penny auction penny auction gold

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Yikes! Sounds like I might have stepped into a hornets nest in this post...I guess it is inevitable that there will be growing pains with any new start up, but wow! Something tells me there might be some history involved with this one. I am not sure how bidwealth overcomes the potential issues that might arise from the referral program/limits issues- but I guess, luckily, they aren't my issues to solve. Realbid, I'm not sure your history with Protoss, but let me assure you, if the concern for collusion was including me, let me allay those fears. I view Mr W as a worthy adversary, at best, as we've had our share of epic clashes in the past. Believe me, there is a certain uneasiness to him having my referral bonus lol---In that, I know how many extra bids he has to play against me...and as I feel quite certain his math skills are up to speed, he knows how many bids I have! With that said, I don't feel comfortable going up against him in any auction. So, I think the potential collusion issue takes care of itself. I think if you read some of the other forums, you will see our history has been one where we have been in each others crosshairs far longer than we have forged a peace...lol...with that said, I know my opponent, and I know he has been a member of the PA community far longer than I. I do respect his opinion and advice. I also can't resist the urge to "poke him with a stick" in good natured fun, of course. :-). In another forum, I believe I was ribbing him about his negative 86% profit win....his comment in this forum was merely a carryover from that forum. Heck, we've all been there with regards to paying way over retail for something to show we won't cave easily. I think I hold the guiness book record for most expensive remote control. Ha! Ha! So, I guess my point is: I'll gladly join in when protoss needs an ego check, but he got an unfair jab on that one. And, If protoss and I ever do wind up going against each other...I'm sure we are way more likely to leave scorched earth in our wake than questions of collusion. Btw....I was amazed at the skill of all of the players on bid wealth....I laughed after it was over as I left thinking I got spanked. There is always that person you pick out for their aggressive playing style-- and haze them to see how far they'll go...Lol..as protoss can attest...I'm wondering if anyone has found that limit yet with RB? Lol! Just wondering......

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I'll gladly join in when protoss needs an ego check, but he got an unfair jab on that one. And, If protoss and I ever do wind up going against each other...I'm sure we are way more likely to leave scorched earth in our wake than questions of collusion. Btw....I was amazed at the skill of all of the players on bid wealth....I laughed after it was over as I left thinking I got spanked. There is always that person you pick out for their aggressive playing style-- and haze them to see how far they'll go...Lol..as protoss can attest...I'm wondering if anyone has found that limit yet with RB? Lol! Just wondering......

Hey, I gave my ego away a long time ago and besides... I open doors for women because unlike most men "I" still believe in chivalry! How's THAT for ego!! hahaha! When I was talking to you in my post, I think he took it out of context a little bit as some people do with my words., but you have to understand. I have 16 people that live inside of my head and it's whichever one of them that speaks up first whom's words I'll type. They might not always be the best fitting for the scenario in the choice of words, but the those wildlings in my head live amongst that one that spoke and they know what he means when he says stuff, so it's difficult to cipher sometimes without asking me. I think a lot... about everything. Especially gov... them M'r F'rs... but anyways. After wondering why I was being attacked I went back and re-read what I'd wrote and seen why he felt I was trying to scare people, so I had to clarify what I meant. Everyone knows I let wins slip by all the time and don't touch much. I was just anxious to see if the stuff was going to get shipped honestly due to this being my "dream auction." And as far as the bids from referrals, trust me, it's nowhere near as much as you'd think... I don't believe it's 10% it's really just small amounts attributed to each pack purchased. I met the creator of the original script by accident and he told me how the referral system worked. So no matter how many bids you buy it's not going to make that much of a difference. At most it'll give me time to run to the grocery and use that coin counter, get cash, stick it in ATM as deposit, and try to buy like a few more bids or something. (serious... I was depressed when I seen how little it was, lol. I was like geezum... I'd need 100+ people for this to even be helpful the way you people bid. :-( <- that's a sad face)

Yes there have been a few that have found RB's limits in the past and on other sites. I know 2 of them in particular whom can take him down at any given moment, but for them to fight is counterproductive to both parties because they would just be wasting bids to show who has the bigger bank. Hell, I've won against him, he's won against me, etc. RB is not UNSTOPPABLE like people think, it's just that he is in most cases willing to go further to get his win than most. Just knowing that, a lot of people don't feel it's worth it to waste money against him because even if you win, you'll probably take a loss in which usually steers people away from the challenge. If you notice, I almost NEVER bid on anything that I haven't marked within the first 5 bids. Not that it's a RULE or anything, but I've always been like that on any site. I like to pick an item early on that I like and try to defend it... I just happen to aim for bigger things often, but I don't go for EVERY big thing. If you go to the categories and open the tabs for silver bars, gold coins, etc. you can find a ton of items that were not listed before (some new everytime I check), which nobody notices. The only reason I targeted so much last month was because it was the end of the month and I wanted to hit limit since it was going to reset today.

I swear, I'm not trying to ruin anybody's experience and I hope all enjoy the site, have fun, and get deals. I am just REALLY into this stuff heavily due to what I believe about the current world financial state, etc. Paper money can be torn and re-printed. You need something that can't do that to feel secure.

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 01 August 2011 - 06:50 PM.

Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Yikes! Sounds like I might have stepped into a hornets nest in this post...I guess it is inevitable that there will be growing pains with any new start up, but wow! Something tells me there might be some history involved with this one. I am not sure how bidwealth overcomes the potential issues that might arise from the referral program/limits issues- but I guess, luckily, they aren't my issues to solve. Realbid, I'm not sure your history with Protoss, but let me assure you, if the concern for collusion was including me, let me allay those fears. I view Mr W as a worthy adversary, at best, as we've had our share of epic clashes in the past. Believe me, there is a certain uneasiness to him having my referral bonus lol---In that, I know how many extra bids he has to play against me...and as I feel quite certain his math skills are up to speed, he knows how many bids I have! With that said,....

Thank you as you have clearly outlined an indirect form of social collusion here, since he will always know how many bids you have and you know what he has recieved as free bids you both are at an advantage. Additionally the social aspect lets be real he is not going to bid against the guy who is now sucking up by givining him 10% of your bids, you see that was a social move and self preservation i suppose, none the less all give you and him an advantage. Frankly my issue is not you bidding against him of vice versa it is if you both bid on the same auction but not against each other. It is too easy for Proto to know when you will be out of bids then he can swoop in. That is the rawest form of collusion and the referral system opens up that rats nest and simply creates an unfair playing field.

Edited by realbidtowin, 01 August 2011 - 10:41 PM.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Back from my camping trip! Time to give this one a GO! :cool: See everyone there!

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Well one thing that needs to be clarified is that you cannot know when the other person buys bids because it doesn't say anything, all it does it credit you a couple bids. It does not say from whom or anything of that nature like people are obviously thinking, so there is no direct way of knowing whom has what. I think you're looking at it like it says: xx bids received from Person (A), but that does not happen.

It's just like anything else in life and has nothing do with collusion. Let's take this for example:

Me and you are good friends, and I know you just LOVE let's say... chicken. Yeah chicken. Okay, nobody really knows where to get this chicken except me, and I say to you...

Proto: "Hey B2W, I'm hungry, let's go get some chicken."
B2W: "LOL. You are so misinformed young one... and obviously don't follow the news. Haven't you heard? Chicken is extinct! as of a few weeks ago!"
Proto: "HAHAAAAA my friend! That's what THEY want you to believe! I'm telling you... I can get you some chicken."
B2W: B#ll$#!+
Proto: Come with me, I'll show you
<we take a walk through the jungle to an area where an old farmer has a huge chicken den off the radar covered in brush>
Proto: See!? Chicken! Told ya.
B2W: WTF!? How the hell you find this!?
Proto: This old man is a friend of mine, I met him out in the swamp. He threw a rock at me from across the pond to let me know a giant alligator was in the area and it was coming my direction. We been friends ever since, and I'd been sneaking him supplies for the past 2 years.
B2W: Niiiice. My wife is going to flip when she finds out we can finally taste some chicken again!

Okay, now in this scenario. You would have NEVER been able to have chicken again if it weren't for me or possibly so but way later down the line his supplies runs low to where he has to start charging 1 gold coin and can only give out one chicken a week. Knowing this was a person that "I" knew to come get chicken, would you just be like F* Proto and buy the chicken for yourself or would you be the type that would share the chicken or let ME have the chicken since I was the one that brought the chicken to your attention in the first place? I sorta feel where you are coming from to a minor extent, but you're too concerned with something that isn't even an issue man, just let it go. If you're talking about collusion, EVERY single person on this forum is automatically in collusion simply from knowing each other's username.

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 01 August 2011 - 11:44 PM.

Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

---

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Somebody signed up with the name ANTIProtoProtoss! ROFLMAO.

---

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Proto

Dude you are playing way to much ZELDA, LOL

You are correct these forums do create a level of SOCIAL COLLUSION I have written extensivly about it, however the PA owners have no control over that, however in this case bidwealth can limit potential collusion by eliminating the residual bonus.

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Proto

Dude you are playing way to much ZELDA, LOL

ROFLMAO! @ the chuckaboo reference!! ;-p

---

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

ok. first of all, I suck up to no one. So, you need to knock that chip off your shoulder. Secondly, I will say, that after, playing...everything else aside..Protoss..you are going for all the biggest pieces--repeatedly putting your name over everyone elses. I think that you should definitely give other people a shot. I clarified the amount of bids you are receiving off of my referral. I, too, would like a shot at the pieces you are all over. I can not, in good conscious, continue to let you receive the 100's of bids with which to come after me with--it is like paying some one else to bid against me. I am beginning to think that Mr chip on his shoulder has a point....I am actually seeing the point here....one time referral, ok--for life..you will be taking over the site. I cannot aid in allowing you the bids to do that with.

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Wooooow. K, first off, there is a $500+ item EVERY single auction day. Sometimes 2 (like today). Me tagging it means NOTHING. I didn't even WIN any item yet besides some bids and you all are tripping. I'm going to bid on the ONE 1 item that "I" was the first bid on, and that's it. Ya'll don't have to worry about me for the rest of the week, so be happy. You're complaining about me but have you not noticed other people rush to tag something first as well? I just happened to be up flipping through the auctions the other day and spotted it first. Now I'm ridiculed for tagging it as others do other items. LOL. Ya'll are so ridiculous.

---

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

ummm one more thing....self preservation? Are you kidding me? LOL...if you only knew, dude....LOL...

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Where do you see someone sucking up to someone, what are you talking about? lol. Anyways, I was not putting my name over everybody else's anything. Those were the 2 items I seen the other day and decided to try for. I was first to spot those, so I put first bid in, and now I am defending it. Who has the right to say WHICH items I can go for? I believe this was already referenced in prior post about the limits about 1 $500+ item per week, etc.

---

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

ok. first of all, I suck up to no one. So, you need to knock that chip off your shoulder. Secondly, I will say, that after, playing...everything else aside..Protoss..you are going for all the biggest pieces--repeatedly putting your name over everyone elses. I think that you should definitely give other people a shot. I clarified the amount of bids you are receiving off of my referral. I, too, would like a shot at the pieces you are all over. I can not, in good conscious, continue to let you receive the 100's of bids with which to come after me with--it is like paying some one else to bid against me. I am beginning to think that Mr chip on his shoulder has a point....I am actually seeing the point here....one time referral, ok--for life..you will be taking over the site. I cannot aid in allowing you the bids to do that with.

Maybe you were not sucking up however they way it was announced is a classic ploy as many not so competative bidders would sign up under as a referral for known powerbidders they do this in an attempt to get the PB not to bid against them. I could not agree more that the bonus should be 1 time.

I agree Proto have been a bit greedy on big stuff all the more reason they need to redo the limits.

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I don't know, I'm not even about to keep going back and forth about this topic, lol. All I know is that it's his site and I'm just going to play how I feel within his rules. I'm tired of arguing back and forth about this stuff. I just want to play on the site, have fun, and get a few precious metals. I'm still only going to aim one win a day though if big, 2 if smaller, that way everyone could just STFU and have fun together!

I think the only thing that needs to be done to make everything fair is the limits be tightened up. One item over $500 a week was a GREAT idea. The limits are 15 a month, so I don't understand where all this hatred is coming from. There is ALWAYS an opportunity sitting there. It's amazing how me putting 2 bids on an item I spotted automatically means I'm going to win it just because I know some of the people on the site.

SO! Since that's the MAIN thing now. "I" am personally put mySELF on a limitation. I will only bid on ONE (1) item over $500 a week. Is that okay with ya'll?

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 02 August 2011 - 01:04 AM.

---

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

"Everybody say HELLO to the Bad Guy!" Now say bye cause he's done for the day. Ridiculous.

---

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Well I tried it out. Bought the $99 package. Went after their smallest items to "try out the site" and couldn't even win their cheapest coin. Now, I'm not saying I SHOULD have won because well that's the whole penny auction game after all. However, on a VERY new site like this, it just doesn't sit right.

I mean, I looked at the auctions RBTW and CLEM were going after tonight, and no matter which auction it was, it seemed the bidders would rack their auctions up like it was no one's business. Of course, not every auction is going to be a steal, because you have to have at least some competition.

Then I see Rotary's auction go for $0.03 just before mine and was like :S - Congrats by the way buddy!

And then all of a sudden, it seems I have magnets attached to me all over. These cheap auctions that have been ending for literally pennies each time just rack up when I'm in. - Just can't get my head around it.

It is very strange I tell ya, because no matter how much I try and read people's strategies and bidding patterns, I can just never figure it out to my advantage. lol :rollingeyes: But that's the name of the game. Bottom line, I think if this site is not utilizing bots and actually shipping items out to bidders, then it's great! But you just have to be willing to spend the $$$ as your initial investment. Especially at pretty much $1.00 a bid, it's not really easy on the wallet after a while.

Anyway, Proto and RBTW, you guys seem to have the upper hand on this site. Congrats to both and awesome job on the huge wins thus far! You guys are going to LOVE this site.

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Honestly IWGU, it's just in timing. Sometimes when you see an auction it's better to wait to see who is in it first so you know whether or not it's going to be a big battle. RWB & CLEM are both power bidders and they were pretty much testing each other, so it was automatically going to be a fight. I don't think they've ever clashed before because I'd never seen them on the same site (but I haven't been on many so I don't know). Whenever I see 2 big battles going at the same time, it's pretty much the perfect time to bid because people are either watching them fight or not paying attention because they figure it will be a long battle. Those battles usually take all of the PB's attention so they usually put all their focus onto that one auction leaving the rest to go for nothing when it slips through the cracks. Like the one I just won. RB2W, CLEM, and JACK were all deep in an auction so he was probably not going to go deep in 2 at the same time.

As to the others blaming me about items,

I was aiming 2 big auctions to try and make up for my ridiculous loss the other night. Me putting my name on it means NOTHING other than the fact that I spotted it and it interest me. Nothing more, nothing less. Like I said... only thing that needs to be done is tighter limits and boom... problem solved.

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 02 August 2011 - 01:28 AM.

---

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Honestly IWGU, it's just in timing. Sometimes when you see an auction it's better to wait to see who is in it first so you know whether or not it's going to be a big battle. RWB & CLEM are both power bidders and they were pretty much testing each other, so it was automatically going to be a fight. I don't think they've ever clashed before because I'd never seen them on the same site (but I haven't been on many so I don't know). Whenever I see 2 big battles going at the same time, it's pretty much the perfect time to bid because people are either watching them fight or not paying attention because they figure it will be a long battle. Those battles usually take all of the PB's attention so they usually put all their focus onto that one auction leaving the rest to go for nothing when it slips through the cracks. Like the one I just won. RB2W was deep in an auction so he was probably not going to go deep in 2 at the same time.

I was aiming 2 big auctions to try and make up for my ridiculous loss the other night. Like I said... only thing that needs to be done is tighter limits and boom... problem solved.

Actually I was pissed at my self wife asked me to light the BBQ and I missed the start, Nice win though. Frankly the best time to start another auction is when you are deep in another one at the same time people are likely to think twice about running with you. Cannot believe the jumpers today they are out in force.

Also who is RWB?

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Honestly IWGU, it's just in timing. Sometimes when you see an auction it's better to wait to see who is in it first so you know whether or not it's going to be a big battle. RWB & CLEM are both power bidders and they were pretty much testing each other, so it was automatically going to be a fight. I don't think they've ever clashed before because I'd never seen them on the same site (but I haven't been on many so I don't know). Whenever I see 2 big battles going at the same time, it's pretty much the perfect time to bid because people are either watching them fight or not paying attention because they figure it will be a long battle. Those battles usually take all of the PB's attention so they usually put all their focus onto that one auction leaving the rest to go for nothing when it slips through the cracks. Like the one I just won. RB2W, CLEM, and JACK were all deep in an auction so he was probably not going to go deep in 2 at the same time.

I was aiming 2 big auctions to try and make up for my ridiculous loss the other night. Me putting my name on it means NOTHING other than the fact that I spotted it and it interest me. Nothing more, nothing less. Like I said... only thing that needs to be done is tighter limits and boom... problem solved.

Yeahh just a magnet of bad luck today. I might want to try them out in the future depending if they lower bid prices, but that's a touchy subject within itself so I'll let it be.

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

@RB2W
Oh, oops lol. RWB is you when lighting a BBQ, other than that you're RBW! ;-p. I was wondering where you went cause you usually throw at least something at the higher-end stuff. I was shocked you didn't have a bidbutler set on it already like usual. Thanks though! ;-p

And yeah I agree, those jumpers are something ridiculous. I've never seen a lot of these names that are currently popping up against you, except one. You probably ticked one of them off on another site so they are trying to take revenge on you. Someone signed up as ANTIProtoProtoss, which I thought was hilarious. I figured they were going to bid against me but maybe someone just signed up an extra account to be silly or something, I dunno.

@IWGU
He's probably going to try them at different cost eventually, but just starting out I think he's trying to make enough from the purchases to cover the cost of the items.

If you all don't know about APA, I really suggest you use it so you know who you are up against. I see a couple of those names there. Look at their history.

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 02 August 2011 - 02:08 AM.

---

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penny auction, penny auction gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users