firearms guns outdoors shooting weapons

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Fuzzball
  • Fuzzball
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Guns4pennies was actually the second site I tried for penny auctions, after swoopo. I've been on there since January and the 2 names you mentioned just started appearing a week or 2 ago, about the same time Proto did slamming the auctions, so there's a good chance they're power bidders also.Has anyone tried another gun site, magnumderby? It has a decent number of items, but the bidding pattern seems really odd to me.

Fuzzball
  • Fuzzball
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Actually based on her name and screen name here it looks like erin824 is a PAW member that posted here: pennyauctionwatch.com/forum/penny-auction-site-bidder-reviews-discussion/15414-guns4pennies-com.html

Edited by Fuzzball, 22 June 2011 - 05:39 PM.
Attempting to correctly link to another PAW thread

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

I played against Erin824 last night... I won my auction but was surprised because of her QuiBids wins at over $25k and she has won two auctions over at G4P recently... A bidpack and a gun... I think she is a legit player and not a bot / shill ... Can't be sure never seen her before with exception of these two sites... so unless Quibids and G4P are using bots / shills - Don't know... I just know she threw in about 400 bids on our auction matching me and then gave up... maybe she didn't buy enough to stay with me.... Hmmm Erin if you are out there and reading this come on in and say Hi... let us know you are REAL ...

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Actually based on her name and screen name here it looks like erin824 is a PAW member that posted here: pennyauctionwatch.com/forum/penny-auction-site-bidder-reviews-discussion/15414-guns4pennies-com.html

You are referring to 824Addiction.... later down the thread she does say here name is Erin.... so I guess we can assume that they are one in the same person..... Say Erin... is this YOU?

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Just an FYI, don't bid on guns if you're just planning to resell them. ATF frowns on that, and I don't think they let you bid from Federal Prison.

:P That's a cute warning.... I only bid on items for PERSONAL use no matter what it is.... The boys in my house are the ones into guns so these are their toys.... with two gun ranges within 2 miles of us and lots of LAND.... they have plenty to shoot at.... !!!!

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

I'll try it out.

Fuzzball
  • Fuzzball
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Congratulations on the win LadyK, I saw you pick one up on the other gun site, fishnbang the other day. I'll be bidding there when they get more firearms up, if they can get their server issues worked out. I was surprised to see ProtoProtoss back on guns4pennies yesterday after his last post here, but maybe he was just using up the bids he already had in his account.

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Thanks Fuzz.... Yeah I was able to pick that up.... Glad too cause the boys were about ready to kick my butt if I didn't get in a firearm auction.... I win so much other stuff they were about to start begging and that is painful around here... LOL Proto has had some pretty good pickups on G4P... I just hope it didn't cost him too much... I really want to get in on some in G4P but just not willing to spend that many bids until I really watch it a little longer. The cost for bids are higher than most and the payment via Checking account... I'm not so sure I want that information given to any site. I know they keep putting up and taking down their credit card processor but it looks to go to a private business as well and that is something I'm not so sure I'm willing to do at the moment with all the hacking and stealing of PA sites info.... I'll keep an eye on it... that's for sure just for the boys sake! 8)

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Where do I even start with this ridiculousness? In reference to me being a bot...Ha! I hope that rep gets out. It will certainly help my win ratio. I love it how some over inflated, egotistical a** loses to another person and assumes that person is a bot. First of all protoss, let's go ahead and go there. You came on that site thinking you were 10 foot tall and bullet proof. I read your little "motto" about controlling the flock. That, combined with that picture you posted and your overly aggressive playing style told me everything I needed to know about you. That tells me you play like you think you are unbeatable. Your ego was your weakness, and it was used against you. There will always be someone out there with more money and/or skill---if not just pure luck. You didnt realize I was a member watching you and your bidding habits. I knew five steps ahead of your first move how you would come out playing. Instead of admitting player got outplayed, you start slanderous allegations. What was amazing to me was that you wrote so much crap about that website to the forum, but it sure as heck didnt stop you from spending endless hours on there, aggressively trying to intimidate everyone you came into contact with. If you thought it was rigged, why were you always on? When I went up against you on that 5.7 and you won, I was happy for you. I even posted that if I had to lose, I was glad it was to a forum member. When I realized what a complete jerk you were, I believe I even posted that "warm, fuzzy feeling" was gone. So, what happened to you today? I saw you attempting to come after me on the auction I have been in for going on 5 days.....What happened to you? Kinda smarmy to try to kick someone when they are down, dont ya think? Winning mean that much to you? I personally believe in karma....dont you? I think you are and were being highly unfair and slanderous against guns4pennies. I think you have an obligation to clear the air here. People think you are above board on this forum-and actually taking what you say to heart. So why dont you respond and admit you weren't being entirely accurate or fair?
Now, in reference to my playing against Lady K on fishnbang...Here is what I have to say about that: First of all, I threw bids at the site to help Troy. I hope he succeeds. I consider my bids a donation. Dont get me wrong, I really did want the gun, I just didnt see the ends justifying the means. As far as my bidding lightly against lady K, I am not an aggressive bidder. I am not going to attempt to decimate someone with whom I have had forum chats. I was happy you won. While I wasnt throwing the auction, I didnt feel the need to bid you up to retail either. There weren't many other people in the game-just the two of us really bidding after the first few minutes...So, it wasn't as if I could play some sort of strategy. But like I said, call me stupid, but I do feel a little uncomfortable going up against people I like. In fact, I was wondering if I saw you over at g4p putting up a fight against Mcleod? That bidder had the same type of bully bidding tactics as another aforementioned member. I was rooting for that player-hoping it was you.
So, after all that was mentioned, lets clear the air about me: Im not a shill or a bot. I like playing on Quibids. Yes, I have been on there quite a bit. No, I do not consider myself a power bidder. I have no other agenda other than the fact that I like the site. Quibids was started by a group of young Oklahoma boys-and I am an Okie myself.
Recently, I have discovered Guns4pennies. I am super addicted! It is a different playing group than normal PA sites. The clientelle is different and the playing style is different. It is a new challenge for me. Lady K is right. I have had two wins on the site. I got a Smith and Wesson for a great price. Hopefully, I will have more...:-) The owner called me himself the day after I won, to congratulate me and thank me for being a member. I couldnt have been more surprised. Since winning, he has sent me multiple emails about my rifle-and has gone out of his way to help facilitate the transaction. He even went out of his way to upgrade my rifle to a more expensive version as he noticed I took a big loss the next day. It was totally not asked for and not expected. It was truly appreciated! I have a hard time thinking that a person like that is not above board and honest. After I won bid vouchers, I called as I wasnt sure how to pay for them..It was Fathers day yet he answered the phone himself. He seems to be a great guy to me. Sometimes, I think you have to make a judgement call based on your experience rather than what someone else says.

And, finally....Yes, unfortunately, I think I could win a spot in Guiness book of world records for the longest running auction participant. I guess when you have so much invested in auction, you have no other choice but to play it out....what can I say? Sound like a true Power bidder to anyone? I wish!

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Now, in reference to my playing against Lady K on fishnbang...Here is what I have to say about that: First of all, I threw bids at the site to help Troy. I hope he succeeds. I consider my bids a donation. Dont get me wrong, I really did want the gun, I just didnt see the ends justifying the means. As far as my bidding lightly against lady K, I am not an aggressive bidder. I am not going to attempt to decimate someone with whom I have had forum chats. I was happy you won. While I wasnt throwing the auction, I didnt feel the need to bid you up to retail either. There weren't many other people in the game-just the two of us really bidding after the first few minutes...So, it wasn't as if I could play some sort of strategy. But like I said, call me stupid, but I do feel a little uncomfortable going up against people I like. In fact, I was wondering if I saw you over at g4p putting up a fight against Mcleod? That bidder had the same type of bully bidding tactics as another aforementioned member. I was rooting for that player-hoping it was you.

Hey Erin.... First let me say I always thought you were real as for FnB when we were bidding. I had looked you up as soon as you bid... Saw the two wins on G4P and QB... Because of your high value wins on QB it never crossed my mind that you were not a legit player only one I have never seen accept when you popped into FnB... and the data on APA.com...
BI never put the connection together of your PAW name and Bidding name until it was referenced in this thread... then I went and checked and that is when I put two and two together... As for our gun auction.... Like I said, I was surprised it ended so soon... because of your stats... I expected it to go on for a long time because of how it looked you bid and from what I knew I had put in.
I even told told Troy I was surprised it ended that soon because I was glad the boys got their toy.... I even mentioned I thought you may not have bought enough bids to go up against me because I'd never seen your name over there in the winners list so I thought maybe you only bought a small bidpack... Who ever knows ... RIGHT?

As for G4P.... Nope that was NOT me... I have joined the site but like I have stated previously... I have not bought bids yet I'm still watching the site and a little fearful of the payment system they use. Just so you know for future reference when I joined that site it was under my other bidding name: GottaHaveIt ....

Keep chattin with me here on PAW I hold nothing against you.... I just didn't know who Erin824 was on FnB and never thought twice about it being your name here on PAW... Glad to meet ya!

LK / GHI

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

It seems like anytime I feel like things are going good I get one of two bidders that jump, bmcleod or erin824. They have been bidding non stop since I started watching the site. I am not going to say the are shills, since I have no proof, but it seems odd for someone to spend so much.

824.... I also believe you made it sound as if Proto was the one that was downing you... and I went and re-read his quotes and could not find him mention you at all... Otherwise I missed it.
the only one that I could see that mentioned you on G4P was Nadsak... Just wanted to point that out...

8) LK

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Hey Lady K, No offense taken. I enjoy chatting with you-and in fact everyone has been really nice on the forum-for the most part. My comments were directed at Proto, because I keep seeing his posts where he was dogging out the site. Im sorry that I dont know how to use the quote system yet..lol..but he says

"after all, this is a business so I'm sure some auctions have their reserves while others do not. Either that, or the ones that win auctions extremely cheap are always bots/shills."

How, is he "SURE"? And if he is "SURE," why is he wasting so much time and money on the site? I was merely pointing out that I beat him, and I am neither a bot nor a shill. Further to that, he was so agressive against bidders on the site, it is no surprise they fought him every chance they got. In one auction, in particular, I watched two bidders go against him back and forth--he probably didnt even realize that he had jumped in on those two bidders late in a previous auction and won-causing them, what was, no doubt, a lot of money. He won the auction I am referring, as he had more money on the table-but I think he might have done better if there wasn't a payback involved? He basis his "sure" beliefs on the fact there was no "competition?" He means: competition he has seen. That narrow focus/belief caused him a lot of grief. Instead of accurately thinking he underestimated the players or the determination, he defames the company. We all know how sensitive the issue of shills or bots are. The mere mention of them causes people to back up and hesitate. I think it is unconscionable that a person would seek to defame a company based on his ego rather than fact. One might make the case that his "sure"ity could cost him a lawsuit. His wording was not stated as his opinion-rather his sureity. But, further to that, I think when we, as forum members throw potentially damaging messages without basis or proof, we weaken our position and respect as a community. Protoss was so furiously and fastly bidding up as many auctions as he could, while simultaneously dogging the site. His words were catching in the threads. I have been reading them. If he truly believed what he was saying, he would have stuck to his principals and stopped bidding there..I have to wonder if the issue doesnt lie more in truth with a current article we read on this forum? The article was about bidders who go to sites, bid them up, deny charges while publicly trash them in order to do harm? I guess time will tell on that one? So, if that does happen, I hope the owner will come on this site and state it. If I am wrong, I will publicly apologize for my mischaracterization. Are you willing to do the same, Protoss?

Now, in reference to Nadsaks claim that "everytime things are going good" he gets one of two bidders that "jump" (McLeod or Erin824), I didn't even address that comment yesterday, as I needed to collect myself before saying something stupid. But, Ive had some time to calm down. First of all, he is correct about Mcleod. I watched that bidder get on the site, harassing everyone. I watched, perplexed, as he consistently went after this one player-someone named "dingleberry." It was so obvious, I thought, at first, that they were working together. When it was clear no person would put that much skin in the game only to continually lose, did I realize what a bully Mcleod was. After one auction, where I had gone up against Mcleod, he/she jumped out. I went on fighting as Mcleod moved on to other auctions-while simultaneously taking pot shots at me everytime they thought I might win. It went on all day. At three in the am, out of nowhere, dingleberry jumped in to save the auction one time when he/she thought Mcleod might win. Our bids came in simultaneously at the 1 sec mark..I had to laugh as I realized the sheer animosity this player had for Mcleod. He hadnt been bidding on any auction for hours. Well, one of the days, while I was fighting the guiness book of world records for longest auction, I noted this particular player bidding on a beretta. As the evening geared up, Mcleod jumped into all four ongoing auctions-taking on the players who had stuck it out all day. I was disgusted to the point where I fought back. So yes, I did "jump" into the beretta auction for the sole purpose of taking on Mcleod. I was done with his bullying tactics. The player that had been there all day had already left-not wanting to mount a fight. If Nadsak had truly watched the development with perspective, he would have noticed that after Mcleod realized it was more of a fight than her/she was looking for-and jumped out, I let the beretta go to the first bidder that jumped in--some single bidder that put 2 single bids on it. I would have gladly thrown it at one of the players who had put his heart into it, but you dont control those things. So, perhaps he could step back for a second and reframe that? It was a $200 moral victory or $200 of stupidity-but it was not a selfish, "jump" action. In the end, after watching Mcleod crash and burn on an auction he fought for two days, I felt a bit sorry for him too. No one wants to see another player put so much into an auction-only to be won by someone else. I abhor jumpers-I am not one. I dont care for the insinuation. I guess, in the end, people can say anything they want about another person. Actions speak louder. While I cant say that I will never go up against this nadsak, I can say that i dont play dirty. And, I can appreciate the skill when another person wins-I dont make excuses in baseless claims.

In the words of Forest Gump, "Thats all I have to say about that..." :7) (other than an apology for the typos...hard to concentrate when your at work)

PA Fan
  • PA Fan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I normally do not post on forums because I prefer to mind my own business and just bid on PA sites that I enjoy. But I feel I have to chime in here and reinforce what erin/824addiction says because of the ridiculous allegations made by someone. I do not think I need to name names because only one person seems to be bashing the site after his epic fail at trying to intimidate everyone on the site.

Like you, I am an experienced penny auction player, but I have been bidding on g4p a lot longer than you have. I have bid on many sites but I mostly bid on Beezid (and I'm on the apa top 50). But unlike you, I didn't show up on g4p and think the usual tactic that so-called "powerbidders" use on other small sites to win ipods and $50 gift cards would work here. I studied the site carefully before making any attempts at bidding to see what the site was like. I watched as you tried to destroy the site with what I like to refer to as a scorched earth method. You wanted to intimidate the competition into never bidding against you again so you could take everything you wanted from the site for cheap no matter what. You came to the site, went for all three firearms going at the same time, and even started posting about your plans before you realized they were going to fail miserably. I am truly insulted that you would refer to me and others on the site as bots and shills, when it is your own tactics that have been the result of your problems. You need to understand your competition. The g4p faithful are not the same group of people you beat up on for $25 Ruby Tuesday cards. They are active duty and retired soldiers, law enforcement, and so forth. I am posting this here to protest you insulting the honest people who use the site. I myself am one of your so-called bots that bid because I wanted the gun and I also saw that your tactics were transparent and ill-suited for the site. If you had never written what you wrote or started bidding on every item up for bid, your outcome might have been quite different. You have to realize that gun lovers are a different type of people. If you ever heard the saying that they can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand, you can get the true idea of how sincerely emotional we can be. Your insulting tactics of trying to take down all three firearms at once offended me, and no doubt did the same to everyone else.

And I will finish by repeating what someone said earlier. I know that the power bidder game is a business. You buy the items cheap and sell them for a profit. No power bidder I know can say differently. When you employ the tactics you did on g4p I can only believe that you planned on winning a lot of guns quickly. Unless you just had a quick urge to stock up for some impending zombie invasion, I have to believe you planned on selling guns for a profit too. That will get you in the hot seat with the federal government quickly. I would hate to be the one who has the ATF ask to see all the guns they won recently and have an empty gun safe. The funny thing is all it would take would be a concerned bidder seeing something like this happen and report it to the ATF as suspicious.

Sorry to everyone for the long rant but I had to get that off my chest after reading the obviously false accusations against a site that I enjoy bidding on.

Fuzzball
  • Fuzzball
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Makes a note to never ever piss off 824addiction. Awesome posts and info from her and PA Fan, thanks for insight.

nadsak
  • nadsak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Hey Lady K, No offense taken. I enjoy chatting with you-and in fact everyone has been really nice on the forum-for the most part. My comments were directed at Proto, because I keep seeing his posts where he was dogging out the site. Im sorry that I dont know how to use the quote system yet..lol..but he says

"after all, this is a business so I'm sure some auctions have their reserves while others do not. Either that, or the ones that win auctions extremely cheap are always bots/shills."

How, is he "SURE"? And if he is "SURE," why is he wasting so much time and money on the site? I was merely pointing out that I beat him, and I am neither a bot nor a shill. Further to that, he was so agressive against bidders on the site, it is no surprise they fought him every chance they got. In one auction, in particular, I watched two bidders go against him back and forth--he probably didnt even realize that he had jumped in on those two bidders late in a previous auction and won-causing them, what was, no doubt, a lot of money. He won the auction I am referring, as he had more money on the table-but I think he might have done better if there wasn't a payback involved? He basis his "sure" beliefs on the fact there was no "competition?" He means: competition he has seen. That narrow focus/belief caused him a lot of grief. Instead of accurately thinking he underestimated the players or the determination, he defames the company. We all know how sensitive the issue of shills or bots are. The mere mention of them causes people to back up and hesitate. I think it is unconscionable that a person would seek to defame a company based on his ego rather than fact. One might make the case that his "sure"ity could cost him a lawsuit. His wording was not stated as his opinion-rather his sureity. But, further to that, I think when we, as forum members throw potentially damaging messages without basis or proof, we weaken our position and respect as a community. Protoss was so furiously and fastly bidding up as many auctions as he could, while simultaneously dogging the site. His words were catching in the threads. I have been reading them. If he truly believed what he was saying, he would have stuck to his principals and stopped bidding there..I have to wonder if the issue doesnt lie more in truth with a current article we read on this forum? The article was about bidders who go to sites, bid them up, deny charges while publicly trash them in order to do harm? I guess time will tell on that one? So, if that does happen, I hope the owner will come on this site and state it. If I am wrong, I will publicly apologize for my mischaracterization. Are you willing to do the same, Protoss?

Now, in reference to Nadsaks claim that "everytime things are going good" he gets one of two bidders that "jump" (McLeod or Erin824), I didn't even address that comment yesterday, as I needed to collect myself before saying something stupid. But, Ive had some time to calm down. First of all, he is correct about Mcleod. I watched that bidder get on the site, harassing everyone. I watched, perplexed, as he consistently went after this one player-someone named "dingleberry." It was so obvious, I thought, at first, that they were working together. When it was clear no person would put that much skin in the game only to continually lose, did I realize what a bully Mcleod was. After one auction, where I had gone up against Mcleod, he/she jumped out. I went on fighting as Mcleod moved on to other auctions-while simultaneously taking pot shots at me everytime they thought I might win. It went on all day. At three in the am, out of nowhere, dingleberry jumped in to save the auction one time when he/she thought Mcleod might win. Our bids came in simultaneously at the 1 sec mark..I had to laugh as I realized the sheer animosity this player had for Mcleod. He hadnt been bidding on any auction for hours. Well, one of the days, while I was fighting the guiness book of world records for longest auction, I noted this particular player bidding on a beretta. As the evening geared up, Mcleod jumped into all four ongoing auctions-taking on the players who had stuck it out all day. I was disgusted to the point where I fought back. So yes, I did "jump" into the beretta auction for the sole purpose of taking on Mcleod. I was done with his bullying tactics. The player that had been there all day had already left-not wanting to mount a fight. If Nadsak had truly watched the development with perspective, he would have noticed that after Mcleod realized it was more of a fight than her/she was looking for-and jumped out, I let the beretta go to the first bidder that jumped in--some single bidder that put 2 single bids on it. I would have gladly thrown it at one of the players who had put his heart into it, but you dont control those things. So, perhaps he could step back for a second and reframe that? It was a $200 moral victory or $200 of stupidity-but it was not a selfish, "jump" action. In the end, after watching Mcleod crash and burn on an auction he fought for two days, I felt a bit sorry for him too. No one wants to see another player put so much into an auction-only to be won by someone else. I abhor jumpers-I am not one. I dont care for the insinuation. I guess, in the end, people can say anything they want about another person. Actions speak louder. While I cant say that I will never go up against this nadsak, I can say that i dont play dirty. And, I can appreciate the skill when another person wins-I dont make excuses in baseless claims.

In the words of Forest Gump, "Thats all I have to say about that..." :7) (other than an apology for the typos...hard to concentrate when your at work)

Wow 814, you really are tough! Good luck!

nadsak
  • nadsak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Thanks for your incite. I spent about 2k so far and ended up with one shotgun and one knife. I already have a large collection of riffles and few pistols, and I was hoping to get some of the more exotic rifles to add to my collection that would otherwise be out of my price range. I have a a CCW and C&R FFL, but unfortuantly my FFL can't be used for the items being sold on G4P. I hope I do better in the future, but it seems everybody has a large budget on this site. Any tips from you guys?

Edited by nadsak, 26 June 2011 - 12:55 AM.

Fuzzball
  • Fuzzball
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Best tip I can give after months on there is that when a gun goes big, the next time it comes up again it typically goes cheaper. Look at the LWRCs that just went up to see what I mean.

nadsak
  • nadsak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Best tip I can give after months on there is that when a gun goes big, the next time it comes up again it typically goes cheaper. Look at the LWRCs that just went up to see what I mean.

That is a good tip. I used that same method on Big Deal and had great successes. I had so much success they banned me. I guess it doesn't matter at this point, it looks like they are closing shop. Anyway with that being said that next M1A might go for a song. :rollingeyes: Good luck all! Speaking of guns, I am going to take my M14 to the DNR range next week.

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Awesome posts and info from 824addiction/Erin824 and PA Fan, thanks for insight.

DITTO... DITTO... DITTO.... you have both written your thoughts and are well spoken.... I concur with Fuzzball... awesome tips and information... Thank you both for coming in here and sharing
and sheding light on the subject that was previous topic of discussion. Two Thumbs Up! :madface:

LadyK
  • LadyK
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

New Topic...

Ok PA FAN , FUZZBALL, and 824.... My worry is the payment system... Have any of you had any thought or worry over giving them your checking information or using their credit card service? I have NEVER given out my checking info to any site...much less a PA site... I prefer a secured method of payment especially with all the fraud and hacking going on..... Can any of you shed some light on this subject for me.... ???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: firearms, guns, outdoors, shooting, weapons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users