Background Image

FASTpennycars.com a penny auction site dedicated to new cars!!

Started by suburbangreen , Jun 20 2011 06:38 PM

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

suburbangreen
  • suburbangreen
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

FASTPennyCars.com announced the launch of its namesake penny auction website. Unlike other penny auction sites that offer personal electronics, FASTPennyCars.com focuses solely on automobiles and automotive related products, an industry first. In advance of its first live online penny auction on June 25, showcasing a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS, website registration is now open.

Through a partnership with local dealership, Bell-Wasik Pontiac-GMC-Buick, in Caro, MI, FastPennyCars.com will arrange for the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS to be shipped to the winner within the Continental United States at no additional cost.

As a consolation for unsuccessful bidders, FASTPennyCars offers Bidder Assurance. The free program which allows unsuccessful bidders to receive a credit for the cumulative value of bids in auctions they did not win. These credits (or a portion of them depending on the vehicle) can be applied to the purchase of a new vehicle delivered through FASTPennyCars.com's dealer network. For more on this, check out the Bidder Assurance video.

Bidder Assurance Video - YouTube - ‪Bidder Assurance Video‬‏
How To Master FPC - YouTube - ‪How to Master FPC‬‏

Check it out at www.FASTpennycars.com for more details.

xpander1216
  • xpander1216
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

FASTPennyCars.com announced the launch of its namesake penny auction website. Unlike other penny auction sites that offer personal electronics, FASTPennyCars.com focuses solely on automobiles and automotive related products, an industry first. In advance of its first live online penny auction on June 25, showcasing a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS, website registration is now open.

Through a partnership with local dealership, Bell-Wasik Pontiac-GMC-Buick, in Caro, MI, FastPennyCars.com will arrange for the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS to be shipped to the winner within the Continental United States at no additional cost.

As a consolation for unsuccessful bidders, FASTPennyCars offers Bidder Assurance. The free program which allows unsuccessful bidders to receive a credit for the cumulative value of bids in auctions they did not win. These credits (or a portion of them depending on the vehicle) can be applied to the purchase of a new vehicle delivered through FASTPennyCars.com's dealer network. For more on this, check out the Bidder Assurance video.

Bidder Assurance Video - YouTube - ‪Bidder Assurance Video‬‏
How To Master FPC - YouTube - ‪How to Master FPC‬‏

Check it out at www.FASTpennycars.com for more details.

Are they reserves set in place?

suburbangreen
  • suburbangreen
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

No reserves at all!

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I've just finally decided to join and have spent a few hundred dollars there to win a few things. I'll report back when I receive them for proof of legitimacy. Cars are a whole different breed though, so if it closes low... I'm still very skeptical about the winner actually receiving it, but who knows. I've won a few cars on a few sites at some rather nice deals and they always have disappeared without sending it to me, lol. Ironically, I got most of the other stuff... just never the vehicles. This would be the first legit one.

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 25 June 2011 - 10:51 PM.

Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

I've just finally decided to join and have spent a few hundred dollars there to win a few things. I'll report back when I receive them for proof of legitimacy. Cars are a whole different breed though, so if it closes low... I'm still very skeptical about the winner actually receiving it, but who knows. I've won a few cars on a few sites at some rather nice deals and they always have disappeared without sending it to me, lol. Ironically, I got most of the other stuff... just never the vehicles. This would be the first legit one.

You won a car?

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

You won a car?

Yeah, what s/he asked???!!! If you did, you better get it or I'll sick Baby Fidgette on them. Oh, did I mention Baby F is my 12lb Yorkie? LOL

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Nice site, though the red and black hurts my eyes. I tried to find "ended auctions" and don't see a link. Is there one up there?

SunnyLL
  • SunnyLL
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Nice site, though the red and black hurts my eyes. I tried to find "ended auctions" and don't see a link. Is there one up there?

At least I can see this one at home page. Auction was ended at $5.28. Not bad if the winner can receive it.
2011 Chevy Camaro SS

evershawn
  • evershawn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

"Not Bad" = Understatement of the year

2011 CHEVY CAMARO SS

Closed at $5.28, each bid ads two cents, which means there were 264 bids total. Their bids range from 1.00 per bid down to .70 cents per bid for their biggest bid pack (800 Bids). So let's do some quick math giving the bid value something in the middle, we'll say .85 cents. That means this car just sold for approx $224.40 ???

How could this site survive throwing away 35 grand per car in their start up phase? This was from yesterday morning supposedly...

I think you're throwing your money away here, no one could afford to do this an actually deliver to the winners.

suburbangreen
  • suburbangreen
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

You won a car?

My friends went into this website (FASTpennycars.com) and loved the whole car theme and actually won several gas and automotive related cards. I am waiting to see the video of the winner receiving his 2011 Camaro. I am sure it will be posted on Facebook and YouTube and local media stations for coverage this week. A car going for 5 bucks!!! The website is still offering cards during the week. I will try for those gas cards this week and wait for the next 2011 Mustang auction maybe I can win a car this time!

suburbangreen
  • suburbangreen
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

After the 2011 Camaro SS went for $5.28, I actually contacted them to see if it was a legit site and spoke to someone at FASTpennycars.com who told me that it went for less than they expected but hoping to use it as a marketing tool so people can go to their site. I am sure they expected to lose $$$$ money on the first car, but not as bad as they did and I think they will do better with the next two cars they auction. I liked the site. It is very different from the other penny auction sites and their customer service or live chat was great!

suburbangreen
  • suburbangreen
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

At least I can see this one at home page. Auction was ended at $5.28. Not bad if the winner can receive it.
2011 Chevy Camaro SS

I will let you know if I see the video on Facebook or Youtube sometime this week. This person must be freaking that they won a 2011 Camaro for 5 bucks!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

xpander1216
  • xpander1216
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

I will let you know if I see the video on Facebook or Youtube sometime this week. This person must be freaking that they won a 2011 Camaro for 5 bucks!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

Yeah they will be freaking when they cant afford the tax on it and all the title work after all the state has got to get their cut and I am pretty sure those fees are not in the winning bid :D , they had better have thousands on hand or get a very quick loan to cover it :)

OKletsFight
  • OKletsFight
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hey Suburban, you must be the marketing guy or an owner, or both? Nice first post (marketing plug), then you seemed to turn into a superfan. I hope your site can eventually do well, I really do. It will be great to see. It's going to be very hard though, since each $35K value auction needs to get well over 35,000 bids to turn a profit, and that means getting the auction bid well above $350.00. You'll either need a Lot of bidders to bail after placing $1000's worth of bids, or a high expectation of users going through with the credit-toward-purchase option. Care to explain the math you have planned to remain a sustainable business?

cautious
  • cautious
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

They delivered the car today, June 27. Here is the link to prove it http://www.mlive.com/business/mid-michigan/index.ssf/2011/06/frankenmuth_man_wins_35000_che_1.html I have questioned it myself but this looks legit to me.

cautious
  • cautious
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

On their website it talks about how they pay all taxes and shipping. I hope it is for real because it looks great and not like all the rest. Today I saw some gift cards go for very cheap prices.

xpander1216
  • xpander1216
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Funny how the winner was from the same state and same town as the dealer hehe lol, think Ill drive away from this one lmao

I would like to also ad that it is funny that since this new site came up 2 new members have been pumping its rep lol???????

Edited by xpander1216, 28 June 2011 - 01:06 PM.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Suburbangreen, since you have the same IP address as the vp, care to explain? See: Something Doesn’t Seem Right About FastPennyCars.com

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Suburbangreen, since you have the same IP address as the vp, care to explain? See: Something Doesn’t Seem Right About FastPennyCars.com

Girl, you must have been a detective in your former life!!!

ltochase
  • ltochase
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I"m new and working at starting a Car penny website. It will be called auto4cents. Anyway now that my plug is out there there is something I don't get that makes it really hard for a regular person to run a car auction website. That fact is you have to have a dealership license to sell more than (x) number of cars a year (depends on your state). Now where I'm at it's 5. But I have a license and a dealership so that's not my issue but going out on a limb I would bet most people in this market don't. but it makes me wonder how this site will be able to keep going or maybe that's why they only sell 1 car a month. Plus you have to have a retail license not a wholesale license which means running and upkeep an actual dealership which is a a bit of work, time, and obviously money. My site will have a reserve but the reserve won't be for us to make money from it but just so that we don't loose out butts trying this. We are going for 2 cars a week as a goal. Most will be around 20k in value unless we can really get some traffic than we might be able to afford to some of them. I'll be sure to plug it more when we launch. Any other thoughts/ suggestions? On my site or the other?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users