for10cents??

Started by Joncline21 , Jun 06 2011 07:16 PM

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I don't think they are collecting lots of money...they GAVE AWAY thousands of bids in promotions and the sweepstakes in another forum. I feel bad for people who are actually buying bids and playing against the people who have won hundreds of bids. I made a list of all the winners who had won 500-800 bids in the sweepstakes when it was announced so I would know who NOT to bid against...I won 200 bids and was only able to win a $25 GC....haven't received it....lol
Scammers suck :(

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

I did not know that.Like a fool I have been buying and going against people who got free bids. Can I get a list too or the forum where they gave away free bids. Is that why there are so many new bidders? I was wondering how they are able to draw so many new bidders with all those shipping problems.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Hi rajkat..welcome to PAW..Sorry, I tossed the list after I used up all my bids there as I have no intentions of EVER buying any bids on a site that takes ridiculously long to ship.The contest ended weeks ago...I'm betting many blew through all their bids as quickly as I did.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Thanks for the info though. It helps. I believe they promised to ship everything by Aug30. Fingers crossed. I have to get lots of items.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hey Caveninit, Can I get the name of the forum where they gave away the free bids? Maybe, I can go on the forum and research.
Thanks

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

We aren't allowed to post the name of that forum here...the winners were announced on that forum's on line" penny auction radio station", if that helps....just Google that.

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I urge all of you to NOT close your complaint with the BBB until you actually have your items in hand. Trust me on this one.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Thanks caveninit, Appreciate the help.I could not locate the forum. Despite the free bids I am winning my usual items easily. Now, my only worry is getting my items. They promised August. Lets wait and see.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hello Cbaraglia. Thanks. I have a serious shipping problem with for10cents. I believe you were able to get it resolved. Can you please help me too. How do I get in touch with you. I sent a message to Amanda.
Thanks again for trying to keep them honest.

startover4
  • startover4
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I won 200$ in items back in October and just emailed them every hour and they shipped it as a AMEX giftcard with in 2 weeks.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hello startover4,
Thanks for the response. Did you get the GC within 2 weeks of winning the item or did they send it recently, after repeatedly emailing them?

startover4
  • startover4
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Within 2 weeks this was back in October. I think theyve had shipping problems since around July of last year.

citcelsyD
  • citcelsyD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

I guess everyone got the letter/offer for cash or merchandise. It is my understanding that it is full cash value (retail). Has anyone actually talked with them to confirm that?

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Yeah everyone received the letter and I talked to Blanca and was told that it will be full retail value. Right now I will take whatever value they give me. Right now they owe me around 40K in merchandise.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Right now, I don't know if I should wait till Aug or go ahead and file a claim.

startover4
  • startover4
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Do both.

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I would wait and give them time. They seem to be going through with what they have promised so far. I would hate to screw it up now, then if they dont come through by the end of August, they'll have a lot of complaints.....but so far so good, just let them work it out......seems like they're trying to start over fresh, which has to be good.....I got my letter around the 1st and already sent it back, but I have not heard anything yet.....I just sent it out today however....

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hello Joncline,
Thanks! I was leaning towards giving them a chance to come through by Aug. Hopefully, they do. I too sent the letter back and talked to both the Blance and the CEO. The CEO seems to be genuine. The only thing that stuck me during the conversation was that they have stopped shipping completely till Aug. I would ship as much as possible and get some publicity to attract more and newer bidders. Also, I would reduce the number of items which I think are too many as of now. Well that's my thinking. Hopefully things work out for everyone and we resume our battles on the website. I would rather have that.

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Yeah thats me too....I will more than likely start bidding on for10cents again if they get my stuff shipped to me....I like the site and all....I am currently on quibids doing most of my bidding under a different username..... Quibids is a lil bit harder to win on, but they have a lot better products and ship out most within a week of winning.....you cant beat that....I have won a 51" Samsung 3D TV from there as well as a bunch of golf clubs and a Samsung 3D Home Theatre......The "Buy It Now" option is really nice too.....happy bidding everyone....hope that we can get back to for10cents soon!!!

N3llyNova
  • N3llyNova
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hey,
Been awhile. As far as choosing to receive "cash instead of product." Are you positive on the full retail (MSRP) value will be given? I was told a different discounted/less than/A fraction/Percent of the full retail value of the item. Please double, triple check and confirm, because I was told differently, which is why I am not haste with deciding until I am fully clear of the underlying agreement/promise of "cash instead of product" option. Thanks :wink:

p.s. Seriously, they gave away thousands of bids? Hmph. I was unaware of this. Maybe it was only meant for new bidders? eh...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users