penny auction penny auction gold

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

@RB2W
I've never seen a lot of these names that are currently popping up against you, except one.

On that auction that is still going, I'm starting to see a lot more familiar faces still popping into it. They are all from DD. So I'm ASSUMING they are coming from DD411's blog since a lot of people there know about it, but I don't know.

Yeahh just a magnet of bad luck today. I might want to try them out in the future depending if they lower bid prices, but that's a touchy subject within itself so I'll let it be.

Oh yeah and IWGU... you mentioned bad luck. You should've seen the issue I had on Beezid with some guy that won tons of 1000 bid packs. Wish I'd known THAT before going in. Bad enough he jumped it when I was already so deep, but he placed 2500+ bids against me. He definitely deserved that win, lol. But at least it didn't only screw me cause I only spent half that! so we're tied! Except he has one against his limit, HA! I win... and lose. X-(

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 02 August 2011 - 02:57 AM.

Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

Herbolos
  • Herbolos
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

IWGU, I had the same problem last week. It seemed everyone wanted to bid on the small silver auctions I wanted. I decided to be more aggressive this week and you just happened to run into me on a couple of the auctions. There was a certain bidder that became my nemisis during these. I seen you bidding against him on a small gold bar, that I was interested in, but decided to let you have at him. I am have only be doing PAs for a month so am still trying to figure out the strategies.

aka Pwent, Pwentt

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Rbtw---I guess, after watching the game tonight, I am perplexed...but I did have to laugh at your comment in which you refer to me as a "not so competitive bidder.". When you accused me of "sucking up to" mr power player protoss....lol...I guess, perhaps, it depends on your definition of competitive bidder....if competitive bidding status is determined by ranking on that invasive APA place...you would have seen my name in the top 10 list until this past couple of months...When I chose to play on another site....if your definition is based on the amount of money I spend...ummm...I have no intention of discussing that...but you did bring a smile to my face as you have no idea to whom your audience is inclusive. If your definition of competitive means I can find the justification for spending three times the price of an auction in an attempt to prove a point or scare off competition, I guess, in that regard, you are right..I'm not "competitive". But then....I guess that willingness suggests different things in different circles....I don't live for PA sites, subjective pa cred or reputation...I just like to play....sometimes, when we underestimate our competition...we just end up looking foolish

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Hey Mrs. E, I am not sure where anyone got any indication of you sucking up from in the first place. I took what you were saying as a joking gesture completely, but these other people don't know our relationship/history so they really can't speak on how we talk to each other. I bet the majority don't even know what site we met on and about the big clash we had where that group of you rose up and attacked me all because of a simple misunderstanding, lol. If they knew who you REALLY were, trust me they would not have felt that way, lol. (ssshhh... I won't tell noooOOOOooobody) I was puzzled the whole time wondering what ya'll were talking about when I heard sucking up because I could not find it.

I don't know why people keep calling me this big bad "Power Player", as I stated plenty of times I'm not into holding that title anymore. It's expensive, more costly than it's worth, and just a hassle to maintain. The only reason I think people don't mess with me as much on the auctions is because I have been playing penny auctions for YEARS to a point that a lot of these people actually know me. I was never the type to go around messing with people nor jumping auctions ever, so the people whom remember me for that actually like me because of it and tend to leave me alone to the most part. Through my years of bidding I gained respect as a good respectable bidder whom never intrudes on other people's battles, NOT by being a bully trying to powerhouse every big auction to win. As I've stated before, I ALWAYS mark an auction I am interested in early on and then fight to defend it. None of this is discussed between any of us, it's just been that way for the last year or so. Why go against somebody you know? It's just a silly concept. In short we just stay out of each other's way. I don't know WHY people keep saying that is collusion though, because no matter what site you go on, people are not going to be super aggressive against somebody that they know personally or are familiar with, especially if they are known to be able to back themselves up. And as far as friendships, I have had a stupid retarded battle with EVERY single one of these people before, both winning AND losing. Hell, me and you even had it out pretty ridiculous on that other site. To fight like that nobody wins except the auction site themselves.
Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

---

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

IWGU, I had the same problem last week. It seemed everyone wanted to bid on the small silver auctions I wanted. I decided to be more aggressive this week and you just happened to run into me on a couple of the auctions. There was a certain bidder that became my nemisis during these. I seen you bidding against him on a small gold bar, that I was interested in, but decided to let you have at him. I am have only be doing PAs for a month so am still trying to figure out the strategies.

aka Pwent, Pwentt

Yea I went up against you for that silver coin, and it seemed like you wouldn't go down without a fight and I wanted the gold bars more so I decided to save my bids and let you have it. But then I run into another battle and was like jeeeeze! I'm not whining that I didn't win, because come on now, that would be selfish. I guess you can say that I'm just tired of having this cloud of bad luck following me because this ALWAYS happens to me.

However, all whining aside lol, Congrats on your wins Pwentt! :)

I'll probably try it out again soon, but customer support is lacking (for me at least).

mnkyluvr68
  • mnkyluvr68
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Love the site but...having WAY more luck here at my moms house!!! I've been here helping her for the past two months. My dad passed a few years ago and left a MESS from his business. He was a numismatist (retired 10 years)and collector of anything he felt collectible LOL...anyway, while the auctions were going yesterday I was working like a dog and came across two boxes :biggrin: They weren't marked special or anything at all. I found over 150 oz of .999 in rounds, a 10,000 grain sterling bar, over 100 Merc dimes, 45 Walking Liberty halves, some graded and some 90% silver. WOOOOOHOOOOO, I LOVE SILVER!!!! Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the auctions but I was so excited I had to share it somewhere :party: Now I know which room to be looking in...wish me luck!

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

That's awesome mnky! Congrats! It sounds like your Dad was a really smart guy! There is no telling what all you might find. Good luck! Keep us posted.

rs9090
  • rs9090
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Anyone recieved wins yet? Mine are not late or anything.Just wondering

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Anyone recieved wins yet? Mine are not late or anything.Just wondering

Received most of mine fast shipping

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Anyone received wins yet? Mine are not late or anything.Just wondering

I received the wins from the first day. I emailed wondering how soon the new shipments would be going out and he said everything up to this point was already ordered, the tracking numbers just have not been updated yet, so if you won anything prior to today, it's already in route (if you accepted the win and paid the final price alreadythat is)

---

rs9090
  • rs9090
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Good to hear.....Thanks

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

congrats everyone on their wins this evening! Looks like there were some hard fought battles

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

HI I e-mailed the site about possible longer hours for the site to operate since most of us are stuck behind the desk 9 to 5 like me or only could bid at night and weekends. There response to the issues.

We are going to be expanding our hours both starting earlier as well
as running later, (for our west coast users). We will also be expanding
our operational days in the next couple weeks
Happy Bidding!

bidwealthinc@gmail.com

I just wanted to say thank you since I have actually been collecting coins since I was a child.:bigsmile:

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Are Erin824, BidDumpster, or BidTrashCan forum members here? If I recall correctly, all 3 (or maybe just 2 of them) were in that huge intense battle last night. Definitely fun to watch!

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

lol--definitely less fun from my side. Especially after a convenient, random, single bidder appeared out of the blue--at just the right moment to allow someone to go get some more bids..and quickly left after throwing in enough of their free bids...just as someone was coming back into the game. Oh, I could count on all fingers and toes the number of auctions I have lost from the need for more bids..Its part of the excitement...usually....ahem....After I conceded..and wasnt thought to be coming back..that opportunistic bidder threw in their last 2 bids to cover their tracks..after all..if you won something for more than twice the price...whats a couple of more bids when the competition is gone? I mean, if new, single, random bidder really thought he could hit a major windfall after watching the thing go on for hours, one might grab a bought bid or two in the process..just a thought...It was so transparent that I almost jumped back in afterwards to call bS and game on..LOL...I didnt quit cuz I ran out of bids...I just ran out of ass..LOL..The art of play draws me to the game...not who is willing to spend 2 or three times the price to win. I dont look at those people with respect or newfound intimidation...Just question sanity...lol...heck...dumpster and I could have saved ourselves the time factor...he could have bought himself a coin, me a coin...and still had enough left over for drinks...and I would have warm fuzzy feelings for my new best friend rather than irritation over possible collusion.... Just sayin...LOL...Kudos to those who fought and won last night! With the S&P downgrade of our great Country....It makes the gold and silver market seem like a way better option!

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

mnky, I laughed when I saw your monkey with a gun avatar..If you go on youtube and type in chimp with ak47..you will laugh hysterically. My favorite part is the end, when the monkey holds the AK over his head in a, "I so rule" statement!

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

lol--definitely less fun from my side. Especially after a convenient, random, single bidder appeared out of the blue--at just the right moment to allow someone to go get some more bids..and quickly left after throwing in enough of their free bids...just as someone was coming back into the game. Oh, I could count on all fingers and toes the number of auctions I have lost from the need for more bids..Its part of the excitement...usually....ahem....After I conceded..and wasnt thought to be coming back..that opportunistic bidder threw in their last 2 bids to cover their tracks..after all..if you won something for more than twice the price...whats a couple of more bids when the competition is gone? I mean, if new, single, random bidder really thought he could hit a major windfall after watching the thing go on for hours, one might grab a bought bid or two in the process..just a thought...It was so transparent that I almost jumped back in afterwards to call bS and game on..LOL...I didnt quit cuz I ran out of bids...I just ran out of ass..LOL..The art of play draws me to the game...not who is willing to spend 2 or three times the price to win. I dont look at those people with respect or newfound intimidation...Just question sanity...lol...heck...dumpster and I could have saved ourselves the time factor...he could have bought himself a coin, me a coin...and still had enough left over for drinks...and I would have warm fuzzy feelings for my new best friend rather than irritation over possible collusion.... Just sayin...LOL...Kudos to those who fought and won last night! With the S&P downgrade of our great Country....It makes the gold and silver market seem like a way better option!

Ooooh boy! Well, as you know a battle is always fun to watch, but just as you said, not when you're part of it. I'm not sure if you were in it from the beginning or not, but I started watching from around $30. When I saw this price, a little elf inside my head was saying "go and jump in, you'll be sure to win". Then another little elf came running, killed the first elf, and said "are you CRAZY! what makes you think they're going to stop anytime soon?".. Sure enough, $30 later it finally ends. I'm glad I listened to the second elf lol. :P :) I wouldn't have jumped anyway because that's not my style, but just found it funny how the voices popped in my head.

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Yeah, I was in at the beginning, hung back when I should, jumped in when I needed to and rested when I could..Ha! I thought I was a playing fool..LOL...I initially thought that clembowski was gonna join the party..Heck, if that had happened, those two might still be playing today..lol..And, I would have been 900 and something richer...Dang you Clembowski! You show up when I dont want you and are nowhere to be found when I need you! You are seriously going to have to work on that! LOL..Just kidding! IWGU, I think you were the true winner for listening to the wise elf! LOL! Woo Hoo! Ok..drinks are on you! LOL...

This am..new dawn..new oppressively hot, dry day in Texas...I have built a bridge and I have walked over it with respect to my feelings of injustice..LOL...it is 108 outside and minus 108 in my office. I have a space heater on..I am loopy from my 3 hours of sleep last night as that auction was never ending...They are filming a reality tv series at my job so I get to be "on" despite the bags under the eyes...In between that and actually doing my job...Im already starting to look forward to Mondays auctions...Hope to see you there in the winners circle IWGU!

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Yeahh just a magnet of bad luck today. I might want to try them out in the future depending if they lower bid prices, but that's a touchy subject within itself so I'll let it be.

Hi All
Sorry haven't had a great deal of time to check the happenings...
I saw this and wanted to let you know, in response to many on here, both via PAW & email
we ARE revisiting our Bid prices... Initially by offering specials
We are looking at that as well as tighter win limits, (4 per week starting Mon)
many things to try to keep a level, yet competitive playing field.
Attached File  bidwealthlogobig.jpg   43.8KB   2 downloads

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Yea I went up against you for that silver coin, and it seemed like you wouldn't go down without a fight and I wanted the gold bars more so I decided to save my bids and let you have it. But then I run into another battle and was like jeeeeze! I'm not whining that I didn't win, because come on now, that would be selfish. I guess you can say that I'm just tired of having this cloud of bad luck following me because this ALWAYS happens to me.

However, all whining aside lol, Congrats on your wins Pwentt! :)

I'll probably try it out again soon, but customer support is lacking (for me at least).

Hi sorry if something has slipped through the cracks...
We have received numerous accolades from people for promptly answering their inquiries...
Please let me know what we can do to address any concerns you may have
admin@BidWealth.com
Attached File  bidwealthlogobig.jpg   43.8KB   2 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penny auction, penny auction gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users