Started by Joncline21 , Jun 06 2011 07:16 PM

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Cgtseo, I cannot answer all your questions, but I will answer what I can......PAs are very erratic, they are unpredictable on all accounts, and thats what makes them so tempting and such good deals at times.....its all really a gamble....you really have to do homework and be good at it to make a profit at all......as far as colluding, if two ppl go in on one item at the same time and they are working together, they can make it look as if there is more interest in the item, all the while one of them will quit fast so the other can win or the other way around......thus making it easier to win.....I do not know about the other questions, but I hope I have helped a little.....Happy Bidding

Aceskye
  • Aceskye
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

I have won several items to the tune of $20,000 off of for10cents, and I actually really like the site and the format it uses for auctions, however I have not recieved a single item that I have won, several of which are now entering 13 weeks old. What is the deal, and what can be done about this, if anything??? When you ask them you never get a straight answer, it is always "we're behind"! I would really appreciate some feedback....I am starting to get worried!

Shipping is extremely slow for them. I stopped bidding there last October, and still waiting for my last win from them. So its been 200+ days now. You just have to constantly contact them to send your items.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

They gave away thousands of bids as prizes in another forum recently....most of us have not received any of those bids and they have not replied to any emails inquiring about the bids they promised.
With that lack of customer service, I might not bother to bid even with the bids I won in that sweepstakes...IF I ever get them.
Hope you all get your stuff!
Scammers suck :(

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I completely understand what you guys are talking about.....if they do not ship something soon, I will probably stop bidding on their site until I receive a couple of items....I really hate to stop, but it starts to get very risky when they are holding so much of my money and I am seeing nothing in return.....I think the biggest bidders are realizing this too on for10cents, because they have almost all stopped bidding......for example, Kenshin630, toertchen1, Ajord, Nutterdog have almost all but quit bidding.....its really sad, because if they would ship on time they'd have an awesome website on their hands.....but they'll go down with their ship if they dont realize this....thanks everyone and happy bidding

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I completely understand what you guys are talking about.....if they do not ship something soon, I will probably stop bidding on their site until I receive a couple of items....I really hate to stop, but it starts to get very risky when they are holding so much of my money and I am seeing nothing in return.....I think the biggest bidders are realizing this too on for10cents, because they have almost all stopped bidding......for example, Kenshin630, toertchen1, Ajord, Nutterdog have almost all but quit bidding.....its really sad, because if they would ship on time they'd have an awesome website on their hands.....but they'll go down with their ship if they dont realize this....thanks everyone and happy bidding

Add me on that list. :S N3llyNova

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Hey NellyNova, its been a couple days since you posted.....I thought you were gonna go hard on that tablet last night, so I didnt put any autobids in once I saw you had some......Wontquit5 jumped in on me on the Lambourghini, then got his A$$ smoked.....I love to see that.....I've got bids left right now, and as long as I keep winning bids I'll continue to bid of for10cents, but as soon as I run out, I think I'm done until they ship me at least one item.....

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hey NellyNova, its been a couple days since you posted.....I thought you were gonna go hard on that tablet last night, so I didnt put any autobids in once I saw you had some......Wontquit5 jumped in on me on the Lambourghini, then got his A$$ smoked.....I love to see that.....I've got bids left right now, and as long as I keep winning bids I'll continue to bid of for10cents, but as soon as I run out, I think I'm done until they ship me at least one item.....

I was hoping no one was going to autobid with me. I was actually not even watching it and went out for the night. As far as the Lambo, are you talking about the one dd5577 won? You were bidding on that item? what happened? I didn't get to see, were you on autobid or singles?

The site is way too behind, it's like stocks that I can't really see and don't know if it's really in there...Seems shaky right now. I haven't even purchased my last weeks winnings.

Is anyone else out there planning on doing something in regards to the late shipment on winning items?

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I was autobidding on the lambo with just HOW_ABOUT_THAT, when wontquit5 jumped in.....so I quit it and then dd5577 jumped in and took wontquit5 out....I think I quit around $8.00.....Oh well.....I'll use whatever I have left in bids and I'm done.....I already wrote Blanca and told them that I was not purchasing anymore bids until I recieved at least one item.....I dunno if they really care, but I'm a pretty good customer, so I'd hope they do care.....OH well though.....it was good while it lasted.....now lets just hope they dont go under!!

bidding4ever
  • bidding4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

It might be time to start thinking about doing chargebacks frankly. They are really frustrating me - I've got stuff that is 4 months out and nothing shipped... :(

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

It might be time to start thinking about doing chargebacks frankly. They are really frustrating me - I've got stuff that is 4 months out and nothing shipped... :(

is Bidding4ever your user id on the site? or?

I was hoping this week I was going to hear from them again. I think it has been way too long and drawn out that they should put their site under construction until they catch up on sending out items or compensating past winners before they continue to put up new items to bid on. The addiction has passed and I am waiting to collect. Sad really.

Curt
  • Curt
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Well that really sucks. Being a noob, i have spent too much on 10cents learning the ropes. (who to bid or not bid against, how to get others to give up, etc) Best item won just the simple WII bundle which made me feel better but now it seems I may never get it. Well, now I have this forum. lololol. Hopefully, they are really good at kicking it down the road and u'll get ur stuff so far and i get my WII. I will not buy anymore bids either though unless I get my WII and it looks over 200 days out? LOLOOOLOL. Reviewing these threads indicates shipping getting slower and slower, indicating PONZI scheme, and it may well be at the end of line now. Im trying Smartbids now, but im not smart enough yet to win big items there. But I know im smarter than some regulars cuz they brought over intimidating names like "saveurbids" on an auction site that intimidating others is not what u want. You want others to bid in order for u to win. Yet I also see u pretty much have to be there when an item opens and be fast as snot placing ur bids at half price and then its a very long waiting game. Boring!!!! Oh well.

bidding4ever
  • bidding4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

is Bidding4ever your user id on the site? or?

I was hoping this week I was going to hear from them again. I think it has been way too long and drawn out that they should put their site under construction until they catch up on sending out items or compensating past winners before they continue to put up new items to bid on. The addiction has passed and I am waiting to collect. Sad really.

No, my user name on for10cents is different. I use a bunch, but bidding4ever is my most commonly used bidding name .... any luck in getting items?

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

No, my user name on for10cents is different. I use a bunch, but bidding4ever is my most commonly used bidding name .... any luck in getting items?

So what's your user name then? I don't think anyone has received anything for quite some time now. :19:

prettypenny
  • prettypenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Can anyone get on for 10 cents site? ( today JUne 20th) I might be having computer issues, but can not seem to access the site. I know back in march there was a hacker issue and it was down.

prettypenny
  • prettypenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Ok got on so seems a personal computer issue. Ok I hesitate to say this but I have invested 1000s in this site. I’m not particularly good at it so I am down about 25% but they owe me 1000s in products. I have won some nice items and- for a time--considered it worth the losses cause was having fun playing--until I figured out there were time sensitive issues with shipping. And I have to date only received about 20% of my winnings and some of the items are now out there several mths.

Nelly, I have receive something recently. I too have spoken to the CEO--a few times.

Jon they were shipping--but it has been slowing going--as I said above I have gotten some winnings--but they never arrive as per their shipping policy. Which has changed a time or two since I got involved with--over 6 mths ago. & if they go under, I think it is highly unlikely we will receive winnings owed to us. I imagine they will just chapter out. At best, we may see pennies on the dollar in the end results of a class action suit--yrs down the road if it ever comes to that. But I agree with you on those bid packs! Ooooo some of them do go high!!!

I do watch the site--when I can get on it. =) And even still waiting on shipping--I still bid on occasion cause I still have some bids in my acct and I like the site. I agree too, if you are there long enough I think you will see some of the bigger bidders come and then go away for a while then they will make an odd appearance here and there again. Back when I was playing more heavy like there were some pretty amazing power-like bidders, which I learned the hard way about. LOL. And I still see them now and again.

Ragsy
  • Ragsy
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

If you report them to the Better Business Bureau, you have a chance of getting what you won. At least I did. Click on the BBB icon on the bottom of the For10Cents screen and you'll see that their account is under review-- or at least it was on June 18 or so. Then click on file a complaint at the BBB. Say what you want For10cents to do. They have ten days to answer. Worked for me.

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

If you report them to the Better Business Bureau, you have a chance of getting what you won. At least I did. Click on the BBB icon on the bottom of the For10Cents screen and you'll see that their account is under review-- or at least it was on June 18 or so. Then click on file a complaint at the BBB. Say what you want For10cents to do. They have ten days to answer. Worked for me.

How many items were you complaining for? And the cost for the items (what was its worth?). How long ago did you complain and how long did it take for the items to show up at your door?

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I just wanted to update everyone on my account on for10cents. I, too, filed a BBB complaint report on this past Friday, and it didnt take long for the "CEO" of for10cents to call me......He called me yesterday morning, on Monday, and informed me that they are supposedly in the process of making a list of all winners and all items each winner has won.....after they compile the lists they will send out a list to each customer that has won items, and give them the option of the item or the cash value of that item.....and they will do this for all outstanding items......I told them that I would report the complaint back to the BBB as resolved and he assured me that all items would be shipped out by NO LATER THAN the end of August. I told him that if he can meet those terms then I would be satisfied, and if not, I would re-open my complaint with the BBB......Hope they actually follow through with what they say.....

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

I am new to PAW. I too received a similar message from the CEO last week. I however did not go to BBB. I am one of the so-called power bidders on this site. I cannot reveal my ID since I do not want to jeopardize my winnings. It is however nice to read everyone's input on this forum.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

I wonder if anyone is receiving any of their winnings. 410 has been advertising and collecting lots of money, last 3-4 months. Where is the money going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users