Seriously only thing have seen of late is that they did finally down-size prizes being offered. Prior to they were offering pretty nice crap-- as a draw--oh but thats right they never shipped. But it's been well over a yr. I have been waiting, n3lly, u and I cross swords a few times. I do not go as pretty penny there. . I do not think I ever beat ya cause at that point I had been playing site for6 mths and awaiting shipping for far too long already. And I regret the fact never warned u all. Far past time for class action suit. The site regardless needs to be shut down. And let me tell u all this. I was a seemingly good customer. In course of8 mths I was fool enough to spend about 18 grand that way. Seriously. I won 25 grand in items in the process. Figured I was ahead right? Nope. I got about 2 grand of winning before they offered me 70 percent of a year ago. And of that I have seen about 30 percent. Any one that cares to ask, and I will reveal my real Id that way. Ia past fed up with this site.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Did I read this correctly, that you received 30% of the money after they sent a letter to everyone they will give 70% of total wins in check. If you received that amount. You are the luckiest person, among for10cents bidders. Can Yu please clarify
Thanks
CARLSBADIAN

Sorry to say, but it is more than past time to see this site shut down! Who else is at limits of excuses made......? Seriously only thing have seen of late is that they did finally down-size prizes being offered. Prior to they were offering pretty nice crap-- as a draw--oh but thats right they never shipped. But it's been well over a yr. I have been waiting, n3lly, u and I cross swords a few times. I do not go as pretty penny there. . I do not think I ever beat ya cause at that point I had been playing site for6 mths and awaiting shipping for far too long already. And I regret the fact never warned u all. Far past time for class action suit. The site regardless needs to be shut down. And let me tell u all this. I was a seemingly good customer. In course of8 mths I was fool enough to spend about 18 grand that way. Seriously. I won 25 grand in items in the process. Figured I was ahead right? Nope. I got about 2 grand of winning before they offered me 70 percent of a year ago. And of that I have seen about 30 percent. Any one that cares to ask, and I will reveal my real Id that way. Ia past fed up with this site.

pichicago
  • pichicago
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Yes prettypenny please elaborate on on previous post.

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hi for10cents.com crew!
Shall we insert here what we RECEIVED (not won), but received. Get ready for my long list. I received a battery charger (Probably cost $10) and a cheapo photo/video camera that takes blurry photos! I probably won over 30 grand in winnings. I feel naked and embarrassed. Your turn!
Can't wait to receive my every other shady weekly update e-mail. Am I an unhappy customer that never received the items, perhaps. Emoticon! I did a few notarized letters choosing cash or item, spoke to Maciej Wilhem, Blanca Alexander, Lindsay Zilai, and the new guy, Walder Valder (while Maciej was on on vacay). A story to tell indeed.

Anyways..Back to reality.

N3llyNova

prettypenny
  • prettypenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Sorry I did not mean to drop off just seemed no response so I figured thread--a sore subject-- was dead horse, much like the penny auction site we are all still awaiting shipments from. Like many of you I have spoken with them many times--for a time on a seemingly weekly bases. Even called overseas. But at this point, I have all but given up on getting any blood from this seemingly turnip. What I do not understand is how they can continue to remain in business, all be it with what now seems as next to nothing as for as traffic that way these days. But the Illinois Attorney Generals Office has a very strong and proactive consumer protection record, and with the seemingly high numbers of people being burned from this company, well I am left just as puzzled as everyone else here.
I also continued to bid long after the fact of one excuse of delayed shipping after another, cause I learned real quick there seemed to be a lot of power bidders that way and they all seemed to continue to bid. Also on this site, there were reports of for ten cents have a loooong history of long delays in shipping--think read here as much as six mths out or more. But then, there was also reassurances in follow ups that stated they did eventually ship.
And then there is the fact that the gent who owns??? the place seems/seemed earnest in his efforts. But to be frank in a few more months I will be moving into two yrs since I placed my first bid.
Got to dash. I will try to check back more often to see if others are coming into this thread, if anyone else wants to discuss or ruminate and commiserate.

Happy bidding elsewhere, I hope. =)

prettypenny
  • prettypenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

PS I wonder if anyone has tried as yet to report them to The Balancing Act Tv Show, producers, in response to the video that they have kept using in effort to promote their site and business?????

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

PS I wonder if anyone has tried as yet to report them to The Balancing Act Tv Show, producers, in response to the video that they have kept using in effort to promote their site and business?????

Great idea. I say call the Balancing Act TV Show and Lindsay Zilai (the person representing for10cents.com) is no longer working there (just FYI, I suppose) and turn it around into news investigation or further reporting on "what's happening now with for10cents.com" to say the least.

In conclusion, work hard and pay for items directly rather than wasting hours of time and loads of your hard earned money on these type of companies.

Prettypenny: Did you receive any items?

Warchild138
  • Warchild138
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have been watching this thread with interest, being in the same boat as everyone here. I am going to file with Lisa Madigan, the Illinois Attorney General, which I have heard from another victim, is time consuming but works. I am wondering however if I can file to demand all of the money I spent on bids and everything on the site. The prizes I am owed amount to about $1,800, while I spent a total of around $7,000 on the site tota. Since I can't see where they have provided me with anything but frustration for my money. I told Wilhelm personally how much I needed that money last winter, when I was basically homeless and living in a 2 seater Colorado. I guess him and his pals needed it more than me though. I even drove from Nashville to Chicago to confront them personally, only to find an empty office of a completely different company, and a secretary who insisted I leave immediately. If I find you Wilhelm, Your going to learn some of the misery I got from freezing day after day holding on to a thin hope that you would come through like you promised over and over again

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I have been watching this thread with interest, being in the same boat as everyone here. I am going to file with Lisa Madigan, the Illinois Attorney General, which I have heard from another victim, is time consuming but works. I am wondering however if I can file to demand all of the money I spent on bids and everything on the site. The prizes I am owed amount to about $1,800, while I spent a total of around $7,000 on the site tota. Since I can't see where they have provided me with anything but frustration for my money. I told Wilhelm personally how much I needed that money last winter, when I was basically homeless and living in a 2 seater Colorado. I guess him and his pals needed it more than me though. I even drove from Nashville to Chicago to confront them personally, only to find an empty office of a completely different company, and a secretary who insisted I leave immediately. If I find you Wilhelm, Your going to learn some of the misery I got from freezing day after day holding on to a thin hope that you would come through like you promised over and over again

@Warchild138: Wow, no real company. Shocker. Who's secretary asked you to leave immediately? Bogus, scam, fictitious, fraudulent, false, phony, sham, counterfeit, con, deceit, double-cross, shady, deception, extortion. That's what comes to mind when dealing with this entire situation. I believe we would all like to file, please link the website to which avenue you're using to make a complaint with the Attorney General. Thank you.

rfb1
  • rfb1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

So i too am waiting, emailing, texting, and calling. Why, i don't know, i just want this to end, either with them shipping my stuff (one item over 450 days) or finally having them throw in the towel. Have 1% hope that they will actually ever ship their glut of backlogged items owed to their customers. I have heard alot about class action idea...sounds good however remember the atty's are the ones who win in a class action (be lucky to get 5% of the value owed depending on size of class). I think i'll go it alone. I filed with lisa madigan months ago and nothing happened, no reply. Reported to fbi internet div., nothing happened, no reply, reported to BBB (useless). I could kick myself for signing that payout letter a while ago, i think those of us who signed that in the hope that this was coming to an end probably gave away any rights we may have had, not certain. Perhaps calling WGN channel 9 in chicago to see if they would be interested in looking into it. In my miserable experience with for10cents it seems that complaints and reviews on the internet is the only thing that gets Maciej moving. Now two Christmas days will have passed without the big gift i thought i would have. I am done with penny auctions.

dpennybidder
  • dpennybidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

I never got the deal with this site. I notice the rather "attractive: ending auction prices. The auctions on the site were selling for pennies on the dollar. The owner's didn;t hide the fact that they were close to 9 months plus backlogged on items yet bidders continued buying and using up bids on the site hoping to "steal" a few good deals at an amazing price. I do understanding that if you are having a rather large stack of paid bids that you would want to use them up. If i was 6 months plus on waiting for items and had a large stack of bids i would boycott the site and use those banked bids at leverage at getting my won items. I don;t understand the users when they are in full aware of the sites slow traffic flowing through its windows and the lies and shipping problems they continue to play on the site hoping for a few of the "pick over wins." My biggest problem with that is that if users are signing basically a virtual contract they should take some accountability when using negligence in buying and paying for bids/wins. When they are in full understanding of site owners lack of shipping, customer service, lies, they continue to play and win on the site hoping to use social media, paypal dispute/chargebacks and friends and forums as leverage to get items won rather than use common sense to avoid the site all together. Myself i used to use a set of principles where if my greed took over i would not purse charbeback/dispute if i was in aware that the site was experincing problems.

Warchild138
  • Warchild138
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

@Warchild138: Wow, no real company. Shocker. Who's secretary asked you to leave immediately? Bogus, scam, fictitious, fraudulent, false, phony, sham, counterfeit, con, deceit, double-cross, shady, deception, extortion. That's what comes to mind when dealing with this entire situation. I believe we would all like to file, please link the website to which avenue you're using to make a complaint with the Attorney General. Thank you.

The company was an large international architectural firm,this is their website Neri Companies | Park Ridge Architecture & Construction I see also at the bottom of the for10cents page they are now owned by Catalyst Processing LTD. I never finished filing my claim, but I have heard others have had no luck. The AG for the state is Lisa Madigan, Illinois Attorney General Home Page I nwas living in my truck last winter and barely able to scrape together money to buy food when I was assured the payoff was on the way. I told Maciej that, and still i guess times were so hard there they couldn't pay me what they owed. He is overseas somewhere and so is the money I'm sure. Maciej Wilhelm more than likely is just the fall guy hired because he's a good liar. I feel sorry for the women who had to answer the phones and lie to all the callers wanting their items. The whole thing is sickening, and even worse is the fact they are still online operating. I don't think the vultures bidding on items and winning for one or two cents deserve any part of a settlement either, if one is ever reached. A year or two ago, we all had a reasonable expectation of recieving the items we won. I had to pay close to the full price for some of them, due to what I believe were shill bidders. I agree with the latest post that no one should be using the the site. Why Bob Madoff in prison and not Maciej? At least Madoff paid off the original investors in his ponzi scheme, these guys kept all of it.

Taylor10
  • Taylor10
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I am posting this in more than one topic in the hope I can reach as many people as possible:

Hi,

I am ready to be part of filing a class action suit against For10Cents.  

Does anyone even know how to start something like this?  Not only do they owe me a lot of money, but many, many wins, some of them dating back two years.

I was hopeful they would have enough integrity to make it right, but not anymore.  It is plain selfishness and greed on the part of the owners not to try and fulfill their contract with us their customers.

I don't know how much help I can be as I am disabled.

Please reply to this post if you are interested, and we can muddle through this together.

I think the Attorney General of the State where the business resides may have some information.

Thanks.

Linda

Taylor10
  • Taylor10
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I am posting this in more than one topic in the hope I can reach as many people as possible:

Hi,

I am ready to be part of filing a class action suit against For10Cents.  

Does anyone even know how to start something like this?  Not only do they owe me a lot of money, but many, many wins, some of them dating back two years.

I was hopeful they would have enough integrity to make it right, but not anymore.  It is plain selfishness and greed on the part of the owners not to try and fulfill their contract with us their customers.

I don't know how much help I can be as I am disabled.

Please reply to this post if you are interested, and we can muddle through this together.

I think the Attorney General of the State where the business resides may have some information.

Thanks.

Linda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users