Started by Joncline21 , Jun 06 2011 07:16 PM

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hi Hunta, Welcome to Penny Auction Watch. How long ago has it been since you won the items? This is concerning. Thanks for joining PAW! How did you find penny auctions? Let us know if we can help in any way.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

wyldunknown
  • wyldunknown
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Last week I received the 2 gift cards ($75 in value) that were won at the end of May. (After I sent yet another email.) Small items compared to what is owed to some, for sure, but wanted to let you know that they are still shipping. Done with that site! 2 more sites to battle with and I'm out of this PA world. Too many headaches....where's the fun? Reliable sites are too far and few anymore.

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

PennyAuctionWatch, I too am having the same issues with for10cents.....along with many others that I have talked to. I have won several items, the first of which was won in March, and I have not received a single item that I have won. Nothing.....they keep telling us to be patient and that they are working hard to get all accounts up to date, but there is nothing being done. I think people are going to have to come together and get something done about this if they are not going to do anything. Please let us know if you can help. Thanks!

jake40
  • jake40
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

i agree with you Joncline21 they had plenty of time to fix this i was going to give them
to the end of august but that looks like that not going to happen my items is 184 to 79 days

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Yes, something has to happen. It really just looks like they are prolonging this as long as they can so that they can get money from as many people as they can before action is took against them and they have to shut down. If we allow this to go on, more and more people are going to lose money! This has went on too long.....

prettypenny
  • prettypenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

They owe me thousands and I have items out for mths. I got the Aug 30th song and dance too and even agreed to settle for 70% of the retail value of items I paid for, and still no word. I can afford the loss and have only been patient for the sake of others, but reading this forum/ thread and seeing others in the same boat, I am at my wits end with them and ready to call it quits and go the legal route. Fact of the matter is I am concerned they are still in business when this is the manner in which they do business. & From the sounds of things/ others, well it is beginning to smack too much of them milking unsuspecting bidders for all they can get before they close the doors.

citcelsyD
  • citcelsyD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Anyone hear anything from them? They never answer the phone when I call and I gave up emailing cause they never reply. It seems as the site has plenty of traffic, more than when I was active there. They should have plenty money to ship out wins. 9 freakin' months I've been waiting, and calling, and emailing. This is nothing short of criminal. They should be shut down. (And arrested!)

prettypenny
  • prettypenny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Yes I have talked to them via Email and phone this week. I am in a position to not really give a damn about the winnings anymore, just want this resolved even if that means they close the doors of their business and or make good on our accts. What I am getting is a request for more time-nothing specific, a week as in next or a couple of weeks maybe longer blah blah blab-- and a rather convincing notion that they have the best of intentions to settle up on accts even some idea of with interest. Of course the road to hell is often paved with the best of intensions, so I am uncertain at this time what I plan to do.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hi everyone - really disappointed to hear this. In the past users here have reported that for10cents said they wouldn't ship items unless what they posted was deleted here, I find that to be very wrong. Please keep us updated. FTC states that shipping by law is 30 days or a definite date specified....

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

See For10Cents Penny Auction

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Rene
  • Rene
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Did you ever get your items? Man they're slow

citcelsyD
  • citcelsyD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Did you ever get your items? Man they're slow

None here. I received an email similar to the Bidtwister song and dance. 4 more weeks. Was it two months ago they started the " by end of August promise"? I would not count on receiving anything by christmas. ( I thought I would get them before last christmas as they were won in Oct./ Nov.)

Joncline21
  • Joncline21
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Yes, I got the same promise of 4-6 more weeks because of weak financial markets.......they promised to send an interest payment for every month that they have not settled my account, but I think this is just for stringing out purposes so that they can make as much money as possible before shutting down the doors.....this is really sad.....I could really use the money they owe me seeing as how I'm about $9,000 in debt on their site, with them owing me about $19000 worth of stuff......sad really.....

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Anyone get their interest check? If someone gets their check, can they please post here. I have not received mine yet.

citcelsyD
  • citcelsyD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Anyone get their interest check? If someone gets their check, can they please post here. I have not received mine yet.

Have not heard a peep since the email about the interest.

Taylor10
  • Taylor10
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Hi all, nothing new from 4:10 for me either, but I do have to vent.

Maybe some of you are running into the same situation. These bidders who either "squat" or the one's who bid a single bid every time the clock counts down and in essence wasting your bid and everyone else's. It drives me nuts, and especially when I am the only auto-bidder left and they do this for 50+ bids.
OK I got that off my chest. Thanks for listening.

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

I wouldn't worry too much about winning there. There is no guarantee you will get them at all. The last item I received was 6 months back. I am still waiting for items I won in January.

Maybe some of you are running into the same situation. These bidders who either "squat" or the one's who bid a single bid every time the clock counts down and in essence wasting your bid and everyone else's. It drives me nuts, and especially when I am the only auto-bidder left and they do this for 50+ bids.

citcelsyD
  • citcelsyD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

I agree. They are the bottom feeders of the site. They have a chance of winning very cheaply if no ones has set an autobidder. Nothing wrong with that, but when they see a single auto bidder, they single bid you hoping that someone will come along and set their autobidder against you. It's like they are sore because they didn't get it for 20 bids. At least that is what it seems to me. I say if you don't want to battle the person for it, let them win.

Edited by citcelsyD, 18 September 2011 - 11:33 PM.
add text

rajkat
  • rajkat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

I have a question. This did not happen on for10. It was on another website and I was watching the auction closely. A new bidder was bidding on an item and started from the beginning of the auction. As the timer was winding down to 0 another PB with the number 65 came in and jumped. The new bidder went on for some time and after later started single bidding. I could clearly see that he was waiting for someone to join to continue the bidding. Someone did join and the bidding went on for some time. After some time the timer was again winding down to zero for 65 to win and the new bidder again started single bidding waiting for someone to join and sure enough another bidder joined and the auction went on for some more time. 65 lost lots of bids. IT was fun to watch the entire auction and see the tug of war. I was thinking that the first bidder was right in single bidding and making 65 pay for jumping him. What do you guys think?

chibrook
  • chibrook
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

This did not happen on for10. It was on another website and I was watching the auction closely. A new bidder was bidding on an item and started from the beginning of the auction. As the timer was winding down to 0 another PB with the number 65 came in and jumped.

First, you should have perhaps started a new thread if this has nothing to do with for10cents. I'm confused - are you saying "65" placed the SECOND bid in the auction? What's wrong with that? That's not jumping! No one should expect to go unchallenged. :confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users